Norco detox, feelings and personal remedys
    OneMoreStep is offline New Member

Talking Norco detox, feelings and personal remedys

Hello readers, i would like to start this off by wishing anyone who is going through this tough process... I wish you the strengh and courage to get through this! It is a rough mental process to even make the decision to quit your abuse. But it is so worth it to be free from any substance that is running and ruining your life. I am convinced there is no happy medium for OP abuse!

I have been an on and off OP abuser over the past few years, used todo about 80mg of OC a day just to feel normal and not even really get high as so many people do. I sucessfully quit that habbit cold turkey, even though it was a delayed w/d, it took some trips to the cairo and a gym habbit to start really feeling 110% again. I was clean for about a year until i met a new chick who casually abused norco... This was my relapse that put me in the whole i am now! I started just taking one or two a day but over about 6-9 months it grew out of control... I was taking anywhere from 10-15 10/325 norcs. I have a very guilty conscience and knew that this isnt where i wanted to be. I have begun my detox and am six hours away from 48 hours of detox. The first day was a little tough but still managable and something i have been through befor (knowing what was coming and how to help minorly relieve the TEMPORARY withdrawls). Ill list the following symptoms i had within the first 48;

Starting with the back ache i always have when i WD from OP, i would take a HOT shower (because im 6'7 i dont fit in a bathtub LOL ) and i have a midicinal marijuana RX where i obtained a oil to help with the ache also, its an anti inflamitor and muscle relaxant. Befor bed i put a bunch of rice in a sock and heated it up in the microwave for a while and placed it in the lower back. I took some ambien and a little xanax 1/4 of a bar. I think that this combo gave me a little RLS and i had a little trouble falling asleep lastnight but i did sleep on and off.

I have been taking a OTC drug for the diarrhea at any sign of stomach ache or if i have to use the facilitys. This is always my judgement of how i asses my detox. When my stool begins to harden i know the body and brain are begining to fully recover.

The mental aspect of it does not distract me too much because i can smoke a cig and play with my puppy at anytime. I had the thought of getting a RX filled of codeine to help with day one but i knew i would delay the symptoms i am trying to manage. I decided to tear up the form and not go through with it.

My appetite has been not there at all, but i have been forcing myself to eat a small sandwich or even some cookies just to get my nutrition from something.... Even if its not the best source! Today i craved my morning coffee and really enjoyed it!

That was the past 45 hours and when i awoke today after a bit of sleep and a good morning i am feeling alot better, i read on forums whenever i am going through a tough time such as now. And honestly its alot of people who seem to be suffering and at a time of need, i have intense sympathy for them but alot of what u read may scare you away from detox. But let me speak from experience, its not that bad and if it is really captivating over you... Seek medical help, see a doctor and tell them EVERYTHING your going through, feelings, usage, and even why you want to have a sober and great life ahead of you. It may be nessecary for you to enter a rapid detox program or not. Your doctor is the one that should make the call on that for you, if your serious about this you will do it and enjoy having a glorious life ahead of you.

This IS something you can do and the symtoms will fade away, i love the comparison to the "flu" because it is almost identical to it... Aside from the mentL cravings and or thoughts of your DOC.

I will try to keep updating but as we all know, the longer you go away from Your dependance, the less you think about it. It might now come across your mind to update the others because your so relieved to be substance free! I wish everyone a great and sucessfull journey on this rocky road were on. Just remember that these symptoms WILL fade and go away, you WILL have your life back and you WILL be abel to function without this junk in your body! Wish me luck along this process and i wish all of you the same!
    Last edited by OneMoreStep; 10-12-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Oh yea i forgot to mention that i kind of taperd off my doses in the few days leading up to my detox, cut from the usual 10-15 down to 3 2x a day, and i cannot say this helped or didnt help. The first few days are tough but if you really want it, burn your connects to dirty docs and delete the numbers of friends u sometimes call for some extra meds. This will help your mind atleast say i want this, try taking steps to recovery and help let your mind know this is what i want todo. I read alot of peoples posts and the one thing i discoverd was how amazing our brain and body really is! God bless! And good luck!

Based on what info i have given, how long do you think a detox of this level of abuse will last. I have looked at the form for WD symptoms and i score from about 5-10 depending on my blood pressure. Any insight is appreciated greatly! I want to just hear from someone honestly...

hope full is offline Member

hey oms - I have no idea how long it will take for you to get past w/d - never finished a cold turkey myself (went the sub route) but I just wanted to say congrats on your decision to get clean and I'll be here cheering you on
    as I try to make my way to the ordinary world, I will learn to survive

OXYmom is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreStep View Post
    Based on what info i have given, how long do you think a detox of this level of abuse will last. I have looked at the form for WD symptoms and i score from about 5-10 depending on my blood pressure. Any insight is appreciated greatly! I want to just hear from someone honestly...
    usually it is a few days, 3-5 were always the worst for me. And, the part about rice in a sock- cool, I do that too. I make rice bags for people. My friends have had theirs for 5 years and still use it every night. lol It is great for kids' earaches. You can put a cinnamon stick in with the rice and then it smells a little like rice pudding when you heat it up. ok, enough susie homemaker.

Anyway, I have to get off here and go to bed so I may not see your reply. I will be back in the am though. Have a great night and know that if you do this now and do it right, you will only have to do it ONCE. That was something Robert told me and it stuck. He and Melinda helped me a lot when I was having trouble this last time when I decided to stop the opiates for good. So did newyorkgal and Cheeky and tons of other ppl here helped too. You will get support, keep posting. I will check back in the am...hoping to sleep tonight. Been having a bit of trouble there. Hope you are here tomorrow.

Col, really do lookforward to hearing from some of these amazing people, i have been following some of roberts threads but i have yet to find someone with the specific experience with norcos i am looking for. I have gained alot of knowledge about what is going on and what to expect. The toughest part for me right now is to stay on top of my 3mo old puppy. Hes so amazing and shows me the love whenever i need a pickmeup. My physical aches are getting better, it just feels like i spent a hard day at the gym lifting back...so this is something i can deal with so far.

I can do this and i AM doing this...!!!

My appetite is slowly returning to me and im begining to crave some food!

End of day 2 (update)

Today went pretty well, i felt like the back pains i was having are slowly loosening and its coming in waves. Glorious waves. Still am taking the ambien to help me sleep, i have a big seminar todo in he morning and really look forward to this!!!

I took maybe a qtr of a xanax to help me ease the mind a little, and it had me totally not worring about my body aches, if i get up. made conversation between me and my father. It was a bit spacey conversation aspect but thats just how me and my father communitcate.

As for the stomach... I woke up a few times in the morning with some urges to use the facility, but when i used enough immodium... That ceased for the whole day. And a sorry for those who are light hearted, i passed gas finnally without any problems.

The diet of the day consisted of a few peices of cheese facacia bread with jalapenos (small peices)
    Then later i was reading about how my vitamin and basic nutrient levels must be suffering so i went with the bulk of my meal and made one of the best protien/bcaa/you name a vitamin its in here and in some awsome doses. I used to workout often and have a full bottle of this left over. Mixxx it in a shaker and drink with water or milk choose your percent. I always bulking in my muscle mass so its a large amount of protiens and nutrients for the body.

Now a friend came over and hooked me up with a really good chicken sandwich, which i put down in like 2min and felt good that i could eat somethin. We then watched a movie and some funny show about two guys from kenya that traveld to texas, it was reall cool to see how well they understood english, from basic speech but even understanding the language to joke how we joke! Sorry that was off topic !LOL!

My back ache was alright today and totally manageable for me throughout the day i felt like waves of relief were slowly lessening the discomfortable feelin in my lower back. I also hitup the pilates ball for a good stretch if i feel up to it. I read somewhere that potassium supps were necessary and i luckly noticed some in my pops bathroom. Took one of those and i dunno if thats why i feel so good now.

I took my ambien a little bit ago and am already tired as a dog!

Gotta be up early for this seminar, wish me luuuuuck in my day of somewhat normal day! Woooooo hoooooo!! Cya guys tomorrow night 8pst i wish everyone a goodnight and strenght!

Thanks hope and oxymom for stopping by
    Last edited by OneMoreStep; 10-13-2010 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Dang iPad

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Hi one, I hope you are doing better each minute of each day. I have had experience with Opiates. You see whether they are Vicodin or Norco, the base medication of Hydrocodone is the same. What differs is the amount. Norco has less ibuprofen and more Hydrocodone; 10mg's. So, you can expect around 5 days of not feeling so good. But the good news is you have the right attitude which is important. Keep the will to be clean at the forfront of your thoughts. Get angry at the symptoms and just treat the symptoms as they come (which you seem to be doing). I have always suggested the X factor as well. That is, every day put a big X on the calender when you have finished. As time goes by, which as you know it does, you will see those X's build up and that will give you a sense of pride. Addiction is a humbling experience because it is never far away from any of us and relapse is easier than people think. Some feel as though " Oh just one is fine" but in reality, it grabs you quick. It did me, thus the name caughtagain. I am glad you are posting, keep that up. A journal is important and as time goes by you can referance where you have been and how you felt. This also helps the process. To this day, there are days when I go back and reread my first month or so I have been clean because of this forum and the people on it for 1 year 3 months. Sometimes we all need that reminder..... Keep posting and know we are here for you one. You are almost there! All my best......................CA
    Last edited by caughtagain; 10-13-2010 at 07:28 AM.

Anonymous Guest

Hi one
    I bet after today you will start to feel better.. you really sound like you are doing good... My hat goes off to you..when I quit my oxycontin I was so sick I had to taper down with some vic's...but like you said earlier I think it was a Long tortures death..LOL
    happy for you, let us know how your doing..
    Melinda

mottam is offline Advanced Member

OMS:
    CA pretty much gave you a good day to hit for starting to feel better from the opiates.
    All of us detox in many similar and different ways and durations. You’re on day 3 now - blast though this. It is a fight worth the effort - get this stuff out of your mind and body.
    Focus on now - getting clean. Think about how you are going to stay clean. The vortex that is addiction will take you down the toilet really quick - get and stay away.
    I could not have stayed off of them this long w/o this forum, NA, my family and friends - it is just too hard to beat alone (for me).

Be careful w/ the Ambien and xanax. Use it to detox and get rid of it. Speaking from current personal experience, I would rather go through opiate w/d 1000x's then benzo w/d once.

Best of luck - keep posting.
    mottam
    Last edited by ddcmod; 10-13-2010 at 02:39 PM.
    Persistency is consistency

soulreaper is offline New Member

Default hello I am do kicking norco 10/325

I was taking on average 17 to 20 norco every day and that was the 10mg norcos I would take my last 3 and a half pills at 9pm and wake up at 7am and pop another 3 or 4 pills before I even go to the bathroom after day 3 of withdrawal I started feeling better I would google the thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal if you can get your hands on some L-dopa take it on an empty stomach in the morning with some b vitamins this will make you feel good or buy some L-tyrosine but do not take it with food especially protein!! it can cause stomach bleeding. and one of the main symtoms of withdrawal is restless legs they are horrible...I was extreamly sick last year with the swine flu..and withdrawal in my opinion is worse because of the cravings...of course when I had swine flu I was poping darvocet 3 and a half of them at a time also...darvocet are weird to me they make me feel completely diffrent then any other pill..but they have 600mg of tylenol in each pill blah! anyway you can do this and make it we all have faith in you! here is my story I have a disease called Kyphosis and its slowly curving my spine forward because my vertebrea are wedged shape instead of flat like they are suppose to be well I had my surgery was on may 5th my curve was at 90 degree angle which is horrible and I was in severe pain all the time well they cut me from the bottom of my neck along my spine all the way to the top of my butt and then shaved off each vertebrea in my spine to make them flat then he inserted 14 screws all the way down my spine and put 2 rods down the length of my spine and thats when my addiction got out of control nothing would control the pain I was on valium and oxy contin and norco 10mg all at the same time..i kicked the oxy and kicked the valium but I continued on the norco well I still need pain medicine because I am still in pain 24/7 and probably always will be in pain but I started abusing the meds taking 17 to 20 of them a day and I knew if I didnt stop I was going to kill myself kill my liver well with the grace of God and everyone I here im finally doing it! finally! well if you need anything or need to talk to someone do not hesitate for I am on here all the time because I am still unable to move very well due to my surgery thanks for reading and Takecare and Godbless you

Helloooooooooo everyone, i really lookforward to hearing from everyone and helping me get through this, all day i was at a seminar and i just wanted to see how everyone is doing! Today was alot better for me, got some good sleep and woke up early to get to work. I had little discomfort in my lower back still but it is alot better than previous days and i am slowly regaining my appetite and energy. Ive been drinking coffee and energy drinks in the am to get me goin! Its really getting better every day and every hour is starting to fly by faster and faster. My stomach is finally settleing down and i dont have to worry about that anymore!

So 75hours clean and day 3 is almost over for me and im BEAT! I listend to a speaker for 8 hours today which ment sitting in a chair for a verrrry long time. Something i could not have done the first days. But slowly day by day and step by step im gettin better!!! Thanks to everyone for posting on my thread it really does make me think people care about my sobriety because it can be seen as weird amung some of my friends.

Symptoms from day 3.

Bach ache was still there but as i said previously it comes and goes in waves and is starting to be shorter and shorter... I can really tell a huuuuuge difference from day 1 to now.

Energy has somewhat been there and as i mentioned befor i drink coffee and have an energy drink if needed in the morning and that helps get me goin and everything!

My mind has been pretty occupied and this has helped alot. Just being around my friends and keeping occupied with work helped alot today.

I still know that i will do this because i dont want to go back to the lifestyle i was living... I want my life back! And im willing todo anything for it!

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi one
    I bet after today you will start to feel better.. you really sound like you are doing good... My hat goes off to you..when I quit my oxycontin I was so sick I had to taper down with some vic's...but like you said earlier I think it was a Long tortures death..LOL
    happy for you, let us know how your doing..
    Melinda

I too quit oxy 80's and i feel ya girl... That was an experience, but nothing like what im goin thru now. This is nowhere the level of wd i went thru from oc! Thanks for ur wishes and i wish u all a great opiate free life

Day 4 and im feelin alot better today, i was abel to sleep in with my puppy and enjoy a cloudy morning where i live! I love this kind of weather!

