improve sex drive for women
    sto
    sto is offline New Member

Default improve sex drive for women

Can someone out there tell me how can we women who are on birth control pills increase our sex drive? Does going off it help? Or are there any medications out there to counter the effects on our sex hormones when we're on those birth control pills?

kristi_kay is offline New Member

I had the exact same problem, the only thing that helped me was going off of them completly. I had my tubes tied,I have 2 kids, then wow, I forgot what I was missing!!! I am older now and enjoy my sex life more now than ever.I enjoy the less cramps convience, etc. with the pill, but I want to enjoy sex!!! Now, I do!!!!

sto

quote:Originally posted by sto

Can someone out there tell me how can we women who are on birth control pills increase our sex drive? Does going off it help? Or are there any medications out there to counter the effects on our sex hormones when we're on those birth control pills?

sto

Hi Kristi, thanks for your reply. I don't know if I want to go through the operation of tying my tubes. There was once my doc prescribed a hormonal drug-Progynova for me, in co-ordination with another drug for another condition, but I found that Progynova actually increased my sex drive (it being a sex hormone), but of course I was off the pill then. You have had your tubes tied, does that affect the hormonal balance in the body at all? Does it mean that if I don't get my tubes tied, I should be looking at other means of contraception at all? Do you happen to know if a 3-monthly contraception injection has similar effects on the sex drive as the pills? Hope you can enlighten me on that. Thanks STO
    quote:Originally posted by kristi_kay

I had the exact same problem, the only thing that helped me was going off of them completly. I had my tubes tied,I have 2 kids, then wow, I forgot what I was missing!!! I am older now and enjoy my sex life more now than ever.I enjoy the less cramps convience, etc. with the pill, but I want to enjoy sex!!! Now, I do!!!!

mommie02 is offline New Member

Unhappy

Hi! To answer your second post, I too was on here researching the same thing because I am on the Depo Shot (every 12 wks injections) and yes it does have the same effect as the pills on sex drive.