Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By vduda
  • 3 Post By opiatemaster
need to talk to someone who has quit opiates
    shwnjr is offline Member

Default need to talk to someone who has quit opiates

ive been off opiates now for 41 days just wondering when your energy comes back completely and the headaches go away . just wanted to talk to someone who has had a success story from quiting opiates

vduda is offline Member

Hey sh,

I have been clean from opiates 6 and half months. It is different for everyone. Some long term users of opiates never get that energy back. I was on every known prescribed opiate for 10 years (3,500 mg in pills and 30 40 cc's intravenous). About 2 months ago when they put me on a medicinal dose of benzos (was off of benzos for 4 and half months after taking 40 to 50 mg of Xanax a day for many years). Once I started back on the benzos I started to recover quickly. Now I have energy, no insomnia, my stomach doesn't hurt and I don't have seizures when I take may meds correctly. Sometimes I forget my dose of Valium and I go into seizures. As for the opiates you should start feeling better at 60 days. Usually, experts (other prior users) say this is a milestone. Also high relapse rate during this time because you are starting to feel good and think you can handle taking a little something...something. Be strong. It will get better everyday. God Bless

shwnjr is offline Member

Default thanks vduda

i took lortab 10 mg 150 a month 5 a day for 5 yrs and then switched them to oxycodone 30 mg 120 a month 4 a day for 1 year,i never took anymore than what the prescription said too.i weened myself down from 4 to 3 to 1 all in a matter of 4 days and then quit.i never had pain just abused the pill and had a doctor that would prescribe them for me.it was hell though the first 2 weeks i certainly learned my lesson i dont ever want to go through that again.My sleep came back to after 3 weeks i go to sleep now without any tylenol pms and sleep really good.Ijust want my energy to be back to normal,is there anything you can take to boost your energy?i heard some people talk aboutL-tyrosine from ahealth food store? but all in all im doing soo much better waking up and not looking to ake my little blue pill is soo niceill never take them ever again its soo great to be sober after going 6 yrs without missing a single day of not taking a pill,and i have no cravings at all i just want my normal enrgy back is all.ill check beck in a few to see if anybody has answered me.THANKS MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL TOO

vduda is offline Member

SH,

It will get better as time goes on. There are a plenty of supplements that can give you energy, but quality sleep is essential. I have suffered from chronic insomnia from childhood and many times I thought I was going to loose my mind. Literally, I wouldn't sleep for days. It has a lot to do with my Anxiety Disorder. When I was on all the opiates and the unbelievealbe amounts of benzo I slept or should I say passed out every night. In the end I was sleeping 18 to 20 hours a day. Waking up every couple of hours to get my fix. It was crazy. Now that I am on a medicinal dose of Valium to control anxiety, panic attacks, seizures, and insomnia I feel like a new person. My energy levels are soaring. My organs are all healed and my testosterone is through the roof. I have countless injuries, surgeries, plates, screws, other peoples bones in my body holding me together from playing professional sports (soccer and martial arts). However, God has taken my pain from me and after 6 and half months it is getting better everyday. I have gone back to a mostly vegetarian diet. Take a balanced multisupplement vitament. COQ10 is a great enzyme. Spirulina, Lecithin (good for B vitamins), Vitamin C buffered, Pure carrot juice (vitamin A), Chloine for the brain. I ran myself a little ragged last week because it was my birthday. Went out drinking (I am not a drinker) and paid for by feeling aweful. My girlfriend and I have decided to go back to living right and today I feel a hundred times better than yesterday. Just try to stay away from red meats, and definitely milk. We are the only mammals that continue to drink milk into adulthood. 80% of the population does not even have the enzyme to metabolize milk. And also exercise is very important. Start out with a light workout 3 days a week and you will be amazed at the difference it makes in your energy level. Walk a mile, stretch twenty minutes a day and if you can workout at a gym studies show that you produce ATP (the energy currency of the body) for hours after a workout. And one of the most important things is drink at least one gallon of water a day. Don't over do it on the carbs, eat proteins from soy, legumes, hummus and other plant based proteins. And stay away from processed sugar. I don't eat any sweets and in 5 months my cholesterol went from 429 to 212. My triglycerides went from 1100 to 100. Of course this has a lot to do with quiting the poisons (opiates). My liver counts were 240, normal being 0 to 40 & 0 to 56. Now my counts are 11 and 13 respectively. Just start out slow and you will feel better everyday. God Bless You Child of God.
    tcalw likes this.

shwnjr is offline Member

Default thanks for the information vduda

thanks i really appreciate it,i dont know if i can give up milk though i love my milk and always have.i dont drink at all and no pills anymore im more sober than i have been my whole life and its awesome i love it.but i dont think i can give up my milk(lol) ill try those other things you mentioned can you get all the vitamins you were talking about in a grocery store?or do you have to go to a health food store?thanks for talking vduda it makes a big difference to have someone to talk to i love this place its such a critical part of all of our recoveries ta ta for now may god bless everyone battleing addictiction and i wish you the best of luck on quiting you have a whole new life to look forward too after opiates and its soo wonderful without them lov you all in here ill check back later

vduda is offline Member

I would go to a health food store to get your vitamins and supplements. Look for the GAP seal (I believe that is right), it guarantees that it is quality. Maybe I didn't make myself clear...I have been off the opiates for 6 and half months. And your right it is awesome. Together we'll keep on keeping on. Your funny about the milk. My girlfriend doesn't want to give up the milk either. I tell her it makes her fart a lot. She thinks that is so funny. Oh well, to each is own. Try Almond, rice or soy milk. You would be surprised how good it can be; especially the choclate flavors. Anytime I can help just let me know. God Bless.

Anonymous Guest

Default Need help with quitting opiates

I was on benzos for a year. I abused them pretty bad for a while and developed a major tolerance. Well this jan of 2009 i went to a P-Doc for help. I was put on Lyrica to make the taper faster and to help with WD's. It worked very well and I was off of valium in 2 months. Here is the problem, i asked to be put on opiates to help with the final couple of weeks... Big mistake!!! Now i have a tolerance to oxycodone and WD's are horrid!! I completley am off benzos no problem, i should of never started with opiates. My question is this.... I am going to try and cold turkey the opiates and stay on the Lyrica, and was thinking of getting on 10 to 20 mgs of valium again for no more than 4 to 5 days to help with all the dopesickness and then stop... Would doing this hurt me in any way??.. Ive only been off benzos for ten days, but tapered to like 2.5 mgs or less a day from 40 mgs. Like I said I would only be on them for a few days and then stop... Please I could use lots of different advise! Thanks..
    PEACE!!

kicktime is offline Junior Member

For me, i noticed a gradual increase in energy starting from around day 7-10. However, I did have a pretty constant although mild headache for around a month. Nothin to write home about though. After the first 30 days, the headache went away, and it was just smooth sailing from there. That was from about a 6 month stint on subs, and I really didnt have too many w/d problems, thanks to a good attitude and a good taper plan.

But yes, Im at 2 1/2 months sub/opiate free and its like I never had the problem to begin with. I think Im actually better off. I did document the first 20 something days including the tapering and the first couple weeks off subs, if youd like to read it the link is here. http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk...ubs-51019.html
    165 days and counting...

opiatemaster is offline New Member

there is a response at the beginning of this thread by someone who says they were 50 cc's iv opiates a day and also taking 50mg of prescribed xanax a day....well if you are going to post advice on here please don't lie...people are on here trying to get real help and advice and this non sense you have posted actually upsets me...first off a typical syringe used for injecting your opiate of choice (oxy >>>>>> etc) is 29 gauge (most common but gauge of needle can vary) full cc...meaning the needle is 29 gauge and the amount of liquid that the syringe can hold is 1 (THATS **ONE**) cc..(again this can vary to half a cc or what have you I am just saying that the 29 full cc is most common) ... SO, what you are saying is you injected 50 FULL syringes a day...im sorry I just don't believe you...now for the next part of your non sense prescribed dose of xanax at 40 to 50 mg daily...this I can CONFIDENTLY say is 100% not true and your actually making yourself look stupid saying your prescribed that amount daily...for a xanax bar being the higjest dose of xanax available at 2 (THATS **TWO**) mg's this means your saying you take 20 to 25 xanax bars on a daily basis (under doctors orders lmfao) ontop of your 50 full syringes of dope....theres no reason to lie no one is going to be impressed by the amount you claim to be taking.again it makes me so upset because people are looking for real advice and facts and ur "story" is a bad one

bubbagene is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by opiatemaster View Post
    there is a response at the beginning of this thread by someone who says they were 50 cc's iv opiates a day and also taking 50mg of prescribed xanax a day....well if you are going to post advice on here please don't lie...people are on here trying to get real help and advice and this non sense you have posted actually upsets me...first off a typical syringe used for injecting your opiate of choice (oxy >>>>>> etc) is 29 gauge (most common but gauge of needle can vary) full cc...meaning the needle is 29 gauge and the amount of liquid that the syringe can hold is 1 (THATS **ONE**) cc..(again this can vary to half a cc or what have you I am just saying that the 29 full cc is most common) ... SO, what you are saying is you injected 50 FULL syringes a day...im sorry I just don't believe you...now for the next part of your non sense prescribed dose of xanax at 40 to 50 mg daily...this I can CONFIDENTLY say is 100% not true and your actually making yourself look stupid saying your prescribed that amount daily...for a xanax bar being the higjest dose of xanax available at 2 (THATS **TWO**) mg's this means your saying you take 20 to 25 xanax bars on a daily basis (under doctors orders lmfao) ontop of your 50 full syringes of dope....theres no reason to lie no one is going to be impressed by the amount you claim to be taking.again it makes me so upset because people are looking for real advice and facts and ur "story" is a bad one
    Dude relax,that poster has been gone for almost 3 years.

believeachieve4 is offline New Member

Its day 4 for me, after day 3 i was feeling better. I have been smoking 80mg oc's since I was 15! I am 18 now.. I am detoxing alone// with help of marijuana. I will not take suboxone, or methadome.. And i'm doing great. I personally don't like drugs. So many side effects.. And they all get you addicted or have side effects. Plus I moved and plan on going to NA and church. I'm glad I came here great stories. Hope we all get through it!! (= Life is so beautiful

believeachieve4 is offline New Member

I dont plan on using marijn after detox just helps nd its natural

Anonymous Guest

HI Believe
    After day 4 I started to get better.. keep us posted on how your doing !!!
    Melinda

Passiona is offline New Member

Default Withdrawing day 12

Hi guys I've been reading your forums for a while now, it really helps me get through some days, especially the first four days. I'm on day twelve now, I'm not going to tell you what I took or how much but I can say that I've been using opiates for years now and this is probably my sixth attempt of getting off them. I have no energy. The restless legs at night and the weird sleep thing is actually bearable, though uncomfortable, but the no energy thing is really starting to bother me. I haven't been to a meeting or anything so I have no one I can really talk to about this. I know you're going to say everyone is different but... If I have something to shoot for, like if someone says 2 months, or 6 weeks, or whatever, it will make it easier for me to hold onto. If I know this is going to get better it should be enough to keep me going. I don't want to go back to them again. I've been taking B vitamins, l-tyrosine and drinking coffee but... I used to just have access to energy all the time. I don't even know where it came from... I hate doctors and I don't really want to have to talk to one. They just don't seem to understand what I'm saying. And I'm not feeling that 'life is beautiful'. I'm not feeling euphoric. I'm not 'high on life'. So what the hell is wrong with me?

freedom11 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Passiona View Post
    Hi guys I've been reading your forums for a while now, it really helps me get through some days, especially the first four days. I'm on day twelve now, I'm not going to tell you what I took or how much but I can say that I've been using opiates for years now and this is probably my sixth attempt of getting off them. I have no energy. The restless legs at night and the weird sleep thing is actually bearable, though uncomfortable, but the no energy thing is really starting to bother me. I haven't been to a meeting or anything so I have no one I can really talk to about this. I know you're going to say everyone is different but... If I have something to shoot for, like if someone says 2 months, or 6 weeks, or whatever, it will make it easier for me to hold onto. If I know this is going to get better it should be enough to keep me going. I don't want to go back to them again. I've been taking B vitamins, l-tyrosine and drinking coffee but... I used to just have access to energy all the time. I don't even know where it came from... I hate doctors and I don't really want to have to talk to one. They just don't seem to understand what I'm saying. And I'm not feeling that 'life is beautiful'. I'm not feeling euphoric. I'm not 'high on life'. So what the hell is wrong with me?
    hi love - I'm on day 15 now >>>>>> to meth to subs - anyway, I find motivation hard and have got myself clean a few times - longest 4 months before and the feeling like i'm in a lead suit and also freezing bones drove me up the wall - and led to me using again. This time I decided that I wasn't going to let that happen again - was prepared for it - so I was going to walk further and further everyday and I really think that has helped with my energy - even when i really haven't felt like it. Motivation still a bit of a problem and got cold bones but not so bad as in earlier days. The other thing is I was seeing a counsellor - and waiting to see one again cos I got really depressed when first came off >>>>>> which was 9 months ago now - didn't tell anyone about the drugs - but there were plenty of reasons to talk and emote as i had and have completely messed up my life. (PS I would advise anyone NOT to see a drugs counsellor and don't talk about the drug thing until you are well into trusting your counsellor - only if you want to of course - we all have our reasons for wanting to be numb in the first place). anyway, just
    a couple of ideas from my experience. ALso music helps - there's a music thread under need to talk and read others threads - there are a few people at about the same stage as you and we can all lhelp each other. Hope that helps. Love Jay xx PS sleepless thing is last thing to get better everyone tells me; I got a few sleepers from the doctor (who knows nothing about the drug thing) - I'm in UK so they don't give them out like sweeties - lucky if you get 8 for 3 months - so only use very very sparingly and occasionally). Cheerleading. Love Jay xx Congrats on your success up to now - keep going - onwards and upwards. PPS I haven't been to sleep at all (it's almost 9am here); seems to be one day not sleeping, one day sleeping at the moment.
    Last edited by freedom11; 10-20-2011 at 02:56 AM.

tcalw is offline New Member

This is what people need to hear!! God bless you.I add get a everyday phrase bible.Quotes froom God are ment to be medicine also.You can do it.Doctors want you to believe you can't without them.I did and I don't know everyones situation but the one I heard first were the men coming out of war hooked on all kinds of dope and didn't know they couldn't quit and did!!! There are other storeys of quiters to read.

humjez is offline Junior Member

Default yeah nrg is what we need!

i have to laugh when i read posts that express exactly what i feel! i have stopped using opiates since the first of the year and still battle with NRG issues. like Jay said music helps, really loud and in your head! Its a dilemma that i think many people deal with the possibility of relapse is so real but the time you have put towards sobriety would be lost and BAM back at SQ1. maybe i really do have a heavy ass monkey on my back but i hope he finds a new home cause i need meeeee back. I will keep the faith that i will feel like me eventually but for now just take it one day at a time or even one hour at a time and keep saying..... this too shall pass!!!