Numb hand from >>>>>> injection..hlp?
    Lortayy is offline New Member

Default Numb hand from >>>>>> injection..hlp?

So I tried >>>>>> for the first time about a week ago, and I had my friend shoot me up because I was too nervous. He did it in the wrist. But he completely messed it up and missed the vein, I'm pretty positive he damaged a nerve. My thumb and forefinger are numb and have been for almost a week now. I woke up today and my fingers ached but were still numb. It's really annoyingly uncomfortable. I'm really nervous that its going to get worse or something. Can this lead to something that could end up really damaging my hand? Is this something to be seriously worried about? I know I should go see a doctor, but its kind of not an option right now. I just really need to know whether this is something I need to really worried about, or if it'll just heal with time? Please help me out, I'm kinda scared.

cherry14 is offline Member

Obviously no one can answer whether or not you've done permanent damage to your hand, or whether or not it will get worse.

I'll spare you the lecture on doing >>>>>>, all I'll say in that respect is that I'll hope you'll take this as a lesson to not do it again.

As far as your question...I am a nurse, so I start IV's a lot, meaning accessing veins, same as this. We are taught to avoid the wrist, as there are a lot of nerves in that area, and a lot of potential for damage. It is too bad, since a lot of "good" veins can be found there, but it's not worth the risk of nerve damage. I cannot say if it will stay how it is now or get worse, but it is possible to have caused damage that will last long term.

MaisieC is offline Senior Member

Hi Lortayy,

You need to see a doctor. What is the worst thing your parents might do to you if they found out? Of course they'd be upset, but you stepped into this, and it's probably a lucky thing that you're seeing that it has consequences before you go any further. Mad parents are the least of your worries. >>>>>> can do all kinds of unspeakable things to you.

My best friend died from >>>>>>. I've seen a whole lot of hideous ******** I wish I had never seen. It is so not worth it. You're a precious, valuable person, and you must take care of yourself. I understand you're young; I understand you want to explore stuff. But there's lots of stuff in the world to explore that won't kill you. >>>>>> will.

Please let us know what happens, K?

Take care,
    Maisie

cvtldy1958 is offline Member

Default What a knowledgeable friend that was???

I have seen many people shoot up...in my days.
    I have seen many on t.v. (like on Intervention).
    Have you EVER seen anyone shoot up in the wrist?
    think about that for a minute!
    no one EVER DOES and as the person above stated its becuz there are NERVES ABUNDO there.!
    so....if all of your friends are doing that, you might want to tell them....NOT A GOOD SPOT. nerves..lots of them.
    and YES YOU HAVE NERVE DAMAGE. especially if he was moving the needle around, looking for a vein..(cuz he missed).
    a dr. would probably say, well you impinged a nerve and only time will tell if it comes back + a lecture .!!!

pls. don't do this again!! don't use needles. You are setting yourself up for an addiction that will b so bad, and hard to come back from!!!
    so....to answer your question, time will tell, but if it gets red, inflammed or swollen, GET TO THE DOCTOR!

Magdalena12 is offline Member

Lortayy-

Yes, the wrist is a BAD place to go poking around. When I read your post my first thought was "I wish he/she was as worried about HIV, addiction, Hepatitis C, etc. as she is about her numb fingers". I have done stupid things in my life as well that don't make sense so I am not trying to be a jerk, but think about it, there are FAR WORSE things that can happen to you from shooting herion than numb fingers!

mags

Psyched is offline Member

Lortayy,
    You should definitely go see the doctor! And, yes, the doctor will definitely tell your parents. I realize this SOUNDS bad, but I hope this incident has been a wake-up call for you to stop the things you're doing. Trying to experience life by trying drugs is a bit foolish. If you ask any number of people on this forum I bet most of them would try and persuade you to STOP while you can; no offense to any one on this board but just look at all of the people here begging for help to QUIT the various things they're on. Since you're afraid your parents will find out, I'm assuming you must be a minor. I hope for your sake that you either come clean with them and face the consequences or that they do find out before you're really hooked on something, or worse, have to find out you had a problem when they find you dead somewhere. So, I think it's time you grow up, show some maturity, and tell them the truth so you can get to the doctor and have that wrist looked at. I wish you well. Good luck.

anotheraddict is offline Member

Lortayy,

Just another word of caution. If it is nerve damage, it needs treatment NOW, not later, not tomorrow. There are some horrible nerve conditions that can result from nerve trauma. I would hate to see someone end up with a lifelong condition because of one stupid decision. I'm sorry, but the decision to even try H was stupid. The decision to shoot up was stupid.

Sorry if it hurts to hear that. But many teenagers make it through without "trying everything". It's not really a rite of passage as much as some people think. It's dangerous.
    1 is too many, and 1000 is never enough

Freed from my own personal hell since 03/24/2009

The OP did not say they could not go to a doctor because they were worried about their parents finding out, all that was said was that "it isn't an option right now." There could be a lot of reasons for that; someone else assumed that was the reason. Don't run with that, it is only getting away from the point.

Lortayy, whatever the reason is, you need to think of it another way....NOT going to the doctor isn't an option. Period. Please get it looked at, please let it be a lesson to NOT shoot up again, and please let us know how you are doing.

MaisieC is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by cherry14 View Post
    The OP did not say they could not go to a doctor because they were worried about their parents finding out, all that was said was that "it isn't an option right now." There could be a lot of reasons for that; someone else assumed that was the reason. Don't run with that, it is only getting away from the point.

Lortayy, whatever the reason is, you need to think of it another way....NOT going to the doctor isn't an option. Period. Please get it looked at, please let it be a lesson to NOT shoot up again, and please let us know how you are doing.
    Actually, I read Lortayy's post on another thread, which expressed concern about parents finding out. Ended up responding to this thread instead. I wasn't just making assumptions. In fact, I make a HUGE effort not to do that with anyone.

I really agree that not going to the doctor is not an option. This business with the hand is scary, and it's best to get it looked at.

Hope you're doing OK, Lortayy. Please post again and let us know how you are.

Quote Originally Posted by MaisieC View Post
    Actually, I read Lortayy's post on another thread, which expressed concern about parents finding out. Ended up responding to this thread instead. I wasn't just making assumptions. In fact, I make a HUGE effort not to do that with anyone.

I really agree that not going to the doctor is not an option. This business with the hand is scary, and it's best to get it looked at.

Hope you're doing OK, Lortayy. Please post again and let us know how you are.

My apologies then. I didn't see another thread, and when I saw it come up in this thread, I reread through the first post a couple times and wondered what I was missing. I didn't see anything remotely like it, since I was just responding to what was posted here.

Psyched is offline Member

Cherry,
    Masie is right. I had originally posted to the other thread and then saw this one so I just copied and pasted my reply to the other post to this one as well. Seems like a lot of folks have been double posting as of late No apologies need.

dalejrfan71 is offline Member

Lortayy,

If you want to experience life, do it clean and sober. You will remember every minute of it and enjoy the pleasures of life. I got hooked on cigarettes when I was 13 and I wish that I never took up smoking. The good thing is that I made it through high school without trying drugs. Drugs break up so many families and ruin so many lives as well.

I understand that you are scared that your parents will find out what you did, but as everyone else said here you need to see a doctor NOW!!!!
    How old are you by the way? If your young enough maybe physiotherapy might help your wrist somewhat. If you don't get help you could ruin any chance of doing a job that would be the perfect job that you love.

I am gonna be 38 this year and I found out that I have arthritis so bad that any chance I had of working for a living is shot to hell. I wish that I only had wrist problems, I have the joints of a 60 year old.

Whats the worst your parents will do if you told them, ground you? If you don't and you keep doing this, they will be putting you IN the ground. Yes your parents will be mad, but anger fades and they will forgive you. How would they feel if they found out about what you did from a stranger instead of you fessing up and taking the consequences like a man.

Please do the right thing and tell your parents, then go see the doctor to get it treated.
    If you want to live life on your own terms,
    You got to be willing to crash and burn

kathleen5hockey is offline Advanced Member

From a mothers point of view. First, depending on what state you are in the doctors DO NOT have to tell your parents. They will want to get paid so that's how your parents will find out you went to the doctors not WHY you went there. Remember each state is different. In Ct after age 15 parents don't have to many rights. Second, please read the thread I have posted on "Can't understand". As a mom I can tell you we don't like the problem but we LOVE the child. My daughter finally told me about the >>>>>> addiction after using for 2 yrs.. How I wish she had told me after the first needle, our lives would be completely different. Please don't wait, tell your parents or someone older who you trust and can help you. Get it checked out then we all will help you down the path of sobriety. PLEASE, DON'T USE THE NEEDLE AGAIN!!!!

balooga is offline Junior Member

I am a 44 yo with a 15 yo boy and a 20 yo daughter and this thread has brought me to tears. No lecture from me lortayy, just please see a doc and stay off the junk!
    Peace,
    Balooga

First, thank you for sharing, makes me wonder if my daughter felt the same way about telling me. I don't know your age but will try to help. My daughters school had an Intervention Councelor, what you tell them is confidential. They have the resources to get you help free of charge. If your school doesn't have that Dept., go to your councelor, make sure up front what you say is CONFIDENTIAL. Them tell them. Please know that as a parent, we know something is going on. It kills us to not know what. I had contacted my daughters school when I sensed something was different in her. The same day I called some one else went to the Crisis Intervention Councelor. They all met with both of us to break the drug abuse news to me. As hard as it was to hear, at least I knew what I was fighting. You are not alone, though you may feel it. Frightened yes but you must take care of your health. Please DO NOT do >>>>>> again. I could tell you stories that would spin your head. My daughter is 17 and has been using since 14. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep reaching out in this forum, it's easier to let yourself be free to talk the truth. Take care. Keep us informed.

I have been thinking about you, are you still reading these posts? If you haven't gone to the doctors yet, please tell someone your hand hurts for what ever reason, go to the doctors, make sure what you say is confidential and tell them. Please read my posts on "Addiction-can't understand". I write from a parents point of view, I live it with my daughter.