Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes
no induction, no cows worksheet, no nothing!! Help!!!
    Chrissytee is offline Member

Default no induction, no cows worksheet, no nothing!! Help!!!

Im not good with computers at all. It took me four days just to figure out how to post this. I'm hoping someone can help. Ive been ooking at Roberts sub taper and not only did I figure out that I'm computer illiterate but suboxone illiterate also. I've been on methadone for 9 yrs. (Yes methadone illiterate too.) Was on >>>>>> before that. To make a long story short I've been clean for the last 9 yrs. I went to a detox center and tapered from 28 mg. to 0 mg. in a two week time and I never felt anything until I got home and three days later went right into w/d someone gave me an 8mg. sub 4 days after that and I split that in half and felt better after a couple minutes . I took the other halt the next day but was feeling sick again by the next day. I got two more pills from my friend and chopped them in two halfs than chopped those halfs into more halfs and took tiny pieces of them that day and got instant headaches by that night. After three days of headaches and still feeling w/d I went to a suboxone Dr. (No insurance). And the Dr. didn't do a cows worksheets or an induction as Roberts plan said he should. He just gave me a 8 mg. Subs and told me to split them in half and take half in the morning and half in the evening and to come back in two weeks with more money. I explained that I only wanted to be on the subs for sixty days but I don't think he was listening at all. I guess I'm trying to figure out is this the right thing to do by following his plan . I don't know how to implement Roberts taper to what's going on with my subs because I'm getting film and if I was getting pills I still wouldn't have been able to figure it out. This sucks so bad I just want to get my life back. I don't want to get high. I don't want to have to take anything to feel normal again (whatever normal is) . Can someone please show me please a way to taper with 8 mg. sub films. I'm not even sure how much to take today. Help please!!!! Someone, Anyone? Thanks in advance. And sorry for rambling

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Here is the entire process start to finish. I'll be back on the forum later today. The link to COWS worksheet is in the INDUCTION section of the link. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Sundwn likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Sundwn is offline Member

Chrissy , I know virtually nothing about subs except what I read here. But hold tight. Someone will read you and reach out as soon as they can. Today is a work day so it may be later on before you get contacted. You have come to the right place. Some old timers on here and extremely knowledgable. So sorry my expertise is limited in this particular medication. But please hang on. It is good that you WANT to get clean. This is where the miracle begins. Peace my dear........SD

Sundwn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Here is the entire process start to finish. I'll be back on the forum later today. The link to COWS worksheet is in the INDUCTION section of the link. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Well, there you go Chrissy. Robert is one of the folks I was talking about. Ask and you will receive ....lol.....you can do this......SD

Thanks for responding and I know your probably tired of going over the taper with everyone personally. Especially since you already have the induction link posted up. But I'm having a hard time trying to decipher (lol) it to fit to my taper. Maybe I can chat with you when your back on the forum later. Thanks Robert and time you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for responding SunDwn. I'm so beyond being ready to be clean its sad. If not for the w/d's I could've been done it . Well as the old cliche says I guess its "time to pay the piper". I just don't want to pay with w/d's. Hopefully subs will help. There is no other choice. Thanks for responding!!!

Default Desperately Seeking Suboxone Film Help!!!!!

Sorry to bother you Robert. I've read your plan and I hate to seem like a numbnut. But i don't have a clue how to make the 8mg. sub into other mg.'s.Please explain what should I do if my Dr.gave me 14 8mg. sub films yesterday and told me to take half of one yesterday evening. What exactly should I take the next 5 days. And I'm also asking how do I make a 8mg. sub film into a 1mg., .25mg, &.5mg film? I don't want to be a bother to anyone I just don't get it no matter how many times I read it. I've seen other post where you inducted people yourself. May I ask for your assistance??? Thanks again in advance for any help your able to give.

MP5
    MP5 is offline Member

Hi Chrissytee, You are not being a numnut, and are not a bother! To divide up your films, I will tell you how I did it..... take an 8mg film, fold it perfectly in half, it will leave a scored line where you folded it, cut it on that line, and you now have two 4mg pieces. You then take one of those and fold it in half and cut on the folded line(or you could eye ball it), that will give you two 2mg pieces. Repeat as necessary to get the dose you want. Keep track of what is what amount dose, labeled in a "bindle" or folded piece of paper, and store in a safe place. Once you get down to 1mg the pieces will be around 1/4" by 1/4" squares, after that you will probably want tweezers and a small scissors, and eyeball cutting them in half., but you do not have to worry about getting smaller that .5mg right now I don't think. If you have a hard time picking up the small pieces and putting them under your tongue, try to poke them with a toothpick. they normally stick to the toothpick then put on the bottom part of your tongue.

Make sense so far?
    Last edited by MP5; 06-05-2012 at 08:35 PM.

MP5
    MP5 is offline Member

As for the the induction, If you go to the link and follow the directions exactly you should be all good. The most important thing is to make sure you score AT LEAST a 26 on the COWS worksheet. It is not in your best interest to cheat yourself, as it will throw you into precipitated wd(not a good time) If in doubt....WAIT till you score higher on the COWS. It isn't a matter of time, you have to be scoring a 26 or higher. The second most important thing is to take small amounts as directed in the link, and wait to give it time to get in your system and work before taking more. The idea is to get stable at the lowest possible dose. This is going to make the whole process quicker, easier, and less painless. If you take to much at once, you will blow right past the minimum dose. Remember, with subs, less it more. That is just how they work. It goes against how us addicts think, but I promise you you will feel much better if you get stable at a low dose, than if you just take a bunch and call it good. If you have any other questions post away, and Robert isn't around I will do my best to answer for ya.

Mike
    Sundwn and Chrissytee like this.

Oh my gosh I feel so simple minded as I was reading your post MPS. Thanks a bunch!!!

MP5
    MP5 is offline Member

Cool, and don't get caught up on thinking about micro doses, or odd numbers right now. We can deal with that later.

Mike

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

maybe this will help some..

btw.. just for clarity

1/2 mg = .50
    1/4 mg = .25 etc...

but remember, when the time comes,
    you would NOT want to drop from 1/2 to 1/4 .. that's a 50% drop..

allll my best!
    Classique MoM

Thanks a lot ClassiqueMom I work so much better with visuals. Only problem I'm having is that I was already taking 3crushed up suboxone for3 or 4 days before I went to the Dr.s So when I did go to the Dr.s he gave me an 8 Mg. film. I took half of that on Mon. Tuesday's I took half of the 8 in the morniin the and cut the other half into 4 quarters and took one of those quarters in the afternoon. What do u suggest I take this morning and this afternoon or have I already messed the Xerox schedule up??? It sure feels that way. I'm definitely not in w/d. I'm.not even sure anymore what I'm doing. I feel like I'm making my situation worse. If you have any suggestion or advice I would love to hear it.Thanks in advance Clas.siqueMom

Thanks a lot ClassiqueMom. I work so much better with visuals. Only problem I'm having is that I was already taking 3 crushed up suns for 3 to 4 dayys before I went to the Dr.s office. When I did finally get to the Dr.s he gave me an 8 Mg. sub film. I took half of that on Mon. Tuesday I took half of the eight in the mornining and cut the other half into 4 quarters and took one of those quarters Tues. afternoon. What do you suggest I take this morning and this afternoon or have I already messed up the detox schedule up??? It sure feels that way. I'm not in w/d and I'm not sure what I'm doing or what to do. I feel like I'm making my problem worse. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ClassiqueMom in advance

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

ohhh geee... i think you need robert, or reid, or cheeky for this!

shouldn't be long before they get to your thread!
    and if they don't.. i'll get another thread started for you, with their names in it.. that way
    they'll see it for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissytee View Post
    Thanks a lot ClassiqueMom. I work so much better with visuals. Only problem I'm having is that I was already taking 3 crushed up suns for 3 to 4 dayys before I went to the Dr.s office. When I did finally get to the Dr.s he gave me an 8 Mg. sub film. I took half of that on Mon. Tuesday I took half of the eight in the mornining and cut the other half into 4 quarters and took one of those quarters Tues. afternoon. What do you suggest I take this morning and this afternoon or have I already messed up the detox schedule up??? It sure feels that way. I'm not in w/d and I'm not sure what I'm doing or what to do. I feel like I'm making my problem worse. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ClassiqueMom in advance

You need to be at a dose that you're totally stable at first off. Stay there a few days. Then you simply reduce your dose by 25% about every four days. It's that simple, but you have to dose at the same time every day and take the same amount every day whether you feel like you need it or not. You need a steady, even flow of meds into your system. What is a dose that you are totally comfortable at? Doesn't matter what it is, we just need a place to begin from and then we can move forward. Talk to me! God bless.
    MP5 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thanks ClassiqueMom. I just took half of the 8mg. because im not sure what to take and I have to take my 19 Yr. old to the Dr.'s office. I really need to find out something soon I haven't been to work in a month. Thank God I still have a job!! And thank His to all yous guys help.

Thanks Robert God Bless You. I seem to be comfortable at 4mg.

Thanks Robert God Bless You. I seem to be comfortable at 4mg.

4mg is fine, it's a good starting place. So I would suggest that you take 2mg when you get up, then take another 2mg about 5:00 in the afternoon. Do it at the same time and the same amount daily whether you feel like you need it or not. Do that for three days.

After the three days we'll reduce your dose to 3mg daily which is a 25% reduction. We'll see how you're feeling after four days and make a call what to do then. Stay in touch as if I know what is happening daily I can prevent problems from occurring. Talk with you soon. Hope this helps. God bless.

God bless you Robert. I'm so happy I want to cry!!! There's actually people out here who understands and are willing to take their time to help others!!!, Bless everyone here . I can't express how thankful I am. I'll definitely stay in touch Robert!!!
    Crystalclear651 likes this.

You're very welcome and just listen to me and this will be a piece of cake. Coming off 4mg won't be any big deal at all. God bless.
    Chrissytee likes this.

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

4mg is fine, it's a good starting place. So I would suggest that you take 2mg when you get up, then take another 2mg about 5:00 in the afternoon. Do it at the same time and the same amount daily whether you feel like you need it or not. Do that for three days.

After the three days we'll reduce your dose to 3mg daily which is a 25% reduction. We'll see how you're feeling after four days and make a call what to do then. Stay in touch as if I know what is happening daily I can prevent problems from occurring. Talk with you soon. Hope this helps. God bless.
    Sorry to jump in here, but I screwed up tapering from 6 down to 5 instead of 4.5 mg. I'll have two more days at that dosage then my 25% reduction says 3.75...so my q is should I go to 3.5 or 4? Or should I try n cut these 8 mg strips n take exactly 3.75? I felt like a moron thinking I was at 4.5 until someone pointed out to me that it's actually 5 mg im taking. Robert n all u other expert members are such a blessing to us n I can't thank y'all enough for helping us in need. U truly are many ppls saviors n guide us w/I asking anything in return except following directions properly. I want to get off everything n want to taper correctly this time around. So any thoughts on what I should taper to?

Christy, if u want a taper buddy since we are almost around the same dose, I'd love to do that. We can be eachothers support system in time of need. I'm new on here n am getting great advice from some other members, but it's nice to taper along someone. Keep up the great work n know I'm here for u too. Big hugs
    Last edited by Crystalclear651; 06-08-2012 at 03:29 AM.
    Chrissytee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalclear651 View Post
    Sorry to jump in here, but I screwed up tapering from 6 down to 5 instead of 4.5 mg. I'll have two more days at that dosage then my 25% reduction says 3.75...so my q is should I go to 3.5 or 4? Or should I try n cut these 8 mg strips n take exactly 3.75? I felt like a moron thinking I was at 4.5 until someone pointed out to me that it's actually 5 mg im taking. Robert n all u other expert members are such a blessing to us n I can't thank y'all enough for helping us in need. U truly are many ppls saviors n guide us w/I asking anything in return except following directions properly. I want to get off everything n want to taper correctly this time around. So any thoughts on what I should taper to?

Christy, if u want a taper buddy since we are almost around the same dose, I'd love to do that. We can be eachothers support system in time of need. I'm new on here n am getting great advice from some other members, but it's nice to taper along someone. Keep up the great work n know I'm here for u too. Big hugs

I would go to 4mg as that will make future reduction lots easier to cut. Also if you need to stay at the 4mg a couple extra days it won't matter. We want you to be on the right dose and stable. God bless.

That would be awesome to have a taper buddy Cyrstalclear 651. I'm not to good with posting on forums. I basically keep replying back to this thread to reach everyone. So I guess we can contact each other this way unless you know a better way. Thanks

Hi Robert just checking in to let you know how its going. I just remembered that on 6/6/12 I took 2mg. in the morning and 2mg. in the evening so today would be my 3rd. day. I'm feeling ok now but when I awoke I felt kinda sick. I really don't know how that's possible but I know it wasn't my imagination. I guess when you touch bases with me you'll let me know if it's time to reduce to 3mg.s. Once again thanks in Advance Robert and God bless you.

I would go to 4mg as that will make future reduction lots easier to cut. Also if you need to stay at the 4mg a couple extra days it won't matter. We want you to be on the right dose and stable. God bless.
    Thx for the response! If I'm feeling fine after two days at 5 can I start 4 today or wait the whole 4 days (which for me is two more days) then lower to 4? I'm doing one a day dosing, is that ok or should I switch to two a day?
    You do such great things for us. GOd bless you, u should write a book with all the wisdom n knowledge u have. We all appreciate your responses to each of our cases. Thx again

Chrissy,
    Sorry ur weren't doing so good this morning. What symptoms were u feeling? U said ur doing better now n thats great! I had trouble going from 6-8mg a day which is typically unheard of, but I'm glad to b better now. We are slightly off as far as dosing goes. I'm at 5 ( by accident lol) I'm not sure I'd I should stick it out at five or go immediately down to 4. Well Sounds like we both are in need of support. I'll continue to check base w u on this site. I have a thread where I'm asking for advice too under need to talk http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk...ack-61808.html but it will b easier for us to chat in one place so I'll touch base with u here. I've been blessed to have such wonderful ppl from this site in my corner. It's been amazing

When did u induce again? Using cell here so it's hard to type n scroll thru everything. If its been short term, b very VERY happy u are here n doing it right w an experts help. These darn docs love having us come in for months n months or even years! In my case it's been around 6 months, started tapering down from 32 to 6 before seeking help here.

Please keep posting n know that u have a fab support team here. Big hugs to u,
    Crystal

I was already taking three crushed up 8mg. subs for about 3 or 4 days b4 I went to the drs. office on 6/3/12. I took half of an 8mg. sub film that evening and got advice from some great people here. On 6/6/1 Robert told me to take half of a 4mg. sub in the morning and the other half in the evening. So I don't exactly know when I induced. All I know is that I'm gonna follow everything Roberts says to a t. From what I've been reading as I know you have also he's like a suboxne genuis. I just spent nine yrs on methadone there's no way I'm even willing to spend a year on subs. I read some of your threads today, just hang in there we can do this. Failure for me is not an option. I'm so happy I found this site I thank God every time I get on it. Talk to you later Crystal. I'm on a cell typing to its the pits. Excuse my mistakes please

I was already taking three crushed up 8mg. subs for about 3 or 4 days b4 I went to the drs. office on 6/3/12. I took half of an 8mg. sub film that evening and got advice from some great people here. On 6/6/1 Robert told me to take half of a 4mg. sub in the morning and the other half in the evening. So I don't exactly know when I induced. All I know is that I'm gonna follow everything Roberts says to a t. From what I've been reading as I know you have also he's like a suboxne genuis. I just spent nine yrs on methadone there's no way I'm even willing to spend a year on subs. I read some of your threads today, just hang in there we can do this. Failure for me is not an option. I'm so happy I found this site I thank God every time I get on it. Talk to you later Crystal. I'm on a cell typing to its the pits. Excuse my mistakes please
    Wow great job tapering down so quickly! I totally agree, failure isn't an option n we have some of the best, most experienced ppl on here giving us the support n guidance we need. I can't believe how misinformed some of these drs We see Are when it comes to tapering subs. Well meaning but they haven't been there n most don't know what we go through. I'm so thankful to have a tapering buddy to cheer each other on n give support. This website is such a great tool n it's wonderful to have experts help us thru this and get it right n b clean n clear once n for all. God bless everyone here that take time out of their lives to help n support us!!!! We can do this. Will keep in touch. Xoxo Crystal

Crystal .... I would go to 4mg on the next time you dose. Dosing once each day is fine, I have no problem with that at all. Just keep me posted how it's going over the next four days. God bless.
    Crystalclear651 likes this.

I'm suppose to go to 3mg.s tomorrow. Does anyone know if I can take all three 1mg. pieces at once or do I spread them out like Robert had me doing with the 4mg's. I was taking half of the 4 when I awoke and the other half at 5p.m. Thanks in advance to anyone who has suggestions.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast