Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By pgcc
  • 1 Post By iloerose
  • 1 Post By pgcc
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By pgcc
insurance co. approved the suboxone strips is this ok?
    pgcc is offline Member

Default insurance co. approved the suboxone strips is this ok?

My insurance co. approved the pre-autorization today for the suboxone but for film or the strips. Will I be ok in cutting these strips as I would cut the tablets. I am going back to the doctor on saturday for the prescription so I will be ready to make the switch from methadone soon. I am nervous now about the swithch, hoping it will work. Someone told me I couldn't switch from meth but I have read and seen so many people do it. Any sucess stories I would appreciate the feedback.
    Robert told me he would get me through it and if you read this, please I will need your help. Thanks.
    Robert_325 likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

It's great to hear from you! So glad to hear that you will get your suboxone. Yeah, I believe you will be able to cut your strips. Robert will tell you how to do this, and no doubt others here have done so as well. I don't know who told you you couldn't switch from meth to subs, but it's been done here before. Try to do a search, someone will be on who has done this. There are success stories here, getting from meth to subs and then getting clean, check out the suboxone thread in "prescription drug addiction". You can and you will do this. It's totally normal to be nervous, no one wants to go into w/d to make that switch happen, but they do it. You will get lots of support here and Robert will help you. I'm excited that you're going to take this next step in getting CLEAN. Hang tough, you WILL get there.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Last edited by iloerose; 06-28-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

duran386 is offline Junior Member

Best of luck to you on your journey..
    J

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

hi pgcc..
    i have this pic of how to cut strips bookmarked..
    the only thing is.. it's for 8mg strips.. if you happen to get the 2mg strips, you'll have to
    re'adjust the numbers for the cuts.. hope this helps.. so many will be here with you thru this!
    all my best, and prayers, too!
    Classique MoM

P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by pgcc View Post
    My insurance co. approved the pre-autorization today for the suboxone but for film or the strips. Will I be ok in cutting these strips as I would cut the tablets. I am going back to the doctor on saturday for the prescription so I will be ready to make the switch from methadone soon. I am nervous now about the swithch, hoping it will work. Someone told me I couldn't switch from meth but I have read and seen so many people do it. Any sucess stories I would appreciate the feedback.
    Robert told me he would get me through it and if you read this, please I will need your help. Thanks.

When you get the strips let me know. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

pgcc is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    When you get the strips let me know. God bless.
    I am going to the doctor in an hour for my script. I want to do this switch over next weekend. Drink my dose on Friday morning, then thats it. nothing till I'm ready for the subs. I am really nervous now that this whole thing is a reality, us addicts are babies, I am anyway, and we don't want to feel even a little bit uncomfortable. So potentially 4 days w/ no meth(I'm on 45mgs so I was told I may need the extra day to be sure the meth is gone from my system). But I'm excited too unchaining myself from the clinic would be the biggest step I've taken towards getting my life back in years. It seems like cutting the strips may actually be easier than cutting the tabs. Well, one day at a time, I contiually tell myself that because if I don't I dwell on all my mistakes and that just gets me in a horrinle state of mind. Everyones support is so helpful. I didn't believe an internet support group could help but this does, so much.
    So, Robert if I'm not bothering you and you are free next weekend I'm ready to induct to the suboxone. Thanks so much.
    Last edited by pgcc; 06-30-2012 at 09:11 AM.
    iloerose likes this.

I am going to the doctor in an hour for my script. I want to do this switch over next weekend. Drink my dose on Friday morning, then thats it. nothing till I'm ready for the subs. I am really nervous now that this whole thing is a reality, us addicts are babies, I am anyway, and we don't want to feel even a little bit uncomfortable. So potentially 4 days w/ no meth(I'm on 45mgs so I was told I may need the extra day to be sure the meth is gone from my system). But I'm excited too unchaining myself from the clinic would be the biggest step I've taken towards getting my life back in years. It seems like cutting the strips may actually be easier than cutting the tabs. Well, one day at a time, I contiually tell myself that because if I don't I dwell on all my mistakes and that just gets me in a horrinle state of mind. Everyones support is so helpful. I didn't believe an internet support group could help but this does, so much.
    So, Robert if I'm not bothering you and you are free next weekend I'm ready to induct to the suboxone. Thanks so much.

As methadone has a VERY LONG half life I would take your final dose on Thursday morning and perhaps we can have you inducted by Sunday night. You won't go through that much w/d the first day on Friday if you follow this suggestion. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

just so you know mate. i got off methadone using subs.... so theres a positive story right there ok. ?
    you are doing the right thing. subs are soooo much easier to taper off than methadone, god knows i tried so many times in the past, but almost 3 years ago, i started subs.
    main thing is to be a 26 on the chart, but im sure you know that already, and if you are going to induct with robert you will be sweet as...
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

rxqueen83 is offline Member

I also switched from Methadone to Subs. You will be fine. The worst part for me was reducing my dose so rapidly. I had to switch to Subs cause I lost my license for a while and couldn't drive to the clinic. Although it was a blessing in disguise, it really stunk to switch from 160 mg to 30 mg in a little over a month ! The 80 hours or so I was off the Methadone to make the switch wasn't too bad actually. The first day you really don't feel anything. Well, I didn't. The second two days just keep yourself calm and give yourself plenty of liquids and rest, balanced with fresh air. The worst of Methadone w/d really doesn't come for 5 or 6days or even longer so, you'll be okay. Even if I'm wrong, you'll still be okay And yes, you can cut the strips. Just be careful, they get really tiny. Work over a lighted area, and you'll probably need those small grooming scissors, and a set of tweezers. Keep the area dry and room temp. If it's too hot I've had the strips get soft and start sticking to stuff!

I'm proud of you! And happy you've found Robert's plan before it was too late. Thats awesome!

pgcc is offline Member

I just picked up the strips. I have 11 strips 8mgs and 6 8mg tablets.
    Drinking my last dose thursday sounds better because I know you(Robert) are in a different time zone so sun night would be better than mon or tues morning. I really wanted to get my take homes in case the subs didn't work thats how my mind thinks. I was going to give them to my bf to hold but have them in case of an emergency.
    Could I induct Mon. night. Or am I being paranoid wanting a backup like this?

pgcc is offline Member

Robert: I need to do this right. I will listen to your instructions to the letter, this is probably the most important thing I am doing in my life in a long, long time so I need to be successful If you think thursday would be better than friday than so be it, i'll do it thursday. I would like to have the back up of the bottles but if you really believe in this, i'm a negative person when it comes to things like this, so many things I've tried failed so forgive me. As long as the suboxone works for me the meth will be thrown out. so, you think I should go for it on Thursday or if I feel more comfortable Friday and do the induction on Mon. night??
    Also, I just remembered the biggest reason, I have to see the sub. dr. sat. morning, I just remembered so I have to start Friday. That way I will not be sick at all when I see him on Sat. He thinks I'm already on the suboxone. I had to lie to get the pre-auth and to have my meds. He is prescribing me 1 and 1/2 strips a day 11 per week. He will prob up me to 2 a day Sat. but I have to drink my last dose on Friday and then I can be ready hopefully Monday night?? I really don't want to sit in his office for 4 hours like I did last Sat. and be sick also I don't want him to know I'm not feeling well.
    Last edited by pgcc; 07-02-2012 at 11:30 AM.

pgcc is offline Member

I will drink my last dose on Friday at around 6am, I'll make sure I take note of the time. That will be it hopefully I'll be ready by Monday night. I would hate to have to go into tuesday but whatever works that is what is paramount right now.

pgcc is offline Member

BTW thanks to everyone who calmed me down while I waited on the insurance co. wow it was a pain getting them to cover the suboxone. They had to call and speak to the dr. and still refused to cover the tabs would only cover strips. And its only good for 3 months. From what I've been told I will have plenty suboxone before 3 months anyway.
    Also can someone post a link to the cows scale? I searched for it but couldn't find it. Thanks again.

pgcc is offline Member

Forget it I found the cows scale and saved it thanks anyway.

Forget it I found the cows scale and saved it thanks anyway.

I was scanning through your posts today and was about to tell you that you don't do the induction according to a clock or a calendar! When you reach a 26 on the COWS worksheet you're ready to be inducted whether it's Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or whenever. That COWS worksheet will save your butt from going into precipitated w/d, it's basically foolproof! I have NEVER blown an induction one single time using that COWS worksheet and you have to be critical, not cutting yourself any slack because you want to get it over with. It's even a good idea to have a third person check your COWS score who won't give you a break on anything! I know that I wouldn't! You would be ready to hit me upside of the head if I were scoring you in person as you'll be one sick puppydog when you get to 26. You'll be thinking, "Man! Is this even worth going through all this?" Just remember that if you do it right you only have to do it once, that is for the rest of your life and a few days is nothing compared to having your life back! God bless.

pgcc is offline Member

[QUOTE=Robert_325;369611]I was scanning through your posts today and was about to tell you that you don't do the induction according to a clock or a calendar! When you reach a 26 on the COWS worksheet you're ready to be inducted whether it's Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or whenever. That COWS worksheet will save your butt from going into precipitated w/d, it's basically foolproof! I have NEVER blown an induction one single time using that COWS worksheet and you have to be critical, not cutting yourself any slack because you want to get it over with. It's even a good idea to have a third person check your COWS score who won't give you a break on anything! I know that I wouldn't! You would be ready to hit me upside of the head if I were scoring you in person as you'll be one sick puppydog when you get to 26. You'll be thinking, "Man! Is this even worth going through all this?" Just remember that if you do it right you only have to do it once, that is for the rest of your life and a few days is nothing compared to having your life back! God bless.

I realize that the time thing is just a guide but I may only have myself to assess me maybe a friend if he doesn't go away. I know my threshold for pain isn't high so I really don't trust myself with this, I don't want to say I'm ready and I'm realy not and blow the whole thing. I do know that in the mornings I don't feel 100% already, I seem to metabolize the meth fast. Sometimes I actually catch myself w/ the sweats while waiting to be medicated. I have skipped 6 days once and it was bad, no sleep, no co-ordination, stomach problems ect. By day 2 I remember I felt bad but definitly not what your talking about day 3 closer and day 4 definitly. I would think I should reach the 26 somewhere between days 3 and 4 which would be Monday night sometime. I remember by day 5 and 6 I was a total mess. So, I looked at the worksheet and I will try to grade myself as steict as possible and get a second set of eyes if possible. Wow, I never thought I would WANT to go into withdrawal, lol.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 07-02-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Robert_325 likes this.