My symptoms are mild today... Starting with the back ache which is very minimal today and i notice my mobility improving to its regular state! Hooray! I have been playin around with the pup all morning and time is not ticking by so slowly now...

Oh yea! I awoke today to someone asking me if i could get them something and i denied them and told them i am never going todo those things again! I feel like that was a big move in the right direction for me! I was abel to not give in and think i could just take one or two... Actually two people asked me and i told them both the same thing. It was a bit disturbing for me also because i told them what i was going through and they still thought i would have some lying around. I feel good about my sobriety today for once again!

Im going to just hang with some friends and stay mellow today. Im about to try and take a multi vitamin but they usually make me sick so im taking it with a protien shake that has a ton of essential ammino acids and all kinds of good stuff for you. My appetite is returning to me today i actually feel hungry for certain foods. The past few days i had to force myself to eat.

I took some ambien lastnight to help me fall asleep and i did not touch the xanax because i dont like the way it makes me feel, i just had itnfor the first few days of detox to help with my mind and put the mind to ease a little. Honestly the qmbien makes me feel like im tripping on lsd somewhat, i saw some cool tracers and felt odd it was funny!!

Ill update later also and catch up with yall!

I can do this and i AM doin this!!! One day at a time AND I WILL HAVE MY LIFE BACK!!!

Anonymous Guest

HEY !!!
    I'm so happy your starting to feel better...
    please keep us posted on how it is going ..
    I got a bible study going on right now but I seen your post and wanted to say CONGRATS !!!!
    Melinda

Thanks melinda!! Im slowly gettin over this for sure!! I feel ok today, just the usual old back ache comes and goes as it wants, but generally gettin better. Been hangin out with a friend who knows where im comin from too. Watchin some movies and just had some mac n cheese! Im gunna try and goto the gym tomorrow for some cardio to stimulate those receptors baby!!

Anonymous Guest

Hi onemore
    I was wondering how it was going today !!!
    the gym will really help you..I'm sure you have read about me saying how much my running and doing my 8 minute abs..helped me ..
    Im glad you have a friend to go thru this with you..
    keep us posted on how it is going !!!
    talk to you soon,Melinda

Hello again! Stoppin by to keep up on my thread and let everyone know how its goin.

Today was really good, day 5 and my symptoms are nearly gone. I like to describe all of them as waves that come and go. I feel now that a majority of the time i feel quite good and pain free. I didnt sleep toooo great last night but i got a good 7-8hrs. The puppy wanted to play at 2am

Today i just hung with my friends, had a pretty good appetite and played some soccer with my friends! I have noticed how my days are begining to not drag by as it seemed on days 1-3.

Overall im very happy to have made this decision and am well over the hump as thay say. Gunna go watch the rest of the mlb playoffs and might go do somethin tonite. Ill keep ya posted!

Days 6,7 and now 8!!! Feelin good and feelin GREAT!!!

Just a quik stop by to let everyone know im doin great and am through my wd symptoms!!

Sleep is still a little restless but ive always had trouble sleeping, just gotta learn to deal with it and adjust the sleep schedule your body is on!

I urge anyone who is in the same shoes as me to take the leap, it will be the best decision u will ever make!

Day 27 i believe...

All wd symptoms are gone and it feels like i have been sober for soooo long! Haha

Tahoe28 is offline New Member

Thanks for your post so much. I'm in my hotel room right now going through some of the symtoms you mentioned here. The worst symptom is my lower back pain, followed by the diarrhea. I booked a jacuzzi suite anticipating the pain I read about in the forums. The jets and hot water help the pain temporarily. When it gets bad again, I do it again. I'm really looking forward to the new life that awaits me. My Norco addiction has been going on for years after I hurt my back in a quad accident. I'm very fortunate to be financially secure, but have been watching my business hurt and my employees become unhappy because I'm not living up to my responsibilities. These norcos have made me forgetful and has numbed my senses. If you want to quit, I hope you do. It's going to be great!!! I spoke with a doctor that said I should wen myself down because its bad for you to quit cold turkey. I ran out of my pills and decided not to refill them and get through this. It sucks, but I'm taking my life back! Hope you do too! Sending positive energy to everyone in this boat.

Irisone is offline Junior Member

I am just now going to start this hard journey. I don't want to admit it but, I'm an addict . I hate myself for letting it get this far. I must quit but I just can't function for the withdrawals. Xanax knocks me out 1 mg and it have some some other stuff but the profession I'm in I just can't take days off or tell my wife. One more step, can you offer and words of advice. I'm also exp. stomach pains too. I really want my life back and be in control.