Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Comeback Kid
  • 2 Post By deleted116
  • 1 Post By ClassiqueMom
important question
    jl78 is offline Member

Default important question

I have a question that i need advice on. I know that this is the key to me becoming clean. For those of you who are clean now an who have had a bad Percocet habit , how do you wake up an live with out the daily habit of going through the day with out snorting a pill every few hours or so. Like how am I gonna do this? I don't have a job, spent most of my money on pills, live at home with parents, no girlfriend...... I just don't know how i am gonna do it.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-10-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Comeback Kid is offline Advanced Member

JL! You have to want to stop the daily routine of blowing money, then blowing pills up your nose. It has to come from within. You have to find that moment that says "Hey, what the F am I doing??" It will become clear. It takes time, it's not something that will happen overnight. You are addicted to the routine, so break that routine, and find something else to do. I have no experience in the snorting. But I know it in it of itself is an addiction. Do you want a girlfriend? Do you want to stay living at your parent's house, jobless, all your life???? Cmon man, life is so much more than that. You have to WANT IT. The routine of snorting will go away. Your body will normalize at some point and you will look back and say "Wow I can't believe I was strong enough to make it through that". Its so much better on this side. Your sinuses and liver will thank you in the end.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?”
    Do tomorrow what you did today, you get tomorrow what you got today
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm CST)

Comeback Kid is offline Advanced Member

There is so much wisdom and good advice to be found on this board. Good luck sir. Keep posting no matter.
    ClassiqueMom likes this.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?”
    Do tomorrow what you did today, you get tomorrow what you got today
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm CST)

TAMallick is offline New Member

Your wish is the main. If you really want to leave that bad habit, you can must do it. But you have need strong will. Also try to manage a girlfriend and try to spend more time with her, it will be easy to you to leave your bad habit.

deleted116 is offline Member

The 30's were my doc, and while I wasn't into snorting them, just the act of taking them every few hours became a routine. Never mind counting them storing them, getting them. I look back now and think of how many hours a day I actually consumed just to be an addict, and it's crazy.

Truthfully, at first it WILL feel like there is a hole in your routine/life. But if you give it time, just the act of LIVING life will start to fill in those holes. I'm at almost 4 months...and now I wonder how I would find the time to actually do everything I was doing before. It doesn't seem possible. I'm not saying that I never think about pills fondly....I do at times. I can't say I "crave" them....but there are times where say at the end of a long day I think "sigh...I would have been enjoying a pill and a beer right now". But the fact is that SO much bad stuff went along with getting that pill and beer, and that was the stuff I hated and couldn't have in my life anymore.

Everyone is different, but for me I believe this time around I've had more success because I'm more truthful with myself. I would be lying if I said I HATED the way the pills made me feel....there are parts of them I still do miss. But I HATED what they had turned me into, and I really hated the life of an addict. So everytime I think that thought, my mind goes to all of the negative stuff and I realize that I just can't have them in my life anymore. I did the same thing when I quit smoking....I LOVED smoking.....But I was sick of the cost, sick of hiding the fact that I was a smoker from alot of people, and really sick of constantly worrying I was going to get cancer someday. So I left them behind. If I could have just had the cigarettes without all of the other stuff, I would have loved to. And I might be wrong for saying this....but if I could have had the pills without them making me a prisoner, and without all of the other negative consequences, I probably would have those too. But those worlds will never, ever exist....so I'm happily living my life without either of those things. (in May it was 5 years since my last puff of a cigarette!)

Like everything else with withdrawal, you just have to give it time. Time for your mind to heal and for life to fill in those holes. Good luck!
    Last edited by deleted116; 06-10-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    toni.s. and thalia45 like this.

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jl78 View Post
    I have a question that i need advice on. I know that this is the key to me becoming clean. For those of you who are clean now an who have had a bad Percocet habit , how do you wake up an live with out the daily habit of going through the day with out snorting a pill every few hours or so. Like how am I gonna do this? I don't have a job, spent most of my money on pills, live at home with parents, no girlfriend...... I just don't know how i am gonna do it.
    hi jl78..
    you've been here awhile.. (at least 96 posts long)

time to give it up..
    pretty sure getting yourself to an NA meeting and working STEP 1
    will make a huge!! difference!

in my prayers!
    Classique MoM
    toni.s. likes this.