methadone and a urine test
    doc.rose is offline Advanced Member

Default methadone and a urine test

If someone had a 4 year methadone habit, and they detoxed and haven"t had any for almost 19 days, would it still show in a urine sample?? Please I need to know the answer asap! I think I am being manipulated by a family member.

HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by doc.rose View Post
    If someone had a 4 year methadone habit and they detoxed and haven’t had any for almost 19 days, would it still show in a urine sample?? Please I need to know the answer asap! I think I am being manipulated by a family member.
    Hi doc.rose,
    I am just getting back onto this forum after a few months away. According to Wikipedia it says the half life of Methadone can be up to 130 hours. Other sites I checked out in general range from as little as 4 hours up to the average of a listed 60 hours of half life so I would say that 120 hours total or after 5 days it should be pretty much out of the system. There may be trace elements though as I know those tests are pretty sensitive as one of the things some of our employees needs to do is random drug testing. 19 days is 456 hours and I seriously don't think Methadone will stay in someone’s system that long.
    Anyone out there with Methadone experience can comment on this?

With a chemical test there may be other variances in certain chemicals produced by the body which may be affected by Methadone but I really am not familiar with this product so if anyone else out there can comment it would be appreciated as I am curious myself now also.

Henry

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Hiya Rosie.. Methadone should not be in your system more than 7 days. As Henry said, there are trace elements that might stick around longer, but most urine tests aren't that sensitive. I looked it up too and got alot of answers saying 1-7 days, one answer saying 3-5 but nothing about almost 3 weeks. So your leg might be being pulled.
    (I emailed you awhile ago. You didn't respond - Are you mad at me?)
    B

Hello Doc Rose,

As you well know if anyone knows about Methadone "B" or NYG would be the one to give you the right info. I was poking around a bit more last night on the web checking this matter out and it is very interesting yet confusing that there is such a wide variance of opinions out there. Even among medical professionals but the general consensus is as NYG said it would appear someone is pulling your leg.
    I am going to poke around a little bit more and if I can find anything concrete I will let you know for sure.

Henry

Hiya Henry,
    I don't think you will ever find a set time period for methadone to remain in your system. There are too many variables. Dose of meth, frequency of use, metabolism,etc. Some use it recreationally, some use it every day for years. That's why every site I went to varied it from between 1-7 days. In my opinion it could probably even stay in your system a bit more than 7 days because the half life is so freaking long and if you are a regular user (like on a program), it stays around inside your body and w/d's don't even begin for several days... But 19 days????? Nope. Sorry doc.
    (Rosie, answer my question please or email me).

Anonymous Guest

i just rang up my drug clinic and asked this question,

they reckon 4 to 5 days, but depends on dosing, and how long theyve been on it.

so definately not 19 thats for sure,

and i guess that fits in with when i cold turkeyed off methadone in 01, it was 5 days later i thought i was over the worst, and really the party was just starting,

laterZ ow

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    i just rang up my drug clinic and asked this question,

they reckon 4 to 5 days, but depends on dosing, and how long theyve been on it.

so definately not 19 thats for sure,

and i guess that fits in with when i cold turkeyed off methadone in 01, it was 5 days later i thought i was over the worst, and really the party was just starting,

laterZ ow
    Thanks Kiwi!

Seems overall now from many various sources the over all concensus is aprox 7 days give or take but 19? Not!!!

What a team!!! Nice that others like to jump in and help find information.

Everyone have a great day and fantastic weekend!

Henry

doc.rose is offline Advanced Member

Thanks Cheeky, NYGal and Henry for answering my question. I didn't think it would be in someone's system for that long but I had to ask just in case.
    NYGal , I am not mad at you, however I stopped emailing you a while ago because you stopped replying completely to my emails, so I figured I would give you your space since I know you had a lot on your plate. I will email you soon, just give me some time I have a lot going on right now with my brother. I miss the connection you and I had. And I really miss the connection that me you and Cheeky shared. I have always been here NYGal, and always will be. So lets start connecting again, ok?? Love ya!!

I shouldn't use a thread to post a personal message but lucky for me, it's YOUR thread, Rosie, so I can .... Your message made me happy. I know I pulled back because I got really unhappy when I realized or felt like I was in a trap. It was wrong to pull back from someone so caring and good. I'm in Va. with my plate REALLY full babysitting a bratty teen while Greg is out on the USS Enterprise. One more week and back home to NY!!!.... When I get back to NY, we will get back to our old ways..... Okay? Love you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry your brother is giving your grief once again. We will talk. I look forward to an email, whenever it comes.

jacknitro44 is offline New Member

Default methadone still in my urine after 16 days after detox

I got out of detox over two weeks ago, and my last dose of methadone was on the 23rd of October. It is now November 9th and I still have methadone showing up in my urine. I havent taken anything other than klonopin since ive been home and that is no longer showing up in my urine but the methadone is. I was on oxycontin, methadone and suboxone for about five years and before I went to detox I was taking methadone. I am a big guy, 5'11 225lbs. so they say that is why it might still be in my system. I am still feeling bad and cant sleep, but each day is a bit easier. Good luck, if anyone else has this issue please let me know. I feel like a freak b/c the Drs. at the outpatient I go to do not know why the methadone is still showing up. Ive been clean and really good but having that poison garbage methadone still in my system makes me angry. Good luck to all.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 11-09-2010 at 12:33 PM.