I'm sick with staph infection
    Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default I'm sick with staph infection

Just came from the dr and I'm sick with a bad staph infection. It's made me delerious and I've had all kinds of problems the last several days not knowing what was wrong. It's easier to diagnose others' problems than our own.

My wife Melinda will cover for me a lot when I can't get to the forum for a few days. Last night was my first night to sleep AT ALL since Weds of last week. So I feel like the life has been sucked out of me. But Melinda will ask me the questions I need to hear and will reply as I ask her to. Plus she knows most all of this anyway as we work together a lot on the forum.

The dr said I should be better by the end of the week. Just trust what Melinda says as if it were me. We will be talking together. Won't leave anyone hanging with no help that you've been promised. I just have to rest per the dr as I am SICK right now. I'll be back regularly as soon as I'm able.

I've been delerious for days not knowing what was wrong. At least it's good to know what is wrong with me. God bless.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-09-2010 at 11:40 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

cherdox57 is offline Senior Member

Default Wishing You a Speedy Recovery

Robert
    So sorry to hear you are sick especially with a staph infection. . Read your post on another thread. Got to be careful with your BP. I also had high blood pressure and wound up with a TIA Stroke. Didn't know I had the stroke till I went to the hospital because something was not right with me and my BP was 220/160. Fully recovered from it and took 5 months to do. Lost 45 pounds and my BP is ok except when I am stressed. Now I take my BP almost everyday myself.
    You need to rest and let Melinda take care of you.You deserve the rest and worry about yourself right now. TIME TO BE SELFISH !!.

My mom had MRSA (different kind of staph infection more serious)in her nose when she was in the hospital 2 years ago. They sent her home and a year later she wound up in the hospital again and wouldn't you know it, they told us she still had the MRSA. We were so upset. Unfortunately she passed from other problems. She was 79. Hospitals are a notorious place where you can pick that up so easily HATE HOSPITALS.
    Anyway just wanted to wish you well and get better soon.
    Take Care
    Cherdox

karaboo is offline Senior Member

Robert --

I'm sorry you're so sick but relieved to know it's being treated. Staph infections are nothing to mess around with -- take it easy and get better! My family will be praying for your full recovery

Strength & courage is moving forward in spite of the fear

Anonymous Guest

So sorry to hear you are sick buddy! Please take good care of yourself and worry about yourself and your health first for a change! Get well soon and don't worry about us, we will still be here when you get back!

LilMis is offline Member

Take care of yourself! Hope you get to feeling better soon!! We all know your in good hands with Melinda

LilMis

Solonne is offline Member

Good thoughts and healing prayers to you.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

My loving prayers are with you for a swift and complete recovery. Thank God for the love and support of Melinda, especially now. You two are a winning team.

God bless,
    Ruth

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Robert, Take your Meds and bond with that new puppy of yours!!! thoughts out your way. Your in super hands with Melinda and I meant what I said.... BOND WITH THE PUPPY............CA

jammymommy is offline Senior Member

My whole family is praying for you, Robert.
    Thank God for Melinda!
    Love,
    jammy

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    Robert, Take your Meds and bond with that new puppy of yours!!! thoughts out your way. Your in super hands with Melinda and I meant what I said.... BOND WITH THE PUPPY............CA

CA ........ Thanks for your concern my friend! It's been kind of a tough night for me being up most all of it again, since about 2:00 A.M., just unable to sleep at all, even with some sleep aids, and I didn't crash until after midnight.

This deal has really sucked the life out of me. It's obviously good that I finally made it to the dr like I did. Think I would have been in trouble had I not gone yesterday finally I am confident. And I've been able to speak with people I said mean things to while I was delerious. My amends have been received positively. That made me feel better as I don't normally do that. It's wierd how a bad infection can affect us so much. Even though I have to use the "tough love" approach here at times, I am kind to others in my life and don't want to hurt anyone.

One thing I can say about the puppy (Roxanne or "Roxie") is that we have already "bonded" pretty well as I am definitely a dog person. I like all animals but I'm partial to dogs, I must admit. She sleeps on my belly while I watch tv,she swims with me, I can hardly get away from her.

Thanks for your kind wishes and prayers as well as those from Kara, Ruth, jammy, azul, Lilmis, solonne, and cherdox ( sorry if I missed anyone). And I know how furtunate I am to have Melinda in my life. I would be lost without her! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

delta1011 is offline Senior Member

Robert - I am so glad you got to the dr One thing about staph, is you've got to take your meds (hmmm, I sound like a mom ), keep your hands and everything around the infection clean and rest so your body will mend. It's hard to stop life long enough sometimes to rest, but know that you're in good hands and that sometimes it takes a 'physical blow to the body' to slow us down. Take this opportunity to rest in the Lord and soak up his word while you're recuperating. God bless you and Melinda for all you do for so many.
    <>< jbchick

numbOne is offline Member

Thoughts are for you, Robert. Wishing a quick complete recovery. P.S. Congrats to you both on tying the knot!!

HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Just came from the dr and I'm sick with a bad staph infection. It's made me delerious and I've had all kinds of problems the last several days not knowing what was wrong. It's easier to diagnose others' problems than our own.

My wife Melinda will cover for me a lot when I can't get to the forum for a few days. Last night was my first night to sleep AT ALL since Weds of last week. So I feel like the life has been sucked out of me. But Melinda will ask me the questions I need to hear and will reply as I ask her to. Plus she knows most all of this anyway as we work together a lot on the forum.

The dr said I should be better by the end of the week. Just trust what Melinda says as if it were me. We will be talking together. Won't leave anyone hanging with no help that you've been promised. I just have to rest per the dr as I am SICK right now. I'll be back regularly as soon as I'm able.

I've been delerious for days not knowing what was wrong. At least it's good to know what is wrong with me. God bless.
    Hey Buddy,
    So sorry to hear what happened. Hope you get well soon. You have my contact numbers. Need anything buddy I'm there for you just let me know. As I mentioned to you before anytime, anyplace, anything!
    Besides you need to get better because when you folks come out my way I am still treating you folks out to some fab meals out this way!
    Rest easy my friend!

Henry

MaisieC is offline Senior Member

Hi Robert,

I'm so sorry to hear you're so sick! That sounds just awful. Thank God you saw the doctor! I'm praying for a quick recovery.

xoxo,
    M

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Just checking in to see how you Melinda and my buddy Roxie are doing? I hope better, the antiobiotics should be kicking in about now, correct? THoughts coming your way..........CA

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    Just checking in to see how you Melinda and my buddy Roxie are doing? I hope better, the antiobiotics should be kicking in about now, correct? THoughts coming your way..........CA

I am going to post "A Dog's Life" album on facebook with all Roxie pics. You can see her from a baby to where she has grown to.

She is really a smart little dog. And she loves me, so obviously I'm a little partial. She follows me everywhere, swims with me in her own boat, it is hilarious.

I'll get the album done soon. Just need to get Melinda to take some pool pics while we are playing in the pool and I'm still not operating quite up to par. But I'll be better the next couple days or so I think. I take a dose of these antibiotics and they make me feel pretty rough giving me a stomach ache on top of everything else.

Talk later dude. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 08-11-2010 at 06:32 PM.