Methadone Clinic and Drug Testing
    Normankay is offline Member

Default Methadone Clinic and Drug Testing

Now this is kind of a wierd question, but I really need some advice kinda asap if possible. I recently did some oxycontin while I was in a methadone clinic program. Now that is bad enough as it is, but I went on my first and hopefully only binge for a while now, but kinda worried of consequences of a little partying I shouldn't have done. Now I have semi random drug tests, I don't know how far they are spread apart, but they seam to be about once a month almost every thirty days. I have been taking fake pee in with me to give if they test me, but just realised that the pee I have been taking with me doesnt have methadone in it for when it is tested. I have just started to be able to have takehomes, for a 7-10 at a time, but was wondering if anyone knew what the clinic tests for. I was figuring since it is a methadone clinic, they probably test for methadone. I was also wondering if I could somehow spike the fake pee with methadone somehow. I have read that oxy can stay in system for up to 4 days or less, but I am not 100 percent sure on that either. I have also read that my urine that I have saved in the fridge is pretty pointless as well. It has clean, methadone only urine in it. Now I know methadone clinics aren't about beating the system, and I don't want to take oxys anymore and probably won't, but I also can't really afford to have my take home priveleges taken away either. If anyone could help, I would be more than appreciated. I think I may have to take a drug test tomorrow when I go in to get take homes. I had to go to talk with doctor today, and do the group and thought I would have to take a urine test today, got lucky in a sense and didn't. Somebody please help if you can.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Why don't you straiten up and go with the program.It's people like you that give methadone the unfair stigma.....Dave

Normankay is offline Member

Dave you were the one that suggested to use the oxys when I couldnt get to the methadone clinic on time, I ended up finding some methadone in mexico at 15 a 40mg for my trip through a lead online. Luckily for me they were real and ended up using them for my vacation. Remember? I asked some questions previously about not being around a clinic and wanting to know where methadone clinics are. Oh yeah and nobody is perfect, atleast I told the truth here with my original post, I doubt everyone here is truthful. Reguardless, don't say I do when probably more than 75 percent of methadone clinic bounces back and forth. I tried quitting methadone for 5 days and my body went into a shock like state that I have never had coming down off any opiate. I don't want to be on methadone maintenance for the rest of my life. Seams like another good percent are benzo/methadone mixing and crutching that way instead. I have only done it once and thinking of going back on oc's to quit methadone reguardless. I don't care what you say methadone is harder and physically harder on your body to quit. Like some people here I am really highly educated, and through more reading than just from this site, methadone is more a crutch for those too affraid to come down. I was one of them, but now I am plugged in to methadone, its not that great of an option. The clinics hand out methadone like candy to whoever has a problem in California. I was sick of seeing ************************* ass people that were in there cause they were affraid to quit tramadol or vicodin. Reguardless, you gave me the advice at first to take the OCs and now you are bad mouthing what I ask. Maybe you shouldnt have posted, I was looking for someone with experience in the area I asked, not some smart ass coment from a methadone patient that cant quit himself like you....Chris.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I agree with you that methadone is an extremely powerful opioid and that there are clinics especial in the USA that don't really have an agenda to bring theeir patients down and eventually off methadone.
    Methadone maintenance was originally used for herion addiction.It is also the gold standard for chronic addiction of the strongest opioids.It is not very successful with patients with only a couple years of addiction or even a long term addiction to the weaker opioids like hydrocodone.This is were buprenorphene comes in and it works quite well.
    If you are wanting to quit methadone then you have to do it very slowly or you will have the withdrawls that you experienced last time.
    I started out at 400mgs a day and stayed there for 3 years.I'm now down to 240mgs as of this coming thursday.It has taken me 2 years to come down 160mgs and I still feel fine.I don't know if I will be able to come right off methadone but that isn't really my goal right now.I just knew it was time to come down because I knew that my receptors had enough time to revert back to their normal state.
    My problem was I never produced enough endorphins to release the proper amount of dopamine and in turn I grew up in depression.I doubt that has changed meaning I may have to stay on a low dose of methadone for the rest of my life but thats ok.I am fine with that.As long as I never go back to feeling the way I did for the first 18 years of my life.

So if your going to stop your methadone then the general rule of thumb is no more then a 10% drop every month.Once you get down to were you start to feel lousy then stop the reduction and wait for your receptors to catch up.
    If you do this right then it can be done.I have witnessed it although not to many times but I do know for sure of 3 people that I know who no longer take any opioids.
    So I'm sorry if I upset you before as that wasn't my intention,I make mistakes just like everyone else.So hang in there and give it the time that it requires.
    Remeber that methadone makes other opioids like oxycodone and hydrocodone look like tylenol so give it the time it needs to get out of your system.Good luck.....Dave