Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
I'm done
    Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default I'm done

This will be my last post for those looking for me. Good bye to my friends and I wish you success with your recovery. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

This forum can never be the same without you, Robert - no one can take your place. What you have given here goes beyond mere words or thanks. It has truly been a ministry from the heart.

Thankfully, the 'magic' of the internet makes all your past posts still available, if anyone seeks answers from you. I dare say that just about "ANY" question has been answered in your thousands of posts!

My love, gratitude and prayers are with you on your future journey. Our loss is Peru's gain. All the best.

God bless,
    Ruth
    Iwantoff2013 and gr8ful like this.

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

kc50 is offline Member

God speed, Robert. And God bless you, too! You helped me and you didn't even know it.

saddad1 is offline Member

Thanks Robert. Reading your words all over this forum have given me the strength I needed to face my challenges. I wish you all the best. You will be in my prayers. I hope that you will continue your work to help people in need. Any group meeting would be so much better with you there. God bless brother.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Robert good luck in all of your pursuits, appreciate the help fpr my son, keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face gonna miss you Dog

Comeback Kid is offline Advanced Member

Take care Robert. You have been an inspiration to many, including myself. Good luck sir
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?”
    Do tomorrow what you did today, you get tomorrow what you got today
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm CST)

PatrickB is offline Member

Thanks Robert, best of luck with where life takes you.

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

I'm sure we will be in touch. Best of luck on your mission. Sorry things turned sour for you.

ComingHome is offline Senior Member

Best of luck.

You'll be back in a year. :-)
    There is ALWAYS hope

Clean from painkillers and all mind altering substances since 4/25/2013

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

Hi Robert!
    Just wanted to let you know that you hold a very special place in my heart
    (as many here do) .. but you're at the top of the list! ..

within moments of my first posting at this board, you, without even knowing me,
    (and out of the goodness of your own heart .. a heart changed by the power of Jesus)
    you offered to help our family..

i will never.. (and i mean that) forget you..
    you will be in my thoughts and prayers as you work for the kingdom..

May God Bless You realllllll good!!

love,
    Classique MoM
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Robert, You put out a hand for me when I needed it. I wish you the best of luck, you will be in my thoughts.

Peace,

Iloerose

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Roberto... man.. I go away for a week and look what happens... Not sure what happened to this point, but trying to figure it out..... I wish you the best Man. I guess my take on what I did hear is... All of us fight and bicker, but we are all here or were here for the right reason... That is, to help others... And that is what this forum is for... others, not us... You have helped others, as has the OG CA... So for that I am thankful and as ruth said, the posts are still here... All my best, Reid... Now I am off to figure out what happened... This was my first stop... Reid

Melissa B is offline Senior Member

Robert,

It's been quite a ride... I remember my first day posting to you 3 years ago like it was yesterday! You had some health problems you were dealing with at that time so you weren't up to par, but you got me started on my taper and made sure I was in good hands with Henry(thank you by the way =). My life changing event started right here on this forum. I can't even fathom where I would be today if you never responded to that post. This was my last hope in what seemed like a hopeless journey and I stuck around because a stranger extended his hand in good faith to help someone who had lost all faith. I know you will be missed by many and the impact of you leaving will be felt for a very long time! We have all seen the craziness on this forum from time to time which has made us laugh, made us angry, made us scratch our heads and even made us cry at times. A bunch of stubborn, hopeless, crazy, bickering, loving, kindest, smartest, most successful drug addicts that I know have formed a great big family that will always be around no matter where you go. Even though you are leaving, you will never be gone. Your memory and your words will live on forever. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors and I know that you will continue to extend that hand to all that you meet. As always Robert...my best to you!
    Melissa

CARA1336 is offline New Member

Im a so sad to see this i am new here and have so many questions and have been reading posts for a while now just never joined. i wanted to join wanted to basically just so i could get advice and was hoping he could help me with his method of coming of subs and different questions i have i know all of u can help but i am saddened by reading this considering he seemed like such an inspiration to many...God Bless
    gr8ful likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CARA1336 View Post
    Im a so sad to see this i am new here and have so many questions and have been reading posts for a while now just never joined. i wanted to join wanted to basically just so i could get advice and was hoping he could help me with his method of coming of subs and different questions i have i know all of u can help but i am saddened by reading this considering he seemed like such an inspiration to many...God Bless

Dear Cara,

Welcome to the forum. Fortunately, there's ample archives on this forum to find all of Robert's 16,000+ posts. I'd be willing to bet he's answered your questions somewhere here already! All you need to do is click on Robert's name, above any of his posts - and you'll get the option to "view forum posts" - and see ALL of them.

The post that would help you most with suboxone therapy is here: http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html This thread spells out exactly how to use suboxone - including how to taper down and off from them.

If you have any other questions, feel free to start your own thread and ask. Again, glad you're here.

God bless,
    Ruth
    Last edited by paulyboy; 08-14-2014 at 08:27 PM.

robert , u dont no me but i quit mdone on my own, after a yeaR on 100 , EVERYDAY, ur posts gave me the info to do it ,its been 7 days w/nada but weed. im back,,thanku !!!!!!! kyle aka crazyclearwater....

lilbri is offline Member

take care you ole fart. brian.

OKOKEO is offline New Member

My name is Karleen and I'm new to this stuff but I've been on sub therapy for 4 years!! @ 3 1/2 8mg subutex a day. I stopped the subutex two days prior to major surgery and after the surgery, NOTHING the hospital gave me helped. They sent me home with Roxicodone #30 tablets @ 30 mg each. I last used subtex 11/25, my surgery was 11/28 and today is 12/3. I have two little boys I'm trying to get better for and I don't trust my doctor...please...help. I don't know what to do from here...

cheeky is offline Diamond Member

omg first off your doctor is a nut keeping you on 28mg of sub a day. that is far too high.
    it may be a blessing in disguise that you have been switched to roxi's at this stage. i was a long term opiate addict and i only started on 12mg of subs. i will post a link for you on the taper protocol.
    gimme a minute and i will post. also start a new thread if you can. go to top left of the need to talk forum and you will see a button saying 'new thread'. you will get help.... this thread is for someone who has left, and not returning

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Goodbye Robert....You are an Inspiration to us all! I hope your Posts will forever remain here in the Forums for all to see! I cant even BEGIN to imagine the number of people you have helped here! I know I am One of them for sure!!!!!
    Thank you for everything my Friend!
    God Speed

Harry

Kris0809 is offline New Member

I wish you weren't done, there is one more person that would like your guidence! I am a 30yr old mother of a handsome 4yr old I do not want to bless him with the abuse that I was exposed to as a young adult. My mother died in 2004 before she begged me to attend meetings for families, I wouldnt go and I wish I would have. I wouldnt be where I am today. I started this horrible addiction after she passed I think it was because I had to much free time on my hands. I want my life back and to be able to give my son thelife he deserves. I am currently down to 1/4 in the morning and 1/4 in the evening and trying to kick this adderall habit I recently developed when I decided to seek help for the opiate addiction.. that was stupid.. I took my last adderall today I started tapering that this past week. I know I need to stop that before I begin the next step... i do know that i do not want to have to wake up everyday and take something so I can even begin my day.. I want to wake up happy and be able to cook breakfast and enjoy y mornings with my boy>>> he deserves the world.. to think I would never be like my mother.. anyways I could really use your advice... if you consider coming back !!

Welcome to the board Kris! There are many people here who can help you and support you. What are you on a quarter of? and do you mean .25? It would be best to start your own thread. Go to the top of the forum page and it says something about threads on the right hand side, click it and choose start thread. I can also make a thread for you! You are making a great choice, doing what you are! Yup, Yup, we can help you, several members here know the protocol:

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Peace,

Iloerose

3jag3 is offline Member

Robert, I wish you well. I've read your posts for over a year, and you always presented the exact right amount of compassion and lack of judgement. I came here to check on Bobby and Sickofit, but I won't post my progress due to not feeling like this is a safe, supportive environment for me. I hope that others can follow your lead so that they can really help people who need their help.

Best of luck!

Sickofit13 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3jag3 View Post
    I came here to check on Bobby and Sickofit,
    Best of luck!
    Hi Jag! I'm still here. This was day 25 for me. I'm doing well and I hope you are too. Everyday gets better once you get through the first 3-5! It was totally worth it. I feel so much
    better now and my husband and daughter are constantly commenting how different I've been. My daughter is so happy to have me back and really participating they way I used to. She still has no idea what my issue was. But I'm really well!

I haven't heard from Bobby...he got banned. I hope he's well too. I sometimes wonder if he followed through with his plan...I hope not. His thread is still there if you want to see the fall out.

I'm glad you're making progress and I appreciate you checking on me. If you ever feel comfortable with it, you could go back to your thread and give an update.

MissGizmo hasn't been back...not since her dads funeral which was roughly a month ago. I hope she made it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3jag3 View Post
    Robert, I wish you well. I've read your posts for over a year, and you always presented the exact right amount of compassion and lack of judgement. I came here to check on Bobby and Sickofit, but I won't post my progress due to not feeling like this is a safe, supportive environment for me. I hope that others can follow your lead so that they can really help people who need their help.
    Best of luck!

That remark was totally uncalled for, rude and insensitive. I have been in recovery for many years, plenty of time enough to return to school, become accredited and work in the substance abuse field for many years. This is a unique field of study, and you are hardly in a position to advise others on what kind of counseling is needed to bring about recovery.

It was clear on your thread that you wanted to do recovery your own way. You refused to listen to suggestions, even from those of us with expertise in the field. You wanted our sympathy for your ailments, and special handling for your vulnerabilities. And you wanted to continue to take one drug, to substitute for another - and were offended when we confronted you about posting while you were high. I'm sorry that there isn't a "warm and fuzzy" way to cajole a person into recovery; too much sympathy or compassion to an addict will keep an addict stuck - feeling like a victim. "Victims" indulge in self-pity, think themselves too "unique" to follow the usual rules - and generally, have a very hard time finding any lasting recovery.

Recovery is about growing up, maturing and dealing with the truth. I've known Robert a lot more years than you have, and I know that his approach is quite similar to my own. We do show compassion and caring, which I did with you. But we also draw the line when someone gets snarky about our help - refuses to listen to our suggestions or insults us for helping. We confront a person for their lies - to us or to themselves. Lies and secrets are part of the disease. I've seen Robert's reactions to these things many times. He is not a saint, and does not just sit back and allow anyone to steam-roll over him. As others will attest, Robert is not afraid to be blunt. That's part of why he is so successful in helping others.

If you don't like this forum, then don't come here. But do not just post random insults and barbs, and expect not to be confronted about them. There are folks here who have devotes endless hours of their own free time toward helping complete strangers to get clean. I do not come here to do anything but help the next person - and I'll be damned if you are going to belittle what has helped so many.

Ruth

.......Word......

insert Ignorance before the tag line Sweet Georgia Brown uses
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHaVc5i-Dzs

YoungJunkie is offline New Member

Robert. I hope you dont leave the forum. Im asking for your help getting off suboxone. I want to share my story and my most recent situation with my probation. I am drug court in michigan. they have recently forced me to get off suboxone. I cant help myself by taking more suboxone when i can get it. Help would be appreciated

cheeky is offline Diamond Member

robert hasnt been here for ages.... what you need to do is go back to the 'suboxone' section, and check out the box up the top marked 'make new thread' or something like that.. start yourself a new thread and you will get more responses on your own thread..

regarding your motives to get off suboxone, do you really want to ? or is it because you are being forced...? there are quite a few people here who are experts at this taper plan, but you have to want it. and it sounds like you are only doing this to get out of a bind... ive been where you are mate. but the odds of success greatly increase if yoiu REALLY WANT IT...

so, what dose are you on now..? are you a program, or under a doctor, or buying it off the street..?

youi need to give a bit more information. what is it you want from here. ? to do a taper plan..?

give up a bit more info, specially if you start a new thread... if you have any problems doing that. ask me. i can make you one... get back with us with that info...

hang in there
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-19-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Hey, young junkie, I have some experience with drug court in Mi. Explain to me exactly what is going on. Like Cheeky says: post in the suboxone section or if need be I'll make you a thread. But if they want you off, you best do as they say and figure a way off of it.

Peace,

Iloerose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast