Narcotics & Antidepressants...Please help!
    CherryBlosom2 is offline New Member

Default Narcotics & Antidepressants...Please help!

Hello,
    I'm new to this forum and I just really don't know where to turn...Nobody in my family is going through what I'm going through...So I have questions and I need advice. What I'm going through all began when I was in a car accident-someone who was on drugs passed out and hit my car. I was hurt reeeeally badly and I have MANY orthopaedic problems since I had compound fractures to both feet. I've had to have multiple surgeries and my right ankle is now fused. I also have bone spurs in my knee and hardware in my hip. Everyday, I'm in AWFUL pain, since my job requires me to be on my feet "some." For the past 6 years I've been on all kinds of pain killers-everything from vicodin to oxycontin, and Hydrocodone to methadone. I've also been on celebrex and neurontin. Even with the medications, I am still in alot of pain. I feel that my happiest moments are when I can knock myself out with my pain meds so that I don't have to feel the pain Because of all this, I've become depressed because I just don't have the life that I used to have.. I've been taking antidepressants for the depression and anxiety. They have helped alot, but when I take my pain meds, it counteracts my anti-depression medication. I don't know how I can get the effects of the pain meds and the positive response from the anti-depression meds. I'm also worried that my family thinks I'm becoming "addicted" to my pain meds because I will tell my husband that "I'm in pain and I need to take some medicine!" and he'll say to me "and why do you need this medicine??!!" I don't know what to do because I'm seriously in tremendous pain on a daily basis and I feel like I just don't know what to do.... Any advice would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance!!
    -Sakura [purple][size=3]

Cats Meow is offline Banned

What all exactly are you taking right now, and how much?
    Welcome to Drugsdotcom, you'll find a wealth of info and help here.

Curiosity skilled the cat

CherryBlosom2 is offline New Member

Right now, I'm taking 60mg of Cymbalta a day for depression and anxiety. For Pain, My doctor had given me hydrocodone 7.5 pills. He said to take them at my discresion. I'm up to 3 1/2 of those. But, I'm still having AWFUL pain on a daily basis even though I'm taking medication....Also, I'm having to switch pain management clinics because of unsanitary conditions of the one I was at....so I've dropped off taking the Celebrex and neurontin until I can get enrolled somewhere else. My psychologist said that the narcotics are effecting the potentness of the Cymbalta though. Thanks for responding!!!