Lapse
    nuty nat is offline New Member

Thumbs down Lapse

Well this is the first time I've been on this site and I'm on here because I had a lapse yesterday and I am really pissed off with myself. I had been clean from >>>>>> and crack for a year and a half. I go to a peer support group on a Saturday and Wednesday but where we have the group is where I used to live and score from. I had been ok up until yesterday when I just had using in my head and instead of talking to people in the group I left and went to score. I have not spoke to anyone about it and I thought that maybe someone on this site could give me some advice because at the moment I'm just sitting here going over an over it.
    Last edited by nuty nat; 03-12-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: It was a Lapse not a Relapse

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by nuty nat View Post
    Well this is the first time I've been on this site and I'm on here because I had a lapse yesterday and I am really pissed off with myself. I had been clean from >>>>>> and crack for a year and a half. I go to a peer support group on a Saturday and Wednesday but where we have the group is where I used to live and score from. I had been ok up until yesterday when I just had using in my head and instead of talking to people in the group I left and went to score. I have not spoke to anyone about it and I thought that maybe someone on this site could give me some advice because at the moment I'm just sitting here going over an over it.

You've got to know I'm not going to say it's okay that you used before you called someone for help. With a year and a half clean you have enough time under your belt to have realized when this was going down and knew to grab that phone before using.

The positive thing about this though is that sometimes, even with some clean time, having something like this happen makes us realize how weak our self-control really is. I know with quite a bit of clean time that I can't use RX painkillers. I can't freakin control myself so I stay away from them. Now you know that you've got to do the same. And drugs are everywhere. We can't guarantee that we will never be in an area around them. I could find some drugs on a dirt road out in the boondocks if I wanted to get high badly enough just like you could if you really wanted to. So focus on it not ever going down again.

Make this into something good as getting clean is a process, not an event. Learn from your mistake and move forward. You still have the same amount of recovery in you that you had last week. Sometimes something like this makes us have even a stronger resolve from this point forward. Just don't screw up and do it again. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 03-12-2009 at 02:50 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.