Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
I want to do this right... Anyone?
    winged eagle is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Today 04:07 PM
    cherdox57 Thanks so much Winged-eagle for reading my thread............................................ .......

Robert I sincerely hope by now you are all better. Is the staph infection completely gone? Now you can continue your honeymoon with Melinda. Stay Well
    Cherdox

Cherdox ......... Thanks for your well wishes. I still have a few days of meds left but I'm starting to feel better. It's been a rough two weeks. I know things will be better in a matter of days. Hope all is well with you too. God bless.

Robert, I'm sorry, I had no idea you were having health problems! And here I was, "help me, that hurts, where'd you go, whine, whine, whine" :P Sometimes, in our own pain, we forget others'..
    Hope you feel better soon. Best to Melinda, by the way, am sure she's taking great care of you
    Will keep you updated on the stability of dosage, thanks again for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by cherdox57 View Post

Hope you have a mother figure that you can turn to for advice.
    How I wish I did...

The Suboxone has made such a difference. I feel like me again. Maybe I will be able to meet a nice man once this is done and start a new life. One filled with love and happiness.
    We all deserve love and happiness, and I am sure that person is right now wondering what's taking you so long to find him. Oh, and it could be really, really close

Meanwhile I am in turn rooting for you. I know we both can do this. Robert will get you clean the right way. He has helped so many on here. That is what gave me hope. All the success stories and staying away from the horror stories. I was so scared.
    Yes, this place is a lifesaver, with many decent, wonderful folk; what's best, they are where we are, and it feels good - no, it feel great! - to have people who understand you without having them enable you ( as our addict "friends" in the real world tend to do, those who simply won't stop). Besides, when you decide to quit and they still haven't and don't intent to, they really don't in all honestly understand you anymore, if they ever did to begin with.
    The people here do.

cherdox57 is offline Senior Member

Default Question for Robert

My doctor says you can split the pills in half and then in half again but CANNOT CRUSH them because you then release the Naloxone in the pill which is harmful.. My niece's doctor says you shouldn't even split the pills. Do you have an answer to this? Seems to me if you are able to split the pill, that in itself would release the Naloxone if that is true.Or is this a bunch of BS that the doctors are telling us. Very confused. Could not find any info about this on the web.
    Glad your feeling better.
    Cherdox

Robert_325 is offline Retired

My doctor says you can split the pills in half and then in half again but CANNOT CRUSH them because you then release the Naloxone in the pill which is harmful.. My niece's doctor says you shouldn't even split the pills. Do you have an answer to this? Seems to me if you are able to split the pill, that in itself would release the Naloxone if that is true.Or is this a bunch of BS that the doctors are telling us. Very confused. Could not find any info about this on the web.
    Cherdox

You can see I've got over 10,000 posts here and probably 75% of them are about subs. I'm working with people on four continents right now. If the smallest dose we have available in the USA is 2mg pills that would mean you have to jump off at 2mg which is totally ignorant.

Sub drs take a little course to get certified I could pass blindfolded. I'm not a dr but I've done this with God only knows how many people. My record here speaks for itself. How can it be okay to cut a pill but not crush it? That in itself should tell you that guy is off his rocker!

Do as you choose but I'll continue to suggest the same things I have for years that work. Most of the people here show up because of the wonderful advice their dr gave them about using subs. The choice on who to believe is yours. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Cherdox
    I'll let Robert answer that one more definitively, as I don't have any relevant info on Suboxone. I do know there is no problem splitting and crushing a subutex pill, but they do differ in that the latter doesn't contain Naloxone (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, anyone).
    Again, don't know, but interesting question nevertheless

Spoke too soon (or it is too late?), as I see Robert's already replied.
    Next time, I will wait at least a couple of seconds before jumping at the keyboard :P
    Told ya I was hyper!

Quote Originally Posted by winged eagle View Post
    Robert, I'm sorry, I had no idea you were having health problems! And here I was, "help me, that hurts, where'd you go, whine, whine, whine" :P Sometimes, in our own pain, we forget others'..
    Hope you feel better soon. Best to Melinda, by the way, am sure she's taking great care of you
    Will keep you updated on the stability of dosage, thanks again for all your help.

Don't worry about it. I seldom speak of my health issues. Sometimes I have to disappear if I don't feel well as I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Raynaud's Phenomenon, Fibromyalgia, APS(antiphospholipid syndrome which causes blood clots ..... I've had three), had five knee operations, deg disc disease, but I will go kicking when I go. My blood pressure is off the charts to top it off. The knees are from playing competitive racquetball for 25 years. Then this goofy staph infection hit me and knocked me for a loop. But I'm getting better. Thanks for the well wishes. And yes Melinda looks out for me. We just got married a few weeks ago so I don't plan on going anywhere soon. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 08-16-2010 at 05:42 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Don't worry about it. I seldom speak of my health issues. Sometimes I have to disappear if I don't feel well as I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Raynaud's Phenomenon, Fibromyalgia, APS(antiphospholipid syndrome which causes blood clots ..... I've had three), had five knee operations, deg disc disease, but I will go kicking when I go. My blood pressure is off the charts to top it off. The knees are from playing competitive racquetball for 25 years. Then this goofy staph infection hit me and knocked me for a loop. But I'm getting better. Thanks for the well wishes. And yes Melinda looks out for me. We just got married a few weeks ago so I don't plan on going anywhere soon. God bless.
    Man, what are you, a saint or something?
    I had major knee surgery and I considered that a serious milestone health-wise; now, not so much
    I hope you continue to conquer all these trials, you know the saying "what doesn't kill you.." and it seems in your case, yes, it's sure made you stronger.

You guys here are a true inspiration, all of you.
    Thanks for taking me into the fold. It feels good.

Man, what are you, a saint or something?
    I had major knee surgery and I considered that a serious milestone health-wise; now, not so much
    I hope you continue to conquer all these trials, you know the saying "what doesn't kill you.." and it seems in your case, yes, it's sure made you stronger.

You guys here are a true inspiration, all of you.
    Thanks for taking me into the fold. It feels good.

Not a saint, just trying to make a benefit out of my younger years. And God has been good to me, He saved someone like me!

I do hope to bring Him some glory in what I do even when I sometimes have to be harsh with addicts that won't listen to reason. We need to make the best out of what we get in this life and give thanks as it's just a short stop along the road of eternity.

God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 08-16-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Not a saint, just trying to make a benefit out of my younger years. And God has been good to me, He saved someone like me!

I do hope to bring Him some glory in what I do even when I sometimes have to be harsh with addicts that won't listen to reason. We need to make the best out of what we get in this life and give thanks as it's just a short stop along the road of eternity.

God bless.
    Well said, Robert
    Just checking in very quickly to let you know it's the AM here, just took my first 2mg and all's well.
    On a side note, and just cause I'm curious and not TOO worried:
    Have any idea what an upper chest pain (some pressure) could be? Sub/detox related? Never had one of those, and I've had it since before sleeping last night and now when I woke up (it's not too bad, not as bad as it was when I first noticed, but still there, so now I'm wondering).
    Let me know, anyone.
    Have a great day/night!

Well said, Robert
    Just checking in very quickly to let you know it's the AM here, just took my first 2mg and all's well.
    On a side note, and just cause I'm curious and not TOO worried:
    Have any idea what an upper chest pain (some pressure) could be? Sub/detox related? Never had one of those, and I've had it since before sleeping last night and now when I woke up (it's not too bad, not as bad as it was when I first noticed, but still there, so now I'm wondering).
    Let me know, anyone.
    Have a great day/night!

I'm not familiar with that symptom in the chest being sub related. I hate to advise when it's something I'm not familiar with. Watch it and if it gets bad see a dr. It may hopefully dissipate. God bless.

cherdox57 is offline Senior Member

Default Morning Winged Eagle

Sorry to hear you are experiencing some chest pain. I could only tell you when I tried to go cold turkey one of my w/d symptoms was some pain in the upper part of my body. More the muscle part of the chest on either side. Felt like spasms. I am getting that early in the morning now but barely noticeable. If you are worried please go to a doctor to make sure it is nothing serious causing that pain(pressure). Don't fool around. Otherwise I hope all is well with you. I did something maybe I shouldn't have but I felt so good at 3 days on 6mg instead of another day at 6mg I dropped to 4mg today. The doc wants me to stay at 4mg for 8 days but if I feel stable 4-6 days I want to reduce to 3mg and follow Robert's schedule as close as possible. I have read enough success stories to know it is so important how you finish this process. I don't know if my doctor will agree with me on how to finish going below 1mg. I hope so. Will ask if he would like to use me as his guinea pig LOL!!
    Have a great day
    Cherdox

Hello everyone...
    That was one tough day.
    It's 7:30pm here and I just got back from the office. I won't mince words, not feeling great, but nothing I can't handle. Pah! Stupid pains, stupid anxiety, stupid symptoms.
    Whatever. I'll live

Dragging myself out to dinner tonight, with some friends from abroad. They know what I'm going through, but I hope I don't monopolize the discussion and make it all about poor, little me :P

Robert, as planned, took my second 2mg dose a few hours ago. That's the second day I'm on that and only that (no slivers, nothing else). Just keeping you updated.
    I know you want me stabilized before we attempt a decrease, so I won't harp on about it. Just know that I'm one tough cookie and can handle moderate pains while blazing through the day.
    But I'll wait for your "go" before I do anything myself.
    The chest pain, unfortunately, is still there, but it HAS diminished, and it could simply be due to the massive amounts of smoking last week when I was withdrawing. I'll give it another day (having cut down on those bad cigs, of course) before deciding it's anything more serious

Robert, quick question: Does Sub interact in any way with Champix? Not sure if I spelled it correctly, it's medication to stop smoking, and I've been wanting to start it for over a year now, kept putting it off in fear of mixing. Let me know. perhaps Melinda can help, read she's a puffer herself

This forum has kind of snuck up on me. Last night I got disconnected for a few hours (router problems), and it was strange how anxious that made me. Addiction, to anything and everything. But, hey,as long as I channel this type of obsessive behavior towards exercise, this forum and other unharmful endeavors, all the better, eh?

I just want to crawl into bed, but will suck it up and go enjoy some time with people who love me. What better medicine than that?
    Peace everyone, catch y'all later!

Melinda used subutex while using Chantix and had no problems. I also ran a drug interactions check on the two medications and drugs.com information said there were no known interactions whatsoever. Hope that helps. God bless.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Eagle, Although I have not used subs ( i did CT), I just wanted to wish you well on your journey. Your attitude is great and that is powerful in and of itself. Not to mention Roberts ability to guide you. I am cheering you on... CA

Melinda used subutex while using Chantix and had no problems. I also ran a drug interactions check on the two medications and drugs.com information said there were no known interactions whatsoever. Hope that helps. God bless.
    That does help, thank you, Robert
    Ok, just stopped typing for a few moments because I found myself smiling. It makes me happy to know the cigs will go soon, too.
    I hope you're feeling alright yourself. It still gives me pause every time I think of all the health troubles you're going through and how strongly you cope.
    It helps, I'm competitive

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    Eagle, Although I have not used subs ( i did CT), I just wanted to wish you well on your journey. Your attitude is great and that is powerful in and of itself. Not to mention Roberts ability to guide you. I am cheering you on... CA
    Caughtagain, you don't know me, but I've read you
    Going CT is tough, it takes guts, especially when said guts feel like they're tearing out of you. Kudos on that.
    For me, going CT was very beneficial the last time I had a problem (years ago, after my mom died, tried to kill myself with tons of >>>>>>, but she/her soul/her essence - call it what you will - kept me safe, and then got me clean. Her death saved me, in a way); the combination of awakening to my mother's death and going CT made me think deep and hard, whilst feeling every thought in every pore, about what was crippling my personal progress. It worked, then.
    I guess some lessons need a brush-up course , if only to remind you that staying away for life is your best option...
    Sorry, didn't mean to go on and on about that.

Thank you for the encouragement. So much. I wish I felt a bit better right now, would truly enjoy this forum and interactions with all of you more, but a bad, bad backache is getting worse by the moment, so I'm giving sleep a go (it's quite late here anyway).
    Well, maybe right after I give a shout-out to some of the people on the threads I've been following Then I'll sleep.
    Again, so appreciate the post from you.
    Peace.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing some chest pain. I could only tell you when I tried to go cold turkey one of my w/d symptoms was some pain in the upper part of my body. More the muscle part of the chest on either side. Felt like spasms. I am getting that early in the morning now but barely noticeable. If you are worried please go to a doctor to make sure it is nothing serious causing that pain(pressure). Don't fool around. Otherwise I hope all is well with you. I did something maybe I shouldn't have but I felt so good at 3 days on 6mg instead of another day at 6mg I dropped to 4mg today. The doc wants me to stay at 4mg for 8 days but if I feel stable 4-6 days I want to reduce to 3mg and follow Robert's schedule as close as possible. I have read enough success stories to know it is so important how you finish this process. I don't know if my doctor will agree with me on how to finish going below 1mg. I hope so. Will ask if he would like to use me as his guinea pig LOL!!
    Have a great day
    Cherdox
    Cherdox, apologies my dear.
    I tried replying to you hours ago, before going to dinner, but the router is having problems again tonight, and it took me hours to get back online.
    Sweet, sweet of you to check in on me.

I'm also glad you feel alright; though please follow Robert's instructions. As I understand it, his success rate is directly proportional to how stubborn one is
    Will check on you on your thread.
    Hugs from Beirut.

Robert, a technical question concerning usage that just came up circumstantially:
    I have what seem to be withdrawal aches and pains, a cripplingly painful back, and of course, abdominal burning.
    Now what I would do is suck it up, go to sleep and take my morning 2mg dose. But I'm doubting this decision due to some of your own responses in which you say not addressing an issue now will only jeopardise the process later. My confision arises here: We hadn't decided on the exact starting dose, I believe, 4.5/4 (?) I've been taking 4mg since yesterday. Do I simply wait and get over it and take the same 4mg tomorrow, or are you still attempting to stabilize me first, i.e. would prefer me to stay on 4.5 and then go down?
    I was honestly going to sleep when this dichotomy (between what I'd do - not take - and what you may want) occurred to me. So I logged back on and am waiting for a response, hopefully you may see this soon (fingers crossed).
    Thanks.

Deleted17 is offline Member

Default Dear Winged Eagle :)

Hello everyone...
    That was one tough day.
    It's 7:30pm here and I just got back from the office. I won't mince words, not feeling great, but nothing I can't handle. Pah! Stupid pains, stupid anxiety, stupid symptoms.
    Whatever. I'll live

Dragging myself out to dinner tonight, with some friends from abroad. They know what I'm going through, but I hope I don't monopolize the discussion and make it all about poor, little me :P

Robert, as planned, took my second 2mg dose a few hours ago. That's the second day I'm on that and only that (no slivers, nothing else). Just keeping you updated.
    I know you want me stabilized before we attempt a decrease, so I won't harp on about it. Just know that I'm one tough cookie and can handle moderate pains while blazing through the day.
    But I'll wait for your "go" before I do anything myself.
    The chest pain, unfortunately, is still there, but it HAS diminished, and it could simply be due to the massive amounts of smoking last week when I was withdrawing. I'll give it another day (having cut down on those bad cigs, of course) before deciding it's anything more serious

Robert, quick question: Does Sub interact in any way with Champix? Not sure if I spelled it correctly, it's medication to stop smoking, and I've been wanting to start it for over a year now, kept putting it off in fear of mixing. Let me know. perhaps Melinda can help, read she's a puffer herself

This forum has kind of snuck up on me. Last night I got disconnected for a few hours (router problems), and it was strange how anxious that made me. Addiction, to anything and everything. But, hey,as long as I channel this type of obsessive behavior towards exercise, this forum and other unharmful endeavors, all the better, eh?

I just want to crawl into bed, but will suck it up and go enjoy some time with people who love me. What better medicine than that?
    Peace everyone, catch y'all later!
    I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I don't know much about your story, but from what I'm reading now, I can see that you are doing a great job.

You're always helping me, so I decided to check up on you to see what's up with you. Glad I did. I want you to know that I am here for you as well. It sounds like you are one tough cookie. Wish I had more of that in me. But who knows? Maybe I will gain more courage and strength throughout this process.

Hang in there, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by scaredandnervous View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I don't know much about your story, but from what I'm reading now, I can see that you are doing a great job.

You're always helping me, so I decided to check up on you to see what's up with you. Glad I did. I want you to know that I am here for you as well. It sounds like you are one tough cookie. Wish I had more of that in me. But who knows? Maybe I will gain more courage and strength throughout this process.

Hang in there, my friend.
    Why is it they don't have an emoticon for a hug when you need one??
    Carrie, thank you for your kinds words.
    Here's a little secret: I've found that those of us who are extremely sensitive can be extremely resilient. Just because you're on one side of the spectrum emotionally doesn't mean you can't kick ass on the other. I know you have it in you. You're going to surprise yourself. I expect it

Anonymous Guest

Hi Winged eagle
    I'm sorry I haven't been on the forum much so I missed when you asked about the chantex...I loved that stuff, I was dumb and started smoking again so I have to do it the hard way this time , but I loved that stuff for quitting smoking...
    It makes you dream a lot but I thought that part was fun I couldn't wait to go to sleep to see what I was going to dream about...my dreams were all good...
    Talk to you later, Melinda

Anonymous Guest

hey eagle, you could say im super sensitive, got a good heart, try and help others, yep,
    but i also have a tough side, rough tough cream puff i got called, heh heh.

yeh, we might be sensitive, but thats a good thing i reckon, and we can definately harden the eff up when required.

take it easy ay
    cheeky

wrencher99 is offline Member

Smile

Man,i hope you get better and knowing how tough you are can believe you will.
    I am a long ways off from you but you sound like a cool and very smart young man over there,Lol.I checked out your country and its beautiful over there,do yall have cash like the states and whats it really like there.
    Hang tough and holler when you need some burst of energy.

Deleted17 is offline Member

Default My dear Winged Eagle

Why is it they don't have an emoticon for a hug when you need one??
    Carrie, thank you for your kinds words.
    Here's a little secret: I've found that those of us who are extremely sensitive can be extremely resilient. Just because you're on one side of the spectrum emotionally doesn't mean you can't kick ass on the other. I know you have it in you. You're going to surprise yourself. I expect it
    Ya know, I believe you are right. I can become an extremely vicious mother tiger when it comes to my kids, so I can learn to apply that protective nature to myself. And in a way, I think I've started to do that through admitting my problem to those close to me and taking responsibility for it as well as seeking help for it. I am claiming the old me and I will be back with a vengeance.

It's nice to meet another extremely sensitive soul who is struggling just as I am. You are waaay ahead of me and you have become near and dear to my heart. You keep up the strength and courage and I will too. One for all and all for one!

LilMis is offline Member

Winged,
    Just wanted to say your in good hands with Robert! I just wanted to drop a few lines of encouragement!! Your doing good and You can do this!!!

LiLMis

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi Winged eagle
    I'm sorry I haven't been on the forum much so I missed when you asked about the chantex...I loved that stuff, I was dumb and started smoking again so I have to do it the hard way this time , but I loved that stuff for quitting smoking...
    It makes you dream a lot but I thought that part was fun I couldn't wait to go to sleep to see what I was going to dream about...my dreams were all good...
    Talk to you later, Melinda
    Melinda, good to hear from you, and congrats on your and Robert's marriage!
    I'm please with your report on those meds. A lot of my friends have already gone that way, and I so want to be where they are now: smelling things again, tasting buds exploding, head clearer, and now dreams? I love dreams!
    Hugs to you for the post. Have a great day/night

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    hey eagle, you could say im super sensitive, got a good heart, try and help others, yep,
    but i also have a tough side, rough tough cream puff i got called, heh heh.

yeh, we might be sensitive, but thats a good thing i reckon, and we can definately harden the eff up when required.

take it easy ay
    cheeky
    Cheeks, your constant check-ups do my heart good. I'd love us to one day have a one-on-one, you sound like an extremely fun person to be with. I bet we can raise h-ll, the good, clean way of course
    About to head off to the office. Have a wonderful rest-of-day there at the edge of the world and a big hug for you

Quote Originally Posted by scaredandnervous View Post
    Ya know, I believe you are right. I can become an extremely vicious mother tiger when it comes to my kids, so I can learn to apply that protective nature to myself. And in a way, I think I've started to do that through admitting my problem to those close to me and taking responsibility for it as well as seeking help for it. I am claiming the old me and I will be back with a vengeance.

It's nice to meet another extremely sensitive soul who is struggling just as I am. You are waaay ahead of me and you have become near and dear to my heart. You keep up the strength and courage and I will too. One for all and all for one!
    Carrie (I love your name, did I already tell you that?),
    We'll get through this together. No one's ahead of anyone here, we all took the right decision, and we're doing our best to get to that final end line: SUCCESS.
    You, my dear, I have great hopes for. And I'm depending on your speedy recovery. Perhaps you can, at some point, share more about the details of your studies, etc. I'd be very interested to know what those gray cells of yours are capable of (a lot, I suspect). And I love, just love a cerebral time with someone, so when you're feeling better and relaxed, let's get nerdy together
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by LilMis View Post
    Winged,
    Just wanted to say your in good hands with Robert! I just wanted to drop a few lines of encouragement!! Your doing good and You can do this!!!

LiLMis
    LilMis,
    Thanks for the unexpected words of encouragement. Every tiny bit helps, appreciate you dropping by my thread and leaving a kind word.
    Don't know much about why you're here, but will check up and you and I hope you're one of those brilliant success stories I've read on this forum.
    Best from Lebanon!

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast