I'm back & fell bad
    wondering is offline Member

Default I'm back & fell bad

Hi, haven't been here in awhile. last tme here I asked Dr to tapper me off oxycodone 15mg & soma. He sais "I didn'y need to that."
    weeks later I convinced him to puy me on something less stroge.So, for months now I have taken lortab, 7.5mg & soma, Labor day weekend I had a trip out of town & took more than my supposedly 3 pills each per day, to take care of the pain from riding for hours.
    Well, i am out of all meds , been tappering off & got to 1/2 pill per day (in a weeks time) two days ago was my last 1/2.
    I fee like ********************. I was hoping that tappering off would help it not be so bad.
    I want tp stop the meds , even tho I am in Pain, cause I know they are bad for the liver.
    My question, will I get worse from this point or not so bad , or what.
    worst part is me shaking inside & worse at night.
    My legs feel crwly . I was thing last nite I wondered if the benedryle (I take to help me sleep) was doing that "crwling" or what.
    Thanks for any up lift.
    I am gonna do it this time.
    Wondering

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by wondering View Post
    Hi, haven't been here in awhile. last tme here I asked Dr to tapper me off oxycodone 15mg & soma. He sais "I didn'y need to that."
    weeks later I convinced him to puy me on something less stroge.So, for months now I have taken lortab, 7.5mg & soma, Labor day weekend I had a trip out of town & took more than my supposedly 3 pills each per day, to take care of the pain from riding for hours.
    Well, i am out of all meds , been tappering off & got to 1/2 pill per day (in a weeks time) two days ago was my last 1/2.
    I fee like ********************. I was hoping that tappering off would help it not be so bad.
    I want tp stop the meds , even tho I am in Pain, cause I know they are bad for the liver.
    My question, will I get worse from this point or not so bad , or what.
    worst part is me shaking inside & worse at night.
    My legs feel crwly . I was thing last nite I wondered if the benadryl (I take to help me sleep) was doing that "crwling" or what.
    Thanks for any up lift.
    I am gonna do it this time.
    Wondering

The w/d symptoms are likely to last anywhere from four days to a maybe ten days. By then they should begin to feel better.

Just a few suggestions ... hot showers/baths are pretty good for restlessness and jitters. Help to relax you before going to bed with the leg thing. Some exercise, like a good walk, helps get your natural endorphine production going and will be a benefit to your overall sense of well-being. And sleep is normally one of the last things to improve. It took me about three months before I slept right again. If you are tossing and turning just get up. That is lots easier than to lay in bed kicking your legs and squirming.

We all react a little differently to the same drugs. Some people react just as you described to benadryl. If that was the only thing that was different when you began to have the symptoms you mentioned then more likely than not it was the medication. No sense to take it if it's causing additional symptoms. Have enough symptoms already without adding more. Hang in there. This is doable. Good luck and God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 09-12-2008 at 03:23 AM.

Default thanks

Robert_325,
    Thank you for your advice.
    I slept last night , just abt all night long w/out waking & had no leg crawling or jumping.

(I did not take any benadryle last night or anything to help me sleep) I did have a couple mixed drinks after supper, but those don't usually make me sleep.
    I am sore & stiff all over, but to me , that is the least of the symtems. I just got up , so I don't know really how I'm feeeling today. I pray this is the end or close.

To everyone who has withdrawed, Does your feelings/emotions change after you are clean? My husband , who , finnally understands or at least is trying to some what NOW, is being supportive to me w/this. (He asked me that Question. )
    So far, my emotions have been , I don't know , like I have been gone for a long time, & I have missed out on things. (even tho I was here) Make any sense?
    Thanks,

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Robert_325,
    I slept last night , just abt all night long w/out waking & had no leg crawling or jumping.

(I did not take any benadryle last night or anything to help me sleep) I did have a couple mixed drinks after supper, but those don't usually make me sleep.
    I am sore & stiff all over, but to me , that is the least of the symtems. I just got up , so I don't know really how I'm feeeling today. I pray this is the end or close.

To everyone who has withdrawed, Does your feelings/emotions change after you are clean? My husband , who , finnally understands or at least is trying to some what NOW, is being supportive to me w/this. (He asked me that Question. )
    So far, my emotions have been , I don't know , like I have been gone for a long time, & I have missed out on things. (even tho I was here) Make any sense?
    Thanks,

Emotions are a HUGE part of this. We have been gone for a while. Or at least you have been gone for a while if you are anything like I was when I was gobbling up oxy. It's not unusual at all for someone who is just cleaning up to have episodes where they are literally brought to tears. Think about what your body is going through. Stressed emotions are totally normal. It makes all the sense in the world. God bless.

KyleKW is offline New Member

Default Keep Going

You've read this before, but things do get better. As far as emotions go, I spent alot of day three and four during my detox crying for no reason. But, I got to the point, even in my recovery haze, when I thought how silly I was being, and began focusing on things that would help me through. Robert is right about getting up if you can't sleep. After three weeks of being clean, a good night's sleep is what I now crave. Laying in bed, your mind will take you to places where you maybe shouldn't go, like memories of pill popping euphoria. As mentioned in one of my previous posts, I started spending time on this site months before I actually stopped, cold turkey, taking my pain meds. So, keep coming back; you will get better.

hkyjon33 is offline Member

Default Hang in there....

Im on day 2 1/2 of vic WD and everything you are descibing is normal. The 1st WDs ive ever experanced was about 4 yrs ago. I didnt know whatthey were and why i had RLS, why is my body doing what its doing?!?!?! I WAS SO FREAKING SCARED. I even took 12-14 niquils along with alcohol DUMB MOVE!!! just made me RLS and WD just drowzy not to meantion i should have died if not for my tolorance to niquil back then (u know you all did it as a kid cold meds/pot/alcohol or Robotussin hallusinations LOL). i called up a friend of mine who had just got clean a few months earlier (donned on me day 5 w/o pills that that just may be it cause i had a script of emfor 3 months) and he reasured me that is was physical WDs and it will pass just like the flu or the cold. You just gotta stay mentally strong and have faith that there is light at the end of the tunnel. A wise woman once told me (you know who ya are Mel=P) take it 15 mins at a time if they are bad, than 30 mins, than 45 etc .... next thing you know it your laughing at something on the TV and tellng yourself "hey, this isnt that bad compared to how i felt".

I TOTALLY feel you on the feeling of not being there while being there. Thats been me for a while and it feel GREAT to be somewhat back (only 2 1/2 days but i feel this good now, how am i gonna feel tommarow?a week?a month?a year? It exsites me at the posabilitys b/c ive holed myself up for so long). My family, friends, wife all noticed the transformation to "the dark side" (hope George Lukus doesnt come on this site and if so plz dont sue!!!) and have already noticed my starting to come back. If there is anythin ican help you with, just ask. Talking is the best solution for me i found out and now i KNOW FOR A FACT this is my last detox and ive never felt better. Clicie but FREE!!! Keep mentally stron and keep mentally strong peeps around you. Smile, stay active, exsersize,go riding anything to keep your hopes up and your mind busy. Good luck and hang in there, and keep posting. God bless you =)

p.s. if a catastrophie happens where you cant reach a comp and need suport, a bible is always an option. Its worked wonders for me. The Lord helps those in need, all you have to do is ask. God bless you !!!

hkyjon33 is offline Member

I almost forgot, YES that is totaly normal to have emotional "waves" ive cryed 2 times already today =p But with every day clean, you will fell better and better. watch some stand-up comadey (spelling blows) i sugest Demitri Martin "Person"(name of act), or Jim Gaphagin, or EARLY (and i do STRESS early) Dane Cook (Disclamer: only listen to the 1st cd. Im not resposable if you go any further.....u think WDs are bad...sheesh..) MAKE YOURSELF SMILE by any means nessisary, even if its a movie, walk, talk, anything..hope any of this helps =)

Default I am doing OK , I think

Thank you , thank you to all who answered my post. I have been w/out anything for several days now , as I had said , i had been tapering off & now it's been a week w/out. I had some HELL days, but my hubby stood by my side & he has no clue as to how I felt, but he could see my pain.
    now, I feel better, didn't loose my mind, even had all the kids over for supper Sunday. . Only thing is, (strange)Today I don't mentally feel like doing anything, (interests) or going out. Today I feel kinda depressed or something. and also having some real pain & that makes me upset. (I really did & do have lots of physical pain)
    I had a tempation yesterday, someone who use to give me extra pills , told me they had me some & I told them no more. !!! It was tempting tho.
    I hope I never go back there.

Robert_325,

Thanks,

Anonymous Guest

HI wondering
    So sorry i diddent get in on this post,I diddent see it till now,I have been clean for about a month now,Things are really good for me,Im really living a normal life,I,like you have real pain to deal with on a dailey basis,but it is so much better doing it sober with no drugs,
    Like hky said, on the bad days try to push yourself to do somthing fun,try to laugh, It really will help,when i get sad,I like to listen to music,try to find anything that will get you moving,
    let me know if i can help