Klonopin vs. Suboxone vs. Buprenorphine vs. Chantex vs. Cold Turkey
    morrissey is offline New Member

Default Klonopin vs. Suboxone vs. Buprenorphine vs. Chantex vs. Cold Turkey

I have read many posts referring to all of the above. I am highly addicted to Vicodin. I read on another topic I had started about the Thomas Recipe, or Daves Recipe, whic I intend to follow. It mentions Klonopin or Valium. I have never reacted well to Valium. I also understand that Suboxone is good but is costly and requires a licensed doctor and many visits. Is that true? What is the best option for someone who just wakes up and craves Vics? I have gone without since yesterday mornign and as you can imagine, I feel like i'm dying. I would love to go to my family doc right now and say that I need BLANK and get it with refills. Its not that easy though is it? Whats is the best pharmacological treatment??? Thanks

Normankay is offline Member

you might have to go to get phsychiatric help or however you spell it. when going to the doctor and asking for benzos/valium or klonopins I would say to the doctor that you have been having slight chest pains whenever you are around large groups of people (basically means you are having anxiety attack to most doctors) and that beer helps make it feel better, dont say that you drink a bunch. Just say maybe that you drink 1 or two beers and the feeling in the chest goes away when you are around a lot of people. Then say that a friend told you that you are having a panic/anxiety attack. Drs really cant test for true anxiety attacks are not, but part of knowing how to get scripts from doctors is knowing what to say.(esp if you are wanting certain meds from them) When I was younger I really did have anxiety attacks and the dr gave me a script for diazapam, I am pretty sure its just valium. Reguardless I also said that I wanted a medicine that I didnt have to take daily, just when these certain attacks happened. If you dont add that last part they may put you on something lilke paxil or lexapro, or another anti-depresent. A lot of people do this kinda stuff. Heck, this method is how a lot of people get opiates. Basically the trick is looking up the medicine you want from dr. then looking up what its usually prescribed for then tell your doctor that you have one of the underlining problems you looked up that the medicine is prescribed for (preferebly one they cant test or x ray for) and then all of a sudden your doctor prescribe you exactly what you came for without specifically asking by drug name and looking more like an addict in the drs office. Now asking for burpenophine/suboxone is a little harder to ask for, you may want to go to a different doctor to get this, yet a doctor that will take your insurance. Go to www.suboxone.com this site will have a bunch of doctors in your area aswell as give you advice to how to ask different doctors for suboxone. I read your other post but forgot how many vicos you were taking a day, and suggest just trying to get the valiums first. You are already on day 2 and really the first day is the hardest part. Valiums along with one of the recipes you mentioned should be more than enough to get through. Suboxone can tend to be a little pricey. If you have any other questions please dont hesitate to ask.
    Last edited by Normankay; 10-18-2007 at 11:16 AM.

submom is offline Member

Once you are in WD's you could even go to er. Be honest. Tell them you are an addict, they will most likely give you clonidne for your Blood preasure...it helps with those "crawling outta your skin" feelings as well...Have you tried immodium ad? taken in larger doses this can be helpful as well....try taking 3-4 a few times a day...not to exceed 10 days....dont worry about clogging the pipes because you wont be able to stop going regardless....keep hydrated....do you have any thing other than bennydryl to help you sleep? What was your dose of vicoding prior to yesterday? did you ween down or just jump from a high dose? This is going to be tough yet it is doable...many have done it and lived to tell about it.... there are many options...you simply need to find the one that works for you. Suboxone is a great tool depending on what your dose of vics was....but even that is somehting you will one day need to get off of....
    keep posting..we are here...

ChrisNev is offline Junior Member

in my experience, suboxone should only be used in very severe cases of addiction. if you were taking only 2-4 vicodin a day for a couple months, do not go on suboxone. if you were taking 30 tramadol a day for several years, then you would probably need suboxone.

Being on suboxone can cost you anywhere from $50-$350 a month. It all depends on your maintenance dose.

TRY THE RECIPE FIRST.

I would also add that instead of taking the valium or klonopin, take clonidine instead. because its not a narcotic and doesnt have the potential for abuse like valium or klonopin. its just a blood pressure medication and it helped my withdrawal symptoms greatly.

If you follow the recipe with clonidine, and withdrawal is still to intense and long for you to bear, then I might consider Suboxone. But beware that the longer you are on it, the harder it will be to quit it. I wouldnt stay on suboxone for more than 3 months, unless you are on a very very small maintenance dose 1/4 pill a day or less.

Suboxone is also addictive like the painkillers, withdrawal from it can be just as severe and long, and it gives the same euphoric pleasure. To me, its the lesser of two evils. Its much better than being on a hard street drug, and even a legal painkiller. It has a much longer half life than most painkillers, so you wont have the rollercoaster ups and downs of being on something like vicodin. It's more subtle.

But dont let anyone convince you that its a miracle drug that you can get off no problem. It's not a cure, its a bridge that can lead you to being free of narcotics. Tapering off suboxone takes dedication and patience.
    Last edited by ChrisNev; 10-21-2007 at 05:37 AM.

drdad is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by submom View Post
    Once you are in WD's you could even go to er. Be honest. Tell them you are an addict, they will most likely give you clonidne for your Blood preasure...it helps with those "crawling outta your skin" feelings as well...Have you tried immodium ad? taken in larger doses this can be helpful as well....try taking 3-4 a few times a day...not to exceed 10 days....dont worry about clogging the pipes because you wont be able to stop going regardless....keep hydrated....do you have any thing other than bennydryl to help you sleep? What was your dose of vicoding prior to yesterday? did you ween down or just jump from a high dose? This is going to be tough yet it is doable...many have done it and lived to tell about it.... there are many options...you simply need to find the one that works for you. Suboxone is a great tool depending on what your dose of vics was....but even that is somehting you will one day need to get off of....
    keep posting..we are here...
    Thanks for your enouragement and support here. Since 1992 I've dealt with chronic pain, using 800mg ibuprofen until 2 years ago when I cracked a rib and was given Percocet. My goodness, the first pain free day in 17 years! 2 years later, I was up to 14 10mgs of Percocet per day. I begged for Subutex and the doctor gave me Fentanyl 50mcg every 2 days and 8 Percoset per day. 2 months of that and he cut it to 25mcg Fentanyl and 6 Percs/day. Couldn't do that and still work. I just couldn't. The anxiety and depression were just overwhelming me by then, and the constant detox sweating & anxiety were simply unacceptable. I dropped a note to my doc and he called back that night, telling me we'd switch to Subutex the next day. 2 weeks later, he never returned any of my calls or a couple notes I dropped off for him telling him what hell I was in, I found this discussion and decided to cold turkey myself using Thomas' recipe.

I started yesterday. Pulled the Fentanyl patches off and flushed the rest of my Percoset. Called his office and he didn't call back until 9:45pm last night. I was already detoxing. He said to come in today, and I did, but last night was hell. I took 4 2mg Valium and 2 Clonodine over the course of the night, but couldn't sleep. Itching was overwhelming and there was nothing I could do about it except toss and turn, get up, lay back down, drink water, eat something, turn TV on then off then on again. It was Hell, waiting for 9am to roll around.

I showed up at my doctor's office at 9am like he told me to. I had to go get the medication at the pharmacy but by noon I had two 2mg Subutex dissolved under my tongue and was no longer in detox mode, no sweating, shaking, skin crawling was all gone. I felt back to normal. Not high on Percoset; just normal again with no pain. I'm amazed and I'm sold on Subutex. My nightmare that started out soooooooo good (the Percoset is so good at first, until it takes over and demands more and more and more and amplifies your pain so you take even more) is over. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by drdad; 12-28-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Didn't edit after all...