methadone
    amberolie is offline New Member

Default methadone

does methadone have codeine in it at all if you took two methadose ten pills a day and then never again would you go through methadone withdrawal

Day
    Day is offline Junior Member

Methadone contains: Active: METHADONE HYDROCHLORIDE, Inactive: Tablets contain magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and starch (com), Chemically, methadone hydrochloride is 3-Heptan-One, 6-(dimethylamino-4,4-diphenyl-, hydrochloride.

Methadone hydrochloride acts as a narcotic analgesic.

It is an opiate, and is addicting. If you are already addicted to narcotics you will still have withdraw. Its like other narcotics but not as intense and can last 24hrs. Methadone attaches to your brains natural pain receptors (endorphins) and blocks thier transmission. Hope this helps.
    ---DAY

Stallion is offline Senior Member

well...first off no, methadone does not contain codiene, it is not derived from codiene as far as I know, nor does it metabolise into codiene.

Your second question would depend on how many days you were on the described 20mg regimine. One or two days, you may not feel WD symptoms (unless you are particularly sensitive). but longer than a week and I would guess you would experience WD's as any methadone user would. Methadone is a very log-lasting opiate, so when you WD from it, it is much more severe than wd's from >>>>>> or morphine. The WD's are also longer lived, lasting in the neighborhood of 1-2 months depending on your habit. I wouldn't suggest quitting methadone cold turky if you can help it, but then again I'm not a doc or a recovering addict, so what do I know?

Information = Freedom

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Methadone does not have codeine in it at all.Methadone is second only to >>>>>> in strenght and it should be taken with a doctors approval.Codeine is a short acting narcotic wereas methadone is a long acting narcotic so what happens is someone takes a 10 mg methadone and waits for an hour or 2 and doesn't feel it so he takes another one,12 hrs later he's in emergency with a methadone overdose.If you took it only once then your chances of getting hooked are very small.....Be careful....Dave