Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree336Likes
Looking for Taper Buddy, Any Takers?
    rxqueen83 is offline Member

Hey Karen
    I'm doing fine. Waiting for my Mom cause we're going shopping and to dinner for my birthday. Yesterday I counted my dose as 1mg, but I know it was smaller. I think it was around .80mg. Anyway, I had a "hiccup" last night too. About 1 am I had a "gastrointestinal" attack and started getting sweaty and achy. I rode it out and just took my dose .75 as soon as I woke up today. I HAVE to stick with this. This has been always the most difficult part for me. I'm starting to think it may be a little extra difficult for me cause I've hung around at these doses for too long. I do get cravings now and then but to be honest they're the smallest issue to me. I have NO desire to go out and score. NONE whatsoever. I just hate the w/d symptoms. Especially the runs...LOL. Sorry. TMI. What was your "hiccup" all about Karen? Do tell.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by rxqueen83 View Post
    Hey Karen
    I'm doing fine. Waiting for my Mom cause we're going shopping and to dinner for my birthday. Yesterday I counted my dose as 1mg, but I know it was smaller. I think it was around .80mg. Anyway, I had a "hiccup" last night too. About 1 am I had a "gastrointestinal" attack and started getting sweaty and achy. I rode it out and just took my dose .75 as soon as I woke up today. I HAVE to stick with this. This has been always the most difficult part for me. I'm starting to think it may be a little extra difficult for me cause I've hung around at these doses for too long. I do get cravings now and then but to be honest they're the smallest issue to me. I have NO desire to go out and score. NONE whatsoever. I just hate the w/d symptoms. Especially the runs...LOL. Sorry. TMI. What was your "hiccup" all about Karen? Do tell.
    Oh it was almost like having "mini" withdrawals. Just had the sweats followed by some chills. And also some nausea to go along with that. And chasing my 4-year old around all day hasn't made things any easier. But I really don't like to complain. So many others have it so much worse than I do. Going to wait until I take my next dose before I report to Robert. Hoping that will make the difference.

I'm so happy you get to go shopping and to dinner! I'm sure you deserve to get out for awhile. So sorry to hear about your troubles last evening. Sounds alot like what I have going on? Curious though, when you got up and took your dose this morning did it pull you out of it? I'm always looking for as much info as I can get with this stuff!

Sorry to hear you are getting the cravings. One thing I can admit to is that I have ZERO cravings for any of that garbage again. Even when that "dealer/friend" came to my door and had the goods I had no desire to take any. Really just pi$$ed me off! We CAN do this you know? You and I along with all the rest need to take a firm stand and not let it defeat us ever again. If I can be of any help, please let me know. You have yourself a wonderful time today and tell me all about it when you get some time. Would love to hear about it!

Big Hugs,
    Karen

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

I think it is AWESOME you both are going through this together.. That is what I did and it made a world of difference.. The other nice thing is I made a lifelong friend (s). I am proud of you both and Queen, although I was blunt on the other thread, I can assure you I care... Why., because it is obviuos you and Karen do. I am rooting for you both. Reid
    Strong Desire and MP5 like this.

I just wanted to say that I also fully believe that the MENTAL thoughts come into play here so much. I mean that I try my very best to keep the most positive thoughts all of the time, especially when I decided to do this. I am a very positive person anyway and it's in my nature, but this animal is a different one to conquer.

So if at all possible do your best to keep all of you thoughts and actions on the positive side. I believe we are all capable of doing that. I know it has really made the difference in my life when I was in a difficult situation, or someone said or did things to me. So as a result of that kind of thinking, there is no way in He!! that these drugs are going to defeat ME!

Big Hugs,
    Karen
    MP5 and ClassiqueMom like this.

