Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
need help please. 7-9 roxy 30mg user a day
    evildone is offline Member

rain and cold is keeping me indoor. plus i feel bad cause i cant sleep.....day 3 with not a wink. ive got xanax on the way.. is that a bad idea
    Last edited by ddcmod; 11-16-2010 at 01:11 PM.

ummm. I think you are way to far out to take xanax. That is only used for the first 4 or 5 days. As an addict, me personally, no I would not take that. Just having someone bring you "pills" can trigger you. Even if its not your D.O.C. The choice is yours but I would advise against it sweety. The tylenol p.m. did not work for me either so I just had to stick it out till lastnight I finally got some sleep.

not sure what to do. im so tired

Its post withdrawl fatigue. Its up to you but you don't want to just get onto something else ya know? How are your crying spells? I know you were upset about them yesterday.

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

trazodone works well for sleep. Its also an antidepressant, so it is not addicitive.

cry spells are bad right now still. i dont really feel worse just tired and anxiety is through the roof

Just keep your head up and stick your chest out and be proud of what you have accomplished in the last 9 days. We are lucky, actually blessed. Alot of us never make it this far and look at us now. We are all coming together like a family and helping those who need it. I have been listening to Korn most of the morning and now I'm gonna head out for a walk. NO I dont want to but Im going to. Hugs from Houston.

OXYmom is offline Member

I don't think the xanax is a bad idea. I used them when going thru w/d to sleep. They have a short half life, unlike klonopin. No disrespect to the others who advised against it You do need to be extra cautious with any mood altering drug as you have a propensity for addiction (like me). If you get a few to help you sleep for the next few nights, at least it will give you some rest. And this is coming from someone whose bro committed suicide while using xanax.....so, take the advice on here or leave it. Either way, you will do what you must. And for me sleep was a must.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 11-16-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Anonymous Guest

done,

since way back i been sayin ya need something for the sleep.
    if the xanax helps ya,
    take it. i know how hard the lack of sleep gets, after my first 5 days off opiates i was a zombie, a mess, so i went to the doctor and he gave me some.

ya need em at times like this. just dont go overboard.

got some xanax and i plan on sleeping. i alredy feel bettrer as my heart beat has subsided. looks like im gonna sleep for the rest of the day. im not gonna lie i took a whole bar cause im desperate for sleep. the lasck of sleep as giving me suicidal thought so i called a friend don in florida to send me a feww bars. dont worry i ill be careful as this is not my d.o.c....but i feel so relaxed right now.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...lol jk still here. well everyone looks like im gonna hit it for the night. rain is gone tomorro so i will get my walk on. thanks cheeks and oxymom. i feel better about these things as i really just need about 7-8 hours of sleep or more. talk to ya when i wake up... much love to all of u. im taking the working out advice cheeks....thanks oxymom for helping me from day one. u guys are great ppl . much love coming from this little hill i live on ...lol jk....im from florida cheeks what do u expect...

icandothis is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by evildone View Post
    rain and cold is keeping me indoor. plus i feel bad cause i cant sleep.....day 3 with not a wink. ive got xanax on the way.. is that a bad idea
    i think its a very good idea as long as you use it responsibly.. im on day 3 right now and ive been using them the past couple nights. its still not very good sleep but its better than nothin. you do have to be really careful though because out of my 6 detoxes every single time i went to taking rediculous amounts of xanax. i think my record was 16 and a half yellow bars in one night.. it would have been close to 25 if i didnt lose 8 or 9 of them but stay strong man you got this. much love

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

I've been taking 1mg a night for quite some time now but I'll go a week or two without any WD symptoms so as long as you use them responsibly then you have nothing to worry about. They are also pretty hard to enjoy when you're going through WD since you're using them as a sleep aid. I have no idea honestly how people get hooked on them, they just make me pass out and sleep through the night ;/

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

I think different drugs affect people differently. I have abused benzos in the past, but why, I dont know, since they just made me tired. My drug of choice ( any opiates) gives me a tired drugged up energy if that makes sense. But all those addicitve meds are scary, and I learned if you are addicted to one thing, you are capable of being addicted to anything. well, atleast myself.

Hey Nick. Just poppin in here to check on you. How are you feeling now? Hope all is well with you. Hugs.

got some sleep but not enough...i had to take almost a bar to sleep. i still feel alil w/d r/l,bathroom,stomach ache,leg pains but, its been worse. i went to walmart today to get my girl some headphones cause ipod is helping me.had a flat tire,so i deff got a good workout today.....felt good for us to get out the house today....seems like im getting better but its still a pain in my ass.....

whats up bro? How you doin?

icandothis................
    doing ok. anxiety is getting the worst of me right now but still going strong..you?

icandothis................
    doing ok. anxiety is getting the worst of me right now but still going strong..you?
    ya man i feel you on that one big time. have you seen those purple relaxation drinks? man i cant stop talkin about them it like relaxes your mind big time. i just cant stop feening for some xanax and i know thats not good cuz thats always my downfall everytime i try to quit.. but stay strong bro we can do this

no whats the drink called

no whats the drink called
    ive seen 2 of them the one i got today is called purple stuff and theres another called purple drank but its B vitamins, patothenic acid, valerian root, rosehips powder, and L-Theanine it works man

Hey evil i was just thinking about you glad to hear you're doing ok!

erinbaby86 is offline New Member

from my experience using sub just to detox. in rehab they gave my 16mg 1st day then 16mg 2cnd, 8mg 3rd, 6mg 4th, 4mg 5th and on the 6th day i got 2mg. Now I've been in rehab a few times and when they did this combo it work well. They also gave me advil, flexeral, and trazadone to sleep while on the suboxone. And after detox they gave me scripts to treat the symptoms. pretty much the same meds while i was in there but then they gave me catapres and phebarb to take for a week. I still felt ********ty but theirs no way to get around it. As for taking the xanex I would do it but dont over eat them use them to calm you if your jittery or b4 bed.
    what part of the country do live in? I'm in michigan

I've relapsed many times so this time I chose to stay on suboxone 10mg and I will slowly tapper. I've been clean since march and I'm getting things back the way they once were. If I can help you in any way I will try my best

erin

Quote Originally Posted by erinbaby86 View Post
    from my experience using sub just to detox. in rehab they gave my 16mg 1st day then 16mg 2cnd, 8mg 3rd, 6mg 4th, 4mg 5th and on the 6th day i got 2mg. Now I've been in rehab a few times and when they did this combo it work well. They also gave me advil, flexeral, and trazadone to sleep while on the suboxone. And after detox they gave me scripts to treat the symptoms. pretty much the same meds while i was in there but then they gave me catapres and phebarb to take for a week. I still felt ********ty but theirs no way to get around it. As for taking the xanex I would do it but dont over eat them use them to calm you if your jittery or b4 bed.
    what part of the country do live in? I'm in michigan

I've relapsed many times so this time I chose to stay on suboxone 10mg and I will slowly tapper. I've been clean since march and I'm getting things back the way they once were. If I can help you in any way I will try my best

erin
    Hey Erin I'm also a chronic relapser and chose to do 6 months on suboxone, I've tried a lot of doses ( started at 16mg ) and noticed that the higher the dose the more robotic you feel. You should check out Roberts taper plan and get down to 2-4mg if possible. It was an easy drop for me, anything over 4mg seemed like overkill. Just a suggestion, everyone reacts different.

erinbaby86 is offline New Member

yeh this month I have a doc appt and i'm getting the suboxone film. I hope that it will be easier to reduce my dose with that. I have a hard time adjusting when I reduce it. Getting down to 10mg from the 16mg I was taking took a month. I've only been on 10 for about 1 1/2 months now. Its kind of a tight rope act with me, I'm just so scared to even come off it. my biggest relapse trigger is the damn withdrawls. I am going to check his post out for reducing. Cause i do want to be on the lowest dose that will hold me. The whole situation is bad I was left with the choice go to detroit and get dope or go in rehab and stay on suboxone. I almost died a few times and I dont think god will give me another pass. Damn now i'm crying,

Thank you

Getting out of the house is the best thing you can do for yourself, trust me. Thats awesome!!! That is a sign you are getting better, when you can actually get your butt up and out ya know? Im proud of you. I'm on day 11 clean now, I think you quit the same day I did, so day 11 for you?

hey everyone i dont really know whats going on but im so depressed.almost suicidal thoughts.....i know i keep going back and fourth...one minute i feel fine then i get really depressed??????my girl i also depressed....

erinbaby....i live in north carolina....

That will happen, it still happens to me every now and then. It means your brain is basically kick starting itself, for lack of better words. You are OK. You are just feeling alot of different emotions, and that is OK, try and think positive. When that happend to me, I would listen to up beat positive music or watch funny movies. That helped me alot. Taking alot of xanax at once when your system isn't use to it can shake up your nervous system a bit, atleast it has for me, made me more depressed the next day after I took it for some reason.

hey everyone i dont really know whats going on but im so depressed.almost suicidal thoughts.....i know i keep going back and fourth...one minute i feel fine then i get really depressed??????my girl i also depressed....

erinbaby....i live in north carolina....
    This is completely normal. I'm sure 75%+ of these forums have spent many days in bed just crying for no reason. When I mentioned the 120 days thing before what I meant by that is that it can take up to 120 days for your brain to "normalize". What that means is that when you take a pill it tells your brain to pump out dopamine. After chronic use your brain stops producing it on it's own and waits for that pill. When that pill doesn't come it takes time for your brain to start functioning properly again. Please know that 120 days is a max number and I'm not saying it's gonna take anywhere near that long, I'm just trying to explain to you why you are feeling the way you do. The best way to get through it is to do things that force it which is why everyone is telling you to walk and exercise. Take supplements. My wife used to take ecstasy a lot and it her quite some time to feel better, she would take 5HTP, not sure if that helps though but there is that and St. Johns wort. Sex gives it a jump start also, even though you probably aren't in the mood if you force it then it will help, even if temporary. Oh, and in most cases with men quitting painkillers they have a hard time "holding back", that's normal too

Don't give up. Taking a pill now would just prolong the depression part of WD

hey yez thanks for checking on me,it means alot. i can asure you i ill not take any pills.do u remember hen i said ive done this before? well this is way different.. the pysical parts are very mild. the mental part is killing me. i would give anything to just feel normal. i hope it doesnt take long to get right in the head.this is helping just by posting.i did make it out of the house today and also changed a flat tire.and i plan to do it everyday from now on...it feels like i have a elephant on my chest....

Yeah, each detox seems to be worse than the last. You knew what to expect physically but the longer you're on them the worse the mental part gets. All things pass in time though. Someday hopefully soon you'll wake up and actually feel like doing something! Then before you know it you'll be waking up more and more with more motivation and fewer cravings. When you think about pills always remember the bad parts. When you start a craving just remind yourself something like oh hey pills were fun but they cost me my health, or 10k a year or whatever you can think of. You're doing great though, soon you'll be getting better sleep which means you'll start feeling better throughout the day allowing yourself to get that dopamine flowing again

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast