Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
I want to do this right... Anyone?
    winged eagle is offline Advanced Member

Default I want to do this right... Anyone?

Hi All,
    I've been lurking and reading as many threads as possible for a while now, was feeling reluctant about starting my own thread, but I guess I'm at the point where outright support would really help me get through this ordeal.

Quick summary: Long history with addiction, from alcohol, to pills, to the pits of >>>>>>. I got over every other addiction, but the opiates were my undoing. Long story short, latest stint with H was for a year, haven't taken any since last Friday (8 days ago). Initially used methadone for 3 days (started at 60mg, decreased it down to 5), then waited two days and started subutex. I didn't want to take a lot (had a bad episode last year, which was what pushed my back into H, didn't taper correctly), but ended up feeling really bad for a couple of days anyway (not precipitated withdrawal, just not enough sub), so finally gave in and stabilized at 4mg (which I guess isn't so bad, all things considered).

I want to do this right this time. And Robert, Melinda, everyone here, it would be an honor if you could help me through it. I've read enough threads to know how it goes. Stabilize for 4 days, decrease by 25%, etc, preferably in two doses. I think what I'm really looking for is the emotional support I've seen here, and I'm definitely not underestimating the power of this forum.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as all over the place, but this is a first for me. I live in Lebanon, in the Middle East, and there is absolutely NO HELP here with a situation that is frankly getting way out of hand. The numbers of addicts are insane, >>>>>> is too easy to get, and support too hard to get a hold of. There is no doctor I can go to (at least, not without running the risk of ending up behind bars), and the Subutex I acquired is through some friends in Europe. I have enough to do a proper taper, but I'd like to get through this as quickly as possible. Any support, any advice, any post would be a lifesaver.
    I am sooooo ready to be clean. I just need the help to get me through this the correct way.
    Thank you for reading through this long post.
    Thank you for helping so many people who need it.
    Just thank you.

Anonymous Guest

yup you got it right matey,

reduce your dose by 25% roughly every 4 days. i hear ya about the >>>>>> being so available, and cheap, in scotland, its cheaper to by a hit of >>>>>>, that a packet of cigarettes, go figure, its shocking, heaps of really younguns gettin hooked into it as well.

all the best
    cheeky

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by winged eagle View Post
    Hi All,
    I've been lurking and reading as many threads as possible for a while now, was feeling reluctant about starting my own thread, but I guess I'm at the point where outright support would really help me get through this ordeal.

Quick summary: Long history with addiction, from alcohol, to pills, to the pits of >>>>>>. I got over every other addiction, but the opiates were my undoing. Long story short, latest stint with H was for a year, haven't taken any since last Friday (8 days ago). Initially used methadone for 3 days (started at 60mg, decreased it down to 5), then waited two days and started subutex. I didn't want to take a lot (had a bad episode last year, which was what pushed my back into H, didn't taper correctly), but ended up feeling really bad for a couple of days anyway (not precipitated withdrawal, just not enough sub), so finally gave in and stabilized at 4mg (which I guess isn't so bad, all things considered).

I want to do this right this time. And Robert, Melinda, everyone here, it would be an honor if you could help me through it. I've read enough threads to know how it goes. Stabilize for 4 days, decrease by 25%, etc, preferably in two doses. I think what I'm really looking for is the emotional support I've seen here, and I'm definitely not underestimating the power of this forum.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as all over the place, but this is a first for me. I live in Lebanon, in the Middle East, and there is absolutely NO HELP here with a situation that is frankly getting way out of hand. The numbers of addicts are insane, >>>>>> is too easy to get, and support too hard to get a hold of. There is no doctor I can go to (at least, not without running the risk of ending up behind bars), and the Subutex I acquired is through some friends in Europe. I have enough to do a proper taper, but I'd like to get through this as quickly as possible. Any support, any advice, any post would be a lifesaver.
    I am sooooo ready to be clean. I just need the help to get me through this the correct way.
    Thank you for reading through this long post.
    Thank you for helping so many people who need it.
    Just thank you.

Eagle ....... I'll help you but tell me how much subutex you're taking, how long you've been on it, and how much do you have to do this with. If I understand correctly you're taking 4mg of subutex daily? Is that correct? I know laws in Lebanon will get you locked UNDER the jail. It's not a good place for being caught with drugs.

You need to be at that initial dose you stabilized at for about a week to ten days. Then we can do the taper of 25% every four days or so. If you start tapering too fast you'll go into w/d as you're still detoxing from the opiates for a good week at least.

Keep me posted how you're doing and I'll be happy to help you. If you bought meds in Europe what mg doses do you have? I know France has .2mg and .4mg and other countries have different doses. So tell me what you've got to work with so I know how to instruct you.

Our times are off about twelve hours or so I believe. It's 7:30 PM where I am right now. What is your time? So we'll have to be patient with each other regarding replies with the time difference. But I'll stick it out with you if you'll just let me know the details I asked you about. Just be patient with me and trust me. I won't tell you anything that will hurt you. God bless.
    ohithurts likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

a handy site for me bein on the opposite end of the world to heaps of you guys, is world time zone maps, its awesome, tells you what time where, including daylight savings, use that.

i use it all the time to see who is at what time where.

cheeky

Robert and Cheeky,
    Thank you so much for responding
    It's now 10:20am here in Beirut and I took my first 2mg of sub at 9 this morning.

Robert, I have 8mg pills, 4 boxes, which makes them 28 pills. More than enough, right?
    Yesterday was the first day I stabilized at 4mg; I stopped about 9 days ago and my first sub sliver was on Thursday afternoon (3 days ago). I was being stubborn and refused to take much, which basically meant I kept withdrawing like crazy until yesterday afternoon. I just didn't want to start this journey on a higher dose, because I wanted the taper to be shorter. Not smart, I know But hey, seemed to work in the end, though like I said, had to suffer for it.
    I really, really hope the 4 mg will be enough today. Will keep you updated by this afternoon (local time) when I take the second dose.

I just want to say here that you are a true inspiration, both of you.
    Robert, I've seen you help so many countless others for over a year and a half now; knowing that this is just something you do as a volunteer blows me away.
    Cheeky, your thread has been one of the major ones I'd been sticking to the past week. Something about your gumption, your cheek (great name, by the way, really suits the person I discovered through your posts) gives me hope that this can be done.
    I know you're struggling on that last tiny bit, but with all the crazy stuff happening around you, I admire your strength: YOU ARE A WINNER.

Robert, I'm not sure if I'm too late, but I guess congratulations are in order. When I read you and Melinda had found each other it almost made me cry happy tears

I do have a bit of an annoying question, and I'm not trying to be pig-headed about it, just very curious:
    H withdrawals (the worse of it, anyway) don't last longer than a week or ten days. How long before someone gets hooked on the subs? And if the time allows it, why aren't subs used in the very, very short terms, just as pain medication and then stopped, before dependency?
    Again, I apologize for taking your time with questions that you've probably heard a million times, but I've researched everywhere and I can't seem to find the answer to the above.

I'm in your hands, will do as you say, but I'm an extremely academic kind of person who takes a huge interest in every stupid detail of any medical journey, so let's just say it's to satisfy an urge
    Thank you, thank you so much for taking the time.
    You guys truly rock!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    a handy site for me bein on the opposite end of the world to heaps of you guys, is world time zone maps, its awesome, tells you what time where, including daylight savings, use that.

i use it all the time to see who is at what time where.

cheeky
    Cheeky,
    Beirut is two hours + from London, i.e. if it's 10am here, it's 8am there
    Like you, we're in the future here from our friends stateside

Anonymous Guest

sure am in the future matey, its 8pm on sunday night here, oh man, its nearly monday again, that came around fast.

dunno bout your question, i have heard of a rapid two week detox using subs, but the main thing with taking more time is to stop the crazy addictive behaviour, and start to do some positive changes in our lives.
    well thats what i reckon anyway,
    cheers for the compliments, yeh i try and give back what i got in the early days,

hope today, coz it must be around 11am, no 9am, ah dunno right now, but it must be sunday morning for you, hope it goes well for you on 4mg.

sounds like you did your research first, so you got 28 x 8mg pills, awesome, that should be plenty enough, seeing as the doses are always goin down the way,.

cool, see ya cheekie,
    from
    og cheeky
    lol

Hey Cheeky,
    I'm fine with a fast detox, my mental state and conviction about staying the h-ll off this stuff can't be stronger,believe me, plus I have the right system in place, with all the wrong people out of my life, to make it possible. But I will listen to what Robert says about it. If he can get me through the rapid way, I'm all for it. Read somewhere he wanted to do that with Melinda, but the thread didn't run longer than a couple of posts and I figured it was done in a more private setting between them, but I'm curious: did it work?

I'm not feeling that great right now, but it's really nothing unbearable, and I'm going to stick it through till the afternoon dose.
    Yes, it's Sunday morning (well, more like noon) here and I dread going back to work Monday. This past week was the first time off I took in four years, and as you can imagine, the last time I saw the outside of my front door was over 9 days ago. But, again, don't want to whine over something that, in the grand scheme of things, really isn't so bad.

About to take a long, hot shower. That should take care of the chills for a while at least.
    Thanks for responding so quickly. You're a doll (please tell me I didn't just make a huge faux pas and you're male! Though I'm pretty certain you're not, right?)
    Cheers and God bless you all.

eagle ....... I can guide you through a two or three week detox. It's just doing things a quite differently than what we normally do. You're right that Melinda and I just kind of did it privately over two week or so period. It was a personal thing for us that I chose not to share on the forum.

Here are my honest thoughts on taper plans. Most people are at risk for relapsing no matter how long the taper is. But the odds increase dramatically on a two week sub therapy program. Melinda had a good year of clean time, had NO desire PERIOD to be taking any pills,( she divorced her previous husband over him not being willing to get clean) she was only taking the pills because she was recovering from a major surgery, she was totally involved in church and was working an ongoing recovery program. She was someone that I didn't feel was as prone to relapse as most people. I'm sure you see what I'm saying.

Most people who do this taper are getting clean to salvage a marriage, a job, handle legal problems, etc ..... they are being forced to get clean rather than doing it by choice for themselves only. So these people will relapse 95% of the time minimum on a two week detox or even a longer taper. This is a very personal thing and we need to do it for the right reasons if it's likely to be successful.

It's not my business why a person chooses a short or longer taper. I will say that too long is as bad or even worse as too short a taper. It's the reason for using subs that is important. Subs are not a miracle drug. Those who are successful using subs would have gotten clean with or without the subs as they're just a tool to assist us. So that is the most important factor in determining the length of a taper. "Why am I doing this?"

It's a fact that being stable 6-8 weeks on subs will allow your brain receptors some time at least to start naturally producing endorphines again that help dramatically in the process whereas in two weeks you're JUST BARELY past the original opiate detox you started out detoxing from. Our minds are usually still all over the place usually after only two weeks. It's not too much more than a cold turkey when you add up all the factors involved.

It's simply a matter of stabilizing yourself (just lke on the normal two month taper plan) we usually recommend. Then we go ahead and suck it up with some of our symptoms and are very agressive in how we approach the taper. Common sense tells us there will be some symptoms to deal with for most of us as we aren't allowing time for any bumps in the road whatsoever.

Think about it and if that is what you decide to do I can give you a couple of ideas but I can't lay out a specific plan as there just isn't enough time permitted. You're own your own for the most part except for the rah-rahs you'll get from others cheering you on. Personally I don't recommend it for whatever that means to you. Let me know if I can help. Bod bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    eagle .......

Here are my honest thoughts on taper plans. Most people are at risk for relapsing no matter how long the taper is. But the odds increase dramatically on a two week sub therapy program. Melinda had a good year of clean time, had NO desire PERIOD to be taking any pills,( she divorced her previous husband over him not being willing to get clean) she was only taking the pills because she was recovering from a major surgery, she was totally involved in church and was working an ongoing recovery program. She was someone that I didn't feel was as prone to relapse as most people. I'm sure you see what I'm saying.