Tripstr is offline New Member

Hi I'm 18 years old and "accidentally" got addicte to the high. I wasn't using to get over opiates. I was just snorting 2 to 3 mg a day with my boyfriend. It's my fault for not looking into what suboxone was. And I started using to numb feeling to get over fights or stress to sleep at night or come down off other drugs until I was getting to 4 or 5 mg a day and couldn't stop. Now facing the withdraws and going back to it I just want to quit for the long run. I could use the suppor to stay away from the junk or any advice to make the withdraw less painful. I toke up a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tripstr View Post
    Hi I'm 18 years old and "accidentally" got addicte to the high. I wasn't using to get over opiates. I was just snorting 2 to 3 mg a day with my boyfriend. It's my fault for not looking into what suboxone was. And I started using to numb feeling to get over fights or stress to sleep at night or come down off other drugs until I was getting to 4 or 5 mg a day and couldn't stop. Now facing the withdraws and going back to it I just want to quit for the long run. I could use the suppor to stay away from the junk or any advice to make the withdraw less painful. I toke up a lot
    Hi Tripstr!

Welcome to the forum and it is so nice to have you here with us! You've certainly come to the right place! You need the advice of Robert_325 or one of the other "sub" experts here. These people know their stuff with these meds.

So I would like to suggest that you wait until you hear from either Robert, or one of the others. I am getting ready to post to him right now and will give him a message for you! So hold tight for a bit and I'm sure he will give you some suggestions. He is am EXTREMELY busy guy so please be very patient!

Again we all welcome you and I will be one of the many that are going to support you through this. You can post right here anytime you feel the need to just get things out. Very good listeners here for you. You take care and hold tight. Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Tripstr is offline New Member

Wow thank you so much for the welcome. I need the friendly atmosphere.
    Strong Desire likes this.

thalia45 is offline Member

Robert is the best. So few doctors know a fraction of what he does. I wish we could all avoid "field research" but the best help I have gotten is from the people with the most bad experience. ...or I should really say the most bad "examined" experience. You will have help that money cannot buy.
    Tripstr likes this.

You need to get this under control RIGHT NOW young lady! You certainly don't want to end up like I did. One single pill ended up being a 7-year love affair with drugs! You are doing EXACTLY what you need to do right now.

You took the first step by admitting your problem, and the second by telling us here! So just sit back as I did leave the message for Robert to come right here and advise you on things. Like I said he is very busy helping soooo many people.

For what I know about the subs, which isn't too much, I don't believe you should take another bit until you hear from someone else here. I'm just beginning to use them the RIGHT WAY to get off of other drugs. So I will be in your corner as I said from this point on! So nice you posted on this thread too! Lots of support right here. You will see what I mean soon. Talk to you later!

Big Hugs,
    Karen

p.s. you can read my thread if you like to get some more info. It's titled: "Tired of the Games...May Use Suboxone...Please Help" or close to that name?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Hi Tripstr ..... So we have another sub snorter? I hate that you do that. Not judging it just doesn't make sense to snort subs. You say that you're at 4 or 5mg? Which is it? We need to determine where you are, get you stable at whichever the dose is, then get you tapered off these things properly. But you have to promise that you won't snort them anymore! If you'll do that, tell me what dose you are comfortable starting at where you know you'll be stable, then we'll do that dose a couple days before we start tapering. Let me know what you think. If you listen to me and go along with what I tell you to the letter I promise we'll have you clean in a short time. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

caughtagain, I don't take any offense. I'm not blind, I see what's happening my friend. I just spoke my opinion respectfully as we all did. I appreciate you mentioning it, and I wasn't targeting your remarks individually.

Karen, I had a great day! I got my Mom for about 600 on a new wardrobe! LOL. Eh, she's rich she can handle it! I'm so excited to have clothes that fit me now! You are a very positive person. I think I'm semi positive, I can certainly get in my ruts. I'm glad you pulled through your hiccup. And to answer your question, about an hour after I took my dose I started to feel better, yes. Right now I'm starting to feel a little on edge and my body temp is rising. I think I'm in for a sweaty night! LOL. Maybe we can stay positive and try to laugh about it right? I'll get my first taste of menopause tonight!!! HAHA. As far as your dealer showing up, eeeew! Tell them to get lost! It made me think of the scene in "Walk the Line" where the dealer shows up and June Carter's Dad chases him away with a shot gun! I'm telling you, these pregnancy hormones are crazy. Don't tempt me! I'll come find him/her. LOL. Actually, after a few times leaving your place without any money you'll never hear from them again. They're pretty easy to get rid of when you want to. If they're not getting any money out of you they'll go away. Anymore hiccups today? I think Im in for a little challenge tonight, so I'm going to go start up the AC and get comfy in bed with one of the new Johnny Depp movies I bought. Lord is he handsome. Oh boy. He can make me forget who I am, nevermind drugs! I just love everything about Johnny Depp, he's perfect! Maybe I'll watch Blow so it will remind me how devestating drugs can really be! Oh, and I do know what chasing a four year old is like. And carrying a baby in my belly at the same time Whoever thought of such a thing! LOL. Imagine if it weren't for those kids where we'd be. My daughter has been a huge part of me staying clean. She needs all of me, not half of me. She deserves all her Mom. I wish you a great night tonight! We'll chat in the AM?

Tripster, can I make a suggestion? Can you get sub strips from a Doctor? Then you won't be able to snort? My best friend is a sub snorter too It's addict behavior. It stinks. Just a suggestion. Never heard Robert reccomend strips, so you might want to run it by him first. You need to be able to stop snorting if you want to get clean, but I know having only strips will help reinforce that.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Karen, I had a great day! I got my Mom for about 600 on a new wardrobe! LOL. Eh, she's rich she can handle it! I'm so excited to have clothes that fit me now! You are a very positive person. I think I'm semi positive, I can certainly get in my ruts. I'm glad you pulled through your hiccup. And to answer your question, about an hour after I took my dose I started to feel better, yes. Right now I'm starting to feel a little on edge and my body temp is rising. I think I'm in for a sweaty night! LOL. Maybe we can stay positive and try to laugh about it right? I'll get my first taste of menopause tonight!!! HAHA. As far as your dealer showing up, eeeew! Tell them to get lost! It made me think of the scene in "Walk the Line" where the dealer shows up and June Carter's Dad chases him away with a shot gun! I'm telling you, these pregnancy hormones are crazy. Don't tempt me! I'll come find him/her. LOL. Actually, after a few times leaving your place without any money you'll never hear from them again. They're pretty easy to get rid of when you want to. If they're not getting any money out of you they'll go away. Anymore hiccups today? I think I'm in for a little challenge tonight, so I'm going to go start up the AC and get comfy in bed with one of the new Johnny Depp movies I bought. Lord is he handsome. Oh boy. He can make me forget who I am, nevermind drugs! I just love everything about Johnny Depp, he's perfect! Maybe I'll watch Blow so it will remind me how devestating drugs can really be! Oh, and I do know what chasing a four year old is like. And carrying a baby in my belly at the same time Whoever thought of such a thing! LOL. Imagine if it weren't for those kids where we'd be. My daughter has been a huge part of me staying clean. She needs all of me, not half of me. She deserves all her Mom. I wish you a great night tonight! We'll chat in the AM?
    Wow....your Mom must REALLY love you! That's so awesome she did that for you! I'm sure you deserved every bit of it too! I've seen that Johnny Depp movie "Blow" about 10 times! You're so right about him being handsome. My boyfriend gets jealous every time we watch it together. True story as you probably know. George Jung the guy who was ONE of the first to introduce Americans to pot and coke! He's still in jail I believe?

I really hope and pray your night goes smoothly for you. Please try to remain as positive as possible when the chips are down and you feel any symptoms. I had a somewhat "testing" morning and early afternoon. But when I took the afternoon dose I was golden! Robert says it's most likely those other opiates trying their best to get me to take another of them. Just isn't going to happen! So with my way of thinking I firmly believe in my heart that from tonight forward I am going to just fly through this program, get clean from the subs, and begin to help and advise others here. MY plan anyway.

You have the double-whammy giving you fits right now. The subs and the pregnancy. You are going through a lot right now. Just keep posting your feelings and I will do my very best to try and cheer you up, along with everyone else! You take care now and have that good night I am praying for you to have! Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

rxqueen- u have such a great mind set n ur right. I'm glad I finally got myself together n make the right decision. I'm at day 5 at 4 n need to stay here for a bit til I'm feeling better. Glad to hear ur both still rocking it. Lets push thru those nagging mini wds together! Keep it up, girl power lol.

Hey Crystal -
    Atleast you found it and did something about it right? You could fast forward five years and still be taking 32 MG and spend the next five or ten trying to kick a violent Sub addiction. It's unbelievable what these Donkey's, I mean Doctor's do...(lol)

Karen, good to see you still in good spirits. Thanks for the warm wishes. I'll be back tommorow. It's my day off so I'll probably be online quite a bit.

Gnite ladies!

Peace
    RX Queen
    Last edited by Crystalclear651; 06-14-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Anonymous Guest

This is a nice....
    seeing you all working together!
    great job all of you.
    Marian

thalia45 is offline Member

rxqueene83, You have been a wonderful friend to me; I hope that translates into some good "karma" back. I have no doubt you are a good person; just keep up the one day at a time; I am certainly routing for you...!

Thalia

Thanks Thalia,
    Me too! I could use some good karma! I didn't check in this morning. Been busy moving into my new office. I've got a big new office to work in with a big flat screen and a nice comfy chair. Hopefully I don't fall asleep here! LOL. I'm not feeling too bad today. Just started getting a little nauseated, and no it's not to do with pregnancy. I'm 7 months now so I'm past that stage. Must have to do with the lower dose of sub. Nauseous and sweating, but doing my best to keep busy and not dwell on it. It's normal for symptoms to peek in and out when you first start Sub Karen. It's nothing you/we can't handle, right?

My Mom does love me, I have great parents. I feel bad for them watching me suffer so long. They've gone far and beyond the call of duty to try and help me. I'm so glad that they've got to see me get clean. It could be worse. I could be burying them knowing they never saw me clean a day before they died.

Karen - if I can make a suggestion, you might want to get a little stash of OTC meds going for at night. Tylenol, Immodium and a good OTC Acid Reducer. It's helpful to me to take a normal dose of each before I go to bed so symptoms are not terrible in the morning when I wake up. Or they don't get so bothersome that they wake me up. You might need to take a little more Immodium then normal. It's an opiod in there that stops the "runs", but being the junkies we are, our intestines are used to opiates. So you might not see any effect unless you double the dose. There's some weird reports that it will stop or lessen the "heebie jeebies" or whatever you call it. "Dope Sick", "Hippie Flu"...you'll get it when tapering. It's normal. It's not as BAD as full blown w/d, but it will happen, and it's helpful to have that stuff on hand. There's nothing worse then waking up at 3 or 4 am sweating, running to the bathroom or aching. The OTC meds will take the edge off atleast. Many people will advise you to try a benzo. I'm going to advise you NOT TO. I hate benzo's. You don't need another addiction. I actually threw out some xanax I had from a previous script a couple days ago. It's garbage. I hope you'll make it through with me, WITHOUT benzo's. I won't be supportive of you raising another ugly, addictive monster. Just FYI. I'm rambling now...

Boss is giving me the evil eye! Back to work! Karen, do you work? Or stay home? With or without little one?

BTW Thalia, I'm proud of you. I see some changes in your writing. That's good. Keep up the good work.

And yes, George Jung is a real character. How sad what his life became...he is due to be released in 2015. We've still got our whole lives ahead of us. Imagine being 50 or 60 years old and just released from prison? No education, no skills, no income, no family. Nothing. No wonder they commit crimes to get sent back to jail. The movie Blow is great, especially looking at Johnny Depp, but the story is SAD. So sad. Ah and yes I think my boyfriend gets a little up in arms about Johnny Boy too, but hey, what the heck is the chance I'll ever have a shot with him? Slim to NONE, so I think he's comfortable in that

Default Pictures?

Are we allowed to post pictures on the forum?

Anonymous Guest

Are we allowed to post pictures on the forum?
    don't think so.

Karen - if I can make a suggestion, you might want to get a little stash of OTC meds going for at night. Tylenol, Immodium and a good OTC Acid Reducer. It's helpful to me to take a normal dose of each before I go to bed so symptoms are not terrible in the morning when I wake up. Or they don't get so bothersome that they wake me up. You might need to take a little more Immodium then normal. It's an opioid in there that stops the "runs", but being the junkies we are, our intestines are used to opiates. So you might not see any effect unless you double the dose. There's some weird reports that it will stop or lessen the "heebie jeebies" or whatever you call it. "Dope Sick", "Hippie Flu"...you'll get it when tapering. It's normal. It's not as BAD as full blown w/d, but it will happen, and it's helpful to have that stuff on hand. There's nothing worse then waking up at 3 or 4 am sweating, running to the bathroom or aching. The OTC meds will take the edge off atleast. Many people will advise you to try a benzo. I'm going to advise you NOT TO. I hate benzo's. You don't need another addiction. I actually threw out some xanax I had from a previous script a couple days ago. It's garbage. I hope you'll make it through with me, WITHOUT benzo's. I won't be supportive of you raising another ugly, addictive monster. Just FYI. I'm rambling now...

Boss is giving me the evil eye! Back to work! Karen, do you work? Or stay home? With or without little one?
    Hi there,

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I really appreciate you giving me the advice. But I want to tell you that I have always valued my body above all else. I exercise regularly, run every single morning, play volleyball on weekends (tournaments), and eat very healthy foods.

That is why it makes me so sick that I allowed myself to put that ???? (drugs) in my body, and now I must use another opiate (subs) to get my life back into order. Actually makes me sick and really pi$$es me off! I hardly ever would take an aspirin, tylenol, or anything otc at all.

And I have a full-time job at a major company. I am allowed to work from home and believe me when I tell you it makes such a difference when you need to chase a 4-year old around. I wouldn't trade my situation for anything, except to get rid of these drugs, and get back on track.

But I am going to take your advice and get those items you recommended. What do I know, this is all new to me right now. Thank you again for your post and just caring about me enough to say what you did. I sincerely appreciate it girl! You have yourself a great day!

There is NO WAY on this earth will I EVER take a Benzo! No way period!

Big Hugs,
    Karen

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Rd queen how are u this morning u r doing welllcravings r just apart of it when craving think of it this way Doc/ Mr dealer give me some of those divorce bankrupt ruined relationship lose my chi
    ldren lyingstealing go to jail drugs tough to drink/use on the truth God Bless Surfdog
    Last edited by surfdog; 06-15-2012 at 11:39 AM.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Cant type even onthe kkindle dog

LOL thanks surfdog. I'm feeling ok. Symptoms are physically coming in and out very quickly. Little bit of tummy upset, nausea and a couple of runs, not trips to the bathroom! LOL. Nothing I can't handle. They are very quick to pass. A couple of times they were strong enough to lead me over to the cabinet where I keep my "sub crumbs", but I talked myself right out of it and walked away. I DO NOT NEED MORE, UGH! I can do this. I'm ready! I don't crave anything but to take more sub. And I know darn well it's from being on sub too long. It's been two years now. That's why I'm so happy for Karen she'll be off of it soon and won't be battling this two years down the road, or three, or four.

Nice you work from home Karen! That's spectacular. Oh I wish I could do that. I know you seem like a healthy person and don't want to poison your body with even OTC meds, they are all trash. Not good for the body. BUT, it's good to have on hand so you can take a couple doses just while your tapering if it gets to be overwhelming. Take it from your old pal RXQueen. Been down this road TOO MANY times! LOL. And I used to be the same way. Big health nut going to the gym and drinking protein shakes, vitamins, yoga and whatnot, and scarfing down perks and vicodins while no one was looking. How pathetic. But hey we're addicts Karen. You only have to do this ONCE!

The absolute WORST symptom of tapering/ w/d or whatever is THE LEAD SUIT feeling. I'm so lazy! I have to constantly PUSH myself to keep moving. It's the worst complaint I have. I'm sure being 7 months pregnant does not help that. But when I had my daughter I was up and about all the time. I can't wait to evict this kid! Two more months, woohoo!
    Chrissytee likes this.

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

Haha u guys are cracking me up on this thread I love it! From Johnny Depp being hot (n I totally agree) to going shopping w your amazing mom (sounds like fun too) n how wonderful u girls are for each other n others. N surfdog that last post was hard to read n I was like what the huh? But I get the drift. All n all u all have made me smile, thx for that!

Thalia u hang in there, I'm saying a prayer for ya gurl, def take all the suggestions you're getting. Just keep posting n we will all b here for ya.

Rxqueen, I'm sure being pregnant n chasing a youngin is tough enough, I can only imagine! Ur doing amazing n helping others on here too! Talk about superwoman! Take care hun
    Everyone have a great day!
    Last edited by Crystalclear651; 06-15-2012 at 12:58 PM.

MP5
    MP5 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwally View Post
    don't think so.
    That is what I thought too, but Clasique MoM seemed to have figured out a way to post the pic of the films cut up. Maybeit's because that pic is somewhere else on the website. ??.... Hmmm

LOL @ crystal. Yeah we're definately going "all over the place" in this thread. Hey, I'm sure it will get more and more crazy too. That's what friends are for right? Surfdog, I thought that post was so cute. I can picture him/her sitting there trying to poke those tiny individual letters just to check in on us and ask me how my symptoms were. That really, really made me crack a big ole smile. Very thoughtful and considerate.

I just went for a walk around my building! I'm so darn proud of myself. Do you know how lazy I've become? It's disgusting. Even though it was only ten minutes, it really freshened me up and made me feel better. I think my taper will be succesful this time if I make a big point to WALK/EXERSIZE and stay hydrated. I have a bad, bad habit of not staying hydrated and I think it makes me tired. Not good for the bambino either. I just put some waters in the fridge. My new office is much better equipped for me. There's a fridge, a microwave, a nice area to walk, stretch, a gym across the hall AND (drum roll....) a couch for napping when no one is here! LOL LOL LOL. Can you picture my boss coming in to find me snoring on the couch? Good Lord. Ah well, just make sure he doesn't catch me. No sneering now, we all know what we do when the boss isn't looking!

I think I'm going to go for another walk in a little while. So if I do two (10) minute walks then atleast it will be a twenty minute walk all together.

Nice you work from home Karen! That's spectacular. Oh I wish I could do that. I know you seem like a healthy person and don't want to poison your body with even OTC meds, they are all trash. Not good for the body. BUT, it's good to have on hand so you can take a couple doses just while your tapering if it gets to be overwhelming. Take it from your old pal RXQueen. Been down this road TOO MANY times! LOL. And I used to be the same way. Big health nut going to the gym and drinking protein shakes, vitamins, yoga and whatnot, and scarfing down perks and vicodins while no one was looking. How pathetic. But hey we're addicts Karen. You only have to do this ONCE!
    You're right about that! I certainly only want to do this ONE time. So like I have said from the beginning, I will do what it takes to get to the "other" side. I did the same as you said. No one would EVER believe that little ole Karen would be an addict. Well she is, but she is trying so hard to change things. And I will too!

Didn't mean to implicate that your advice wasn't sound and hope you didn't think I was trying to just play it off. I will get those items you mentioned, you HAVE been there as you say, you know what it's going to be like for me. I am a work-in-progress so I am learning as I go for now.

You have a great day ok. And keep the comments, suggestions, support, and wisdom coming.....I need it all. And maybe you will run into Johnny today!!! Lol.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Hey Karen,
    Did I read that you start tapering tommorow? What are you tapering down to?

Hey Karen,
    Did I read that you start tapering tommorow? What are you tapering down to?
    YES! I inducted on Monday of this week at 1.7mg and have been there until today. Robert is having me taper down by the usual 25% beginning tomorrow morning! My new dose will be 1.275mg. I will take .63mg twice per day. So I'm on my way! Thanks for asking!

Hugs,
    Karen

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast