Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree43Likes
Need help to Withdraw Hydrocodone
    Hydra is offline Member

Shelby,

Congrats on getting through the better part of your detox! You are doing great!

I just wanted to post to you to encourage you on your clean and sober journey, I KNOW that going to meetings can be scary, but honestly, NOTHING can replace that face to face support that meetings can provide. PLEASE reconsider attending some meetings, no matter how frightened you are, I guarantee, you will benefit from them. I learned this the hard way . . . It was three years ago, I detoxed with support from people on this board, I started feeling better, exercisizing, and eventually, started thinking, "WOW, I'M HEALED". Three months later I was posting on this board how great I was doing, telling everyone how I beat the monster. It was a older, wiser, and a person more experienced in recovery (props to Rob) that warned me of this post-detox euphoria, and the fact that it eventually comes crashing down - and CRASH it did, followed by serious depression and constant thoughts/fears of relapse. Luckily, I mustered up enough courage to head to my first NA meeting, and here I am, three years later, humbled by my own success, because - I would have NEVER made it without that face to face support. So, please, don't be afraid, go to a meeting, take what you want from it - and leave the rest.

I also wanted to mention an alternative to NA/AA - another step program called Celebrate Recovery has meetings all over the world. I have recently attended a few, and while the meeting format is a bit different than my NA groups, they both operate in the same spirit, with the exception that Celebrate Recovery is a Christian based program. Totally a personal choice, but just wanted to throw it out there . . .

Hugs & God Bless,

Hydra
    Shelby64 and littln123 like this.

justplaindone is offline Junior Member

Hi Shelby (Theresa)
    I just wanted to stop by and say that I have been closely following your posts and they have encouraged me greatly. I didn't post because I was new here. I am only at 50 hours and I find it hard to even sit at the computer. I have had very few posts on my thread too but I decided not to let it discourage me. About a month ago I detoxed and was in such pain one day I picked up a script. I went on a week bender and boy do I regret it. I am just as miserable as the first time I went through it about 3 weeks ago. Your post gives me encouragement to go on. Today I came clean with my doctor and we are gonna work on my addiction. So I closed the door to getting more from her. It was a scary move but I am glad I did it.
    Please keep posting you never really know who you are helping.
    Thank you JPD

Hydra is offline Member

JPD,

What's the name of your thread?? I will go look for it. Hang in there, sis/bro(?), once you get over that hump (usually the 4th day), you will start feeling better. And remember that most of the people on here are going or have gone through the exact same thing you are . . . you are defintely not alone out there.

Hugs & God Bless,

Hydra

justplaindone is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
    JPD,

What's the name of your thread?? I will go look for it. Hang in there, sis/bro(?), once you get over that hump (usually the 4th day), you will start feeling better. And remember that most of the people on here are going or have gone through the exact same thing you are . . . you are defintely not alone out there.

Hugs & God Bless,

Hydra
    I blew it ugh is my thread thanks for responding, I am gonna start day 3 half way through tomorrow can't wait.

Shelby64 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by justplaindone View Post
    Hi Shelby (Theresa)
    I just wanted to stop by and say that I have been closely following your posts and they have encouraged me greatly. I didn't post because I was new here. I am only at 50 hours and I find it hard to even sit at the computer. I have had very few posts on my thread too but I decided not to let it discourage me. About a month ago I detoxed and was in such pain one day I picked up a script. I went on a week bender and boy do I regret it. I am just as miserable as the first time I went through it about 3 weeks ago. Your post gives me encouragement to go on. Today I came clean with my doctor and we are gonna work on my addiction. So I closed the door to getting more from her. It was a scary move but I am glad I did it.
    Please keep posting you never really know who you are helping.
    Thank you JPD
    Hi JPD. Thanks for posting. Hang in there - we can both do this!

I am so, so tired. Another sleepless night for me. Can't wait to get home, snuggle under the covers and go to never-never land for awhile, but sleep evades me. My mind starts churning and it won't stop. So got out of bed and came here. It was very comforting to see several posts. Thank you!

Wish I could take something so I can sleep. Very hard to focus during the day and to keep my emotions under control without sleep. Tylenol PM, Benadryl and such gives me the jitters/RLS and I am not going to take any more benzos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
    Shelby,

Congrats on getting through the better part of your detox! You are doing great!

I just wanted to post to you to encourage you on your clean and sober journey, I KNOW that going to meetings can be scary, but honestly, NOTHING can replace that face to face support that meetings can provide. PLEASE reconsider attending some meetings, no matter how frightened you are, I guarantee, you will benefit from them. I learned this the hard way . . . It was three years ago, I detoxed with support from people on this board, I started feeling better, exercisizing, and eventually, started thinking, "WOW, I'M HEALED". Three months later I was posting on this board how great I was doing, telling everyone how I beat the monster. It was a older, wiser, and a person more experienced in recovery (props to Rob) that warned me of this post-detox euphoria, and the fact that it eventually comes crashing down - and CRASH it did, followed by serious depression and constant thoughts/fears of relapse. Luckily, I mustered up enough courage to head to my first NA meeting, and here I am, three years later, humbled by my own success, because - I would have NEVER made it without that face to face support. So, please, don't be afraid, go to a meeting, take what you want from it - and leave the rest.

