I Need To Filter #3 codeine
    cherrybomb2600 is offline New Member

Default I Need To Filter #3 codeine

My doctor told me not to take tylenol cuz my blood test showed something wrong with my liver. I had been drinking a lot & didn't tell her.

Now the pharmacy needs me to pick up my #3's & I want some pain relief. My doctor gave me percadan, but they are gone too soon to ask for refill.

Please help!

evamarie is offline New Member

I drank heavily for years before quitting altogether and I also had Hep C which was successfully treated about three years ago. Needless to say I shouldn’t use T #3’s either.

I recently stopped using them almost completely but I was using 6 to 8 T #3’s daily for a couple of years until a few weeks ago. If I’m not mistaken it’s the Acetaminophen, more than the Codeine, that can be damaging to your liver.

In any case after about two years of using that many Tylenol #3’s my last ultrasound didn’t show any further damage to my liver. Just the other day a doctor at my local pain clinic said that because Tylenon #3’s can harm the liver that I should get regular liver function blood work done regularly to keep an eye on it if I continue using them.

You need to be told what the extent of your liver damage is. My liver function tests showed problems for years that my family doctor didn't deem worthy of investigation. Your liver function test can read on the low side just from having codeine in your system.

Hope this helps,

evamarie

Thank you, Eva Marie! I will find out this Friday, the extent of damage. But right this moment, I really need to know how to filter out the tylenol!

I already read here about crushing, disolving in water & using a coffee filter.

Anyone have a better way? Help please!!!

*feed your head*

evamarie is offline New Member

That’s probably not a bad way to do it. I used simmer a cup or so of water in a small saucepan and put the Tylenol 3’s into it and let them simmer. All the Acetaminophen floats to the top and you just skim it off with a spoon. What’s left is pretty much just codeine and it tastes like s**t.

evamarie

jjbellinski is offline Member

A lot of cough syrups here in Canada contain codeine. An old jailhouse method of getting the codeine out of the cough syrup is to tie a shoelace tightly around the neck of the cough syrup bottle and swing it around on the end of the shoelace. The centrifugal force of this action pushes all the heavy syrup into the bottom of the bottle and what sits right on top is all the codeine. It has a very bitter taste but it’s the real deal.

JJ

pharmd06 is offline Member

i have worked as a chemist while in pharmacy school and i can say that home methods of extracting codeine will just waste your time because you will loose so much codeine in the process. plus you will end up with more tylenol than you think in your "codeine". my point is, don't waste your time. talk to your doctor.

sweetchikk05 is offline Banned

I agree talk to your dr, not to sound rude or come off ignorant seriously its not my goal, but its rather obvious you havent been doing things right to take care of your body to begin with so why do you think filtering your codiene is the right thing to do? like the other guy said, you dont really know what youll be puttin gin your body and you could screw up **** worse, what I dont understand is if your doc is aware of your liver "problem" why would he prescrive tylenol with codiene, the tylenol wouldnt be good for you and i am sure he knows that hes a dr, unless your keeping it from him or getting it from another dr, your best bet would be to talk with your dr, thats what they are there for...

Liz ann

Sweet, your reply peally pissed me off. I'm not going to tell a long stoy about what my doctor knows about me. I did disolve my codeine in warm water & it worked out very well, thank you. I let the powder settle & drank down the rest.

You don't have an answer to my question, but you but into my thread and judge me. I don't know what word you mean when you type ****, but I'll bet you think it's naughty.[]

Pharm boy - you are wrong. I proved it tonight, on myself.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

No, Pharm is correct, he does have a Masters Degree in Pharmaceuticals, so he knows what he is talking about. Your method is very imprecise, you do waste a lot of codeine that way and get more Acetaminophen than you should. There are drugs on the market that are just codeine without the APAP, what is stopping you from asking your doc for them?

I have the funny feeling that sweet is correct and you are not getting these from your doc and he knows nothing about them.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

cherry....the word that was blocked was s h i t , I said you will screw up s h i t worse, my reply only pissed you off because its the truth and you dont want to hear the truth, you cant expect to ask for help and not expect someone to reply in the manner in which I did, I just think you are putting your health at risk is all, but hey do what you want your going to anyways and I dont believe that you want help, and just so you know, this website is for people that want help and want to discuss their problems, its not a website for you to ask on how to do drugs...use your head, oh wait you dont know how to do that, thats why you have the problems with your health that you already have, you dont know how to take care of your body, well no one here is going to be liable for you killing yourself by playing around with drugs, another thing, you contridicted yourself, you said you wanted to know how to filter it but then you also said you have already dissolved i nin water and got what you needed, so if you know what you are doing why do you want people to tell you how to filter it, god i mean if you cared abou toyurself at all, you would spend les time b i t c h i n g at others for trying to help you and more time talking with your dr so he can give you the help that you need, but like i said, from the sound of it you are in the wrong place, you dont sound like you want anyones help, you want to hear what you want to hear anything else just pisses you off, well I guess their is no hope for you, and by the way, I have every right as much as anyone else hear to reply to your thread, if you dont like it well the only thing I can tell you is TOUGH S H I T...

Liz ann

and one more thing, dont flatter yourself, I wasnt judging you, just simply stating the obvious, I am sorry that the truth hurts you so badly, I think you need more help than even a dr can offer you, do you have a drug problem? Are you addicted to pain killers? Maybe you should consider rehab if you are too embaresed to talk to your dr, you need some sort of help and you dont have to tell your whole life story to your dr to get help, the only thing you need to do is inform him about your liver problem, and if you truly are in pain and really need something for pain, then let him know you need pain medicine without acetimetiphene in it, they make medicines like that, if you cant do something as simple as that then you definately arent being hinest wth your dr, its either that or theres something you arent telling your dr and something your hiding from us as well, but a word of advice, tryingn to filter your own medicine isnt a very bright idea, you dont really know what you are putting into your body, seems to me it ould be a hell of a lot easier to make a drs appoinment and bring it up to your dr..I just dont understand people like you!!!!!!!