Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 2 Post By Anonymous
Kicking Suboxone
    mlewis38 is offline New Member

Default Kicking Suboxone

Ive been reading post over post, and I hate to ask a similar question again but i need to put this out there. First off Suboxone has saved my live, I was at the point where i was taking 200mg oxy a day. Ive been on subs for exactly a year now. I started 3-8gm, 2-8mg and so on and so forth. The past few months my Dr has been tapering me off. Well i was clean for about 5 months then i slipped, $&*t happens. So for the past few months I have been down to 1mg of sub a day. Well last week my Dr told me to take 1/4 of 2mg sub ( 0.25) mg of sub i think. Well the new year came around and i did my share of partying. I was taking oxy for about 2 or so weeks. I stopped and went back on track with the subs, but i found the 1/4 of sub not working. I was talking a 1/4 x2 a day for about a week or so. Well Yesterday i ran out of subs. This time i dont want to depend on anything, i want to be a 100% clean, i dont want to take Benzo, sub, oxy noting. I got a good feeling this time. Anyways to my question. So far day 1, im not feeling 2 bad, just a little sniffles. Noting out of the norm.

How bad are WDs gunna last? im hearing people say its 3-6 days, i see some people say 2-3 weeks. I have a full time job, with no time off. I got my vitamins and immodium ad ready, along with a hot shower. Im hoping 2 get over this as fast as possible, honeslty the worst part about the WDs is the sleeping, shaking legs and waning 2 jump out of my skin, i can put up with everything else. Any ideas? Thanks al

Robert_325 is offline Retired

2mg will be uncomfortable to jump cold turkey from. W/D symptoms could last a month. Keeping yourself busy and moving will help. Don't retire to the couch or you'll find yourself staying there the entire time. Wish I could tell you this would just be a few days but jumping at 2mg is not something I recommend. That is pretty high! It can be done but don't expect much fun the next month. I'm here if I can help. God bless.
    INDCNTRY likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

INDCNTRY is offline Junior Member

Lewis, I was on sub for about 10 months. Didn't have your level of habit but close enough. I tapered to 1mg morning and night then slightly less than that but would cheat from time to time. Basically I quit at 2mg/dy. Robert is spot on. It's too high. Can it be done...yes. In the first 72 hours I found myself doing deep leg bends and jumping jacks...what ever you have to do to bleed off energy. First week was rough. I took a total of 1 xanax in 1/4ths.( only after day 4 and only for a few days) I take melotonin, Dr rx Clonodine for BP and helps with RLS, Hot showers before bed or whenever your knees are "electric".
    After 2 weeks my GI tract was normal and no chills. I am 3 weeks clean as of today. My lingering insomnia is all that remains really. It's not RLS but just restlessness after bedtime.
    Long and short of it. It can be acclomplished but Man.....I cannot stress this enough...you MUST make the decision to quit that is unwavering. You must be certain there is no DOC in the house, on your phone or available by any means. Then you have to get mad. I mean curse the pills, the wd..all of it out loud. It feels good and builds your resolve. And, post here frequently. God willing, with some advice you'll get throught it. A serious taper can be accomplished here. But also, you will find lots of encouragement if you are honest about your sobriety...or would like to be.
    God speed
    D
    Last edited by INDCNTRY; 01-20-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: typo

Smile

Well i did a little bit more into what i was taking. Ive actually been taking 1mg for 30 days and these past couple of weeks i was taking 0.50mg and when i had 2 left i took 0.250mg. Im on my 2nd night off subs. I feel like im in 100% wds. I took hot shower, worked. My mom is getting a vitamin regiment for me for the next week. as she is a vitamin freak.

Tonight i broke down, (this seems to always happen the 2nd day) as im driving home i just broke out in tears, asking where has my life been. I screamed at the top of my lungs F*k pills, F##k subs, IM FREE. Lewis will be 100% clean. At that moment i felt that the chains, the shackles that have been holding me down for two years, are free. I feel free for ones.

I know i have a long few days ahead of me. My boss gave me the next two days off, as he semi-knows whats going on. Thanks for the support everyone. Ive been reading here for quite some time now, perhaps for the wrong reason.

This is a new beginning.

dogluver is offline Member

Default that's the way!

Hiya! That's the way to beat this- you have to get good and angry and end the love affair with pills. I posted here months ago- background was i was on a fairly mild dose of Norcos for years from a back injury- i read a lot and decided the best thing was to quit CT- Sub scared me. Anyhow- that CT (about 8-10 norcos a day) was painful but pretty much after 4 days i was out of the woods. Yay for me- i was so SICK of depending on them just to function. About a year or so later got into a bad relationsip (ow i understand why AA says stay clear for 2 yrs (-think)) and started up slowly. I'm sure you know what comes next- back quickly to my 8-10 a day (though not a huge amount by some standards- enough to feel the pain of WD). This is where i really get mad at myself- a friend of mine gave me a couple Subs- i loved them. Felt like a million bucks...so i got a Sub Dr KNOWING i was going from the frying pan into the fire. I just didnt want to care- told myself i'd get off in a couple months but stayed on for about 2 yrs. The only halfway smart thing i did was stay on a fairly low dose- 4mgs- i was terrified to get off until i stumbled onto this site (thank you Robert and Henry!)....
    So- i started posting last june and made it to 2mgs and cruised a bit. Read a lot. Got out of the fear i was in (though wishing i could just CT off the Norcos again) and finally- slowly- i got all the way down to .125 which was the smallest amount i could figure. I think from 2mgs to 1mg is the hardest- the insomnia was bad- and im a flight attendant with tough hrs anyway but i just went thru it. I was so tired it hurt. The good thing was figuring out that i was WDing and it meant less WDs later. So- my last dose was Tuesday night. So i'm on day 4 off Subs! Thank you God. I will NEVER do Sub again. That's one thing i know for sure. So- i have to say i'm optimistic- the first couple days were a little tough- super fatigue but RLS big time at night. Took hot baths and rubbed analgesic cream into my legs. Didnt sleep muchj at all the first night- but forward to last night i slept 7 hours! That was with a Unisom and also took Tryptophan. I take amino acids, Vitamin C- had to force myself to eat well the first couple days but yesterday finally was hungry and had the energy to get up and make myself a good sandwhich I feel pretty good today. I will continue eating well and the vitamins/aminos- great book is "7 weeks to Sobriety" if you dont wanna read it- your mom will love it as it's all about healing brain chemistry with aminos/vitamins. You hang in there! Stay the course or you'll just habve to keep learning the same lesson ovber and over....but YAAY for us we are OFF Subs!! No more fear- just one day at a time
    Dogluver

Thats Great to hear! its a wonderful thing!

Well last night was not so good. RLS extremely bad, I kept waking up every hr on the hour, from like 3am to 9am. I got out of bed today, runny nose and watery eyes. I just took my vitamins today. So im waiting for them to kick in, the GF is making me some eggs lol. Ill post here later today. Day 3. Hump is almost over.

Anonymous Guest

Congrats on Day 3 mlewis . My two cents is this. DONT ever forget how bad you feel now. Its ok going forward not to be obsessed about your situation . But DONT completely forget the agony of WD , You will need to get an attitude about what the pills have done to you. Then you have to realize that you are doing this to SAVE YOUR LIFE . People here relapse all the time , Im one of them . This is the 4th time I am clean now in seven years. I am on Day 13 and its a big deal. I am a successful person with a very good family and life. The pills are evil , they dont let go of you. But you can get clean and keep the pills out of your life . Just get mad and then save yourself. Continue and Im pretty sure it wont end well. But for now you are in Day 3 . That is so huge . Keep going forward and know that the way you are feeling will pass. The drugs will keep fighting to win you back . But if your sure you want this it can be done. The pills dont jump into your mouth , you put them there. We have a little control over this disease and that is one of the things we control. We cant do s??t about the fact that we have to detox. But we can do plenty about whether we ever take pills again or not. If your really sick of the life style then you can do this. Try to remember the person you were before pills came into your life.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-21-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    MP5 and INDCNTRY like this.

Thanks for all of the support everyone! Day 3 actually wasnt 2 bad, i mean i still crummy but i feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel. Im glad i took the day off. the GF and i went out 2 eat, i diddnt eat much but it felt nice to go out. Cravings are pretty strong to day, but im not backing down.

Last night i went out with friends, i actually felt normal for once. Even have a few beers which was a pretty bad idea, i felt amazing untill i layed down. RLS driving me crazy last night.

Day 4 woke up, took my vitimans. I feel about 75% better then i have the past few days. GI still messed up, not much energy. But i woke up and felt clear headed. Almost there!

SheilaWeela is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    2mg will be uncomfortable to jump cold turkey from. W/D symptoms could last a month. Keeping yourself busy and moving will help. Don't retire to the couch or you'll find yourself staying there the entire time. Wish I could tell you this would just be a few days but jumping at 2mg is not something I recommend. That is pretty high! It can be done but don't expect much fun the next month. I'm here if I can help. God bless.
    You must be the guy to go to with questions. As >>>> I'm trying to find out all I can about suboxone so that I don't have to detox a second time. I have just finished six days off opana er 30 mgs daily, but still am taking 6-7 norcos daily. All prescribed. My question is about suboxone helping to heal my brain that some of the posters speak of. Is it true that sub helps heal the brain. If so how long should one be on subs? Thanking you in advance.

Talking I deep Thanks.

Hello everyone well im on the end of my 5th day (120) hours. I asexually got about 6 hrs of sleep. NO RLS! last night. I feel kinda antsy, perhaps the rainy weather can contribute to this.

First off i want say thanks to everyone who has showed support. I dont think i could have done it with out you guys! I know i have a long road ahead of my. Cravings are kicking my ass! but i need to stay strong.

Once again, from the bottom of my heart. I thank each and every one of you! Perhaps you saved my life.

INDCNTRY is offline Junior Member

Way to go Lewis. I remember getting my first night of real sleep during wd. Definitely a milestone. Stay strong. Hot showers help right before bed. My Dr. recommended iron suppliment. (depending on your own med history). I have completely rearranged my sleeping habits. Where I go to bed at normal time and get up early, I used to love sleeping in because it meant using less. So i would sleep away half the day then be doped up the remaining half. My gosh it's good to be normal again. Keep racking up the days Lewis.

Day 10!

Feel 90% better. Usually dont sleep more then 4 hrs a night now. Clammy hands. GI Track still messed up. Overall i feel pretty good. Good thing is i lost 10 lbs lol.