Results 1 to 13 of 13
My husband cocaine addiction..............
  1. #1
    Floridian is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    7

    Default My husband cocaine addiction..............

    My husband has had this addiction for more than 7 years, now he's mixing alcohol with it. Now, I have health problem and a lot of anxiety but don't take medicine for it, even though I had a prescription. I feel stressed because of my husbands problem, keep getting worse. I have a question, my husband has been doing cocaine for more than 7 years, I know it affects his health, he's over his 40's now, what other health problems will he have?

  2. #2
    mpvt is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    After 7 years he probably suffers from some form of phsycosis for sure.Cocaine is very hard on the heart and alot of addicts die from heart attacks.He needs medical intervention if he wants any kind of help.If he doesn't then you would be wise to get out and let this guy destroy his life,why should he take you down with him.Your already suffering from it now.Get out while the gettin is good because no matter how much you ask him to stop he won't until he's ready and that may be never.Good luck and start looking out for yourself.....Dave

  3. #3
    sundown787 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    20

    Default

    The best thing you can do is to take care of your self. You cannot help him if you are not. And Dave is right. I am suprised you have put up with the drug use this long, I hope there are no kids involved. You really need to take your meds for anxiety.
    It will make your life better, and you will really be able to look at the situation and decide what you need to do. Good luck

    Sundown787

  4. #4
    Dragonkittys is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Just a thought.
    Keep asprin around... In case of a heart attack taking one can help. But use for 7 yrs. has most definetly caused damage. If your not well you can't help him. If he doesn't want to stop he isn't going to. My dad has taken hard drugs since Vietnam (cocaine included), and he is 55 yrs. old. He was 19 when he joined the military, and has used ever since. It has taken a toll on him and the family. You can't help him to death. Maybe getting out is a good idea, but if your like me you can't. But you really need to think about yourself and any kids that may be involved. He won't stop unless he wants to no matter how much you love him. Drug addiction is a horrible disease. And you never get over it, you suffer even after you quit taking the drug of choice. And there can be triggers(things that remind him, events that remind him etc.) so it is a on going thing. But it can be done. I hope this helps. I'm sorry for your pain.


    Love is a gift
    No matter how it is wrapped, It is always special to have :-)

  5. #5
    Floridian is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    7

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by sundown787

    The best thing you can do is to take care of your self. You cannot help him if you are not. And Dave is right. I am suprised you have put up with the drug use this long, I hope there are no kids involved. You really need to take your meds for anxiety.
    It will make your life better, and you will really be able to look at the situation and decide what you need to do. Good luck

    Sundown787

  6. #6
    Noangel is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Your husband can have heart problems i am sure. Also depression and anxiety are probably going to be a part of it. You need to help your husband in and way you can, help him get off of it....IF he will take your help. Any person would have stress like you because of what your husband is doing. NOTHING Will get better with you (stress wise) and his health will fail if he doesnt stop. Your realtionship is probably not even a realationshoip anymore, does it feel like that? Be stong, and If he doest want to stop then it might be better for you to talk to someone, get help for yourself or makebeget out. It might help you a huge deal if you took your medicane. Do you have children?

  7. #7
    experson is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    5

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by Noangel

    Your husband can have heart problems i am sure. Also depression and anxiety are probably going to be a part of it. You need to help your husband in and way you can, help him get off of it....IF he will take your help. Any person would have stress like you because of what your husband is doing. NOTHING Will get better with you (stress wise) and his health will fail if he doesnt stop. Your realtionship is probably not even a realationshoip anymore, does it feel like that? Be stong, and If he doest want to stop then it might be better for you to talk to someone, get help for yourself or makebeget out. It might help you a huge deal if you took your medicane. Do you have children?
    I TOTALLY DISAGREE! If you love your spouse, fight for him. I've been with my wife since we were 12 years old. I would jump off a bridge for her. You need to help your spouse! Your spouse has a weakness, an addiction. It's not a reflection on his feelings for you. I know, first hand. You swore a vow at marriage. If you truly love your husband, you need to help him climb out of his hole! He can't do it without your strength, resolve, and your help.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    197

    Default

    When you mix cocaine with alcohol, it creates a new chemical called cocaethylene, which increases the risk for sudden heart failure quite a bit. I always warn against the mixing of alcohol with other drugs. Too many people I have known and famous people even have died from the deadly combinations of alcohol and central nervous system depressants, but when alcohol is mixed with a CNS stimulant like cocaine, it creates what is known as antagonistic synergism, meaning the cocaine increases your heart rate while the alcohol decreases it at the same time. Quite literally, your heart will not know what to do. I wish my uncle had known that, he died three weeks ago from it.

    Jesus Christ will help you through. -Betsy

  9. #9
    rebelwithoutacause is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    8

    Default

    not a damn thing will happen to him
    I've done crack cocaine all my life,proud to be a addict
    its the best thing that ever happen to me
    if it wouldn't have been for crack I wouldn't be a songwriter now
    I mean my hit single"I Smoke Crack(Proud Of It"is what made me a millionaire
    moved 500,000000 units all underground

    www.soundclick.com/rebelwithoutacause to hear the song

    This is Ol'Barney Rebel...The Rebel Without A Cause/If U Don't Like What I Got To Say You Can Kiss My Balls!!!!

    Yeah I May Still Be Junkie/May Smoke Out The Glass Pipe...That's Just Me Stuck In The 80's Still Livin That Fast Life

    Yup I Smoke Tha Crack If U Wanna Know Why My Flow So Dope/But That's Tha Same Reason Why I'm Soooo ****in Broke!

    Parts From My Album"Rebel Without A Cause"...Kid Rock Ain't Got **** On This Junkie!

    YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE ME BUT RESPECT WHATS ON MY MINE MOTHA****ERRR

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Hmmm... is it just me, or was that remark maybe a little tiny bit socially inappropriate, directly after my mentioning of how my uncle just passed away from the exact combination? Maybe the birth control just makes me oversensitive.

    God bless you, Floridian. I'm in a similar position.

    Jesus Christ will help you through. -Betsy

  11. #11
    Grizzly is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    35

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by rebelwithoutacause

    not a damn thing will happen to him
    I've done crack cocaine all my life,proud to be a addict
    its the best thing that ever happen to me
    if it wouldn't have been for crack I wouldn't be a songwriter now
    I mean my hit single"I Smoke Crack(Proud Of It"is what made me a millionaire
    moved 500,000000 units all underground

    www.soundclick.com/rebelwithoutacause to hear the song

    This is Ol'Barney Rebel...The Rebel Without A Cause/If U Don't Like What I Got To Say You Can Kiss My Balls!!!!

    Yeah I May Still Be Junkie/May Smoke Out The Glass Pipe...That's Just Me Stuck In The 80's Still Livin That Fast Life

    Yup I Smoke Tha Crack If U Wanna Know Why My Flow So Dope/But That's Tha Same Reason Why I'm Soooo ****in Broke!

    Parts From My Album"Rebel Without A Cause"...Kid Rock Ain't Got **** On This Junkie!

    YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE ME BUT RESPECT WHATS ON MY MINE MOTHA****ERRR
    That was just uncalled for and your music is
    horrid I have herd better music in elevators.

    Ok back on topic, I agree you cannot force
    him to change unless he wants to do it for
    himself. Give him the choice of the drug or
    you and see which one he chooses.

  12. #12
    ohbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I want to see how others acted while using cocaine and alcohol. My husband is an alcoholic and I know has been using over 5 yrs. I have asked several times for him to quit. He is 42 yrs old. Not being a user, I am dumb. He tells me that we are having marriage troubles because of his depression or he once blamed it on me saying that I had premenapause. (I am 43). He stays up all night looking at porn on the internet, he does not eat, he is real quit and sometimes talks so much noone else can. Blood comes out of his nose when he blows, he says this is sinus trouble. He throws up everday. Recently his eyes get so blood shot they look bloody. He says this is allergies. There are days he stays in bed. He has no ambition. He does not even have a job. Of course I blame everything on the drug, because I hate that he uses. When I bring up anything about it we have a huge fight.
    I guess what I am asking is what have you all experienced with the user?

  13. #13
    jfnj79 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    [deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 11-08-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22