No longer dancing with the Devil....
    Cred1984x is offline New Member

Default No longer dancing with the Devil....

Hi there,

I have been browsing these boards for sometime now and must admit that it has been a blessing. I am 26 years old and was heavily addicted to Hydrocodone until a few months ago. I was taking 10, 7.5mgs a day, and when I didnt use, I didnt feel "normal".....thats when I knew there was a problem. I didnt want to stop, they made me feel awesome, but I didnt want something to control my life either. I was stealing meds from my father, and then lying about it...and thats just out of character for me. I was eventually caught....my wife threatened to leave me, I had no choice to quit if I wanted to keep any shred of my life the same. The physical withdrawals have dimished.....but the mental is really tough. Hydros made everything I did better! I am a video game tester, and when I was using I could spend hours on one game....now I have trouble even turning my kit on from lack of interest. Does this eventually go away? The lack of interest? The crazy plots to acquire more pills? This board has really helped me through this mental stage of withdrawals....but its not over yet.

Cody

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

The time frame for everyone is different. I quit cold turkey and lasted around 90 days before relapsing, according to drug therapists it can take up to 120 days to "normalize", so for example if you were extremely depressed it would take up to 120 days to diagnose you with depression,

terry120635 is offline Member

how long were you addicted to hydrocodone? I'm happy to hear that you have quit.

Terry

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

Almost 3 years. I'm not out of the water yet I went the sub route this time but it was a mistake, I'm at 2mg and dropped down again tomorrow.