Need help regarding job and 5 panel drug test
    GAP13 is offline New Member

Default Need help regarding job and 5 panel drug test

I have recentlly been hired for a very good job however they had me take a 5 panel urine test. When asked if I was on medication I said no because I did not want them knowing.

The test I took said it was a DOTC i beleive for cocaine, amphetamines, alcohol, opiates, and THC.

I do however take xanax (alprozolam)

Will this show up on my test, even if sent to a lab.

any help would be appreciated.

hopefulgirl is offline Member

Xanax is a benzo, so unless they test for benzos i dont think it would show up, but i am not totally for sure

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by GAP13 View Post
    I have recentlly been hired for a very good job however they had me take a 5 panel urine test. When asked if I was on medication I said no because I did not want them knowing.

The test I took said it was a DOTC i beleive for cocaine, amphetamines, alcohol, opiates, and THC.

I do however take xanax (alprozolam)

Will this show up on my test, even if sent to a lab.

any help would be appreciated.

A benzo would not show up in the test you describe. The only drug besides marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines and opiates that would show on this test would be ecstacy. It would show up as a methamphetamine.

Most larger companies anyway that conduct pre-employment drug tests use a larger panel screen than five substances, but if they used a panel as you describe then the xanax would not show up.