Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 62
Like Tree11Likes
I want to get off Oxycontin by using Methadone.
  1. #1
    OxyCrush is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    13

    Default I want to get off Oxycontin by using Methadone.

    Hello All, I am new here and this is my first post. Well I have been looking around for some good advise on how to get off Oxycontin. I have tried cold turkey and it didn't work very well because I have a full time job that I must have energy for, so I got ahold of some Methadone (3-40mg Tablets). Now my plan is to use up all of the Oxys I have left and then switch to the Methadone for about 4 or 5 days. I am hoping this will be long enough for my body to get over the Oxycontin. Oh yeah I fogot to mention that my habit is about 160mgs to 200mg a day. Now after the four days I am wondering if I will still have the body pains and aches from not having the Oxycontin and will I be able to work ok. My friend told me that I will be depressed for months, ouch!! I am not looking foward to that. Another concern I have is if I will get hooked to the Methadone I will be taking. I am hoping that 4 days of Methadone is not long enough to get hooked on it. If "ANYONE" has any advise for me or has been through this type of treatment please post back. I know everyone has heard this kind of story a million times here, but I dont have enough time to search for the answer that fits my exact treatment. So please feel free if anyone has information for me. Thank You all very much, Josh
    in hawaii likes this.

  2. #2
    fairygirl79 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Hi, I just wanted to reply to your question. Both my husband and I were doing 4-80's a day for 5 years before we decided to get into a methadone treatment. Now, what we did at 1st because we didn't want to jump from one train to the next is,we checked ourselves into the methadone clinic not knowing that it was just as hard to get oof til we talked to some people outside the clinic that had been there 11 years, some more. So we thought it was just like a month treatment and we'd be out. Well, it wouldn't! So what we did was we checked ourselves in that day from being sick for 3 days not being able to find anything,and we only let the dr. take us up to 40mg, 30mg is the blocking dose, meaning you have to have 30mgnot to crave anything, 10mg will take your aches away and all the withdrawal symptoms though.
    But, what we did at the clinic and they didn't recommend this to us, is we just kept detoxing from 40mg 5mg a week and it took us about 1-1/2month. Well, we were good for the first day, and then afterall we had met someone there that would sell it to us, so we did us an oxy, we thought well just one, well just one leads to more than one, you know that, so we ended up buying methadone from this lady for about 1 1/2 years and then checked ourselves back in. Now we have been there almost 4 years and it has saved our lives. But what you've got to think about is, "We are addicts, o.k. it's a disease just like cancer that only 15% of the world can get rid of", so that's why our little rapid detox didn't work. But now we have been clean for 3 years, we have a baby, debt free, etc. What more could you ask for coming from spending so much money a day and not having nothing. I wished i could sit here an explain it to ya, and everyone else on this site but i have no way to post the letter from my dr. on here because it's copied in my e-mail. If you want to read soemthing that's gonna tell you what your disease is and how it works,also something you'd want anyone in your family to read that doesn't understand, give me your e-mail address and i'll send it to ya.

  3. #3
    fairygirl79 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Hi, I will send it to ya right now, it's very, very intersting to you and to those immediate family memebers who don't understand why my daughter is a drug addict, etc.? Now you'll have something to show them, and it's statistics.

  4. #4
    kyhomegirl is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    118

    Default

    I'd love to hear the letter. I'm so sick of dealing with this everyday, and feeling like a worthless piece of _! I always wonder why me and try to understand this addiction. I'm so ready for it to be over!!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-31-2011 at 02:48 PM.

  5. #5
    fairygirl79 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Hey, kyhomegirl, I live in TN. but i'm originally from KY.,what part of KY. do you live? I used to live in a small town in eastern KY, called Pikeville. It's a small world, just wondering if that may be where you live?

  6. #6
    Ali-77 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Hi Oxy I want to say hi im pretty new here also
    When i first started useing it was oxy for about 8 months probable as much as you i went to a ho\spital and detoxed for 5 days with methadone 35mg 30 mg 25 mg all the way down to 0 mg and then was sent home. i was like Great now ill be my old self again everythings out of my system. That was no soo No your not addicted to the meth only agter 5 days but any longer you can get addicted but its really had to stay clean i just didnt feel right i had MAYJOR axieity and a really wierd feeling i couldnt sleep at all you really need a support system even further treatment such as a inpaicent that was the only thing that kept me clean for 3 yrs befor i had the recent relapes i was so dead set about relapeing after all i been thru never thought it would happen to me but it CAN happen to any addict. Now im on methadone maintaince for 6 months in going to try really hard to do the 6 months detoxbut if that doesnt work i will be ohn it for the rest of my life the other members r right it is a disease some DO have to take meds everyday .Also Fairy if your reading this i would like it you can sand the thing you want to post my way i have not yet told my mother about my relapes and meth maintanace she was so proud of me being clean for 3 yrs i dont want to dissappoint here but i dont wanna hid it either so maybe it can help me out in that department .
    Thnak you and i wish everyone well
    Alicia
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-31-2011 at 02:48 PM.

  7. #7
    kyhomegirl is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Hi fairygirl,
    I live in the suburbs of Louisville, your right it a small world, its
    nice to know your not the only one going through hell everyday isn't it? Of course I do believe other people have it worse than me. Like people in pain, I cant even imagine going through what they do. How did you like Pikesville? It seems like I read about that town in the paper every day, but I cant really remember what about. Thanks for the letter from your doc. I've always wondered why some people are addicts and others aren't. Now I know why!!!

  8. #8
    seenitall is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Try the Suboxone route.....it's getting a better reputation than Meth and everyone you talk to has everything good to say about it!....Including myself. It's done very privately usually out of a doctor's office.....no standing in line every morning for everyone in the world to see.(like meth clinics) Go to WWW.SUBOXONE.COM to find a doctor near you who is certified to prescribe this medication. Good luck!



    quote:Originally posted by OxyCrush

    Hello All, I am new here and this is my first post. Well I have been looking around for some good advise on how to get off Oxycontin. I have tried cold turkey and it didn't work very well because I have a full time job that I must have energy for, so I got ahold of some Methadone (3-40mg Tablets). Now my plan is to use up all of the Oxys I have left and then switch to the Methadone for about 4 or 5 days. I am hoping this will be long enough for my body to get over the Oxycontin. Oh yeah I fogot to mention that my habit is about 160mgs to 200mg a day. Now after the four days I am wondering if I will still have the body pains and aches from not having the Oxycontin and will I be able to work ok. My friend told me that I will be depressed for months, ouch!! I am not looking foward to that. Another concern I have is if I will get hooked to the Methadone I will be taking. I am hoping that 4 days of Methadone is not long enough to get hooked on it. If "ANYONE" has any advise for me or has been through this type of treatment please post back. I know everyone has heard this kind of story a million times here, but I dont have enough time to search for the answer that fits my exact treatment. So please feel free if anyone has information for me. Thank You all very much, Josh

  9. #9
    fairygirl79 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Hey KyHomeGirl, Yes you have been reading in the paper about Pikeville, KY alot. We've got the oxycotin rep way out of control. At one time they had to hire squad units from several different states to come in there because it was soooo bad. I mean honey, 80mg oxy's were and r still going for 120.00. Pikeville has been all over the news for the "Hillbilly >>>>>>" rise (thats what they were calling it) and it is a synthetic >>>>>>. The reason they were soo much money is because everyone in he town was doing them and it's just a town of maybe 1500 people, so only a few people had them, but kept em at all times, because they were getting them sooo cheap from other people that were bringing them in from out of town. I grew up there all my life until i got married and started figuring out that that was all that was there and we'd better get the hell out or we were gonna go to jail or overdose ourselves. But we moved to Sevierville,TN and they started becoming more popular here and we were getting them sooo much cheaper, needless to say if you live the life of drugs their gonna follow you,it don't matter where you go. I hope everything goes well for ya!!!! And i certainly hope you got some closer from the letter i sent to ya.

  10. #10
    Ali-77 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Holy **** 120 dallors for a 80 here in connecticut there going for 60 but most ppl have turned to hearion because of that. Back in the day 3 yrs ago when i first started useing pills to get high oxy was the thing for me and they were 30 dallors there. Its amazing what ppl will pay for them now!OH and FAIRY if your reading this i asked in another post maybe you ddint see it. Can i Please have what you were talking about the letter from your dr with the information you were talking about for family members. I hope its not a problem that im asking but you made it sould really interesting. Thank You !
    Alicia 27-conn.

  11. #11
    fairygirl79 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Hey Ali77, i sent the doctor's letter to you, didn't you get it? I actually sent you 2 different e-mails. What is your e-mail address again? Because I really want everbody who wants to know abou their addiction to read this!!![]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-31-2011 at 02:48 PM.

  12. #12
    Ali-77 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Yes i got it Thank you very much.I just signed on and saw that you sent another i will be looking at it in a few mins..It was a great letter and i will let my family read it too when im ready to tell them that i have decided to go on methadone. Thank you for your help!
    Alicia
    I will right you back later when i read the next e-mail you sent

  13. #13
    PatrickStar is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    6

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by fairygirl79

    Hi, I just wanted to reply to your question. Both my husband and I were doing 4-80's a day for 5 years before we decided to get into a methadone treatment. Now, what we did at 1st because we didn't want to jump from one train to the next is,we checked ourselves into the methadone clinic not knowing that it was just as hard to get oof til we talked to some people outside the clinic that had been there 11 years, some more. So we thought it was just like a month treatment and we'd be out. Well, it wouldn't! So what we did was we checked ourselves in that day from being sick for 3 days not being able to find anything,and we only let the dr. take us up to 40mg, 30mg is the blocking dose, meaning you have to have 30mgnot to crave anything, 10mg will take your aches away and all the withdrawal symptoms though.
    But, what we did at the clinic and they didn't recommend this to us, is we just kept detoxing from 40mg 5mg a week and it took us about 1-1/2month. Well, we were good for the first day, and then afterall we had met someone there that would sell it to us, so we did us an oxy, we thought well just one, well just one leads to more than one, you know that, so we ended up buying methadone from this lady for about 1 1/2 years and then checked ourselves back in. Now we have been there almost 4 years and it has saved our lives. But what you've got to think about is, "We are addicts, o.k. it's a disease just like cancer that only 15% of the world can get rid of", so that's why our little rapid detox didn't work. But now we have been clean for 3 years, we have a baby, debt free, etc. What more could you ask for coming from spending so much money a day and not having nothing. I wished i could sit here an explain it to ya, and everyone else on this site but i have no way to post the letter from my dr. on here because it's copied in my e-mail. If you want to read soemthing that's gonna tell you what your disease is and how it works,also something you'd want anyone in your family to read that doesn't understand, give me your e-mail address and i'll send it to ya.
    can you send me that literature that assists family members in understading our disease? please send to [deleted]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 11-27-2008 at 06:18 PM.

  14. #14
    eyesbrown is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I am new her also and am wonting to switch off the methadone to suboxone.I did get addicted to meth.suboxone would be a better route since you are on a short acting opiate

  15. #15
    anono2 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Josh,

    Read the information here.dpeg.org/treatment/methadone_withdrawal.htm
    and when you are done, wisely read it again. You can kick your habit if you want it badly enough.

    Fairygirl79,

    I'm very interested in the letter your Dr. sent you. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-31-2011 at 02:48 PM.

  16. #16
    anono2 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    41

    Default

    lol this post was in sept. oops

  17. #17
    Anonymous Guest

    Smile Seriously Confused!

    Hello, this message is mainly for the woman who responded to this original post. She said she had an email with information on what differentiates an addict from a person not generally susceptible to addictions. I would really like to know because I am currently going through the same exact thing that everyone else is. It's absolutely terrible. It's crippling, debilitating, depressing, hopeless, constant, expensive....just the worst...

    The thing is that I don't do any other drugs and I never have. I don't smoke cigarettes, I hardly drink. I don't even like coffee. I've always been a very active person, super healthy, I come from a very loving and supportive family and I have a huge support system.

    So then, why in the hell am I hooked on OC? I'm only doing 40mg, but that's everyday, without missing a beat. I got on these when my boyfriend introduced me to them close to 6 months ago.

    Simply, I had tried them initially for recreation. It felt good and I liked the euphoria. But alas, 6 months later and close to $7,000 down the tube and I'm left in a full blown addiction now. I can't even believe this has happened to me, but I know I can kick this!
    (Now, just venting)
    I just need to either get myself into a methadone clinic (although I heard its better to try suboxine (sp?) rather than methadone because apparently it's very easy to become "hooked" on the methadone, supplementing the oxy's?) I don't want to be hooked on ANYTHING ELSE as you can imagine.
    So...to make a long story short. I've signed up for my local clinic...I'm actually on a waiting list because here, in the San Francisco bay area...we have a 3 month waiting period because of the amount of people addicted to this sh...!
    So, in the meantime, while waiting (for 3 months) to start my clinical therapy, I'm just going to try and cut back as much as possible, detox with natural herbal treatments and try not to let my boyfriend (who also withdraws without oxy) to in any way tempt me to get "just one more"(and vise versa).
    So, that is the plan.
    Well, that and HOPEFULLY the woman who posted the reply to this post would be so kind as to email me as well? I know it must be a pain for her to keep emailing everyone...so if anyone else has her information and could email me, it would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you for your posts everyone. It's been, if anything, inspiring.

    Sincerely,
    Sophia

    Also, just for your information. I've heard that, predicted, oxy will surpass crack cocaine on the streets by 2011. Pretty sad huh?
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-31-2011 at 02:49 PM.

  18. #18
    gettingthere is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    38

    Default

    the initial post on this thread was in 2005--and the last was in 2006...I don't know if they are still out there

    suboxine is addictive--you really need to do your homework on the two drugs.

    I was on methadone (oxy's for about a year and then methadone--total of nearly a lost decade! (but I've been methadone free for over a month now!)

    Methadone Maintenance Clinics--no longer than you have been using and the amount--I would RUN not walk away from mmt!

    suboxone is a TOOL to be used for a shorter duration--from what I've seen and what I've read, finding a good doctor that fully understands suboxone is hard to find.

    I'm not implying that you should or should not go the suboxone route; I AM saying make sure you fully do your homework before deciding which route to take. Personally, if I had it to do over, I would NEVER touch methadonee! But thats just me.
    Make an informed decision. Read, read, read--especially on this forum. These people have "been there, done that" and they have really good advice. For me, almost every time that I have a question I can sign on to this forum and within an hour I'll have the answer.

    Cold turkey: there are people on this forum that have been successful going the cold turkey route.

    Good luck in whatever you choose to do.
    MickiMouse likes this.

  19. #19
    UserReady is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    61

    Default to myphia

    I just did a cold turkey..i am 6wks. clean Now !!
    I did oxy for alot longer than you, plus vics....total time 3 yrs. C/t is do-able!

    Have you considered just doing c/t? I hate to see someone go to a methadone clinic!! Its just another drug.! and you don't sound like you need it.
    think it over pleeezzz
    MickiMouse likes this.

  20. #20
    bev49 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    queens, ny
    Posts
    678

    Default

    I woudl think long and hard before going the methadone MAINTENANCE route. When meth maintenance first started (at least here in NY) in the '60s you HAD to be a IV >>>>>> user and prove it. It was never meant for pills. The reason being that people on the clinic STAY on the clinic for years. There are methadone detox clinics where they bring you up to a relatively low dose and after 60 days start bringing you down. They give you 4 months to detox and then you're off. If you choose methadone, I would go the detox route, not the maintenance route with your history. Methadone maintenance should only be used as a last resort, when all else fails. There is tapering off DOC, there is cold turkey, there is subutex, there is methadone detox, and then and only then methadone maintenance. I talk from 30 some odd years of methadone maintenance experience.
    in hawaii likes this.

  21. #21
    in hawaii is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4

    Red face

    YOU CAN DO IT!!,,I can tell you what I went though,I was taking 180 oxy 15mg and 180 norco,and 60 valuim is what the doctor gave me for my pain,I am 110lb..but I Did not want to live like this,I knew i had pain,but not enough for that many pills.I always took as doc said,Sometimes 2 at once never 4-6.,one morning i woke,took my pills,2 norco,2oxy..and started my day..i started drinking with them,and I am a model,And I want to save my soul and looks,I didnt want to be that drug addict.I know I will always fight it.But I prayed to god to help me to stop,I didnt know how he would help me,just help!!!,,and that night,I got a DUI..I was under the limit,but they took me to jail,and all my pills,I just happend to go that day,and get all them,and the cop asked if i could have anything to alter my eyes,i said what i take,and he said where are they,and he knew i was not high on them because my puipuls.eyes..He never said anything in the report about them,they are just gone!!!,and I knew it was a sign from god!,I usally dont carry all thos in my car.I Went in to withdrawl bad!,I took methadone that i had for 5 days.it just prolonged it,I went cold turkey,I have never been in so much pain!,i could feel the blood flowing though every vessel in my body.I had one friends help.and its hard because my mom takes norco and oxy..(she wont tell me she takes oxy,but i can see it,)she drinks as well...I had a friend tell me to get colonidine and visterl..it really helped!..I called the doctor and told him I dont need the meds anymore.AND THAT WAS A BIG STEP.GOT NO CREDIT FROM MY MOM OR FAMILY,I JUST HAVE TO TELL MY SELF ''YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!''..but i not going to lie,,I have taken norco 2 a day now for a few weeks..and a 5mg oxycodone,.here and there(my dad got me hooked on those years ago.so I kinda alone on this road.I will not let my self get out of control.of get hundreds of pain meds!.but I FEEL LIKE I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO AND TELL ME KEEP STRONG AND STAY CLEAN.I TOO EMBARRISED TO GO WALK IN TO NA.SO I WAS HOPING SOMONE ON HERE WILL GIVE ME THE.''KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK''AND ENCOURAGE ME TO GET OFF OF THE FEW I AM TAKING AGAIN OF THE NORCO.I FEEL WAY BETTER OFF ALL THOS PILLS!.BUT WITH A MOM AND DAD WHO TAKE THEM,AND A STEP DAD WHO IS A DOCTOR,ITS REALLY HARD!!..PLZ SOMEONE STAY BY ME!!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-31-2011 at 02:49 PM.

  22. #22
    Fcgaels321 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    244

    Default

    hi hawaii...welcome to the forum....it sounds like you have taking a huge step into recovery but >> definitely like to hear what you are currently on? it sounds like you are still taking some pain meds but not nearly as much as you used to...keep staying strong and you will be over these pills in no time! look forward to hearing back
    in hawaii likes this.

  23. #23
    yezdegerd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    867

    Default

    This post is many years old sir

  24. #24
    in hawaii is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fcgaels321 View Post
    hi hawaii...welcome to the forum....it sounds like you have taking a huge step into recovery but >> definitely like to hear what you are currently on? it sounds like you are still taking some pain meds but not nearly as much as you used to...keep staying strong and you will be over these pills in no time! look forward to hearing back
    I barley now how to use this form..I am hawaii..the girl who posted.I have support from ANYONE!..ONLY GOD!.PLEASE HELP ME STAY STRONG.I am trying my best!..I dibble dabble with a few norcos..and few oxycodone..its my will power that is keeping me from going back to the doctor and getting hundreds...I took a few methadone my friend gave me..yesterday..and nothing today.I am trying!..PLEASE DONT GIVE UP ON ME!.I AM TRYING!

  25. #25
    phoenixfly is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    302

    Default I won't give up on you!!!!:)

    Quote Originally Posted by in hawaii View Post
    I barley now how to use this form..I am hawaii..the girl who posted.I have support from ANYONE!..ONLY GOD!.PLEASE HELP ME STAY STRONG.I am trying my best!..I dibble dabble with a few norcos..and few oxycodone..its my will power that is keeping me from going back to the doctor and getting hundreds...I took a few methadone my friend gave me..yesterday..and nothing today.I am trying!..PLEASE DONT GIVE UP ON ME!.I AM TRYING!
    I know from my own experience that the dabbling is going to lead right back to where you were at. If you have the willpower not to go to the doc, perhaps you may consider an NA meeting? I know it's tough to get the courage to go, but you'd be in a room full of people who totally understand where you're at since they have all been there. I find that experience very helpful when you feel so alone. You're not alone - trust me. And the stories in NA you'll hear will sometimes be your own but also sometimes be what your story could become. For me, it's a really good reminder that "yes, things CAN get worse!" And it always starts with the dabbling, in my experience. Just a thought - NA isn't mandatory, but it sure has helped me. It's given me a lot of relief and helped me give myself some credit - something you need to do too since you're obviously trying to help yourself. Just a thought. Regardless of what you choose, I'll be here to cheer you on. Kendra
    in hawaii likes this.

  26. #26
    Fcgaels321 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Hi Hawaii...keep staying strong...what kind of pills and at what dose are you currently on? I haven't seen you on here in awhile and just want to check in and see where your at...if you want to beat this then you will...there are plenty of very smart people on this site that can help you, but you have to want it!
    in hawaii likes this.

  27. #27
    phoenixfly is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    302

    Default Hi Hawaii

    Quote Originally Posted by in hawaii View Post
    I barley now how to use this form..I am hawaii..the girl who posted.I have support from ANYONE!..ONLY GOD!.PLEASE HELP ME STAY STRONG.I am trying my best!..I dibble dabble with a few norcos..and few oxycodone..its my will power that is keeping me from going back to the doctor and getting hundreds...I took a few methadone my friend gave me..yesterday..and nothing today.I am trying!..PLEASE DONT GIVE UP ON ME!.I AM TRYING!
    Hi Hawaii, I agree that it would be great to know what you're currently taking - NO ONE will judge you. Are you still taking a few here and there or are you taking more than that daily? If we knew that, you could get either on a taper schedule or the support you need to just stop. I know how hard it is. I was prescribed ridiculous amounts for an injury and then when that stopped, I started getting them other ways. It's a tough addiction to beat when you are all alone. I know that feeling, for sure!!! But, I've found incredible support on the forum and I know the people here can help guide you in for safe landing. I don't mean to push NA on you - whatever works to get you off the pills is what matters the most! I saw a girl I knew in high school recently and she has really changed (not in a good way) because of drugs - she went from coke, pills and then to shooting dope. It was clear to me that it could easily be ME...I don't want to lose my life and looks to this stuff either. We can help each other but it's important to know where you're at exactly. No judgement from anyone here - we're all in the same boat! Hope you are doing better today. Kendra
    in hawaii likes this.

  28. #28
    in hawaii is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default Thanks for helping me.In Hawaii...

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfly View Post
    Hi Hawaii, I agree that it would be great to know what you're currently taking - NO ONE will judge you. Are you still taking a few here and there or are you taking more than that daily? If we knew that, you could get either on a taper schedule or the support you need to just stop. I know how hard it is. I was prescribed ridiculous amounts for an injury and then when that stopped, I started getting them other ways. It's a tough addiction to beat when you are all alone. I know that feeling, for sure!!! But, I've found incredible support on the forum and I know the people here can help guide you in for safe landing. I don't mean to push NA on you - whatever works to get you off the pills is what matters the most! I saw a girl I knew in high school recently and she has really changed (not in a good way) because of drugs - she went from coke, pills and then to shooting dope. It was clear to me that it could easily be ME...I don't want to lose my life and looks to this stuff either. We can help each other but it's important to know where you're at exactly. No judgement from anyone here - we're all in the same boat! Hope you are doing better today. Kendra
    .....THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!..I Did not take anything today..I Took 3 norcos yesterday,,and a 5mg percocet.and 2 valiums.(I Mostly take for a ringing in my ears,),,from pills I think...I was taking 4 norcos and 15-20 mg of oxycodone...So I am really Trying!,.TODAY!.NOTHING!!..ITS ONLY 8:30am..and my back Hurts I am sad feeling..Crying Etc...Sneezing..I think I am starting to feel the withdrawl from me cutting down..I was off Compleatly,..(bad spelling)..I Just stopped the 180 oxy 15mg..and 180-norco..cold turkey..worst!!..I thought i was going to Die!..I Know That If I can stop all that!,and cancel my script..I Can do It!..With the little amount I dabble With,.But I hear you!.It will soon not work.and only need more!.I want to get clean!..I just am so a shame to walk into a aa or na meeting..I feel like i have no friends..and family..for support.THANK YOU ALL FOR STICKING BY ME!.I want to Be off it all!.I know what to do..Take LESS AND LESS!..not MORE!

  29. #29
    in hawaii is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bev49 View Post
    I woudl think long and hard before going the methadone MAINTENANCE route. When meth maintenance first started (at least here in NY) in the '60s you HAD to be a IV >>>>>> user and prove it. It was never meant for pills. The reason being that people on the clinic STAY on the clinic for years. There are methadone detox clinics where they bring you up to a relatively low dose and after 60 days start bringing you down. They give you 4 months to detox and then you're off. If you choose methadone, I would go the detox route, not the maintenance route with your history. Methadone maintenance should only be used as a last resort, when all else fails. There is tapering off DOC, there is cold turkey, there is subutex, there is methadone detox, and then and only then methadone maintenance. I talk from 30 some odd years of methadone maintenance experience.
    I have Read up on methadone..And it bulids in the body..and people die from withdrawl..Your better off cutting your dose of what ever you take little by little!!...I Have used a few here and there,no more then 5 days..EVER!!!..and you can take a ten mg...and feel it for 36 hours..I have a friend that called a few months ago,and he has been on them for years.He said he wished someone warned Him..Because He want to drive into a brick wall because he cant take the pain!!,.Theres really nothing to get you off of methadone!.Or subutex,,..If i was you!..Cut down!!..dont take that everyday!..or most people die from withdrawl or have to do the wisemen method..its a gnarly drug,,If used properly..for Max 5 Days..can really help someone..But never take more then 20mg in a day..its just not safe!!...Good luck!.And I heard if you are addicted to 5 mg or 60mg..no Diff in withdrawl.its bulids in the body!.and bone marrow.Plz be careful!..I Have taken a few 10 mg in a day.,.but never for more then 4 days!.Good luck!..I would Say!..Please dont get addicted to THAT!.OR YOUR REALLY IN BAD SHAPE!!!.GOOD LUCK!..KEEP US POSTED!

  30. #30
    maisie51 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi!
    My son is currently going through withdrawals from oxycontin, he just fell off his methadone treatment program. I would love to have a copy of your doctor's letter.
    I'm looking for any and all help that I can get to help my son get through this hell that he's going through.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-31-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22