Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
My very short term suboxone detox
    rb3b3 is offline Member

Default My very short term suboxone detox

Hi all, im currently going through a very very short term detox using suboxone...i just feel there is no way near enough info on going this short term route anywhere on the net.So here we go.

(ps ROBERT325- Please dont bash me for going this route. you are my guru on this site and i know you should do it in 6 weeks!! i just cant do that)

on thursday feb17th 2011 at 9 pm- that was my last dose of oxycodone for the rest of my life.

i woke up the next morning at 8 am feeling very very very sick like i always do if i dont take my morning fix. i immediately took 2 mg of suboxone didnt make me feel any better, so then i did another 2 mg and was fine.... here is the rest of my short term detox---

day 1) 4 mg at 8 am, 4 mg @4pm
    total of 8 mgs

day 2) 2 mg at 8 am, .5 mg at 4 pm
    total of 2.5 mgs

day 3) 1 mg at 8 am, .5 mg at 4pm
    total of 1.5 mgs

day 4) 1 mg @ 7am none that night.
    total of 1 mg

day 5) all through the suboxone i would get some chills and hot flashes that passed me by, but they passed pretty quick.(5 days no oxycodone, 1 day no sub)

day 6) nothing yet so far, i feel really good, like about 80% of my normal self
    it has now been ( 6 days no oxycodone, 2 days no sub. 54 hours to be exact)

picablue is offline Member

Glad this is working, keep in mind the subs from the previous days are still in you system and things will get a little rough in the coming week perhaps.

Please post here often so we can know how you are doing.
    2fast likes this.

rb3b3 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by picablue View Post
    Glad this is working, keep in mind the subs from the previous days are still in you system and things will get a little rough in the coming week perhaps.

Please post here often so we can know how you are doing.
    yeah i already mapped it out on my spreadhseet, by thursday tomorrow morning at 8 am ill have less then.125 mg in me. ill post tomorrow on how i feel, thank you for the post.....

i also want to say that i have been drinking lots of water, been taking 1000 mg of l-tyrosine, gatorade, and been drinking 2 rtd 51(protein shake with 52 mg of protein in every can)

rb3b3 is offline Member

well its officially 3 full days since my last 1 mg dose of suboxone,and 7 days without a pain pill, i can say that although i get hot flashes mostly at night, they pass pretty quickly.... i find so far today that i am not that motivated mentally, but physically im doing good.once i get out of the house and go to work, the non motivation will be gone. only time will tell. if my calcuations are correct, i should have no bupe in my system, and if i do its very minimal amount less then .125 mg.

rb3b3 is offline Member

i know im talking to myself but thats ok lol, anyway i was right, this morning i had no motivation getting ready for work, but now that i been at work for 6 hours, im totally ok both physically and mentally!!!! still waiting for the w/ds to come on. its now been 80 hours off suboxone(approx 3.5 days) and 7 days off pain pills.

getnovrit is offline Member

That's great man!! I hope that what youre anxiously waiting on will not come. You may just have dodged a bullet. Keep up the good work and keep us posted. I'm dropping to .75 mg tomorrow and I'm curious what your day 5 and 6 without any sub will be like.

Getnovrit from MS
    michaelhadenough likes this.

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rb3b3 View Post
    i know im talking to myself but thats ok lol, anyway i was right, this morning i had no motivation getting ready for work, but now that i been at work for 6 hours, im totally ok both physically and mentally!!!! still waiting for the w/ds to come on. its now been 80 hours off suboxone(approx 3.5 days) and 7 days off pain pills.
    You didn't have enough bupe in your system to withdrawal from it. The worst would have been from the oxy and that's mostly over. You will still experience some lack of motivation/anxiety/depression depending on how active you are and your current mental state, but as far as the physical I just don't see any coming. Robert's plan is stretched out to allow your brain time to recover so it has a higher success rate when it comes to relapse. The mental part is the hard part which is why short term detoxes have a higher relapse rate, however if you are determined, you can do it. Best of luck!

rb3b3 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by yezdegerd View Post
    You didn't have enough bupe in your system to withdrawal from it. The worst would have been from the oxy and that's mostly over. You will still experience some lack of motivation/anxiety/depression depending on how active you are and your current mental state, but as far as the physical I just don't see any coming. Robert's plan is stretched out to allow your brain time to recover so it has a higher success rate when it comes to relapse. The mental part is the hard part which is why short term detoxes have a higher relapse rate, however if you are determined, you can do it. Best of luck!
    i totally understand what you mean about roberts plan, however for me, im sooo scared of suboxone even though there are millions of success stories with roberts plan.i think its an excellent plan, just not for me...where there is a will there is a way..i have two beautiful daughters to live for now, and that whole other world i will never step foot back into, my father has over 30 years in aa so he has a strong will so do i. thank you for checking up on me and thank you for the encouraging words!!i have to get back to the gym again immediately!! haha
    Hollister1 likes this.

rb3b3 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by getnovrit View Post
    That's great man!! I hope that what youre anxiously waiting on will not come. You may just have dodged a bullet. Keep up the good work and keep us posted. I'm dropping to .75 mg tomorrow and I'm curious what your day 5 and 6 without any sub will be like.

Getnovrit from MS
    i sure will keep you updated man, thank you for writing to me. if you dont mind me asking how long have you been on subs for? are you doing roberts plan?keep in mind i only did subs for exactly 4 days so i dont know if you will feel the same as me. ill keep you posted anyway. talk to you guys soon!!!

2 weeks I've been on them and going down as fast as I can/need to. I had pretty bad addiction to hydro/oxy for 5-6 years. It will be a little different for me at the end but overall the length of time I hope to be on them I still quite short compared to most others. I induced at a little less than 2mg. Keep in touch man.

Getnovrit from MS

rb3b3 is offline Member

2 weeks I've been on them and going down as fast as I can/need to. I had pretty bad addiction to hydro/oxy for 5-6 years. It will be a little different for me at the end but overall the length of time I hope to be on them I still quite short compared to most others. I induced at a little less than 2mg. Keep in touch man.

Getnovrit from MS
    oh wow ur doing awesome man!!! are you going to just jump? or are you going to skip days at the end with little tiny tiny slivers? that world of prescription pain pills is a dark dark world!!!! im never stepping foot in that world again, its not for me. but its great to meet you and i hope you get through as painlessly as possible man!!

Don't know but probably skip since I've stuck by Roberts plan and it's worked so far. Pain pill world is definitely dark and something I hope to never enter to again. It scares me having two small kids just knowing what they will be introduced to - scary!!!! Well I'm fixing to get the kids ready for bed so we'll talk tomorrow. Proud of ya man!!!

Getnovrit from MS

rb3b3 is offline Member

Don't know but probably skip since I've stuck by Roberts plan and it's worked so far. Pain pill world is definitely dark and something I hope to never enter to again. It scares me having two small kids just knowing what they will be introduced to - scary!!!! Well I'm fixing to get the kids ready for bed so we'll talk tomorrow. Proud of ya man!!!

Getnovrit from MS
    oh awesome man, im soo happy your going by roberts plan you should be totally fine then!!!!! i also have two kids, 6, and 2.....i cant wait until i can start to enjoy life with them drug free!!!!

just a side note, the days are continuing to just move by so fast!!! i can not believe tomorrow morning at 7 am is going to be 4 days off subs and more then a whole week off of opiates!!!! totally awesome, and so far this short term sub detox has worked just as i wanted it to....just hot flashes passs quick, cold flashes pass quick, and some headaches. thats it really!! unreal so far!!! i cant wait to wake up tomorrow to seee how i feel!!!

Mine are 7 and 5. I know exactly what you mean ready to enjoy life with our kids drug free. It's never really been that way for me and I often feel ashamed of that. BUT- now I'm doing something about it and can't wait till the day I am free!!! You're doing it, I'm doing it and we are gonna make it. Proud of ya man so keep it up.

Getnovrit from ms

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

rb, I think you did great. The only reason for taking longer with sub is to give the brain time to get used to no pain meds. If you are determined, as you seem to be, then your short term taper was a master plan !!!! I highly doubt you will feel anything worse than your feeling now. In fact, in your case 4 days was brilliant. Enough time to get through most of the pill w/d and not enough time to really get hooked on sub. Good for you.

rb3b3 is offline Member

Mine are 7 and 5. I know exactly what you mean ready to enjoy life with our kids drug free. It's never really been that way for me and I often feel ashamed of that. BUT- now I'm doing something about it and can't wait till the day I am free!!! You're doing it, I'm doing it and we are gonna make it. Proud of ya man so keep it up.

Getnovrit from ms
    wow, you and i are in the same exact boat then eh??? here is an update for you and everyone else who wants to see how im doing on my very short term route...

Officially 4 days off of subs- today i woke up at 6:59 am and i have much more motivation then when i woke up yesterday!!!!!!!! YESSSSSS!!!

also it wouldnt be fair if i didnt tell you guys that last night was my 3rd night in a row taking one half of a zanax to fall asleep. i soooooo hate the way they make me feel so i only maybe taken about 7 of them total in my entire life, and they were always used to help me sleep.

i also would like to report that all through this detox i find myself to be sneezing alot out of no where.....last night i had very very very little hot flashes if any at all. typically i always get them when im trying to fall asleep, however they didnt come last night.ok im going to start my day now ill post back while im at work a little later.

HOW YOU FEELIN GETNOVRIT?

rb3b3 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgal View Post
    rb, I think you did great. The only reason for taking longer with sub is to give the brain time to get used to no pain meds. If you are determined, as you seem to be, then your short term taper was a master plan !!!! I highly doubt you will feel anything worse than your feeling now. In fact, in your case 4 days was brilliant. Enough time to get through most of the pill w/d and not enough time to really get hooked on sub. Good for you.
    THANK YOU SOOOO much for checking in on me...i really appreciate that!!! yes i feel roberts 6 week plan is THE MASTER PLAN for anyone taking subs!! however for me my brain is soooooooooooooooooo scared of these things i wanted them in and out asap!!!!!!! wayyyyyyy to afraid of the horror stories of them. but hey thats just me. lol..thanks again for checking up on me

rb - im feeling fine but i didnt drop to .75 this morning. I kinda wish i would have now but no looking back now. Tomorrow morning(Satruday) i definitely will becasue I have a full day planned of old hobbies i used to do that should keep be occupied and feeling good. I'm ready to get this done so bad and it is so close. Have a good day friend and keep in touch.

Getnovrit from MS

rb3b3 is offline Member

rb - im feeling fine but i didnt drop to .75 this morning. I kinda wish i would have now but no looking back now. Tomorrow morning(Satruday) i definitely will becasue I have a full day planned of old hobbies i used to do that should keep be occupied and feeling good. I'm ready to get this done so bad and it is so close. Have a good day friend and keep in touch.

Getnovrit from MS
    just to let you know, the absolute hardest part so far in this short term detox was when i forst started the subs and the unknown of how i would be feeling or when the w/ds would start. i was soooo bottled up in my own mind i was making myself absolutely sick!!!!! i couldnt get it out of my mind!!! thank god i have a good job to go to to have gotten my mind out of my mind if you know what i mean!!!
    so if i can give you any advice what so ever it would be to not think about how your going to feel and just roll with the punches!!!i can assure you that when your done following roverts plan, it will NOT be like anything like quitting cold turkey!!! i can promise you that!! maybe the minor but tolerable w/d you will go through will last a little longer but i think your in a safe place followiong roberts plan!!!

ps--- i feel fin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! high on life man!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

keep up the good work and GET YOUR MIND OUT OF YOUR MIND!!

rb3b3 is offline Member

well everyone, today is the day i see why this short term detox in not advised!! thats why i cant stress enough to go roberts route!!!!! i can not tell you how bad the cravings to use are today!!!! its really bad!!!!! its all i have thought about in the last hour or 2 is just 1 pill!!!! however i know that just 1 little pill opens the door back to that dark dark dark world!!!! i have to be strong and i will be strong!!!!

anyway physically im absolutely fine and my motivation is good too!! lets see if i can sleep tonight!!! wow i cant believe how fast this process is going!!!!!

need some help, can someone tell me how long these strong cravings last?????/
    i know i will stil have cravings even 6 months down the line, but i heard they are no where near as strong as the first month!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN HERE PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT??
    Last edited by rb3b3; 02-25-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Hey Pal - Ive been there unfortunately and now I'm going down the sub route the right way and I STILL have some cravings while I am tapering. Strong Mind Control is all I can express to you right now. I caved in last year and I oh so regret it now. What I do know is getting out and doing things you enjoy makes a world of difference. Now that the weather is good down here in the South getting out in the sun and being active is great and keeps my mind off of the pills. Last weekend my wife and I rode horses with our two small kids and the thought of a pill did not even cross my mind. Hello!! Light on in the Brain!!! Get out and stay busy with things you enjoy every time you have a chance. I hope you are in a place where you might can do something like this.

Now, these strong cravings will pass. Kinda like a roller coaster - up and down. They are stong now but in an hour or two it is very possible that you wont even have any. Unfortunately the cravings will be around for a long time and for the rest of most of our lives they will pop up here and there. We are strong enough to overcome these man. Tell those cravings to go to Hell and do something you like.

Be Strong Friend,

Getnovrit from MS

rb3b3 is offline Member

Hey Pal - Ive been there unfortunately and now I'm going down the sub route the right way and I STILL have some cravings while I am tapering. Strong Mind Control is all I can express to you right now. I caved in last year and I oh so regret it now. What I do know is getting out and doing things you enjoy makes a world of difference. Now that the weather is good down here in the South getting out in the sun and being active is great and keeps my mind off of the pills. Last weekend my wife and I rode horses with our two small kids and the thought of a pill did not even cross my mind. Hello!! Light on in the Brain!!! Get out and stay busy with things you enjoy every time you have a chance. I hope you are in a place where you might can do something like this.

Now, these strong cravings will pass. Kinda like a roller coaster - up and down. They are stong now but in an hour or two it is very possible that you wont even have any. Unfortunately the cravings will be around for a long time and for the rest of most of our lives they will pop up here and there. We are strong enough to overcome these man. Tell those cravings to go to Hell and do something you like.

Be Strong Friend,

Getnovrit from MS
    thank you for the support!!! thank you alot, see that is one of the problems right now, its raining and freezing outside right now 40 degrees and pouring!! oh how i wish it was nice out so i could go for a run!!!! i wish sooo bad i could do that!!! the cravings left my mind but boy oh boy were they strong!!!i know this whole roller coaster game, my mind tells me oh one wont hurt.....hahahahahaha yeah right my friend!!!

im going to just relax and have 1 glass of wine!! im no alcohol drinker at all but when i was working out hardcore i used to have 1 glass of red wine a night because 1 glass is good for ya. so a glass of san gria it is
    Last edited by rb3b3; 02-25-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Staying occupied and active is SO important. Excercise of any kind is very important too. It seems to get the natural endorphins flowing again, the ones we substitute with artificial ones while on opiates. Another thing you might consider is some kind of therapy or group thing, such as NA. When I was an active >>>>>> addict, "just this one time" often lasted for months or longer. Like the commercial says, we can never "just have one". As for cravings, unfortunately, once we learn the secret of how opiates make us feel, it's always lurking but it absolutely lessens with time.

rb3b3 is offline Member

Staying occupied and active is SO important. Excercise of any kind is very important too. It seems to get the natural endorphins flowing again, the ones we substitute with artificial ones while on opiates. Another thing you might consider is some kind of therapy or group thing, such as NA. When I was an active >>>>>> addict, "just this one time" often lasted for months or longer. Like the commercial says, we can never "just have one". As for cravings, unfortunately, once we learn the secret of how opiates make us feel, it's always lurking but it absolutely lessens with time.
    thank you sooooo very much for the support i sooooooooo appreciate it!!!!tonight i did 100 jumping jacks, and 20 pushups lol, gotta start back somewhere right? i actually been doing jumping jacks through this whole process and dont laugh hahaha i have to build myself back up haha!!! so new york gal, i see you posting alot on here, if you dont mind me asking whats your story?i too am from neww yawwwk lol....

tonight i feel absolutey great, watching the knicks and melo melo meloooooo im coming homeeeeeeeeeee ok sorry just excited for ny basketball again... lets see if i can sleep tonight, physically and mentally great!!!! i think tomorrow at 7 am will be officially 5 full days of off subs and totally clean with the exception of the xanax for the last 3 nights urghh i cant wait until i can sleep on my own!!!!!! oh yeah and these sneeze attacks whats up with them?????????? i like to think its my body getting rid of the garbage.maybe im wrong.who knows. getnovr it how you ding man?
    Last edited by rb3b3; 02-25-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Hiya rb3.... Glad to meet another new yawka lol...My husband spends much of his time watching the Knicks, then the Yankees, then the Giants!! I love the Yankees, I can deal with basketball. Football I don't get and can't stand. Oh, and when he's not watching those teams, he's watching boxing. Lucky I have a tv in this room with my computer lol....Where in New York are you from? I'm in Floral Park, in Queens right near the Nassau County border.

Anyway, my story is a little different. I can give good advice - at least I hope so - but taking it is another story... I am 61 years old. I was a >>>>>> addict back in the '60's and '70's. I then got on a methadone program. It saved my life but the catch was I stayed and stayed and stayed until more than 30 years had gone by. Two years ago I heard about sub and foolishly thought I would get on and get off... After 33 years on methadone and 10 years before that on >>>>>>, I soon realized it wasn't going to be that easy for me. I've been on sub for about 2 years. I started at a crazy high dose of 16 mgs like most everyone. I have tapered down to approximately .5, sometimes .33. I am not accurate and just take a piece of a 2 mg. pill I break into little pieces once a day. I truly hate it because I fear needed true pain meds and having difficulty because of my 2 years on sub. I am not in the best of health. The fear of w/d is too much for me to deal with. BUT I still encourage everyone to taper, to do a c/t, to do whatever they have to to get clean. Having said that, I also totally believe in maintenance drugs for some. There are chronic relapsers or heavy duty addicts like me who need it. The first and best option is to get clean.The second best option is for a person to do what they have to to not be chasing a high.

rb3b3 is offline Member

Hiya rb3.... Glad to meet another new yawka lol...My husband spends much of his time watching the Knicks, then the Yankees, then the Giants!! I love the Yankees, I can deal with basketball. Football I don't get and can't stand. Oh, and when he's not watching those teams, he's watching boxing. Lucky I have a tv in this room with my computer lol....Where in New York are you from? I'm in Floral Park, in Queens right near the Nassau County border.

Anyway, my story is a little different. I can give good advice - at least I hope so - but taking it is another story... I am 61 years old. I was a >>>>>> addict back in the '60's and '70's. I then got on a methadone program. It saved my life but the catch was I stayed and stayed and stayed until more than 30 years had gone by. Two years ago I heard about sub and foolishly thought I would get on and get off... After 33 years on methadone and 10 years before that on >>>>>>, I soon realized it wasn't going to be that easy for me. I've been on sub for about 2 years. I started at a crazy high dose of 16 mgs like most everyone. I have tapered down to approximately .5, sometimes .33. I am not accurate and just take a piece of a 2 mg. pill I break into little pieces once a day. I truly hate it because I fear needed true pain meds and having difficulty because of my 2 years on sub. I am not in the best of health. The fear of w/d is too much for me to deal with. BUT I still encourage everyone to taper, to do a c/t, to do whatever they have to to get clean. Having said that, I also totally believe in maintenance drugs for some. There are chronic relapsers or heavy duty addicts like me who need it. The first and best option is to get clean.The second best option is for a person to do what they have to to not be chasing a high.
    thank you for your sotry and i can wish you nothing but the very best in life!!! thank you for checking up on me!!! i sooo really appreciate it.

rb3b3 is offline Member

ok everyone here is another update.... it has now been offically 5 days since i havent taken a suboxone, and 9 days since last pain pill.....

i had my fingers crossed that last night i would be able to sleep on my own without any help from anything....well crossing my fingers i guess wasnt enough, i went to bed at 10 pm only to find myself not being able to finally fall asleep.... i was comffy no restless leg, but just couldnt fall asleep....so i went downstairs and guzzled some wine, went back to try to sleep, didnt work, i went downstairs to the bathroom just me myself and i, it didnt work, i went into my garage and had 4 bong hits(yuckkkk i hate weed, but thats just me, i hate the way it makes me feel but it does usally make me tired and fall asleep the handful of times i tried it) it didnt work....so what was i left to do? yup another zanax!!! thats 4 xanax in row, tuesday wednesday, thursday and friday!!!!! i DO NOT WANT TO TAKE THEM ANYMORE, LAST NIGHT WAS THE LAST NIGHT. if i cant fall asleeep on my own tonight, it will be a valium, and i hope that works. we will see....also my sub dr gave me clonazapam?? or something like that.... can anyone tell me what the hell they are used for? he gave me 10 of them in case i couldnt sleep, but i have yet to touch one because i know nothing about them...

ok im still feeling good mentally and physically, i heard the sleep comes back once i start taking normal dumps...dont wanna sound gross but that is what i heard. its going to be hard today with no work and being home.i have to keep myself busy in the annoying freezing weather. ok everyone ill check back later.
    Last edited by rb3b3; 02-26-2011 at 07:24 AM.

rb3b3 is offline Member

getnoverit, you make the drop today?? how u feelin man?

rb3b3 is offline Member

ya know one thing i have to mention that i feel is very important...... it is such a WONDERFUL feeling to wake up in the morning feeling good, and not real bad until i HAVE to pop 4-5 percocets to make me feel just normal and get my day started!!! god i remember waking up every morning feeling like such garbage until i got my morning fix!!! waking up now and feeling fine without being controlled by something is just such a wonderful wonderful feeling in itself!!!! what the hell was i thinking for the last two years???????????????
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-26-2011 at 12:41 PM.

rb3b3 is offline Member

and another thing, yeah im on a roll today lol..... why do we put ourselfs through the torture???? i mean for me it was getting my scripts them last about a week and a half, then buying off the street for the next week, and the following week until i got my scripts again, and the times in between where i couldnt buy off the streets, w/ds, and i put myself through this for sooo soo sooooo long... whyyyyyy?????????? just to have a good week and a half? then have the money run out to cop on the street?? i would much much much rather remain normal without those tremendous ups and downs. it is sooooooo much better to just sail without worrying about watching the bottle dwindle and dwindle and dwindle in no time, only to count how many i have left which always happened to be in the 30s which was 1 or 2 days max, then the fear of copping, then the fear of w/ds, and so on and so on and so on.....waking up every single morning feeling soooo horrible until i popped. i know ill be sooooo much happier SAILING without these worries any more!!!

heres to another day of being clean!!!! yesssssssssssssssss!!!

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast