Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree336Likes
Looking for Taper Buddy, Any Takers?
    rxqueen83 is offline Member

Default Looking for Taper Buddy, Any Takers?

Any takers for a taper buddy from Sub? I've seen a couple people have good success when they have someone to talk to! Anybody?
    ClassiqueMom and rettarox like this.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by rxqueen83 View Post
    Any takers for a taper buddy from Sub? I've seen a couple people have good success when they have someone to talk to! Anybody?
    Hi rxqueen! I am new here as of yesterday and just beginning my sub course with Robert. He will have me tapering down real soon. Although I am not at quite the same point as you are right now, I would love to be your "buddy" as we do this together. So if I can be of any help and you agree, we'll just continue to support each other until we finish. And then we'll support each other some more! Lol.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

I have also read your other thread and see you are down to 1mg and thinking about going to .75mg right? That is so awesome! I will be right there with you soon as my total induction to this point is under 2mg! So I will be there a few days according to Robert and then begin my taper. So you can push me along also!

I see that tomorrow is your Birthday! So let me wish you an early B-Day! May you have so many more CLEAN B-days ahead of you! You hang in there and if you need anything just let me know. Blessings!

Karen

Yay Karen! I'm super excited to have you! Stick with Robert, he's a smart man. Many years ago when I first started subs they put me on a horse dose, and I argued with Robert and defended my Doctor. Now look where I am. Right back here asking for help. And he never mentioned it, not once My faux pas with him I meant.

I think it will help if I have someone to check up on me, and the same for me. I have a habit of "giving in" and "giving up". I've been dishonest for too long now. Time to face the facts. I am NOT clean. I am still on drugs (sub). I need to get my butt in gear and be honest.

Thanks for the early birthday wishes. I'm hoping this year brings some good changes for me. How are you feeling? What's your dose like? What's your history? Nice to meet you!

thalia45 is offline Member

My birthday tomorrow too; may it bring us all a new beginning, or a better life without drugs.
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Rx... As far as people looking out and after you... We are rooting you on and as long as you come on here.. We will guide you to where you need to be! NO GIVING IN!!! All my best Reid

I'm with you all the way! So happy you made that post looking for a buddy to do this with. Will make such a difference I believe! And I'm not clean either as the subs are an opiate as you know and said. But I WILL be clean real soon I promise! You will too!

I am feeling great right now! Better than I have felt in a long, long time! The subs ended my cravings which always did me in before. So now just a few days on them and the taper begins. I took .7mg this morning when I got up and then Robert had me add another .25mg to that. So the total I have taken since yesterday is 2.325. That's the entire TOTAL to this point!

My daily dose will be figured after today and if you would like and have the time you can go to my thread and see where I am. I will get back to you as often as my time allows. I am going to be heading to some NA meetings right away as Robert suggested. Looking forward to that really! We are about the same age as I am 30 right now.

You take care and I will be following your thread also now that we have met! That was a great idea you had to buddy-up through this! So happy to meet you and now I have another great friend! Blessings!

Big Hugs To You,
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by thalia45 View Post
    My birthday tomorrow too; may it bring us all a new beginning, or a better life without drugs.
    Happy early Birthday to you also Thalia! Wishing you the very best always!

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    Happy early Birthday to you also Thalia! Wishing you the very best always!

Karen
    Thanks so much Karen! May this birthday be a great day for us all!

-Jana
    Last edited by thalia45; 06-12-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    Strong Desire likes this.

Yes I just crumbed up 4 even doses of .75 mg. So I'll start that tommorow. Reid, thank you. I need someone or multiple people to continually call me out on my BS so feel free as needed. You guys are awesome. Karen, I'm glad your feeling better and you found Robert's way first. What a blessing this will be for you. Enjoy those meetings. They have kept me clean (except for subs). That and God. I actually go to AA. I enjoy it for some reason. I find my serenity in a group of drunks as a junkie. We are all the same.

My biggest drag is having to work through all this, and I have a four year old. I wish I could hole myself up in a detox and climb the walls for a few weeks. I'm also 28 weeks pregnant. But hey, such is life right? My partner does not use opiates, never has. Doesn't understand. My family is a mix of recovering junkies and drunks. Some are still active. My cousin just went to jail for robbing a pharmacy, and I got a letter from him last week asking me to sneak him in some subs Do you know how angry that made me? But, he's an addict. I refused. I guess one of his other stupid friends did it for him.

I'm off lunch now and back to work. I'll check in later. I usually check in at least once a day. And I am working with Robert somewhat, but I've been through this a couple times so I'm following his standard taper. A 25% reduction every four days. If I need his help I'll ask, but I think I'm clear and he's so busy. I try to save paging him for emergencies. I came off benzo's succesfully after ten years so I do try to help others on the benzo forum. Maybe one day I'll be the Robert of benzo's? LOL

BTW. I am here at all hours of the "mostly" night, now. Wish we had a "chat" room to gather. For all I know we may have and I just haven't found it. Anyway, I "subscribed" to your thread, so I will look for you at those weird hours of the morning.

Yes I just crumbed up 4 even doses of .75 mg. So I'll start that tommorow. Reid, thank you. I need someone or multiple people to continually call me out on my BS so feel free as needed. You guys are awesome. Karen, I'm glad your feeling better and you found Robert's way first. What a blessing this will be for you. Enjoy those meetings. They have kept me clean (except for subs). That and God. I actually go to AA. I enjoy it for some reason. I find my serenity in a group of drunks as a junkie. We are all the same.

My biggest drag is having to work through all this, and I have a four year old. I wish I could hole myself up in a detox and climb the walls for a few weeks. I'm also 28 weeks pregnant. But hey, such is life right? My partner does not use opiates, never has. Doesn't understand. My family is a mix of recovering junkies and drunks. Some are still active. My cousin just went to jail for robbing a pharmacy, and I got a letter from him last week asking me to sneak him in some subs Do you know how angry that made me? But, he's an addict. I refused. I guess one of his other stupid friends did it for him.

I'm off lunch now and back to work. I'll check in later. I usually check in at least once a day. And I am working with Robert somewhat, but I've been through this a couple times so I'm following his standard taper. A 25% reduction every four days. If I need his help I'll ask, but I think I'm clear and he's so busy. I try to save paging him for emergencies. I came off benzo's succesfully after ten years so I do try to help others on the benzo forum. Maybe one day I'll be the Robert of benzo's? LOL

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I also have a 4-year old. Thought I was pregnant myself a few days ago but false alarm. My boyfriend is awesome and my parents are great, but like you say they just don't understand. My guy has never taken any type of drug and the same for my parents so they just don't get it. So I just tell them I am feeling great (the truth) and let it go at that. They have noticed a difference in me right away and my boyfriend said that I was smiling at him for the first time in a long time! Made me feel great!

I abused mostly narcotics for about 7 years, but I am ashamed to say that I have tried it ALL at one time or another. My story is similiar to many others here. Nothing special. And you are so right about Robert. I don't know how he does what he does with soooo many people? He is on here so much and has a life to live also. We are truly bleesed to have him here with us. A very special place in Heaven awaits that guy!

So awesome that you are down to the .75mg dose! Not much longer for you! We will do this together girl and kick that subs butt! Can't hardly wait til the day that I can proclaim that I am free and CLEAN!!! Going to do this the right way the first time so I don't have to repeat it. Like I have read so many times here..."just do the next right thing" and that is what I will do. Have a great day at work and post when you get the time. Looking forward to talking to you again! Bless you girl!

Karen

Hey Karen
    I used my first opiod medication at about 13, and I was in LOVE. A Doctor prescribed me name brand percocet at just 13 years old after having an abscess lanced on my underarm. I felt that lovely "opiod, warm, tingly" feeling, and chased it for the next oh...jees, 12 years? Along the way I tried everything else too. Only thing I never tried was Special K. Had a love affair with crystal meth and adderall too. I haven't used since 4/12/2008 I enrolled in a methadone clinic after my daughter was born in 12/07, relapsed a couple times after, and 4/12/2008 was my last relapse. I stayed on methadone until September of 2010 when I switched to Suboxone. I owe a lot to Suboxone but I feel its "high" time to say goodbye. I just don't want to deal with it anymore. Nothing could be more unpleasant than methadone w/d, so I'm sure I can make it through a sub taper. I need to stop being a baby. We can do this, I'm sure. I'm glad your feeling so well. I'm not sure what lies ahead of you but I can say, we can do it! Other people with much less will and drive have made it through this. Other people with much worse addictions in much worse situations have made it through this, so can we.

I'm feeling great on the 1 mg. No problems whatsoever. Maybe it will go a little smoother than my last taper. I hope so.

Hey Karen
    I used my first opiod medication at about 13, and I was in LOVE. A Doctor prescribed me name brand percocet at just 13 years old after having an abscess lanced on my underarm. I felt that lovely "opiod, warm, tingly" feeling, and chased it for the next oh...jees, 12 years? Along the way I tried everything else too. Only thing I never tried was Special K. Had a love affair with crystal meth and adderall too. I haven't used since 4/12/2008 I enrolled in a methadone clinic after my daughter was born in 12/07, relapsed a couple times after, and 4/12/2008 was my last relapse. I stayed on methadone until September of 2010 when I switched to Suboxone. I owe a lot to Suboxone but I feel its "high" time to say goodbye. I just don't want to deal with it anymore. Nothing could be more unpleasant than methadone w/d, so I'm sure I can make it through a sub taper. I need to stop being a baby. We can do this, I'm sure. I'm glad your feeling so well. I'm not sure what lies ahead of you but I can say, we can do it! Other people with much less will and drive have made it through this. Other people with much worse addictions in much worse situations have made it through this, so can we.

I'm feeling great on the 1 mg. No problems whatsoever. Maybe it will go a little smoother than my last taper. I hope so.
    Hi rxqueen,

Wow.....the doctor gave you percs at 13? I'm sure you had some awful pain. Maybe he/she could have used another choice of pain relief? I just refuse to let anything keep me down from this point on! I know I am going to be having some rough days, especially with the taper, but I am going into it with my head held high and a smile on my face! Would like you to do the same with me!

I am very familiar with the methadone and it really is a nightmare. Hard stuff to overcome. All the other garbage I put in my body makes me sick. But a new day has begun and I am going to take full advantage of all the resources offered to me! Robert has me taking .7mg as my afternoon dose today. I took the same this morning plus another .25mg to get out of a tiny funk I was in. So if I have my math correct I will be well under 2mg total daily dose! Not bad huh?

You just keep posting and I will too as our time allows. I am usually up real late so if you find yourself up and can't sleep or anything just know that I am usually on this site. Will help you all that I am able. So nice to talk to you girl. makes all the difference to have someone that is at about the same place as yourself. Take care and talk to you soon.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

[QUOTE=rxqueen83;
    I'm feeling great on the 1 mg. No problems whatsoever. Maybe it will go a little smoother than my last taper. I hope so.[/QUOTE]

Hey girls, just wanted to offer my support to you both! I also have a thread n I've received so much guidance, support n love. It truly is an amazing thing to have so many others in one place that have been thru opiate/subs tapering n detox. I wish u both the very best! I've tapered down from 32 mg to 8 on my own then tried jumping down to 4 n that's when I found this site. I realized I was going waaay to fast n went back up to 6 n stabilized there for 4 days n now is day three at 4 mgs so I'm not quite as far as u girls are but can't wait to b! Kuddos to u both.

So u are at 1 mg now where/when did u Start off at mg-wise just curious? Wish I found this site out sooner n did it the right way!
    Xoxos

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalclear651 View Post
    Hey girls, just wanted to offer my support to you both! I also have a thread n I've received so much guidance, support n love. It truly is an amazing thing to have so many others in one place that have been thru opiate/subs tapering n detox. I wish u both the very best! I've tapered down from 32 mg to 8 on my own then tried jumping down to 4 n that's when I found this site. I realized I was going waaay to fast n went back up to 6 n stabilized there for 4 days n now is day three at 4 mgs so I'm not quite as far as u girls are but can't wait to b! Kuddos to u both.

So u are at 1 mg now where/when did u Start off at mg-wise just curious? Wish I found this site out sooner n did it the right way!
    Xoxos
    Hi there Crystal,

Glad to have you here with us! I am very new here myself just joining yesterday. I am under 2mg with my induction and will begin my taper real soon, so you are actually ahead of me. Need all the support I can get. Will be happy to return the gesture! You did an awesome job tapering down from that high dose to 8mg on your own! Good for you girl! Now we can all support each other! Very nice to meet you Crystal. So nice to have another new friend! Blessings!

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Hello Ladies
    What a great thing we could have going here! Karen, I finally found and read your thread. Again, I'm so super proud of you and I'm elated you found Robert's plan FIRST. To answer the question, I started at 24 MG of sub and have got down to where I am now over almost two years. Most of the reduction was quite painless I must say. But look at how long it's taken. I could have been clean for well over a year now had I listened to Robert. But I argued with him. Look where that brought me. Consider yourself lucky and smart to have taken his opportunity and ran with it. I was just plain stupid.

Karen, the cravings WILL happen. Just worry about one day at a time. We'll deal with them as they come. Robert's going to get you stable, and then we'll all work from there as a team. But your smart to be aware of a potential pitfall. Let's start planning for it. I would say think about what you'll do when the cravings come, and start building your body up and up now so your physically in the best shape you can be for the taper. Are you taking vitamins? Exersizing? Keeping well hydrated?

I just had a nagging urge to take another piece of sub myself to be honest. I didn't cave. I signed online right away! Yay for me! I also started cooking some dinner and made plans for the rest of my evening. I'm going to the Dollar Store and taking my boyfriend to run some errands. Its something I battle with a LOT. To take more sub. It's stupid. Why? I don't get high, it doesn't make me feel any different. But when I place that tiny bit under my tongue I feel almost cheated? Like, that can't work! I need more. How dumb is that? UGH! So as you can see, I've been stuck under 2MG waaaaaaaay tooooo long!

I am super happy to have read your induction went well. I'm going to plate up my dinner (butternut squash ravioli with tarragon cream sauce). I will sign on again before bed!

Hello Ladies
    What a great thing we could have going here! Karen, I finally found and read your thread. Again, I'm so super proud of you and I'm elated you found Robert's plan FIRST.

Karen, the cravings WILL happen. Just worry about one day at a time. We'll deal with them as they come. Robert's going to get you stable, and then we'll all work from there as a team. But your smart to be aware of a potential pitfall. Let's start planning for it. I would say think about what you'll do when the cravings come, and start building your body up and up now so your physically in the best shape you can be for the taper. Are you taking vitamins? Exersizing? Keeping well hydrated?

I am super happy to have read your induction went well. I'm going to plate up my dinner (butternut squash ravioli with tarragon cream sauce). I will sign on again before bed!
    rxqueen,

Thank you for the kind words and support! I am a very fit girl! I jog at least 2 miles first thing every single morning rain or shine! I also workout 3 days per week at the gym. I take many vitamins and supplements. That is why it really upsets me that I have put so much garbage in my body for so long! I eat healthy and do all the right things health wise except my little distraction with the drugs for about 7 years! Makes me mad to even think about it. I have never taken a prescription medicine for crying out loud!

If you want to know the truth I am really not worried about the cravings. My screen name (Strong Desire) basically says it all. I am mad, embarrased, and ashamed of myself for doing what I have done in the past. I WILL NOT ALLOW these drugs to defeat me again! I really believe you have to have that attitude. Sure the cravings will come at some point, that is a given. But it's what you do about it that makes the difference. Not saying I won't relapse at some point, only saying I will do everything in my power to keep from doing it! I will use EVERY SINGLE resource at my disposal. I have way too much going for me to screw up ever again!

I hope we can ride this out together ALL of us here. We can get on each others case when needed, and support as needed along the way. We shall survive, and win this game of life and death! Lets just all do this together. I'm in ALL the way girls, and guys too! Hope you are ALL with me here! Blessings.

Big Hugs to All of You,
    Karen
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-12-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Forgot to add that I am SUPER PROUD of you for posting instead of taking that sub! Shows how committed you really are! I honestly believe it's the addict in you that made you want to take more when you knew it wouldn't get you high! My opinion only! As addicts we usually felt the need to take something and it's the ACT of getting the drug and putting it in our mouth that needs to be overcome I believe.

When I didn't have any more drugs and was waiting for my next supply to come in if I took some Tylenol I would try to take a handful of them instead of the 1 or 2 that is recommended! Addicted to the act of it! So kudo's to you for being so honest and posting instead of taking! Glad to call you my very good friend!

Super Big Hugs,
    Karen

p.s. Dinner sounds wonderful! Wish I were there!
    Last edited by Strong Desire; 06-12-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Holy cow, your right. Duh. I never thought of it that way. It's the ACT. Wow! LOL. Your 100% correct. And you know now that you've brought that to my attention maybe it will be easier to deal with!

Don't be ashamed Karen. We've all done nasty, stupid, careless, ugly things in the course of our addiction. What shows your character is admitting it and being honest about it. That's when things get a lot easier believe it or now.

You sound like a really healthy person. I'm almost jealous! I need to get back into taking care of myself. It's raining here. I was going to go for a walk!

Dinner was good, but my four year old is driving me nuts and really testing my patience. I think I'm going to go lock myself in the bathroom to take a bath! My computer is on the kitchen table. It seems like as soon as I log on my bf and my daughter start jumping up my rear end! I know they just want to see me, but grrrrrr! Ah well. Life

Bath time. Here's to .75 tommorow! I probably won't be back tonight. I'm going to try and get a good nights rest. I will be checking in first thing tommorow AM! You sound like your doing well and in good spirits.

rxqueen,

HaHaHa.....sometimes it takes others to really open our eyes! Glad you agree about it being the "act" of it all. It just makes perfect sense really. You go lock yourself in the bathroom and just chill for a bit. You've earned it I know! Get yourself a great nights sleep and we'll chat tomorrow. Thanks you for all the wisdom and support today. Made me a better person just posting to you! Blessings.

Hugs,
    Karen

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

hi rxqueen..
    just getting around to reading your story..

personally, i can't be a 'taper-buddy' .. but
    i'll be a 'prayer-buddy' as you taper!

you'll have battles and temptations.. but
    you'll find ways to get thru them here.. i'm glad for that!

was just reading that you have already managed thru a few
    each time you make the right choice, it makes the next right choice even easier,
    because you KNOW you can do it!

keep doing it for you.. for your little one (4 yr. olds are soooo precious!!)
    and worth every bit of the best you can (and) are giving!
    glad you've got a couple taper-buddies to talk and walk you thru!

thought i'd let you know

allll my best! and prayers too!
    Classique MoM
    thalia45 likes this.

Don't get urself worked up about those cravings, I think anyone whose taken opiates n now r tapering off subs can absolutely relate! N yes, it's just the act of being used to doing it, also I can't speak for u all but for me, since I have pain issues, I have a terrible correlation w/ thinking more is better, the more I take the better ill feel, but it's so false.

N I totally agree w being as physically fit n healthy as u can b, from what I've heard it really helps. N I can't scroll up easily on my cell but whomever was stayin busy has the right idea! Keep busy, n do something u enjoy doing when u have the time...I know it's helped me when I'm either craving or feeling a lil off. today I'm super tired n didn't workout n I'm feeling like I need to cuz ive been going regularly lately after a long hiatus but then again, we can't be too hard on ourselves, n if u need a day or two to regroup then by all means let urself have it. Im starting to learn that I'm driving myself NUTS by trying to control things, esp when it comes to tapering. But we are all here in this together, which is a great feeling! There's no better support than knowing ur not alone. N sounds like you girls have youngins...and congrats to the one of yas on ur pregnancy. This IS ur motivation right there in front of u. Nobody is perfect, don't b too hard on urselves n b proud that u are going in the RIGHT direction. I'm here for ya girls. Big giant hugs, N I apologize in advance using cell n it's hella hard to type n read above posts at same time...n also if I sounds like I'm rambling...

Hey Hey
    How's everybody doing today? It's icky weather out here in New England. So I got a good nights sleep last night. Almost too good, I'm dragging my rear end around work trying to wakey wakey! I took my sub this morning but I think I made a mistake cutting my dose up so I'm counting this as another day on one mg. It wasn't a purposely done thing, I really made a mistake. I get flustered cutting such tiny pieces and the last prescription I got the pills were kind of weird. They were hard but they crumbled very easily when I was cutting them. It may have been a teeny bit less than 1 mg, but I'm still counting it as 1 mg.

Crystal - I agree with all you said, and thanks for your kind words. Classiquemom - That would mean nothing more to me then having your prayers. I definately 100% need them, very kind of you.

Happy Birthday to me, and everyone else who is sharing a birthday today! How's Karen today?
    Crystalclear651 likes this.

Good Morning RxQueen,

I am doing great today! Woke up feeling better than ever! Didn't even need to take my dose, but Robert has said the med needs to be in the system full-time. I am at .85mg twice per day right now so I inducted at only 1.7mg total! Amazing as the sub doctor wanted me to take 16mg's per day! I hope to be off this stuff real soon!

I hope you are doing well and enjoying your Birthday today! I sent you wishes on your thread earlier. Do you have anything speacial planned for today? I sure hope you do. You take care and have a great day today! Happy Birthday again!

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Hey Karen
    I agree with that. You wanna keep it stable. Definately sound advice. I have plans for my birthday tommorow, as it's my scheduled day off from work. I'm getting the sneaking suspicion their may be a baby shower planned for me. Everyone seems kind of whispery (is that a word, lol?) or hush hush around me. I wonder! I'll certainly let you know!

How long are you going to stay where you are before tapering? I'm just curious. Not that there's a rush, but it's good to know. It is amazing how silly the sub doctors can be. I mean, who the heck trained these guys? Sheesh. The clinic I go to was prescribing people 4 - 8MG pills per day!

It is amazing how silly the sub doctors can be. I mean, who the heck trained these guys? Sheesh. The clinic I go to was prescribing people 4 - 8MG pills per day!
    TELL ME ABOUT IT! My dr put me on 32 mg a day!!! Grrrr now I'm at 4 days on 4 mgs n feeling Symptoms, gonna chill out here until i have two good days before going down to 3. That's the advice I remember someone telling me.

Count ur blessings to Karen (?) who followed Roberts plan from square one. Sad that we have to go ONLINE to get the proper guidance and expertise. These drs need to b better educated when it comes to this med. but I'm so happy I found this place n I'm here rooting for yas! U girls are doing great!

Hey Karen
    I agree with that. You wanna keep it stable. Definately sound advice. I have plans for my birthday tommorow, as it's my scheduled day off from work. I'm getting the sneaking suspicion their may be a baby shower planned for me. Everyone seems kind of whispery (is that a word, lol?) or hush hush around me. I wonder! I'll certainly let you know!

How long are you going to stay where you are before tapering? I'm just curious. Not that there's a rush, but it's good to know. It is amazing how silly the sub doctors can be. I mean, who the heck trained these guys? Sheesh. The clinic I go to was prescribing people 4 - 8MG pills per day!

Oh I am just BEGINNING the subs! Robert said he would get me stable (for certain) on close to my current dose for 4-5 days or so and then begin my taper. So I am expecting, barring any complications, to begin my taper sometime early next week. Maybe mid-week if I have too! Not in any hurry really as I just want to do everything correctly. Only want to do this ONE TIME and I will do what I need to make it the last time you know.

That would be so nice of your friends/family to throw you a surprise shower! Wish I could attend! They are so much fun and what you need right now most likely! Be sure to let us know like you said! Hope you have a great time celebrating your Birthday tomorrow! Talk to you again real soon. Blessings.

Hugs,
    Karen
    Last edited by Strong Desire; 06-13-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Hey Crystal -
    Atleast you found it and did something about it right? You could fast forward five years and still be taking 32 MG and spend the next five or ten trying to kick a violent Sub addiction. It's unbelievable what these Donkey's, I mean Doctor's do...(lol)

Karen, good to see you still in good spirits. Thanks for the warm wishes. I'll be back tommorow. It's my day off so I'll probably be online quite a bit.

Gnite ladies!

Peace
    RX Queen

Hello Everyone,

Just checking to see how all of you are doing today? Hope the day has been a great one! I am doing well still. A tiny hiccup this morning, but not feeling too bad right now. Check in when all of you get the time.

Hugs to all,
    Karen

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast