Luv the Vic....help
    Mrs.Vic2many is offline Member

Unhappy Luv the Vic....help

Hi everyone.
    So I wrote on here a long time ago.At the time I was only taking 1 pill a day then.I have been taking vicodine500's 750's/Norco's 1000milg/percocet(what ever pain killer I can get my hands on that has codiene in it.)....I have been taking for almost 7 years off and on.Just recently the past 3 months I am getting to 3-7 pills a day. .I used to promise myself I would only take them after 5pm.But then slowly it became 4:00 then 3:00 then when ever I felt aches.I stand all day for my job.And do have some back aches every day.I could probably just deal but why deal when I have the wonderful vicodin that takes it away so I can continue my work day happily and sleep like a baby....right..?wrong....
    I was feeling really depressed about this problem and probably being depressed from the meds.So I went to my doc and got on Lexepro to help my anxiety and saddness.But I was still taking the vic's.Now I just ran out.Its been 2 days.Is it safe to detox at home?.I am very restless at night,with aches and back pain all day..I want to stop all together.I know now is the time because I am finally out and can't get any right now.I want my life back.Can I live with the normal aches and pains? I luv to sleep.How can I get to sleep now.I cant sleep right now.I luv the way it makes me feel.Should I go to the Dr.? I am embarrassed for anyone to know that knows me that I do as much as i do.Nobody knows...My husband,friends etc....How can i make this end.I want to feel good naturally?I am 33 years old and a mother of a beautiful 2 year old.I am ashamed and wonder how much damage I have done to myself?

Cats Meow is offline Banned

It is safe to detox at home, no one dies from withdrawals, you just wish you would to get it over with. You know the answer, you have to stop, you should try it on your own first, you owe it to yourself. It's hell, but suffer the w/d's, you'll have very bad flu symptoms, there's not much you can take, but Imodium A-D helps. The first 3 days are the worst, and it takes 5-7 days to get through most of it, all the aches and pains will go away, even people with severe chronic pain find their pain levels diminish, usually to a manageable level without opioids. You will get your life back, I promise, but you can't take more opioids, you have to learn to live without euphoria. In a week or two you will be happy and everything just like before you started using, you'll be fine after a week, but it takes a little longer to get sleeping good again and to allow your brain to re-boot. The lack of sleep can be the worst part, don't waste your time taking anything, nothing really seems to help, as soon as you can exercise, at least walk and be active, it helps more than anything.
    let us know how it goes.

No-No-Rco is offline New Member

I believe one of the most important things to have when you start your detox is a Good Support System, you will need that for sure. You are starting off great by posting. I would consider discussing this with your husband. I don’t know your relation ship and I don’t want to pry, but that may be something to think about. My wife, pretty much called me out on the Norco’s / Perc’s. She didn’t know exactly what I was doing until I confessed. Sure she was upset, but she is my Rock now, as well as this forum. It’s hard to go detox in complete secrecy.
    Detoxing at home is relatively safe as Cats Meow stated. I took a lot more than you and I’m (still a rookie on this forum) on my 17th day of my sobriety. I can’t lie and say it’s easy, because it’s not…but I know if I can do it (taking 20 – 30 norco’s a day), you can definitely do it. I just had to live the the aches and pains. Try to get exercise, hot tube, hot bath, and rub downs…that’s what helped me. My wife would sometime just massage my feet before I went to sleep, and that helped.
    I wish you all the best and remember to post as often as you can.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by No-No-Rco View Post
    I believe one of the most important things to have when you start your detox is a Good Support System, you will need that for sure. You are starting off great by posting. I would consider discussing this with your husband. I don’t know your relation ship and I don’t want to pry, but that may be something to think about. My wife, pretty much called me out on the Norco’s / Perc’s. She didn’t know exactly what I was doing until I confessed. Sure she was upset, but she is my Rock now, as well as this forum. It’s hard to go detox in complete secrecy.
    Detoxing at home is relatively safe as Cats Meow stated. I took a lot more than you and I’m (still a rookie on this forum) on my 17th day of my sobriety. I can’t lie and say it’s easy, because it’s not…but I know if I can do it (taking 20 – 30 norco’s a day), you can definitely do it. I just had to live the the aches and pains. Try to get exercise, hot tube, hot bath, and rub downs…that’s what helped me. My wife would sometime just massage my feet before I went to sleep, and that helped.
    I wish you all the best and remember to post as often as you can.

N-N-R ... good to see you posting with some suggestions! Life is getting better I guess. LOL Told you that you would survive this. Newcomers can relate to you big time with 17 days clean.

Mrs.Vic2many ... Just keep posting and share what is happening. You will receive lots of support here.

hazy101 is offline New Member

Default MrsVic2Many

I just wanted to say that I am in about the same boat you are in and I wish you the best of luck. I will be visiting this site frequently trying to help myself out of this funk also. Don't give up! Just remember that there are alot of us out here in the same boat as you. I am confident that there is light at the end of the tunnel.