Jumped from all opiates yesterday, another at home detox.
    ryry2424 is offline New Member

Default Jumped from all opiates yesterday, another at home detox.

Hello all, My name is Ryan . I live in Upstate NY. I have a girlfriend of 5 yrs who lives with 2 cats ,2 siberian huskies, and I. im 30 yrs old, she is 26 in a few days. Anyway i have had an opiate addiction on and off for 10 yrs, more on than off. I got put on probation for 5 yrs, 3 violations multiple aoutpatients, then the last violation i surrendered and went away to a long term rehab, about a yr. became very familiar with AA and NA and actually loved it, eventually i was back on my own but still on probation but now in a drug court program. they dont eff around in there.lol, but my foundation was solid and i still went to a ton of meetings and made it through drug court very fast and then got let off probation the same day as graduating drug court. I knew that the real work must come in now, but my disiese crept up on me fast. Before i knew it meetings depleated and so did I. i picked up weed then shortly Opiates, painkillers to oxy to >>>>>> , just like how i first became addicted. crazy how fast i was back to scheaming . ive been off probation 2 yrs now. Using opiates and suboxone for 18 months solid. my gf has been threw it with me the whole nine. I never had a script for subs, so when i coldnt find them i would get any other opiate, mind you i"m a carpenter, so i need to be healthy. Well these last two or 3 weeks ive been on metahdone 3 weeks ago for a week, then switched to oxy 80's, prob 2 a day, the new one's they killed my tummy, this last week has been fentynal patches, 75mg a day(chewed), then yest i took a 8mg sub strip, and then said i just want to stop now! My gf is in baltimore for the week so it will be a good time to sweat it out. i work with my father and live a few doors down from him and he knows what im going through, so he knows im taking the week off. he's actually in recovery himself, he's a yr clean, awesome!!, he understands. I know my jump off opiates is a litttle abrupt, but im just gonna do it. Ive used forums from a detox a yr ago and it really helped and i met some good ppl. i used a bag of H monday morning, then actually popped a 8 mg suboxone at 2pm, couldnt believe in didnt go through precipated withdrawl, pure luck, since those 8mg of sub, i have got rid off the rest off those strips. My gf doesnt want to come home to me being strung out and we were talking about seperating, so thats made me real emotional, like im not scared already, but shes heard this detox talk 4 ever as it seems. from here on out i will only use .1 mg of clondine in the am and pm, it helped me tremendouslly in the past. i know i can get through this, but life seems so pointless i guess when im sober, i remember meeting helped tremoundsly with that in the past, im just wondering if ther is anything i can take to help with sertonin levels.? Been almost 24 hrs since i took that sub, surprided im not sweating yet, but i did take a clondine a lil while ago. Thanks for reading this and any feedback whould be appreciated. Sorrry for the long background story, and i'm not gonna run spell check sorry, lil lazy right now, i'm sure its readable. Hope 2 hear from u. ryan
    Hopefully this is the last detox, its gone far enough!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Ryan ....... I've been doing this a long time working with people on subs and most of them end up clean. Are you willing to follow what I ask if I commit to work with you until you are clean? Here is the link to the process I devised when I did it myself years ago.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

If you'll commit to working with me and laying off the other drugs, just sticking with the sub protocol in the aforementioned plan I can help you get clean. Doing a cold turkey from subs with your history is tough.

Let me know if you want my help. I'm not a dr, just a guy who used opiates 35 years and have been clean for 8 years now. Let me know. We can have you totally clean in 2-3 months if you work with me to the letter. It's your call. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 10-26-2010 at 09:24 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

yes, i understand a quick jump from subs has a low sucess rate. but i havent taken subs in over almost a month, just fast acting opiates, except for a 8mg strip yest, thats it. i got rid off the strips i had, i just want to get it over with, i'm willing to go to the doctor for anti-depressents, they have helped in the past. ive done a sub tamper a yr ago, it wasnt bad, i got 8 days under my belt but tryed to do it by myself. im not denying your help but i dont want to hit the streets again and try to get 20 pills or strips
    Last edited by ddcmod; 10-26-2010 at 10:01 PM.

i made it through the night ok, my feet started bothering me quite a bit, and i woke up every couple hrs. It seems the clondine helps quite a bit for me. i just keep a bag of chips near by, in case i get dizzy. i'm starting to sneeze a bit more this morning, i have a feeling that one suboxone i took is gonna slowly come out of my body, so it may get worse in terms of withdrawl. I have been aking vitamins and drinking lots of water. i'm pretty damn bored though, i'm not use to sitting around. but i cant be an opiate pheen nemore, i did it all for the wrong reasons, im not in physical pain and i know my addiction is alot deeper than just the drugs, but this is the first step, getting the body flushed out then flush the head out and replace with recovery. have a great day all

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

Ryry,
    Congratulations on choosing to get clean. I am proud of you. It takes some guts and sounds like you have them. I will check in on you and see how you are doing so keep posting. Good luck. You can do this.

Thanks for the encourgment FREEDOM, yup its tough, high anxiety, and some depression, is the real tough one for me. I usually bust my ass daily doing construction, now im laying around the house, kinda gets me down. And my girl feels like she seen this 2many times and she"s fed up. So i sorta feel alone, i got my parents which helps though. I shold get my ass to a meeting sick or not, just to get outta my head. The clondine made me a lil to drowsy today, since my food consumption is at a low. Really only drinking apple juice and eating yogurt. Its weird i feel week but not bad chills or sweats, eyes dialted, leg jerks a night, but im wondering if that 1 8mg sub is sill lingiring , keeping my withdrawl down, for the moment. i just wanna get through the worse and i think the worse is on its way. but who knows

Good Morning, This is day 3 with no opiates or suboxone. I slept well last night. Body aches a bit, im sure from the withdrawl but also just being in bed for 48 hrs plus. I'm getting stir crazy here now. I'm gonna lay off the clondine a bit today, to see what the difference is. Ttyl

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Hey Ryan, just wanted to give some support. Hang in there as it does get better. IF you can, try to get a bit of cardio in each day. Even if it is just a quick walk. Also, take hot baths/showers too. That will help with the aches and anxiety. Keep it up and soon you will be feeling better.....All my best.........CA

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

Ry,
    3 days...outstanding. I agree with CaughtAgain on the cardio. It will speed the process up for you. Keep a positive outlook and you will make it. Hang tough.

jammymommy is offline Senior Member

Hey Ryan-
    I'm saying a prayer for you tonight - peace & healing.
    jammy