How many is too many?
    xxJennaxx is offline Junior Member

Question How many is too many?

If anyone read my darvocet post and my trip to the Er with consuming 13 at once.. what is the most anyone has taken at one time? Not just with darvocet, but with whatever it is that you take..vicadin, ect..something bascially the same as darv..i'd like to know if anyone else has taken over 10 or what not at once?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by xxJennaxx View Post
    If anyone read my darvocet post and my trip to the Er with consuming 13 at once.. what is the most anyone has taken at one time? Not just with darvocet, but with whatever it is that you take..vicadin, ect..something bascially the same as darv..i'd like to know if anyone else has taken over 10 or what not at once?

Are you kidding me??? I know that I am not unique, am certainly not bragging as I am not proud of it. But I used to not even bother to count pills. I just poured them out until my hand was full. Darvocets are nothing compared to even lorcets, let alone percs or especially roxies. I used to take more than ten lorcets or percs in my mouth at once and not even use water to wash them down. I would just chew them up. I started out every day with close to ten 30mg roxies (plus a handful of soma and xanax) which would kill most people. I remember throwing up 5 or 6 whole pills at a time numerous times that hadn't even started to be dissolved yet. Just be glad that you had your exerience before you got to the point I was at and so many others here were at. Be glad you haven't had your heart stop and had it necessary to be revived so you wouldn't die. I give thanks daily to Jesus Christ that He allowed me to survive my personal hell and make it to the wonderful world I live in today. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Are you kidding me??? I know that I am not unique, am certainly not bragging as I am not proud of it. But I used to not even bother to count pills. I just poured them out until my hand was full. Darvocets are nothing compared to even lorcets, let alone percs or especially roxies. I used to take more than ten lorcets or percs in my mouth at once and not even use water to wash them down. I would just chew them up. I started out every day with close to ten 30mg roxies (plus a handful of soma and xanax) which would kill most people. I remember throwing up 5 or 6 whole pills at a time numerous times that hadn't even started to be dissolved yet. Just be glad that you had your exerience before you got to the point I was at and so many others here were at. Be glad you haven't had your heart stop and had it necessary to be revived so you wouldn't die. I give thanks daily to Jesus Christ that He allowed me to survive my personal hell and make it to the wonderful world I live in today. God bless.
    Wow Robert, i'm so glad that you have come so far..i have always counted my pills..but, i dont KNOW HOW i ever came to the point that i thoght taking 13 at once was ok!? i mean..when i think about it conciously and clearly now i'm like omg i could've died in one day and this went on for months! I took 4 pills around 9 something this morning and just took 2 more..but i'm not getting that ''high'' Can i take 2 more? Or is that dangerous? Now after my expierience im actually anal about it..before i would've not thought twice and just swallowed all 10-13 at once..now i'm like Hmm well at 9 i took 4.. its almost 1 now, i took 2 more..which =6.. ect..Could you please give me your opinion if it would be ok..[Ok as in i'm not going to od and die] to take 2 more? -Jenna

Wow Robert, i'm so glad that you have come so far..i have always counted my pills..but, i dont KNOW HOW i ever came to the point that i thoght taking 13 at once was ok!? i mean..when i think about it conciously and clearly now i'm like omg i could've died in one day and this went on for months! I took 4 pills around 9 something this morning and just took 2 more..but i'm not getting that ''high'' Can i take 2 more? Or is that dangerous? Now after my expierience im actually anal about it..before i would've not thought twice and just swallowed all 10-13 at once..now i'm like Hmm well at 9 i took 4.. its almost 1 now, i took 2 more..which =6.. ect..Could you please give me your opinion if it would be ok..[Ok as in i'm not going to od and die] to take 2 more? -Jenna

Jenna ... you are at such a critical point in your life. I don't want to lecture but my goodness you are headed straight for the hell I lived in for decades. No it likely won't kill you to take two more pills. At least it probably won't kill you today. But I can't promise about next week, or next month, or next year. You ARE as good as dead if you don't knock off this nonsense. I am not judging you as you have never done anything like I have done. But listen to someone who lived a walking death for a long time. You have too much to live for to do this. You have already had to go to the ER from a near OD. What more do you need to have happen to you to make you snap as to what you are doing to yourself? I will include you in my prayers. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Jenna ... you are at such a critical point in your life. I don't want to lecture but my goodness you are headed straight for the hell I lived in for decades. No it likely won't kill you to take two more pills. At least it probably won't kill you today. But I can't promise about next week, or next month, or next year. You ARE as good as dead if you don't knock off this nonsense. I am not judging you as you have never done anything like I have done. But listen to someone who lived a walking death for a long time. You have too much to live for to do this. You have already had to go to the ER from a near OD. What more do you need to have happen to you to make you snap as to what you are doing to yourself? I will include you in my prayers. God bless.
    What kind of hell are you talking about? And what do you mean it could kill me next week? I know your not lecturing, just helping..which i appreciate..but right now..i am home ALONE..Scared..i really need some reassurance i'm not going to die today from taking a few more..i mean some addicts have taken 15-20 at once right? Not that i'm using that as an excuse and everyones different..i just want a straight up answer is taking say 12 in all spread out going to make me OD today?

What kind of hell are you talking about? And what do you mean it could kill me next week? I know your not lecturing, just helping..which i appreciate..but right now..i am home ALONE..Scared..i really need some reassurance i'm not going to die today from taking a few more..i mean some addicts have taken 15-20 at once right? Not that i'm using that as an excuse and everyones different..i just want a straight up answer is taking say 12 in all spread out going to make me OD today?

The hell I am talking about is wondering if you might OD today from taking too much, being scared, being in w/d, that is what I mean by hell. It's going through what you are going through right now. It's a bad way to live our life. What I mean about next week is that because we get away with something today doesn't mean we will get away with it next week.

I can't promise what will or won't harm you. Most likely 12 darvocets taken throughout the day will not kill you. You will however be taking toxic amounts of acetaminophen which can destroy your liver. I would be concerned about doing that at a minimum. Point is if you require 12 pain pills a day then you should see your dr about a different medication if you really have to take medication for pain.

Please don't take this personally. I am only speaking out of concern. Just trying to point out the obvious to you. Yes some people have taken 15-20 in a day. Some people have done lots of things that I wouldn't want to do. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 11-05-2008 at 02:25 PM.

Shanon 67 is offline New Member

Thumbs down Darvocet and other pain meds Im a pro...

I was up to 30. percs a day,not bragging,just built my tolerance up and im LUCKY to be here,Now Darvocets are tricky,they have alot of aspirin in them,so they are very dangerous also,more than you would think...Vics ,I could take them all day ,It got to the point i just had to go to the Hospital and get a shot of Dilaudid because no matter how many i took i could'nt feel them....Sadd..So be careful with the pain pills,I walked that line and it was'nt easy...Sincerely Shanon WB

money_chick is offline Member

I really want to jump up and down and tell you how ridiculous this question was, but I wont. This forum will NEVER tell you how to get high. We, as recoverring addicts, are NOT doing that.

How many could you take? 100, maybe. But get for D$%M real, you know you are taking too many. YOu were just in the er.

Listen, darvocet is notorious for causing serious breathing problems (CNS depression) at doses of even 4-6 pills. That means you stop breathing, which, unless you are a vampire, woudl kill you.

It has tons of Tylenol inn it too, so you are headed for liver failure. I hear its a lot of fun!

You seriously need to consider a recovery process of some sort. You, darling, are going to kill yourself.

But have FUN!!

Quote Originally Posted by money_chick View Post
    I really want to jump up and down and tell you how ridiculous this question was, but I wont. This forum will NEVER tell you how to get high. We, as recoverring addicts, are NOT doing that.

How many could you take? 100, maybe. But get for D$%M real, you know you are taking too many. YOu were just in the er.

Listen, darvocet is notorious for causing serious breathing problems (CNS depression) at doses of even 4-6 pills. That means you stop breathing, which, unless you are a vampire, woudl kill you.

It has tons of Tylenol inn it too, so you are headed for liver failure. I hear its a lot of fun!

You seriously need to consider a recovery process of some sort. You, darling, are going to kill yourself.

But have FUN!!

darn girl. why don't you say how you really feel??? have a good one. I couldn't agree more with you. God bless.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by money_chick View Post

But have FUN!!
    Listen..i know everyone here is trying to help and i too am TRYING to become a recovering addict..its very hard as we all know..But could you PLEASE not be so sarcastic and demeaning about it..it really hurt my feelings..Maybe you were trying to kick some sense into me? Or maybe you just dont like me..idk..i def do NOT want to die and i am informed about what it can to do your liver..im only gonna be 27 this Dec..i'm Young, i want to live! All i'm asking for is support..

Anonymous Guest

Hi Jenna
    So where are you at now. Do you have a plan that will help you?
    we really are supportive here and no one ment to hurt your feelings.
    Tell us what we can do to help you ???
    Talk to ya soon ,Melinda

Default Jenna

Hey girl ... look here is the deal. Everyone here myself included knows how hard it is to stop taking pills. Had you come on asking for support I would have done back flips to try and offer support. but you talked about nearly killing yourself already before and then wanted to know how many more you could take without dying. Think about the nonsense of that question. I am here for you anyway I can be. But focus on getting clean, not finding out how many pills you can take and still survive. That thinking process just doesn't make sense. If there is something I can do to help you I am available. That is why I am here every single day. God bless.

renagade281 is offline Junior Member

The most I ever took at one time was 15 lortabs and 2 of the 80mg oxycontins (snorted one and chewed up the other one) I was nodding out all day and threw up a couple times