this methadone is a mother
    jmp81 is offline New Member

Default this methadone is a mother

Hello out there. So here I am again, trying to kick methadone. Honestly, I've talked about quiting for some time now. I actually had quit about 2 years ago, had no choice, incarcerated. I really think thats the best way for me to quit.
    But since I'm not going that route again I'm really looking at suboxone. Never taken suboxone. Right now I'm taking 20 to 30mg of methadone a day. I can take as little as 15 and still manage, but it's like I just need that buzz. Now I've heard people say methadone does not give them a buzz, but for me it's the best buzz. I'd rather do methadone than any other drug out there.
    It's killing my cash flow though. Not to mention I just want to be able to go to work and not have to take my pills first. But whats the point of suboxone when I hear of people getting addicted to it just like methadone. Any comments are welcome.

babidolli22 is offline Junior Member

Hello. I'm on methadone for 18 months now but I take 100mgs a day which is actually down 20 mgs since last month but anyways all I know is that if your getting a buzz from it then you haven't been on it very long which is a good thing cause of the half life it has but eithor way it's a hard drug to get off of and you really need support ,tools,and someplace comfortable and safe to ride it out. Best of luck to you.
    Deb

Nataliie is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmp81 View Post
    Hello out there. So here I am again, trying to kick methadone. Honestly, I've talked about quiting for some time now. I actually had quit about 2 years ago, had no choice, incarcerated. I really think thats the best way for me to quit.
    But since I'm not going that route again I'm really looking at suboxone. Never taken suboxone. Right now I'm taking 20 to 30mg of methadone a day. I can take as little as 15 and still manage, but it's like I just need that buzz. Now I've heard people say methadone does not give them a buzz, but for me it's the best buzz. I'd rather do methadone than any other drug out there.
    It's killing my cash flow though. Not to mention I just want to be able to go to work and not have to take my pills first. But whats the point of suboxone when I hear of people getting addicted to it just like methadone. Any comments are welcome.
    mate i no its hard my feller is on 85 mgs and his bro is on 25 just keeps at it and go down but slowly try like 2 ml a week and u may find u can get off it