Medication for confidence
    abrt is offline New Member

Arrow Medication for confidence

Is there anything I can pick up that will help me when I'm nervous? Like if I have an interview I can take a pill a bit before and I'm golden?

I've heard of xanax, but I believe I need a prescription for it.

Please don't lecture me on how I shouldn't take medication for this. I'm trying to gain confidence on my own without medication, but this will take some time and I really need help now.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-23-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Abrt
    I don't think there is anything that you can take over the counter, but have you ever tried listening to a motivation; speaker like Anthony Robbins he will get you pumped up and feeling great...look him up on the net..you will love it..it really helped me when I was tapering off drugs..I felt like I could do anything..
    talk to you soon, Melinda

D4Ta is offline Member

Hi there. I dont think there is something you can get without a script.
    valum and the like are hard to come by.
    you could try this tho.
    try refraining from stimulants like those energy drinks, coffee etc before you go for an interview etc, as they in themselves tend to make us "jittery" get lots of rest the night beofre, so that you are or at least "appear" alert on your own.
    maybe try doing a mock interview with a friend, just to linna get the "feel" of it.
    good luck! and keep posting here and let us know how it goes okay>?)
    D~

abrt is offline New Member

Well I'm not particularly nervous about an interview, that was just an example. However I might get an interview or two in the next few months and I'll let you know how I do!

Does anyone know if xanax does work?

Also, where could I get valium?

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by abrt View Post
    Well I'm not particularly nervous about an interview, that was just an example. However I might get an interview or two in the next few months and I'll let you know how I do!

Does anyone know if xanax does work?

Also, where could I get valium?
    Both are prescription medications, and depending on what state you live in can be very hard to get. They are anxiety medications so if you are having anxiety problems then you might possibly get them, however they usually start you on other things such as mild anti depressants, ativan, clonopin ect before giving any valium or xanax. It sounds like maybe you have social anxiety? If so xanax will be the last thing they give you. It's meant to help with panic attacks

AmIanAddict is offline Member

Xanax and Valium are not medications "for confidence." Using them that way is a recipe for addiction IMO.