Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Anonymous
Just had Wisdom tooth removed.. Suggestions
    xguntherc is offline Member

Arrow Just had Wisdom tooth removed.. Suggestions

OK guys, you can see my original "quitting suboxone" thread by clicking here

I've been off pills for over 4 years, but on suboxone for those 4 years and I recently quit suboxone back in April. I'm doing great, I've moved and I have zero desire to ever do those drugs and fall into addiction again.

I had wisdom teeth removed today around 4 hours ago and I feel TERRIBLE. Pain is much worse than the first time I had the other 2 removed. The dentist gave me Lortab 7.5 and i did NOT fill them. Would I be ok to take one or 2? or is it not worth the risk. I seriously have no desire after years of not being in that lifestyle and I'm not worried to much but still wanna be smart.

I have Aleve, Tylenol #3, and Tramadol at my house.. are either of those last 2 ok for a past addict like myself?

Thanks!

TriedandTired is offline Member

This how my addiction slowly crept back out of the hole after being clean for a few years doc xtc at that time. Was taking pain pills for a dental issue, I liked the way they felt but I was also nieve about prescription pIn killers. Its never really good to go back, to your doc if u can get past it. If I was in your shoes I would really think about the possibilities. None of us ever wanted to become addicted to pain pills. This is something u have to decide. Just think if u dont this will be something else that you will have made it through clean. Your call pain will be gone in a day or so and this could be a slow or fast path back to four years ago. Im sure u r in pain but I almost guarantee that the pain isnt as bad as ur addict mind is making it.

dogluver is offline Member

Default if you have to ask...

you can't afford it.

The pain isn't as bad as your addicted mind is making it.. Well said sir!

I did not get them filled. I will tuff it out and just deal with it because it is not worth it. Is Tramadol ok? or no

PeterRabbit2 is offline Senior Member

The pain of a toothache will fade surely as the sun will rise. But the possible rekindling of a past addiction is a potentially decades long road to travel. (I don't think you have to put much thought on that to see the correct route to take!)

In my opinion, (after checking with a healthcare professional FIRST, a Dr. or a Pharmacist) try combining 1,000mg Tylenol (OTC, non-narcotic) and Advil 800mg.

I don't know your medical history, so you MUST contact a professional who does - before you try this combo.

Steer clear of the narcotics if you can.

(I'm a recovering addict that must take narcotics for chronic pain - I WISH all I had to deal with was a pain in the jaw that I knew would go away in a week or so.)

Keep talking, try ice chips and talk to a healthcare pro.
    Last edited by PeterRabbit2; 06-09-2011 at 01:51 AM.
    Peter

PeterRabbit2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
    Is Tramadol ok? or no
    AGH! No. lol

Tramadol is addictive just like any other opiate. It plugs into the same mu opiod receptors for which >>>>>> has an affinity.

I really do hope you feel better sooner than later!
    Peter

Thanks for the replies. I took two aleve last night that seemed to do ok. That along with an ice pack.

Thanks guys

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

Defiantly stay away from both lortabs and tramadol. You did the right thing by not filling and soon the pain won't even bother you. Congrats on staying strong.

TriedandTired is offline Member

I do comend you for not taking or even filling the script. I know first hand dental work sucks painful and very uncomfortable. Opiates do make it much easier but it is a million times easier to go through the dental procedure with out opiates versus going back to using Nd getting to place you can even atop then the wds and depression and all the other bs. So a big high five to u.

Anonymous Guest

XGUNTHERC....everyone is right! If you had been off the Subs a year or longer, I would say you had a chance at taking a couple of pain pills just to get you through the worst but man, oh, man...you've just been off the Subs a month....in my very humble opinion, it's just too soon.

Ibuprofen is the very best for tooth pain. Salt water rinses. Ice pack to the jaw. See if you can take something to help you go to sleep and just sleep through the worst of it. The mouth heals itself very quickly as it is so vascular. You don't have but 3 days max of the worst pain. If you smoke, DON'T. That will help you heal quicker and not go into "dry socket".

Please try and tough it out. Go back and read your taper thread about how you were trying to come off the Sub. Remember how it felt. Save the pain pills for a day that you REALLY need them....like surgery or a kidney stone!
    Not to say you are not hurting but mouth pain can be dealt with pretty well with Ibuprofen and it heals so quickly.

My prayers are with you, xgun! You are a great guy...you can do this!
    HenryNCBA and caughtagain like this.