Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By grip
  • 2 Post By Denny_D
This may sound silly...
    DaveH77 is offline Junior Member

Default This may sound silly...

has anyone noticed a strong odor from their urine. I've always wondered if it were the side effect of subs or anything else. Just curious.

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH77 View Post
    has anyone noticed a strong odor from their urine. I've always wondered if it were the side effect of subs or anything else. Just curious.
    Dave ..... been gone all day. So sorry for not being here for you. Just starting to catch up reading the posts.

I used to really have a foul odor from the urine due to the Subs. Not sure exactly why, but it was there. I'm getting ready to read your other posts from today right now so I'll be right back. God Bless....Denny

grip is offline Member

probably is just your sense of smell realigning in the brain.. during my last detox certain odors were off and intense to the point of nausea.. of course your kidneys are toxin filters for the blood and certain foods high in purine like asparagus can put out a strong smell...
    primetimegrape likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    Dave ..... been gone all day. So sorry for not being here for you. Just starting to catch up reading the posts.

I used to really have a foul odor from the urine due to the Subs. Not sure exactly why, but it was there. I'm getting ready to read your other posts from today right now so I'll be right back. God Bless....Denny
    Dave .... just wondering how come you started 2 new threads? No problem, just wondering. It is easier to keep everything in one post if possible.... God Bless....Denny

Just was trying to keep from clogging up my taper thread with other things. This particular question has been bothering me ever since I started subs. There really is no reason.

Just was trying to keep from clogging up my taper thread with other things. This particular question has been bothering me ever since I started subs. There really is no reason.
    No problem Dave. Grip gave a pretty good answer to your question. I know if I were drinking a cup of coffee for example, my urine would smell of it everytime. So I'm not positive if it's the Sub or not.

I know the sneezing really comes into play when getting clean. So I wouldn't be surprised if it really was the brain trying to realign your sense of smell as grip suggests. Hope this helps. God Bless.....Denny
    grip and primetimegrape like this.

freedom11 is offline Advanced Member

hi Dave - I don't notice the smell now but it always smelled strong when I was on >>>>>> and methadone. That's my experience anyway. Also I, and I think many others, don't drink nearly enough when on those drugs. Maximus posted lots of medical info on my thread and I remember something in it about subs having a diuretic. He's also posted lots of herbal stuff which answers the questions both you and I were asking about what might help with wd symptons. Also look at his thread cos I think he wonders if long term sub use may have contributed to a stone around his uretha - like a kidney stone. Hope you're doing OK today. Love Jay xx

Hey Jay xx- feeling better this afternoon. I'm up to my max for the day(3mg). I'm gonna check out those other posts. Thanks for the concern. Hope you are doing well.

Dave

Not silly at all. Could be the subs. I have heard those do that, but also remember u are detoxing and your kidneys and liver are getting rid of all kinds of toxins so your urine could stink because of that. Hard to say, but I would not be overly concerned about it. Just drink lots of water, not more than 8 glasses a day, but that is standard and that should at least help out with dark urine color or odor to an extent. Best of luck to u and God Bless.