Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
Hydrocodone is the best antidepressant
    Anonymous Guest

Default Hydrocodone is the best antidepressant

I have been extremely depressed for years and on several different antidepressants with no releif. About a year ago I was given Hydrocodone for an accident I had and let me tell you, I have never been so happy. The world looked brighter, no pain, no emotional distress, and I had hope. Unfortunately I am unable to get the pills any longer. I do have chronic headaches but the doctors do not feel this is a reason to give Lortab. I am certainly no addicted but surely miss the happy feeling I had which enabled me to enjoy my life 100x more. Does anyone know of a site or a way to get this medication?
    any input would help.

tigerman is offline Junior Member

Have you ever tried St.Johns Wort?It's inexpensive and probably a 50-75% chance it will work.It has helped me in the past.It does take between 7-10 days before you'll notice a difference.
    Hydro will not make U happy in the long run for your depression,but if it is the only thing that works then do some doc shopping & explain it is the only thing that helps your migrains.Get in a scalding hot bath & take something out of the freezer & put on your head.If you can stand it,relief will come.

tarrant is offline New Member

everyones different so some meds wont work for others beside medication is not the awnser you could be stuck on them 4 life ive bene on meds 4 a year and if i miss a dose i fell high and weird all day

bentonville333 Guest

Hydrocodone might seem like the best anti-depressant.

After your body becomes dependent on it and you have to take it just to function you will no longer think its an anti-depressant and you will go down the hardest road of your life trying to get off of them. It might seem like a great A/D at first, but after getting addicted you will feel a larger depression then ever before.
    Last edited by bentonville333; 02-14-2007 at 04:57 PM.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Most doctors realize that opiates can releive depression but only for a time and then you get a rebound effect as you become tolerent to the opiate and have to either switch drugs or go to a dangerous amount.I was taking 3,000mgs of morphine a day and all it was doing was making me feel more depressed.When I first started 26 years ago on ****py darvocet,I thought it was the greatest drug there was for about 6 months and then it stopped working.......Dave

walnutj is offline Junior Member

No Lie, Hydrocodone is horrible, it is so hard to quit and then you can't go even one day without it.. your day depends on if you have the pills or not... then after a few months even when you take them you only feel the high for a little while then you feel depressed and realize you want to get off them but its too hard.... I got off them, but it was the stupid decesion to even start taking them.. They are horrible even though your doctor can perscribe them.. Please listen to us and find another method to help your depression... Good luck

thereshope is offline Junior Member

I have to agree that they make you feel good for a little while but the depression that comes when you don't have enough of them is worse than the depression you had before. Add anxiety into the mix and you end up really screwed up. It doesn't take long to be dependant. I highly suggest finding another way to handle depression. These pills are no joke.

poppy is offline New Member

can some pls advise me n how to stop taking codeine i want to come off it now..

poppy

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Lower your dose by tapering down and stop and be tough, there's no easy way around it.

Curiosity skilled the cat

However hard codeine is, hydrocodone's worse. And worse than that is percocet. After that - morphine. You can imagine the cycle. If you ever take step one - to get your pills off the street - you may follow the cycle.

Jesus Christ will help you through. -Betsy

oxyman24 is offline Junior Member

Percocet which is essentially oxycodone is way stronger than morphine. OxyContin is the most powerful painkiller and most abused painkiller in the U.S.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-12-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Seriously, oxyman, I know what I'm talking about. Morphine is stronger than Percocet. It's a MUCH more highly controlled substance, medically speaking. My uncle, who has rheumatoid arthritis which slowly dissolves the cartilage in your body, has been on morphine 80 mg since he was twelve. All of the druggies I know, if given a choice will prefer morphine to percocet any day of the week. Now, Oxycontin, which is NOT what I mentioned, is extraordinarily powerful, but I mentioned Percocet which generally contains a maximum of ten milligrams of oxycodone per pill.

Aprilskyzz is offline New Member

I don't know about all the other druggies, but I preferred oxycodone above all other opiods. Morphine did nothing for me. It did make me not go sick, but i felt nothing from it. I was prescribe dilaudid too and that did nothing for me. Percocets were the only thing that helped me. I was taking way too much of them and now I am on suboxone because i could not deal with the withdrawals.

All opiods are bad. That is the bottom line, Yeah they help the pain, but when you are out of your script, what do you do? You go searching for some. It's a nightmare.

