Like Tree1Likes
induction feels so far off
    marilynj55 is offline Junior Member

Default induction feels so far off

I took my last methadone Sat at 10:00 a.m. and am waiting for the 26 on the COWS thing to start subutek.

Do you know how long it COULD be? I feel high anxiety, have lurching stomach, would probably say around an 18, if that.

I know there's another place for this but I can't find it. Sorry!

MJ
    Last edited by marilynj55; 10-12-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: missing info

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by marilynj55 View Post
    I took my last methadone Sat at 10:00 a.m. and am waiting for the 26 on the COWS thing to start subutek.

Do you know how long it COULD be? I feel high anxiety, have lurching stomach, would probably say around an 18, if that.

MJ
    Marilyn ..... Hard to say, but shouldn't be too much longer. Just don't take anything at all. Not tylenol, aspirin, motrin, ibuprofin, or anything to delay your progress to the 26.

If you are at an 18 right now might be later this evening you will be ready. And please induct on the absolute lowest dose of Sub that you can. I wish you the best. God Bless....Denny

Robert_325 is offline Retired

MJ

Marilyn ...... I have been recovering from a personal major surgery but have started feeling a little better today. Methadone has a tendancy to linger a long time in your system. Sometimes it can take several days depending on your metabolism, the methadone dose you jumped from, and lots of different variables. Those last few numbers from 18 to 26 could easily end up being tommorrow before you really get there. You have a lot invested in this, I surely wouldn't rush it.

I don't know that I'm able to sit up all night yet after my recent surgery but if you will wait till morning to do the induction I will help you personally through the entire process. I have done this a thousand times and I promise I can induct you at the lowest effective dose enabling you to finish up getting totally clean in the least amount of time and doing it with the least amount of discomfort. This is what I do.

Stay in touch and I will check on you. One more night will not be the end of the world for you and I promise if you do as I ask to the letter that you won't regret waiting on me. I know how to do this. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

marilynj55 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Marilyn ...... I have been recovering from a personal major surgery but have started feeling a little better today. Methadone has a tendancy to linger a long time in your system. Sometimes it can take several days depending on your metabolism, the methadone dose you jumped from, and lots of different variables. Those last few numbers from 18 to 26 could easily end up being tommorrow before you really get there. You have a lot invested in this, I surely wouldn't rush it.

I don't know that I'm able to sit up all night yet after my recent surgery but if you will wait till morning to do the induction I will help you personally through the entire process. I have done this a thousand times and I promise I can induct you at the lowest effective dose enabling you to finish up getting totally clean in the least amount of time and doing it with the least amount of discomfort. This is what I do.

Stay in touch and I will check on you. One more night will not be the end of the world for you and I promise if you do as I ask to the letter that you won't regret waiting on me. I know how to do this. God bless.
    I didn't get this until now. I've been working with Henry. He's great. So I may have blown it. It wasn't getting any worse except slightly closer to nausea and chills and high anxiety, but I took .75 mg and now am waiting 90 minutes.

There may be a problem though (other than the fact that I may have totally blown it by doing this): Has Subutex had any history of causing restless leg syndrome? I get that from Ambien and oddball things, benadryl sometimes, and if that is going to happen, I can't take it.

I'm so glad you're recovering, Robert. I know surgery takes more out of you than you could possibly imagine, reducing you to almost infantile helplessless -- at least it did me and my daughter, that I observed.

Thank you, everybody here.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

I didn't get this until now. I've been working with Henry. He's great. So I may have blown it. It wasn't getting any worse except slightly closer to nausea and chills and high anxiety, but I took .75 mg and now am waiting 90 minutes.

There may be a problem though (other than the fact that I may have totally blown it by doing this): Has Subutex had any history of causing restless leg syndrome? I get that from Ambien and oddball things, benadryl sometimes, and if that is going to happen, I can't take it.

I'm so glad you're recovering, Robert. I know surgery takes more out of you than you could possibly imagine, reducing you to almost infantile helplessless -- at least it did me and my daughter, that I observed.

Thank you, everybody here.

As I told you last night I haven't been on the forum much lately. If you have been working with Henry continue to do so. I will simply cheer you on as Henry is very capable and as knowledgeable about doing this as I am.

Henry and I have worked together on the forum for a long time and there is no way I would interfere with what he is telling you to do. You are in caring and capable hands so let's just leave things the way they are.

Henry will take good care of you. I had the impression you were on your own when I first started reading the forum last night. Had I known Henry was involved with you already I would have stayed away from trying to give you instructions. I wish you the best and you'll do fine. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.