I also wanted to mention an alternative to NA/AA - another step program called Celebrate Recovery has meetings all over the world. I have recently attended a few, and while the meeting format is a bit different than my NA groups, they both operate in the same spirit, with the exception that Celebrate Recovery is a Christian based program. Totally a personal choice, but just wanted to throw it out there . . .

Hugs & God Bless,

Hydra
    Thanks for the encouragement!

grip is offline Member

hang in there the next few days to a week is when you should start to see a big turn around in symptoms.. after ten days I finally started sleeping a little, then by two weeks I was sleeping almost normal.. it's one of the last things to come back and the daytime anxiety fades quick then.. if you need to I wouldn't hesitate to use a benzo for one decent evenings rest.. Hydra has a good point about feeling periods of victory, then fears or temptations set in of relapse,, you have to keep your guard up for awhile because it's only normal to get the blues occasionally and they can seem particularly intense post w/d.. I say to myself "I can't go thru that misery again and truthfully drugs never really gave me anything anyway"..

Feeling pretty decent at the moment. Finally, finally fell asleep for about 5 hours. Don't feel as sad this morning as I have for the past 7 days so I consider that a major step forward. However, I am late in going to work this morning. Felt I needed what sleep I could get. Trying to get my mojo going now to jump in the shower and get to work. Last week put me so, so far behind and frankly, I was so deep in self-pity that I didn't much care. But now my brain is slowly, slowly starting to redirect itself to things other than myself so I have a to do list in my head of tasks that I must complete today. And I am confident that not feeling so low and blue will help me achieve today's goals.

grip is offline Member

word of advice, keep those goals realistic and small at first,, even therapists tell you baby steps, so you don't pile up those mental activities into stress.. but momentum is a great thing and you need some positive distraction, so good luck and have a great day

cryin out is offline Member

Shelby, you are so inspiring and your story gives me more and more courage. Thanks for posting each time you can
    Shelby64 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cryin out View Post
    Shelby, you are so inspiring and your story gives me more and more courage. Thanks for posting each time you can
    Gosh, thanks. So what are you waiting for? I think you already know tapering isn't going to work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    word of advice, keep those goals realistic and small at first,, even therapists tell you baby steps, so you don't pile up those mental activities into stress.. but momentum is a great thing and you need some positive distraction, so good luck and have a great day
    Thanks Grip. I made it through about 75% of my to-do list today. I was starting to get down on myself, then came back and re-read what you wrote and reversed my thinking. All things considered, I can accept 75% today.

Thanks!
    scaredmomof2 likes this.

scaredmomof2 is offline Member

Hey girl. just wanted to let you know i am very proud of you. proud of us! here anytime you need someone! keep up the good work!

Much Love!

Clarabelle

grip is offline Member

I know about over achieving,, or trying to get everything done that my mind says too.. ha,, you end up like a hamster on a wheel.. when my back wouldn't heal and let me be the person who could accomplish as much anymore I had to accept limitations but it also taught me to appreciate much of the world I had took for granted.. slow up and smell the roses, so to speak

cryin out is offline Member

Shelby I am a cancer survivor and one that has problems due to treatment. I have so much pain in my pelvis I cannot stand. This has been the most heartwrenching thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cryin out View Post
    Shelby I am a cancer survivor and one that has problems due to treatment. I have so much pain in my pelvis I cannot stand. This has been the most heartwrenching thing for me.
    My goodness sweetie, then why are you even trying to quit? If you are in that much pain, perhaps just try to maintain an appropriate dose?

Plugging away......dreary, dreary Monday with gray skies and lots of rain. Struggling to sleep well and motivation is a problem, but I am pushing myself through.....Cravings are horrendous but not going to give in to temptation. 11 days under my belt.

i hear ya shelby. dreary days make getting motivated a lot worse. we are almost at the 2 week mark though! i never thought i would get thru it but did! anxiety is still bad but i am working on that! glad you are doing good!

hey there. just checking to see how you are doing. i noticed you have not posted anything since yesterday morning. hoping it is because you are busy with work. thinking of you and prayers are coming your way!

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby64 View Post
    Plugging away......dreary, dreary Monday with gray skies and lots of rain. Struggling to sleep well and motivation is a problem, but I am pushing myself through.....Cravings are horrendous but not going to give in to temptation. 11 days under my belt.
    Shelby .... Just wanted to say hello and see how you were doing. I see that you are still having some sleep issues. Please try some Sleepy Time Tea and/or some Melatonin. Both are natural supplements and do work for some quite well. I still use them both with great results.

The cravings are a very difficult thing to fight off. Continue to keep yourself as busy as possible. You have heard this before, but it really is helpful. And listen to your favorite music whenever possible. It takes your mind off of the drugs.

And keep up with your vitamins and minerals. Especially the B-12. Try the B-12 Dots. They are real tiny and some taste like cherry. You put them under the tounge until they dissolve. And get some real good protein shakes to give you some extra energy. And just keep plugging along just as you are.

The real key is to stay real busy so that you are tired at the end of the day. This will help to keep your mind off the drugs, and to help you sleep much better at night. You have got this Shelby. God Bless.....Denny
    scaredmomof2 likes this.

Default worried about you!

hey girl. hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

I must say though, I am worried about you. cant find any post from you in three days. Please post something and let us all know how you are doing. we are here for you with open arms!

Much Love
    Clarabelle

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234