Klonopin and Methadone
    Klonopinchick420 is offline New Member

Default Klonopin and Methadone

HI, to all. I have finally gave up the Percs, and the Tabs and on Methadone. Since then I have not seen My Loonry Dr. I have been Off my Klonopins since Last week and feeling the way I do Is just ****ty. Now my withdrawls are gone from the pain Meds, Now It the probelms with the Klonopins. I dont take these to get high Cause I just cant, I take them due to a DX i have , alot due to PSTD and to being Bi Polar, So 3mg a day is not 2 bad people think. What kind of Meds do they give to you If you are not taking your Klonopins??? Please advise. Since I have taken the Methdone < i split them in 4 pieces Of a 10 MG Tablet , to try taper of the Klonopins But is hard to do it when I am looney

Klonopinchick42002

KlonpinChick420

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Be very careful when taking any benzodiaepine with methadone.Make sure the doctor prescribing the klonopin is aware your also taking methadone.If you take to much benzo then you can fall asleep and stop breathing.Most methadone clinics won't allow thier patients to take benzo's because of this danger.Be very careful......Dave

WILLYBKOCH is offline New Member

Default For klonipinchick420

My daughter was diagnosed bipolar also. She suffered her hell and tried to make it go away. We lost her last Friday the 12th. She had taken methadone, klonipin, and percocett. Please take care of yourself, and try to keep in mind the downs will come and go, thats your burden of your disease. If you leave too early those who love you will be left with guilt and pain.

grassrox is offline New Member

Exclamation

Klonopinchick, I wish I was there to knock some sense into you! You started methadone to kick an oxycodone habit...hmm...Jesus girl, all you are doing is digging the hole a LOT deeper. Are you aware that methadone is harder to kick than the >>>>>>, not to mention Percocet? I have been struggling with methadone addiction for 5 years now. I would give ANYTHING if I could drop down to Percocet and deal with those withdrawals. This is EXACTLY how I got on methadone. Got tired if spending a 3rd of my income on OC. You see, I didn't want to quit then, was getting salesperson of the month, etc.

You see, I kicked OC's 3 times (wound up using again, but that had nothing to do w/withdrawals, I was just around it all the time and my willpower...well, I'm an addict and we'll move on). The last time was for almost a year, so I was WAY past all the withdrawal stuff, and I will tell you strait up that I can not do that now. I just cant kick the dones (nor do I know ANYONE who has, unlike OC or hydro), it feels as if you will never feel 'normal'. The half life is a lot longer, so the withdrawals are a lot longer. You don't have to believe me, research methadone withdrawal for yourself. Its terrifying information.

Anyone who tells you that methadone will help you (unless you will be managing chronic pain for the rest of your life or coming off IV use of >>>>>>) is a liar. They either want your money, a.k.a. the "clinic", or they're trying to justify in their own mind their addiction.

Get off the dones NOW if its not too late, and know your limits. Trying to get buzzed mixing benzos IS deadly. My Aunt was a 20yr user, dead, dones and xanax. My cousin, her son, 5yr user, dead, dones and K's.

Think for a moment. People OD on 20mg methadone all the time. Does that happen w/percs? no.

Getting worse is no way to get better, that is if you really want to get better.

Peace and God Bless
    Last edited by grassrox; 01-18-2009 at 08:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by grassrox View Post
    Klonopinchick, I wish I was there to knock some sense into you! You started methadone to kick an oxycodone habit...hmm...Jesus girl, all you are doing is digging the hole a LOT deeper. Are you aware that methadone is harder to kick than the >>>>>>, not to mention Percocet? I have been struggling with methadone addiction for 5 years now. I would give ANYTHING if I could drop down to Percocet and deal with those withdrawals. This is EXACTLY how I got on methadone. Got tired if spending a 3rd of my income on OC. You see, I didn't want to quit then, was getting salesperson of the month, etc.

You see, I kicked OC's 3 times (wound up using again, but that had nothing to do w/withdrawals, I was just around it all the time and my willpower...well, I'm an addict and we'll move on). The last time was for almost a year, so I was WAY past all the withdrawal stuff, and I will tell you strait up that I can not do that now. I just cant kick the dones (nor do I know ANYONE who has, unlike OC or hydro), it feels as if you will never feel 'normal'. The half life is a lot longer, so the withdrawals are a lot longer. You don't have to believe me, research methadone withdrawal for yourself. Its terrifying information.

Anyone who tells you that methadone will help you (unless you will be managing chronic pain for the rest of your life or coming off IV use of >>>>>>) is a liar. They either want your money, a.k.a. the "clinic", or they're trying to justify in their own mind their addiction.

Get off the dones NOW if its not too late, and know your limits. Trying to get buzzed mixing benzos IS deadly. My Aunt was a 20yr user, dead, dones and xanax. My cousin, her son, 5yr user, dead, dones and K's.

Think for a moment. People OD on 20mg methadone all the time. Does that happen w/percs? no.

Getting worse is no way to get better, that is if you really want to get better.

Peace and God Bless

grassrox ... sorry you've had such a difficult time with the methadone. I agree that it's an overkill for most percocet abusers. Methadone is a great medication for longterm/lifelong pain management and IV drug users but it really isn't necessary for most RX pain med abusers. There are other ways to deal with those who end up swallowing too many pain pills.

How high of a methadone dose are you currently on if I may ask? We work with people here all the time helping them to get off methadone. There are other options that are much more manageable depending on your situation. Would be happy to help if we can. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Mario84 is offline Junior Member

I understand methadone because my brother went on the program to get off of OXY's and he stayed on it for over 2 years...they had him up to 135mg daily, he finally tappered down once he realized that he wasnt helping himself he was just exchanging one addiction to another, the clinics want their money and thats it!!! he had to fight with them in order to get tapered down to get off and it took him about 1 year to tapper off completely and after he was off it took him another 7-9 months to start to feel normal again...cuz after you get off of it your body goes into a depression like state and you feel fatigued and so on... if you would like to get off I would suggest (i dont know if you can) but I would see if you can switch to a SUB program and you will be off in 8 weeks tops!!! Robert and Musicman are helping me with my SUB program that I start 2 weeks ago, MusicMan and Robert really know their stuff and i owe those too a lot cuz my SUB doctor is a retard and the only reason i go to see her is so i can get the script and I ignore her direction and go with Roberts taper method!! try and do it!! ALL of us here will help you!! You and I can talk about it and help eachother!!! ROBERT or MusicMan: Can she switch from methadone to SUB??? Lets help this poor girl out and get her on the right road!! I am here for any support you will need!! and my name is Mario!! GODBLESS ALL!!!!!

Yes you can switch to suboxone from methadone. First we need to know the methadone dose as I previously asked in my last reply above. Patient needs to titrate down to 30mg or less of methadone. They can then make the switch to subs which is much easier to taper down to zero with than is the methadone. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

You know you all are replying to a four year old post, but at least it's good info for current readers. It makes you wonder where some people are 4 years later, you can only imagine, but better I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats Meow View Post
    You know you all are replying to a four year old post, but at least it's good info for current readers. It makes you wonder where some people are 4 years later, you can only imagine, but better I hope.

Hi Cats .... I am posting to grassrox who posted this morning. I never even read the four year old post when I saw the date. Grassrox is talking about having a methadone problem. I'm not quite THAT anxious to post.