Most people who do this taper are getting clean to salvage a marriage, a job, handle legal problems, etc ..... they are being forced to get clean rather than doing it by choice for themselves only. So these people will relapse 95% of the time minimum on a two week detox or even a longer taper. This is a very personal thing and we need to do it for the right reasons if it's likely to be successful.

It's not my business why a person chooses a short or longer taper. I will say that too long is as bad or even worse as too short a taper. It's the reason for using subs that is important. Subs are not a miracle drug. Those who are successful using subs would have gotten clean with or without the subs as they're just a tool to assist us. So that is the most important factor in determining the length of a taper. "Why am I doing this?"
    Hi Robert,
    I appreciate your honesty, and I can understand: you don't know me, you don't know what kind of system I have in place, none of that has been shared, so let me put it this way:
    I didn't stop because of any of those reasons. I have lots of money. I have no legal problems. I have not been forced into stopping. No one even knew I was on anything. I didn't miss a day of work, I didn't do a single thing (other than use, of course) that I am ashamed of. I did not lie, cheat, cajole, or do any of the usual tricks in the time I had this latest relapse. I was clean for YEARS before last year's stupid mistake, which got me into sub without guidance, which got me back into H. I don't ever want to touch any of this stuff ever again. There was NO NEED for me to stop other than the reason I did: I don't want to live on anything. I don't want to depend on anything.
    I'm an athlete, I get my high the good old fashioned way.
    I left my fiancé a few years back because HE wouldn't get clean (after years of sticking by him and getting into the habit myself). The reason I had a relapse last year was also due to major surgery. At one point I even begged the doctors to stop giving me morphine every four hours like they were doing.
    I know I'm an addict (have a history after all), but I had truly gotten myself out of it and managed to be clean for so long.
    I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm only concerned with sub dependence later, and after the week I've already put in I just thought I'd paid up the price a bit and couldn't imagine going through anything remotely similar in two months when trying to jump of subs.
    I know your success rate is amazing, but that's my point: I got off the H because I don't want to depend on anything, and that includes sub. Yes, in a moment of weakness I succumbed to the sub three days ago, but I was just wondering if there was a way to keep it to the bare minimal.
    Again, I've read enough to respect your method, and my decision to come out in the open and ask for your help had been decided months ago.
    I have a system in place already: therapy, gym, support, work, and staying away from all the usual haunts.
    I think I can make it, but I want your help.
    Can we compromise? I'll do as you say if you'll try and trust that I can do this fast (not too fast, but please nothing more than 3 weeks).
    Sorry about the long post; I'm a writer, and many times can't seem to keep the words at a minimum
    God bless you for all you're doing.

Robert,
    I just took the second dose of 2mg.
    Basically, I think I'm stable at 4mg a day, but will wait till later or tomorrow to let you know for sure.
    Please don't give up on me. I trust your advice, just wanted you to know a bit about why I'm stopping, and how much I want to get clean
    Shall I try reducing tomorrow, or should I wait a couple more days?

cherdox57 is offline Senior Member

Hello Winged-Eagle
    You appear to be very determined in your quest to get clean and that is fantastic. From all the threads I have read here Robert is amazing at getting people tapered the right way. I know you want to do this fast but you also want to do it the right way.Avoiding the least possibility for relapse. Please listen to Robert and what he tells you to do especially because you don't have a doctor to go to. I wish you the best and hope with all my heart that this works for you.
    It still astonishes me that the internet allows us to communicate all over the world. Technology gives Robert the opportunity to help so many people from all over by the internet. Were you born in Lebanon or are you there because of your work?
    Good Luck and Take Care
    Cherdox

Robert,
    I just took the second dose of 2mg.
    Basically, I think I'm stable at 4mg a day, but will wait till later or tomorrow to let you know for sure.
    Please don't give up on me. I trust your advice, just wanted you to know a bit about why I'm stopping, and how much I want to get clean
    Shall I try reducing tomorrow, or should I wait a couple more days?

Eagle ...... it doesn't sound like you're sure of the dose you are stable at. So that is first on the list to start you at a stablizing dose, we will have to determine that,whatever it may be. The method, or process, is more important than the dose. Think about it this morning.

My wife and I are just about to leave for church and will not be back after Bible study class and then church services until 1:00 or a litle after CST. Let me know what dose you can maintain on comfortably after thinking seriously about it and I would stay at that dose a couple days or so depending on you to get some continuity to all this for your body. Then we can begin an agressive taper and see how you do.

I can make this as agressive as you are able to handle. But it's critical to start you out at a dose that is stable for you and move forward from there. We'll talk later in the day and see what you think.

Just shoot straight with me and we'll put something together where you have a chance to be successful. Talk with you later in the day. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 08-15-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherdox57 View Post
    Hello Winged-Eagle
    You appear to be very determined in your quest to get clean and that is fantastic. From all the threads I have read here Robert is amazing at getting people tapered the right way. I know you want to do this fast but you also want to do it the right way.Avoiding the least possibility for relapse. Please listen to Robert and what he tells you to do especially because you don't have a doctor to go to. I wish you the best and hope with all my heart that this works for you.
    It still astonishes me that the internet allows us to communicate all over the world. Technology gives Robert the opportunity to help so many people from all over by the internet. Were you born in Lebanon or are you there because of your work?
    Good Luck and Take Care
    Cherdox
    Hello Cherdox
    Thank you for the encouragement, and believe me, I know how amazing Robert and his method are
    As for my background, where do I begin? Hehe... Ok, my mother is Armenian, my father Jordanian. I was born in Syria, grew up the first ten years in Saudi Arabia (not as bad as you think, was in an American compound, school, didn't even know Arabic till we moved to Lebanon when I was about ten or so). I've lived everywhere, but consider Lebanon my home. Basically, I'm a mutt. But hey, Obama made hybrids cool, no?
    What about you, where are you from?

Eagle ...... it doesn't sound like you're sure of the dose you are stable at. So that is first on the list to start you at a stablizing dose, we will have to determine that,whatever it may be. The method, or process, is more important than the dose. Think about it this morning.

My wife and I are just about to leave for church and will not be back after Bible study class and then church services until 1:00 or a litle after CST. Let me know what dose you can maintain on comfortably after thinking seriously about it and I would stay at that dose a couple days or so depending on you to get some continuity to all this for your body. Then we can begin an agressive taper and see how you do.

I can make this as agressive as you are able to handle. But it's critical to start you out at a dose that is stable for you and move forward from there. We'll talk later in the day and see what you think.

Just shoot straight with me and we'll put something together where you have a chance to be successful. Talk with you later in the day. God bless.
    Agreed.
    Yes, still not sure about the stability of the 4mg, but will definitely keep you updated as we go along. At the moment, as I mentioned, took second dose of 2mg about 3 hours ago. I'm not insanely doing great, but really, not bad at all.
    I'll be straight with you. There is absolutely NO reason to lie. Why would I? It would be like lying to myself. I want to be clean and I want to be clean for ME. So, honesty all the way.
    Seems our timings are a bit out of whack: it's almost 5:30pm here, so most of the time you're online I'll hopefully be asleep, but hey, have always been an insomniac, so I think we'll somehow sync up.

You're already married? Mazel tov! I must have seen a much earlier thread about your engagement and didn't know you'd already taken the plunge
    Hope you have a very pleasant Sunday and time at church.

By the by, been meaning to tell you. I hadn't eaten in a week and two days ago, all that talk about your lasagna sauce and you being a gourmet chef got me so hungry I actually ate So, thanks for that as well!

Best from Leb...

Hi Robert,
    It's 9pm here, and in the interest of full disclosure, I took a tiny sliver (I believe less than 0.5) about an hour ago, i.e. 5 hours after the second dose of 2mg. I know, I know, naughty me, nothing more than 2 doses a day, but I'm still trying to figure out the stable dose, and I'm hoping it's nothing more than 4, 4.5 a day. It just seems to be a better place to start a shorter taper than a higher dose, and I don't mind the bit of discomfort that comes along with it.
    Instead of going up a bit, I'd rather suffer a tiny bit more a couple of days to keep the start off point at this manageable amount. So, let's say 5 days to a week on this (sure to get me stable by that point, right?) Then, you tell me when and how to do a decrease, and I'm telling you your instructions will be followed thoroughly.

I have a massive headache at this point (not dehydration, I've made sure of that), so it could just be a simple headache, but you know us detoxing, every ache and emotional bump is attributed to that, even when it isn't

I'll try and log on later to check up on any responses, but looking at the screen at the moment is making me see triple (which usually I wouldn't mind, hehe), but it's not that fun without >>>>>> coursing through my veins, so I'll just scrap it up to too much reading and let it go at that.

I do have a question: Read in numerous places that Neurontin helps with the cold bones feeling. Do you have any reliable information on that? I'm not thinking of using it now, just later when jumping off. If anyone else out there reading this can answer the above, please do chip in, very open to any responses I can get.

Cheers everyone, I'm getting into my jammies and about to watch a movie (eyes permitting). Will check in later.

wrencher99 is offline Member

Hey,i read somewhere about that neurotin but i cant find it rite now.It could have been on this other board that i am on,they dont get the traffic like this one though.
    Anyways hang in there and keep fighting like us other ones and everyone that needs to overcome that beast,its gonna be soo worth it.PEACE.

Default Hi Winged Eagle

Hi there
    I am 57 years old and originally come from New York. Moved down to Florida 14 years ago. I miss New York and all that it has to offer versus Florida. Miss the seasons, so hot here. Right now I am trying to detox using Suboxone after a 7 -8 year use of oxy's and morphine which I started when I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and spinal stenosis. Just got way out of hand using 225mg combo of both. Trying to start a new life with a grandson on the way, trying to date for the first time since my husband left me 4 years ago and losing 45 pounds since November. Doing a make-over as you would say. Dating is rough since I am using the internet dating sites and I am not thrilled finding someone that way. It is a whole different world since I was in my teens and early twenties. Glad you are trying to get stable and then do the taper. I have a thread on here if you care to read it. I try to journal each day and read other threads. It has helped me so much. You take care and will check in on you. Good Luck with everything.
    Cherdox

Thanks for the responses chedox and wrencher,
    It's 8:00am here in Beirut. I'm about to go to my first day of work in a week. I'd been dreading this, mainly because I work in advertising and it's not what you might call a laid back kinda atmosphere, demands are fast, furious, nonstop... just don't know how I'll cope. But we do, don't we? We just do.

Robert, just took my first 2mg dose, second at 3pm here. I didn't take anything further than what I stated yesterday (about 4.5 in all). I hope you're not feeling peeved off at me or anything, though I realize you have a full life, and a lot of demand here, but I thought I'd see a post from you by now.
    Haha, you can say that's the paranoid addict in me, so I'll just leave it at that :P

Cherdox, your story got to me, but you sound like you're ready for whatever life throws your way, so hats off for forging ahead, especially in the internet dating world, it's not as easy as it seems!

I doubt I'll be able to log on while at the office, but will check in later tonight (local time).
    Have a great day/night everyone.

Thanks for the responses chedox and wrencher,
    It's 8:00am here in Beirut. I'm about to go to my first day of work in a week. I'd been dreading this, mainly because I work in advertising and it's not what you might call a laid back kinda atmosphere, demands are fast, furious, nonstop... just don't know how I'll cope. But we do, don't we? We just do.

Robert, just took my first 2mg dose, second at 3pm here. I didn't take anything further than what I stated yesterday (about 4.5 in all). I hope you're not feeling peeved off at me or anything, though I realize you have a full life, and a lot of demand here, but I thought I'd see a post from you by now.
    Haha, you can say that's the paranoid addict in me, so I'll just leave it at that :P

Cherdox, your story got to me, but you sound like you're ready for whatever life throws your way, so hats off for forging ahead, especially in the internet dating world, it's not as easy as it seems!

I doubt I'll be able to log on while at the office, but will check in later tonight (local time).
    Have a great day/night everyone.

I'm not "peeved" at you. Just keep me posted and I will help you any way that I can. God bless.

Hello!
    It's almost 8pm here and I JUST got back from the office. It was worse than I thought, over 300 emails and briefs to go through and see to. I wasn't feeling too poorly, though. By afternoon, some of my colleagues were probably wondering what I was on: I've always been extremely hyper, but today was kind of ridiculous
    Robert, took my second 2mg dose at 3pm local time (i.e. 5 hours ago). So far, so good. Lots of energy to spare, so if anyone would like a hit of adrenaline, just holler out lol... I know you don't need to check in on me every single second, especially the days I'm stabilizing. So, let me know when you'd like me to try a "drastic" (50%? more?) decrease, and I'm ready.
    Hope all's well with everyone.

wrencher99 is offline Member

Hello!
    It's almost 8pm here and I JUST got back from the office. It was worse than I thought, over 300 emails and briefs to go through and see to. I wasn't feeling too poorly, though. By afternoon, some of my colleagues were probably wondering what I was on: I've always been extremely hyper, but today was kind of ridiculous
    Robert, took my second 2mg dose at 3pm local time (i.e. 5 hours ago). So far, so good. Lots of energy to spare, so if anyone would like a hit of adrenaline, just holler out lol... I know you don't need to check in on me every single second, especially the days I'm stabilizing. So, let me know when you'd like me to try a "drastic" (50%? more?) decrease, and I'm ready.
    I holler lol,lol lol.I hear ya,this time thing i dont like it.its 1:19 here,anyways sounds like you had a good day my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by wrencher99 View Post
    I holler lol,lol lol.I hear ya,this time thing i dont like it.its 1:19 here,anyways sounds like you had a good day my friend.
    After the year of numbness? H-ll yeah it was a good day!
    Here's hoping you feel this surge of energy soon, my friend. And it will be soon, just hang in there
    All the best!

Hello!

eagle ....... I'm very pleased that you're doing well. It's what I expected of course, but it makes me happy to hear none the less.

I really wish you would think about this seriously. I have done this a long time and with LOTS of people. The people who are most successful do a little longer taper than we've discussed. I know what I'm doing and would never tell you anything that would compromise you. Especially with this not being about you having no money, or a problem like that, I promise that I won't string you along until you're physically dependent on the subs.

Starting at only 4.5mg that is a great dose to begin the program at. I would really like to see you do this over about a six week timeframe. It will be in your best interest and so much more comfortable for you.

Think about what I've said and share your feelings with me. You're obviously bright so just think about what I'm saying logically. I wouldn't do anything to harm you ever! But I can make this so much more mentally, physically, and emotionally bearable for you doing it over a six week period rather than 2-3 weeks. That little bit of extra time will give you a lot higher chance of being successful without relapsing and you won't have to worry about becoming physically dependent in that amount of time. I know all of this is fact I promise.

Give it some thought. I would like to see you stay at the 4.5mg dose for 4-6 days depending how you feel. Then we should reduce you down to 3mg (that's well over the 25% reduction I usually recommend) for four days. I hate to see you be anymore agressive than that. Dropping 1.5mg is a big drop. Let me know what you think. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 08-16-2010 at 12:33 PM.

eagle .......

I promise that I won't string you along until you're physically dependent on the subs.

... and you won't have to worry about becoming physically dependent in that amount of time. I know all of this is fact I promise.
    THAT, that right there, Robert, is what I was waiting to hear.
    You say it, I believe it. I just needed you to spell it out.
    I don't want to be dependent on anything. Smoking is next. I want to be able to leave the world just as I entered it: FREE.
    So now you said it, and I'm saying this:
    I trust you.

One question, just to be on the safe side (since getting Subs here is near impossible): Will 28, 8mg pills be enough for the 6 week taper?
    According to my count, yes. But, call me Thomas, sometimes I just need to hear it to believe it
    I trust you.
    I didn't need to think about it. I just needed you to say the above.
    Let's go. I'm sooooo ready

THAT, that right there, Robert, is what I was waiting to hear.
    You say it, I believe it. I just needed you to spell it out.
    I don't want to be dependent on anything. Smoking is next. I want to be able to leave the world just as I entered it: FREE.
    So now you said it, and I'm saying this:
    I trust you.

One question, just to be on the safe side (since getting Subs here is near impossible): Will 28, 8mg pills be enough for the 6 week taper?
    According to my count, yes. But, call me Thomas, sometimes I just need to hear it to believe it
    I trust you.
    I didn't need to think about it. I just needed you to say the above.
    Let's go. I'm sooooo ready

Your decision makes me very happy and relieved. It also made me laugh when you said,"Call me Thomas, sometimes I just need to hear it to believe it." Not everyone would know what you meant obviously unless they knew the story of Thomas the Disciple of Christ and how he had to be personally shown the holes in Christ's body after the resurrection before he believed it had actually happened for real. I wondered about your religious background (though it wouldn't matter to me helping you) being from your part of the world.

We should be okay with 28 8mg pills. It will be cutting it pretty close but we'll be as agressive as we can, especially in the beginning, where the reductions will be larger amounts than when we taper at small doses.

Keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.

Your decision makes me very happy and relieved. It also made me laugh when you said,"Call me Thomas, sometimes I just need to hear it to believe it." Not everyone would know what you meant obviously unless they knew the story of Thomas the Disciple of Christ and how he had to be personally shown the holes in Christ's body after the resurrection before he believed it had actually happened for real. I wondered about your religious background (though it wouldn't matter to me helping you) being from your part of the world.

We should be okay with 28 8mg pills. It will be cutting it pretty close but we'll be as agressive as we can, especially in the beginning, where the reductions will be larger amounts than when we taper at small doses.

Keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.
    Of course I knew you'd get it
    And I know my religious background wasn't going to be an issue, I've read you long enough to know you help people because of YOUR faith, not theirs.
    Let me know in advance (way ahead, Robert, please) if I need to get my hands on more subs. As I said, near impossible, but I might manage if lucky at some point.
    Bless you!!

Of course I knew you'd get it
    And I know my religious background wasn't going to be an issue, I've read you long enough to know you help people because of YOUR faith, not theirs.
    Let me know in advance (way ahead, Robert, please) if I need to get my hands on more subs. As I said, near impossible, but I might manage if lucky at some point.
    Bless you!!

I think 28 pills will be sufficient. But if you do happen to run across some however it wouldn't hurt to grab about 5 or 6 more just to be safe. It's obviously better to be safe than sorry! Then I know we'll have plenty and it won't become an issue farther down the line. Take care and God bless.

Thanks so much Winged-eagle for reading my thread. I am so sorry you lost your mom when you were so young. Hope you have a mother figure that you can turn to for advice. My husband(we are still legally married due to financial reasons but he does not live with me ) is just a real a$$hole. I truly feel he is bi-polar. Has been smoking weed since 18 and I think it has effected his brain. Unfortunately I need him to run our UPS Store. He can be nice when he wants. But most of the time I get the brunt of his anger. Not a pleasant situation.
    You are right. I am getting rid of being a slave to the meds and to the doctor who gave it to me.I know it is my fault as well as the doctors. I feel so much better off of them.The Suboxone has made such a difference. I feel like me again. Maybe I will be able to meet a nice man once this is done and start a new life. One filled with love and happiness.
    Meanwhile I am in turn rooting for you. I know we both can do this. Robert will get you clean the right way. He has helped so many on here. That is what gave me hope. All the success stories and staying away from the horror stories. I was so scared.

Robert I sincerely hope by now you are all better. Is the staph infection completely gone? Now you can continue your honeymoon with Melinda. Stay Well
    Cherdox

Today 04:07 PM
    cherdox57 Thanks so much Winged-eagle for reading my thread............................................ .......

Robert I sincerely hope by now you are all better. Is the staph infection completely gone? Now you can continue your honeymoon with Melinda. Stay Well
    Cherdox

Cherdox ......... Thanks for your well wishes. I still have a few days of meds left but I'm starting to feel better. It's been a rough two weeks. I know things will be better in a matter of days. Hope all is well with you too. God bless.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast