need to taper off roxicodone
    tmo76 is offline Member

Unhappy need to taper off roxicodone

Hey everybody,
    I fell off the wagon a month ago and i have been doing close to two 30mg roxicodone daily. I have decided to get off this but I decided to taper off. I have 40 pills to do this and I do have the willpower but I need the knowledge to do it properly. I fell off the wagon because of losing a g/f and worrying about my health and my shoulder injury which inhibited me from going to the gym to workout. My body looks like ******************** compared to what i used to look like. I plan touse this forum as support. I hope i can be clean by new years. If you have any advice or comments please let me know. This is all my fault and i admit that but I cant undo the past. Im focused on a drug free future.
    Thank you
    Tmo

icandoitin08 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by tmo76 View Post
    Hey everybody,
    I fell off the wagon a month ago and i have been doing close to two 30mg roxicodone daily. I have decided to get off this but I decided to taper off. I have 40 pills to do this and I do have the willpower but I need the knowledge to do it properly. I fell off the wagon because of losing a g/f and worrying about my health and my shoulder injury which inhibited me from going to the gym to workout. My body looks like ******************** compared to what i used to look like. I plan touse this forum as support. I hope i can be clean by new years. If you have any advice or comments please let me know. This is all my fault and i admit that but I cant undo the past. Im focused on a drug free future.
    Thank you
    Tmo
    How long have you been trying to quit? Was this the first time you quit and relapsed? If this was not the first time I would look into suboxone. I am on it and it works very well. It completely took away my w/d and helps me in many other ways. Cravings, urges etc...

Hope this helps
    Cheryl
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Every day you don't use, Give your
    self a HUG and do something nice for
    yourself!

tmo76 is offline Member

I have revia from a doctor which I plan to use when iget to a safe level to stop. I dont want to take anything else.

Anonymous Guest

Hey everybody,
    Thank you
    Tmo
    Hi TMO
    When I started my taper I messed up a lot to.but you just pick up dust yourself off and start over.You will get it right,I would try to space my pills out longer and take less of them every couple days.At first lets say I took them every 4hr,I would tell myself I can wait for ten more min before I take one,Then I would say that again,I worked really well.Then every few days I would drop a pill,till I got stable again,then I would drop again.I got down to 2 5mg vics a day then I jumped off and quit.You can do this.we would love to cheer you on,and don't be so mean to yourself,we all have done it.LOL
    Keep posting and let us know how you are doing ,Melinda

tmo76 is offline Member

thank you melinda for your reply and encouraging words and advice. Im going to take it day by day and knock off a little here and there. I know I can do it! Thank you!

Anonymous Guest

thank you melinda for your reply and encouraging words and advice. Im going to take it day by day and knock off a little here and there. I know I can do it! Thank you!
    Hi tmo
    It really does help if you get on here and post everyday it makes you more accountable for what you do.You might think twice if you have to get on here and tell us how its going.LOL
    Have a good night,Melinda

Katwantshelp is offline Member

I tried to taper a few times. Just can't do it when I have 180 Lortabs in a bottle next to me. In 2 days I am starting the suboxone at a dr's office. I feel very inspired. If you truly have the will power you may be able to taper. You could check into suboxone and see if you think that would work for you. The very best of luck, my friend.

Kat

cagirl is offline Member

Hi TMO I think its great you want to quit! Thats the first step.....When I quit I went Cold Turkey for me it was the best thing, if you dont have an additive personality like me then you should do fine with tapering....We can do anything we put our minds to....Keep posting on here you will get lots of Support from people going through or have gone through the same as you....I wish you the best!!!!!