Good luck to all that are trying to stop taking the opiods. It's a hard road, but you can succeed. I have been clean now for 3 weeks and let me tell you, it's hard and even with the suboxone, i am still craving opiods, but I have money in my pocket and it feels good.

April

Antiprepp1105 is offline Member

quote:Originally posted by betsy_still_tokes

Seriously, oxyman, I know what I'm talking about. Morphine is stronger than Percocet. It's a MUCH more highly controlled substance, medically speaking. My uncle, who has rheumatoid arthritis which slowly dissolves the cartilage in your body, has been on morphine 80 mg since he was twelve. All of the druggies I know, if given a choice will prefer morphine to percocet any day of the week. Now, Oxycontin, which is NOT what I mentioned, is extraordinarily powerful, but I mentioned Percocet which generally contains a maximum of ten milligrams of oxycodone per pill.

No hes right. Oxycodone is approximately 1.5 times stronger than morphine

So why is morphine so much more expensive than lortab and percocet on thes street? It goes for about $1/mg, whereas Percocet 10's go for about $3 apiece. Plus, morphine is in much higher demand. Why is that?

oxy-moron is offline New Member

Where do you live that Morphine costs $1/mg? I'm in one of the most bumf*ck areas of the country and they go for an absolute max of $.50/mg, mainly $.25/mg. As well Perc 10's go anywhere from $6 to $10 apiece. Hydro 10's anywhere from $5-$8 apiece. And this isn't even getting started on oxy's. I've seen them routinely go for $120/80mg and once even $160/80mg.

kdutton is offline New Member

Let me tell you from someone who is addicted to Lortab don't try and get it!!! You think it is all good and you just want to be happy but it will go muck further. I used it for the same reason about seven years ago and now I am trying anything to get off of it. Before you know it your taking 15 to 20 a day. Trust me go to a doctor and get on some antidepressants. It will save your life!!!

Keri Dutton

Ok seriously everyone who really cares which is stronger all I know is they are all horrible and stay clear of them if you love yourself at all!!!

Keri

Keri Dutton

Kansas City is the place where Percocet grows on trees, oxyman.

And I'm just about the most self-absorbed, conceited, vain individual I think I could be, and I still take opiate painkillers. I don't think how much you love yourself has to do with the pain medication you take.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Morphine is more expensive on the street because you can shoot it.Real addicts don't use ****py percocets man their shet.When I absolutely had to I would have to buy percocets and I would do 25 at once and then 10 every halfhour.Morphine dilaudid and >>>>>> are the preferred drugs for hard core addicts.....Dave

sweetchikk05 is offline Banned

I have to agree with Dave, and you guys you have to understand that it all depends on where you live on how much the drugs go for okay?
    For example, I live in Michigan and oxys around here go for 40$ for 80mg, and 20 for 40mg, Lortab10s go for 3-4 $ apiece, I mean the list goes on,
    and I also agree with Betsy.
    I dont think taking pills has anything to do with how much you love yourself, I mean in a sense, if your in pain, and you want pain relief, you must love yourself enough to want to relieve that pain by taking pain meds right??
    There are a lot of ways to look at it...

Liz ann

There is a difference on taking them for pain or for the fun of it!! He wants them for depression not pain!!! I think it absolutley depends on how you feel about yourself if he is depressed and wants to take pain pills for that. I speak from 7 years of experience. They never become enough and you end up taking way to much and blowing all your money, it isn't healthy to depend on pain pills to get you through the day and if anyone loved themselves or anyone close to them they would know that. I wouldn't wish that addiction on my worse enemy.

Keri Dutton

Dale jr 8 is offline New Member

i pay 7 to 8$ for Lortab 7.5 500
    15 to 20 aday

acnex is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmulero923 View Post
    I have been extremely depressed for years and on several different antidepressants with no releif. About a year ago I was given Hydrocodone for an accident I had and let me tell you, I have never been so happy. The world looked brighter, no pain, no emotional distress, and I had hope. Unfortunately I am unable to get the pills any longer. I do have chronic headaches but the doctors do not feel this is a reason to give Lortab. I am certainly no addicted but surely miss the happy feeling I had which enabled me to enjoy my life 100x more. Does anyone know of a site or a way to get this medication?
    any input would help.
    It would be very harmful to your liver taking this medication for long periods of time as would any strong pain killer, not to mention when mixed with alcohol. Stress and pain are a part of life, Embrace your pain and make it a strenth to yourself. Only then will you be free of it.

Ken_2001 is offline New Member

any input would help.
    I have to tell you, speaking as someone who's had terrible back and wrist pain for years...the ways we justify taking these pills slowly becomes an excuse for continuing to take more as these chemical demons slowly gain a grip on our bodies, brain, and central nervous system, and do their damage. These chemicals are designed to produce extra chemicals in our brains, that give us a great, overly manufactured sense of well-being. The problem is that the longer we use them, the harder it is for our brains to remember how to produce this feeling, naturally or at all. Then we either continue to use and up our dosages, or we come off them, go through tough withdrawals, and then live through a terrible depression as we wait and hope for our brains to learn how to return to the normal function of keeping our sense of well-being maintained. For some people, the brain never returns to producing these chemicals, but for most it is a long painstaking process, but we learn how much better it feels to have our CNS working normally again.
    Please don't pursue these pills, and the fact that your Dr won't continue to prescribe them to you should give you a hint. It's actually a blessing in disguise as some Dr's will keep going, without any regard for getting you hooked and potentially destroying your life.

Also, opiates don't help headaches, they actually make them worse.

Good luck!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Ken ... I could not agree more with you if I had written your entire post myself. I think you are exactly correct. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

cherry14 is offline Member

This seemed to get a bit off topic, didn't it?

OP, you don't want to use opiates as an anti depressant. It's hard enough to be on them long term for pain control. Their effect is temporary, you require higher and higher doses of them to produce that feeling, and eventually, they WILL stop producing that feeling for you. If you obtain them illegally, which is what you are asking how to do, you will eventually find yourself in trouble with the law; you cannot stay under the radar forever. That will certainly do NOTHING for your well being.

I too have struggled with depression for years. Anti depressant therapy has been hit or miss. What you need to look in to in conjunction with that is behavioral therapy/counseling. You need to get to the root of it. For some people, yes, it is a chemical problem (it is for me), and long term pharm treatment is necessary. That can be bolstered by counseling and psych help as well, though. Becoming dependent on narcotics is going to take you down a road that's 100x worse than where you are now in terms of depression, I promise you that.

Good luck and God bless.

sdcadavid is offline New Member

Default controlled substances

any input would help.
    I don't know how to use this new site. I am 50 and have pain and an incurable disease, and I have depression. I too like hydrocodone and valium. UCSD MEdical Center doctors would rather see me die than prescribe these two drugs. They will get their wish. I have to suffer because of mothers or children who get 100's of OXYCONTIN> I have never even seen one in my life. I get stared at by pharmacists and only found out today why. Red Flagged. I was dismissed by UCSD medical center in San Diego. Yep they refuse to treat me. If I kill someone in a DUI I can be charged with murder. What can UCSD Medical Center in San Diego be charged with?? because they are killing me
    Last edited by sdcadavid; 01-03-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Default My hospital committed me!! UCSD San Diego Owen Clinic

Quote Originally Posted by tigerman View Post
    Have you ever tried St.Johns Wort?It's inexpensive and probably a 50-75% chance it will work.It has helped me in the past.It does take between 7-10 days before you'll notice a difference.
    Hydro will not make U happy in the long run for your depression,but if it is the only thing that works then do some doc shopping & explain it is the only thing that helps your migrains.Get in a scalding hot bath & take something out of the freezer & put on your head.If you can stand it,relief will come.
    I was committed by my hospital and I never knew why until later in the week. I uttered a potentially suicidal thought. Just a thought. I know they did it legally but they should have just executed me. I have depression and pain and 90% of doctors around here specializing in AIDS will not prescribe anything controlled. They think they are doing me a favor by letting me live with my pain and depression. They are too young and too clueless about what it is like to be older and have a terminal illness. They are afraid the DEA might get them in trouble. After UCSD San Diego committed me AFTER MIND YOU they gave me tips for coping. They are criminals

Default Like what way to handle depression and pain??

Quote Originally Posted by thereshope View Post
    I have to agree that they make you feel good for a little while but the depression that comes when you don't have enough of them is worse than the depression you had before. Add anxiety into the mix and you end up really screwed up. It doesn't take long to be dependant. I highly suggest finding another way to handle depression. These pills are no joke.
    I know they are dangerous but I had my worst experience on CYMBALTA. Doctors prescribe that and don't care much about consequences because it is not controlled. What kind of a world is this?? I am not being treated I am being warehoused on disability and left with pain and depression. If you give me a million dollars I might have no pain or depression. Medications have a purpose even though a lot of doctors seem to doubt it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast