• 1 Post By MAKRox
  • 1 Post By Strong Desire
  • 1 Post By toni.s.
  • 2 Post By MAKRox
  • 4 Post By MAKRox
  • 1 Post By MAKRox
  • 2 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By toni.s.
Increase time btw sub doses or skip days?
    MAKRox is offline Member

Default Increase time btw sub doses or skip days?

Just wondering what's a better practice. Right now I'm stable at .25mg/day taking .125 every 12 hours. Would it be wise to increase the time between my doses slowly (I.e. 12hrs 18hrs 24hrs 30hrs etc.) or to just go 24, 48, 72. I think im ready to start skipping doses. This morning was the first time i felt i didnt need to take anything. I'm trying to make WD'ing as unnoticeable as possible. I can't wait to be done with this. What a long ride.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by MAKRox View Post
    Just wondering what's a better practice. Right now I'm stable at .25mg/day taking .125 every 12 hours. Would it be wise to increase the time between my doses slowly (I.e. 12hrs 18hrs 24hrs 30hrs etc.) or to just go 24, 48, 72. I think im ready to start skipping doses. This morning was the first time i felt i didnt need to take anything. I'm trying to make WD'ing as unnoticeable as possible. I can't wait to be done with this. What a long ride.

I've done this a LONG time with LOTS of people on subs, used subs myself and have ten years clean. Not bragging, just to give you a little background so you'll listen.

First off get on one dose a day PERIOD at the small amount you're taking. I would dose late morning and do that for a few days until you're comfortable with it. Don't start skipping days until you're totally stable. Then there is a day skipping process I've used on this forum for years successfully.

You skip one day entirely, then dose a day. Skip two days, then dose one day. Skip three days, then dose one day. Then skip four days and you should be about over it. The four days at the minimal dose you're taking will allow for the long half life in the subs to not put you into a bad w/d. I've seen people stop abruptly at even .25mg like you are taking and they were totally miserable for weeks. Some people even taper down to .125mg before skipping days. I started at .5mg but that doesn't seem to be good for most people. So if you have any problems skipping days experiencing symptoms, just go back to tapering a little longer. Good thing about subs is you can always change the way you're taking them to make your taper work specifically for YOU!

Subs are a strong med, and you need to end this properly so the experience was worthwhile for you. No reason to jump off cold now and put yourself through misery when you are so close to being able to do it with minimal side effects at the worst! Hope that helps. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-11-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

MAKRox is offline Member

Ok. So I haven't taken anything since 6 pm yesterday. Should I wait til then and dose again? Starting my once a day dose for a few days.
    Crystalclear651 likes this.

Ok. So I haven't taken anything since 6 pm yesterday. Should I wait til then and dose again? Starting my once a day dose for a few days.

I would go ahead and take the whole daily dose about now. This is a perfect time of day to dose so you get the most benefit of the med up until after bedtime. No time like the present to begin! Give it a few days to get used to the one dose daily, keep us posted, and you should be ready shortly to begin skipping days. That is my best advice. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

MAKRox is offline Member

Very well. Thanks Robert.

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

Great job on your taper! You'll be free soon my friend, just listen to roberts advice to a t. He's helped a lot of ppl get off subs in a less painful way! Keep posting I'd like to hear your story as you start skipping days in a few days. Big hugs n props to u

MAKRox is offline Member

Ok. So I'm stable now at .125 mg once a day. Took about 2 weeks but I'm there now. Robert, that link you posted on the day skip method keeps bringing me to a pampers pull-ups coupon. Haha. Can you double check the link. Maybe it's on my end that it's only happening. If not, what's my next step? I think I'm ready to start skipping and be done with this.

Thanks,

MAK

Ok. So I'm stable now at .125 mg once a day. Took about 2 weeks but I'm there now. Robert, that link you posted on the day skip method keeps bringing me to a pampers pull-ups coupon. Haha. Can you double check the link. Maybe it's on my end that it's only happening. If not, what's my next step? I think I'm ready to start skipping and be done with this.

Thanks,

MAK

MAK .....you are at a perfect dose to start skipping if you're stable now. All you do is skip taking anything for one day, then dose the .125mg the next day, then skip two days, dose again the next day, skip three days, dose again the next day, then once you have four days skipping behind you that is it! For most people after doing this process it's pretty simple after that last four day skip. I felt nothing after four days when I did it. Hope this helps! You are at the final threshold buddy! Hang in there and keep me posted how things are going. God bless.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    MAK .....you are at a perfect dose to start skipping if you're stable now. All you do is skip taking anything for one day, then dose the .125mg the next day, then skip two days, dose again the next day, skip three days, dose again the next day, then once you have four days skipping behind you that is it! For most people after doing this process it's pretty simple after that last four day skip. I felt nothing after four days when I did it. Hope this helps! You are at the final threshold buddy! Hang in there and keep me posted how things are going. God bless.
    Hey MAKRox,

You are doing awesome! Really great! So nice to see someone about to enter the day skipping process. I am getting closer to that myself. I'm down to .6mg and have a ways to go, but I will get there real soon.

It will be very nice to read how you're doing through the skip. I will learn so much from YOU doing it! So thank you for taking the time to post. I really hope you continue to do so. There are a few of us here near the same point, and they will learn also. You take care and talk to you again real soon. Blessings to you.

Big Hugs,
    Karen
    Chrissytee likes this.

toni.s. is offline Senior Member

hey MAKRox,

you don't know it yet, but you just joined a club! there's so many ppl going through the same thing here, and u've just earned urself a spot at the table! the only requirements..a desire to stop using drugs!
    WELCOME my friend. i'm 25 days post-jump and finally living a life! it's beautiful on the other side!..
    and you'll be here soon enough!..
    CONGRATULATIONS on ur decision
    Chrissytee likes this.

MAKRox is offline Member

Thanks for all the positive encouragement. I'm at 37hrs since my last dose. Woke up a little moist, not sweating (havent felt the wd effects in a long time, but i guess its a good reminder of how far ive come) Other than that i feel pretty normal. It was unseasonably chilly by me this morning but once I got moving the chills subsided. So, 11 more hours and I made my first official day skip. If a guy like me coming from over 300mg/day of roxy's can overcome this, anyone can. Set your mind, change your life.
    Chrissytee and Robert_325 like this.

MAKRox is offline Member

Made it through my first 48hrs between doses. Will post more thoughts in the am. For now I'm going to enjoy a night of sweat-less sleep. Next dose thursday (72hrs) which seems like a year from now. Just realized..... I might no longer be dependent on drugs by independence day.....kind of fitting if you ask me.

MAK .... kind of like the movie, Independence Day! LOL You can do it buddy! God bless.

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

you've been here at the forum awhile, makrox..
    i've watched you come sooo far!!

i'm wishing you my best, and prayers, too!
    Robert's right! you CAN! do this!

Classique MoM
    Last edited by ClassiqueMom; 06-27-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

MAKRox is offline Member

This morning was the worst wake up by far. Covered in sweat, some parts of my collar were visibly wet. Is this normal? Is this the price I have to pay? Sleeping was not easy last night even with the help of sleep aids. I'm not scheduled to dose until Friday and can only imagine what tonight will bring as far as sweating, waking up, etc. This is the part of wd'ing that drives me insane. Any suggestions? Positive reinforcement? I'm lacking any good feelings about this right now. Sorry to be a downer.

MAKRox is offline Member

Ok so I broke down yesterday at 48 hrs. I couldn't handle it. So uncomfortable, sweating like crazy, you know the rest. I took my usual dose of .125mg and immediately felt better. Is this a huge set back? Or would I be better off maybe trying to get stable at a few more doses every 48 hrs and then try for the 72hr mark? Or should I just get back on track and wait the 72hrs from last dose?

Ok so I broke down yesterday at 48 hrs. I couldn't handle it. So uncomfortable, sweating like crazy, you know the rest. I took my usual dose of .125mg and immediately felt better. Is this a huge set back? Or would I be better off maybe trying to get stable at a few more doses every 48 hrs and then try for the 72hr mark? Or should I just get back on track and wait the 72hrs from last dose?

When we do the day skipping process it's not "the end" if we find we have to take a little sliver like you did. But what I suggest is picking up the next day where you left off meaning if you take a sliver, then go right back to the beginning of the place you were at in the process. If you were on a three day skip and took a sliver at two days, then do the three day skip over again. This will insure your success at the very end. It's always worked this way if you follow what I've said. Or if you're stopping cold turkey you may want to consider doing the skipping process, that is your call. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-29-2012 at 10:09 AM.

MAKRox is offline Member

Hey all,

Made it 72 hrs between doses of .125mg. Only one little hiccup a few days ago but to be honest, totally made the ride a little easier. Sweating is the biggest hurdle for me. My girlfriend officially thinks I have hyperactive sweat glands (she doesn't know about any of this) she just thinks I sweat a lot recently. It's kind of funny. So, now what? Do I wait 4 days and dose? Or am I done with this if I make it to 4 days? I can't wait. Never thought >> get this far.
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

Hey all,

Made it 72 hrs between doses of .125mg. Only one little hiccup a few days ago but to be honest, totally made the ride a little easier. Sweating is the biggest hurdle for me. My girlfriend officially thinks I have hyperactive sweat glands (she doesn't know about any of this) she just thinks I sweat a lot recently. It's kind of funny. So, now what? Do I wait 4 days and dose? Or am I done with this if I make it to 4 days? I can't wait. Never thought >> get this far.

Way to go, MAK!!! After you go three days without using I have found that if you dose ONE MORE TIME only to allow for the sub's long half life that you will be past the worst of it where you can go on without EVER using again!!!! That is awesome, dude! Congratulations, you're clean, well at least after one last dose. Some people stop where you are now, but trust me on this, that last little dose with those stinky subs and the long half life will make this easier on you if you dose once more. Let us know how it goes, but I am confident that you are the newest success story on the forum. Feels pretty doggone good doesn't it! God bless.
    toni.s. and ClassiqueMom like this.

toni.s. is offline Senior Member

you are AWESOME!!!
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

MAKRox is offline Member

It feels pretty good to make it this far. Thank you all for the help and encouragement. Hopefully ill be able to pay it forward a bit, although im no expert.

So if I dose Thursday that will be it? Four more days with this monkey on my back and I'll finally be rid of him? Can't believe it.