Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 42
how long to wait before taking suboxone
  1. #1
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default how long to wait before taking suboxone

    I was wondering what the normal waiting time it takes to be in enough withdrawal to start taking suboxone. I am a bit nervous because i have tried taking suboxone before and i usually wait about 24 hours since my last dose of >>>>>> but I still feel like ******************** after i take the sub. Should i wait more than 24 hours? Is that normal? I thought you could take it after 12 hours of last dose of >>>>>>. Is there some kind of transistion phase on suboxone where no matter what you dont feel good the first day or two. Also, what should be the max dose I should take the first day? The dr's here are quacks and will put you on 32mg the first day if you let them. I was thinking no more than 8mg. I appreciate your input.

  2. #2
    musicman48 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Usually on the road or in the studio.
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rnewton8 View Post
    I was wondering what the normal waiting time it takes to be in enough withdrawal to start taking suboxone. I am a bit nervous because i have tried taking suboxone before and i usually wait about 24 hours since my last dose of >>>>>> but I still feel like ******************** after i take the sub. Should i wait more than 24 hours? Is that normal? I thought you could take it after 12 hours of last dose of >>>>>>. Is there some kind of transistion phase on suboxone where no matter what you dont feel good the first day or two. Also, what should be the max dose I should take the first day? The dr's here are quacks and will put you on 32mg the first day if you let them. I was thinking no more than 8mg. I appreciate your input.
    Everyone is different because everyone has different levels of opiates in their system and some are on sustained release opiates.The best way to tell if you are ready for suboxone induction tell is scoring at least 26 on the cows worksheet.You will find it here.Good luck! BTW I was taking 100mg of hydro and waited 36 hours to make sure I was ready.

    http://www.naabt.org/documents/COWS_...flow_sheet.pdf

  3. #3
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default 18 hours

    I ended up waiting 18 hours since my last dose which was just a few roxis. The H around here has gone down hill so bad poeple are substituting with roxis. Anyway, I was only slightly dopesick when i took the sub (8mg), just had the sweats and coldchills, restlessness and that was about it. I was pretty scared that the sub either would put me in withdrawal or would not work, but it did work. And actually it is working better than i would have expected for the first day. In the past it has taken two or three days for me to feel normal after induction to sub.
    Its definately not a replacement high or anything, but I do feel somewhat normal. I am able to go to work, Im not dopesick, Im not craving drugs so bad i feel like robbing a bank or pharmacy to get drugs, so day 1 is a sucess so far. I scored some sub off the street, but I think I am going to spend my hard earned money on a dr visit to do this somewhat right. Here is where I need help. Based on my history, should I go on maintenence sub, or should I do a two to three week detox. I am leaning toward the detox route vs maintenence cause i dont want to shell out several hundred dollars a month on a drug I cant get high on, plus I dont want to have to deal with detoxing off maintenence sub. The dr will no doubt recommend maintenence to give me time to adjust to life without drugs, so im not really sure what to do here.

  4. #4
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rnewton8 View Post
    I ended up waiting 18 hours since my last dose which was just a few roxis. The H around here has gone down hill so bad poeple are substituting with roxis. Anyway, I was only slightly dopesick when i took the sub (8mg), just had the sweats and coldchills, restlessness and that was about it. I was pretty scared that the sub either would put me in withdrawal or would not work, but it did work. And actually it is working better than i would have expected for the first day. In the past it has taken two or three days for me to feel normal after induction to sub.
    Its definately not a replacement high or anything, but I do feel somewhat normal. I am able to go to work, Im not dopesick, Im not craving drugs so bad i feel like robbing a bank or pharmacy to get drugs, so day 1 is a sucess so far. I scored some sub off the street, but I think I am going to spend my hard earned money on a dr visit to do this somewhat right. Here is where I need help. Based on my history, should I go on maintenence sub, or should I do a two to three week detox. I am leaning toward the detox route vs maintenence cause i dont want to shell out several hundred dollars a month on a drug I cant get high on, plus I dont want to have to deal with detoxing off maintenence sub. The dr will no doubt recommend maintenence to give me time to adjust to life without drugs, so im not really sure what to do here.



    I believe that you need to get past the opiate detox first and then make decisions based on how you are doing as you go forward. I DO NOT think that longterm suboxone use is wise. I would rather see someone on suboxone than shooting >>>>>> obviously but there is a happy place in the middle that would be appropriate.

    You and I have talked about this before. I don't think it would be necessary to take the suboxone for a long time. But most people need to have an organized plan for recovery for it to be successful. I had to do it, you will likely need to do it as well if you want to stop this ongoing battle. It's really time to make some solid plans for yourself and follow through with some action. God bless.

  5. #5
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default regarding plans

    Ok so lets make some plans then. Here are some things that i have thought of that would be good. Please feel free to add some suggestions.

    1. Call all drug friends and tell them I am stopping and not to call me.
    2. Delete their numbers (I did this before but I was able to recall from memory or pull up the number i needed from my last cell phone bill)
    3. Use Suboxone to detox. The plan here is to go to a dr on Wed when I get paid and get properly stabalized and tell them I want to try a two three week taper. If they say no, I will likely do a taper anyway. The other thing i do not like about this is the cost- almost all of the dr's i have called today want $400 + for the first visit. My old dr is $200 for the first visit and 100 thereafter, which is about all I can afford. My backup plan in case I can not get into the dr will be to simply use the suboxone i have aquired off the street. I took 1 8mg pill today and still have some slight withdrawal. I have 5 left I think.
    4. Start going to NA meetings again and do all the things that NA suggests. I will have to go to different meetings than i used to in order to avoid my evil ex girlfriend who also goes to all the old NA meetings I used to go to.
    5. I am going to have to actually put a lot more effort into getting clean this time. Past efforts were unsucefful due to lack of effort on my part.
    6. I am going to have to call poeple or go to a meeting when i want to get high.
    7. I will complete a list of things i must do before i get high, and i will do all of those things before i get high- those things are call sponser tell him i want to get high, go to meeting and tell the whole meeting i am going to get high unless they can stop me, prey to god before i get high, write about the consequences before i get high, call someone in my support group before i get high.
    8. I am going to have to come up with a taper plan with the suboxone- thats where Robert's expertise will come in handy i am sure.

    9. I should probably work on eating right and sleeping right as well.

    Question- Robert- If i took 8mg today and am only very slightly feeling withdrawal should i take an additional 4mg today, and what should i take tommorow.

    Also, I am going to post on the board everyday and let u poeple know how i am doing so i have some accountabilitiy.

    Please feel free to add some suggestions.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rnewton8 View Post
    Ok so lets make some plans then. Here are some things that i have thought of that would be good. Please feel free to add some suggestions.

    1. Call all drug friends and tell them I am stopping and not to call me.
    2. Delete their numbers (I did this before but I was able to recall from memory or pull up the number i needed from my last cell phone bill)
    3. Use Suboxone to detox. The plan here is to go to a dr on Wed when I get paid and get properly stabalized and tell them I want to try a two three week taper. If they say no, I will likely do a taper anyway. The other thing i do not like about this is the cost- almost all of the dr's i have called today want $400 + for the first visit. My old dr is $200 for the first visit and 100 thereafter, which is about all I can afford. My backup plan in case I can not get into the dr will be to simply use the suboxone i have aquired off the street. I took 1 8mg pill today and still have some slight withdrawal. I have 5 left I think.
    4. Start going to NA meetings again and do all the things that NA suggests. I will have to go to different meetings than i used to in order to avoid my evil ex girlfriend who also goes to all the old NA meetings I used to go to.
    5. I am going to have to actually put a lot more effort into getting clean this time. Past efforts were unsucefful due to lack of effort on my part.
    6. I am going to have to call poeple or go to a meeting when i want to get high.
    7. I will complete a list of things i must do before i get high, and i will do all of those things before i get high- those things are call sponser tell him i want to get high, go to meeting and tell the whole meeting i am going to get high unless they can stop me, prey to god before i get high, write about the consequences before i get high, call someone in my support group before i get high.
    8. I am going to have to come up with a taper plan with the suboxone- thats where Robert's expertise will come in handy i am sure.

    9. I should probably work on eating right and sleeping right as well.

    Question- Robert- If i took 8mg today and am only very slightly feeling withdrawal should i take an additional 4mg today, and what should i take tommorow.

    Also, I am going to post on the board everyday and let u poeple know how i am doing so i have some accountabilitiy.

    Please feel free to add some suggestions.
    I would suggest at the prices you are paying for the sub dr you dont tell them anything about a taper get all the pills you can from them so you have some for a long while without haveing to pay so much.
    as for the cell phone that is how I got into contact with my old dealers last time is looking up the numbers online from old bills since I had erased them. My boyfriend traded phones with me to deal with any possible incoming calls and had cell company make it impossible for me to look at bill online by having them make him use a password only he has. The best way for you would probably be to tell the phone company not to send you any itemized bills and you want a password to be able to look at your online bill then have someone else set it up. You can even tell them why if they question why you want to make it impossible for you to look at online bills, my bf did, they dont know you so you shouldnt care. If you do care make something up like your crazy ex is spying on you lol
    Being held accountable to someone for the eating right, going to NA, sleeping ect. all the things we do to make that 180 is all I have come up with so far and it has led to alot of nagging but I am greatful for it. especially with the eating in my case, I cant eat so having someone keep an eye on that with me has been a lifesaver.
    You sound very determined this time around I hope it all works out and you start a new & better life
    Last edited by learning_to_be_free; 12-01-2008 at 12:13 PM.

  7. #7
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default rnewton8

    I'm glad first off that you will be posting daily. You have been very sparatic with your posting in the past. Doing it everyday should help to keep you more focused I think. That is a good suggestion. I will address each critical factor you just mentioned ...

    1.) I wouldn't worry about calling any connections. Don't even give them that much space in your head. If they call you then tell them you're done. But I would not try to have even one conversation with them that isn't necessary. Thats just me.

    2.) Deleting numbers always made me laugh for the exact reason you just mentioned. I never forgot connections numbers. I can still rattle off some of their numbers I haven't called in years. It's good not to have their numbers in our phone books for principle's sake. But it never made me forget them.

    3.) Seriously I probably wouldn't tell the dr exactly what I had decided to do. Hear them out so you can see if they know what they're talking about. Worse that could happen is you end up getting more RX than you actually need. Just means you would have a few extra pills.

    4.) Very happy to hear that you will start NA meetings. It just gives you one more piece of ammunition. This is a serious battle and anything you can do that will help you is a smart thing to do. I can't think of anything more important than you getting back into meetings.

    5.) Couldn't have said it better myself. Getting clean had to become the MOST important thing in my life before I had any measureable success. Your entire life will begin to change as your priorities change.

    6.) Damn dude! Sounding like you are serious this time. You contact another person in recovery BEFORE you use and not after the fact and you have a really good chance of being successful. Proud of you.

    7.) This is a continuation of #6 but if you are going to repeat any of these then #6 is the one you should be repeating. These are the things that can really make the difference for you. I am very serious.

    8.) You know I will be happy to help you with the taper plan. We can talk as you go forward from the first day. I will be there, you can count on it.

    9.) Eating and sleeping healthy are both important in anything we do. Try to add in some moderate exercise to your plan, even going for a walk each day. This will help with your overall well being about as much as anything that you can do.

    You asked about taking any more today after taking 8mg. It's hard to say with accuracy after the fact whats the smart thing to do. But I would say to go ahead and take a little 2mg piece this afternoon. Then tomorrow lets plan on repeating the 10mg for the day. Only tomorrow make the doses more even. Take 6mg in the morning and 4mg in the afternoon. Then tell me how you are feeling tomorrow evening. Let's play it by ear after that.

    I'm really looking forward to doing this with you. I've been waiting on you for some time now ... like months. I was beginning to wonder if you would ever come around. I know you can do this. You've got everything in the world going for you personally with education, job, family, etc. Make this count and put the drugs into your past where they belong. I will be praying for you. God bless.

  8. #8
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default

    So if I plan on doing a short taper, I could get by with letting them prescribe 24-32 mg per day, of which they will give me a one week subscription of and tell me to come back in a week and give them more money for another script, and to fine tune the dose. That would give me more than enough pills. I just hate lieing to the dr. I know she is going to ask me how i relapsed and why didnt the 24mg sub work the last time. I can't really tell her it is becasue i never took it. I only got it because i knew one day i would have to get clean, and i quicky found out I could turn a $60 bottle of pills into $700 bucks so i would go to the dr every month and tell her all was well to get my script and sell it. I guess poeple that normally dont take opiates actually get high on suboxone, thus there is a market for it.

  9. #9
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default new sub dr $70 bucks

    After a ton of phone calls I found a new dr that only charges $70 bucks. It almost sounds to good to be true. The receptionist or answering service did not barely speak english it seemed, and she was not able to give me any info on his process. So needless to say I am a bit nervous. I have an appt for Wed afternoon.

  10. #10
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rnewton8 View Post
    After a ton of phone calls I found a new dr that only charges $70 bucks. It almost sounds to good to be true. The receptionist or answering service did not barely speak english it seemed, and she was not able to give me any info on his process. So needless to say I am a bit nervous. I have an appt for Wed afternoon.


    If you can get in and out for $70 and get a script for the suboxone I wouldn't worry about the dr's abilities. That sounds really good. Get the prescription and we can plan your induction unless the dr insists on doing it himself. I actually doubt he will even do that at $70 .. will likely just give you the script and instructions. Don't think he could do much more than that for $70. I just hope you will be naive enough to follow suggestions. If you will we will get you through this successfully. God bless.

  11. #11
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default Day two on Sub feel great

    I ended up taking another 4mg in the evening as i was still having some very mild withdrawal symtpoms - just occasional chills and sweats. after that the chills went away and i felt fine. I did have difficulty sleeping and i was sweating profusely in my sleep. But not cold sweats like when your dopesick just sweats. I guess thats the dope coming out of me. I took the 6mg like you said this morning and i feel real real good. Not high, no real warm funny feeling that would indicate i am on an opiate. I just feel normal. Im not dopesick, and im not high. I have not felt this way in a long time. I am shocked at how quickly and how good suboxone actually works. I went to a meeting last night and it was all about relapse of course, so i could definately relate. Anyway, thats my update for the day. Thanks for the support. And, Robert, If i take 10mg today, what should i take 2morow?

  12. #12
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default what should i say to the dr

    One question, what exactly should i say to the dr i go to. Should i tell them the truth that i have been using H and roxis untill sunday, then mon and tues i took suboxone. I do not know what to do here. I guess my goal would be to get as much medication as possible so i wont have to pay for another visit.

  13. #13
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default dr update

    Ok so the dr i originally had an appt with for $70 bucks said they werent set up for suboxone treatment yet, so i got more appointments. I have an appointment for tommorow for a dr that charges $200 and does maintenence sub and charges $100 the week after and so forth. I also found another dr who does not do maintenance sub, he does a 7 week program and you only have to see him 3 times. I talked to the actual dr. He only charges $100. I have an appt with him Thurs afternoon. So i have two appointments. I think i am going to take the Thurs appt and save some major cash. What do you think? I have enough sub to last till Thurs.

  14. #14
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rnewton8 View Post
    Ok so the dr i originally had an appt with for $70 bucks said they werent set up for suboxone treatment yet, so i got more appointments. I have an appointment for tommorow for a dr that charges $200 and does maintenence sub and charges $100 the week after and so forth. I also found another dr who does not do maintenance sub, he does a 7 week program and you only have to see him 3 times. I talked to the actual dr. He only charges $100. I have an appt with him Thurs afternoon. So i have two appointments. I think i am going to take the Thurs appt and save some major cash. What do you think? I have enough sub to last till Thurs.

    I would get into wherever I could get the most sub for the least amount of money. No need to go into the fact that you've used sub for a couple days. Just get as many as they will RX you and then we can go from there. Thursday isn't far off. Just maintain until then and we can proceed forward from there. Take care. You're going to make it this time finally. God bless.

  15. #15
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default saw dr yesterday

    Ok I saw the dr yesterday. I have good and bad news. I guess ill start with the good news.

    Good news
    The dr is good. He does a 7 week program and will give everyone one chance at his program. He prescribed me 16mg for 7 days. I go back in a week, then he said he will prescribe me 8mg for 7 days. In his program he does dose reductions of 50% each time. I prefer a more gradual one myself and a shorter time frame. He also prescribe me klonidine blood pressre/ withdrawal meds, and also temazepam for sleep for one week. He said he wont prescribe any more than one weeks worth of temazepam as he does not want me to get hooked on that. He seems like a doctor who genuinely cares and he does not like dr's who charge high prices and put you on maintenence. He said based on my history I would be better off in a 28 day inpatient program, but he said his program is a good alternative and a lot cheaper. He also strongly emphasis the importance of counseling or 12 step. he said sub by itsel wont do it. So I have meds and i can afford to go back next week and get more.

    now for the bad news. I relapsed again yesterday, or i dont know if you can call it a relapse after only being on suboxone for 2 days self prescribed. I was hanging out with the wrong poeple on my lunch break yesterday and i ended up getting 60 r 30's for free. So now i have about 35 left and i have the sub. I really do want to get clean. I have to. I live with my aunt who will not tolerate me getting high anymore. She refused to enable me and let me stay there and get high. Being homeless scares the ******************** out of me. Plus I really am tired of it all, the endless day to day grind and its never enough, i rarely even get satisified where i get to nod in lala land. It just isnt worth it. So i need to start back on the sub and go through the induction process again as soon as i start feeling withdrawal which will probably be tommorow afternoon. I am sorry for letting you down Robert. I know you probably feel like you are wasting your time with a hopeless guy like me, but I am going to do this. It's either do it, or be homeless and lose my 50k a year job. And i am convicted felon so it would be real hard for me to get another good job. Sorry for such a long post. i just needed to get that all out.

  16. #16
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Sure I'm disappointed that you did this. But I refuse to judge you morally after all the stupid things I did while using. That would be quite hypocritical. Getting clean is a process. Learn from this. GET RID of the damn pills. Flush them, sell them, throw them out the window, do something other than taking them. That is my number one hope for you today. Then get it together and get back with the program before you cross the line and go too far to make it back with anything left for yourself. God bless.

  17. #17
    money_chick is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Sell 'em and go buy me something. After that, jump back on the sub.

    Its just your choice. Lose your life, or gain a new one?

    I know what I chose.

    Best of luck.

  18. #18
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default See ya on monday

    I wont have access to a computer till i go to work again on monday. Sadly, I pawned my awsome pc at home about a month ago for dope. I loved that computer too. That is one of my biggest hobbies, is playing pc video games, or any video games for that matter. I should be able to get it out of the pawn shop soon after a few more paychecks and work picks up. I will get rid of the pills and get on track this weekend. I will talk to you all on Monday. Take care everyone, have a good weekend and be safe, and thanks for the support.

  19. #19
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default money chick

    so what do you want me to buy ya money chick (lol). i would love to go to the mall and buy some stuff, its been so long since i actually spent money on myself rather than on dope. I finally got a haircut yesterday.

  20. #20
    icandoitin08 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rnewton8 View Post
    I wont have access to a computer till i go to work again on monday. Sadly, I pawned my awsome pc at home about a month ago for dope. I loved that computer too. That is one of my biggest hobbies, is playing pc video games, or any video games for that matter. I should be able to get it out of the pawn shop soon after a few more paychecks and work picks up. I will get rid of the pills and get on track this weekend. I will talk to you all on Monday. Take care everyone, have a good weekend and be safe, and thanks for the support.
    I normally would not say this but,,, Sell the pills and get your computer back.
    Cheryl
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Every day you don't use, Give your
    self a HUG and do something nice for
    yourself!

  21. #21
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default checking in

    I have not had access to a computer. we are slow at my work so i have some time off and i still dont have my computer back. i ended up selling some of the roxis and doing most of them. I went back to the sub dr today. i didnt tell him i relapsed. his program is a 7 week program starting at 16mg sub for week 1, then 8mg for two weeks, then 4mg for 2 weeks, then 2mg for 2weeks. its a 50% dose reduction every two weeks. i dont really like it. seems a little long to be on sub so i might do it my way which would be drop 2-4mg every 3-4 days. I have 14 pills so if i do it my way i wont have to go back. i am doing ok. ive been on the subs for a few days now.

  22. #22
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default update

    Just wanted to give u guys an update. This is the end of day 3 for me on sub. Day 1 sucked as usual. I took the sub a little early and experienced cold sweats for a few hours but then felt better. I took a total of 8mg in the am and 4mg pm. Day 2 I took the same, 8mg and 4mg, and felt a hell of a lot better. day 3 I took 6mg and i had the chills, no sweats just chills, so in the afternoon i took another 2mg for a total of 8mg. Based on a post I read earlier I should reduce the dose every 4 days by 25% so that is my plan. I also got a script of temazepam to help me sleep so i am sleeping like a baby. So far so good. Am I doing OK with this Robert? Is there anything else I need to know. I disagree with the dr's 7 week program of 50% dose reductions every two weeks. I dont know where he got that from but your way sounds better Robert. So thats what im doing. This is the farthest Ive ever gotten on sub treatment (3days) lol.

  23. #23
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rnewton8 View Post
    Just wanted to give u guys an update. This is the end of day 3 for me on sub. Day 1 sucked as usual. I took the sub a little early and experienced cold sweats for a few hours but then felt better. I took a total of 8mg in the am and 4mg pm. Day 2 I took the same, 8mg and 4mg, and felt a hell of a lot better. day 3 I took 6mg and i had the chills, no sweats just chills, so in the afternoon i took another 2mg for a total of 8mg. Based on a post I read earlier I should reduce the dose every 4 days by 25% so that is my plan. I also got a script of temazepam to help me sleep so i am sleeping like a baby. So far so good. Am I doing OK with this Robert? Is there anything else I need to know. I disagree with the dr's 7 week program of 50% dose reductions every two weeks. I dont know where he got that from but your way sounds better Robert. So thats what im doing. This is the farthest Ive ever gotten on sub treatment (3days) lol.





    One thing really concerns me here. Well a couple things actually. First of all I know from what you've said this detox HAS to work for you this time. Well since it's failed in the past then you probably need to do it different this time. You are talking a couple posts ago (12/13) about changing the drs plans up to make it the way it seems to work the best for you . LOL So far it hasn't worked at all for you. LOL Not being a jerk, just pointing out that you've got to make some major changes like for one stopping self-medicating. Whether you follow the drs orders, my suggestions or whatever you've got to stick with it and stop changing things and ending up relapsing. You've got to change too or the suboxone won't do you any good.

    You're off to a good start with three days. That is a miracle for you based on the past. Just stay focused this time ... stay away from people who you are likely to relapse with. Do you know that there are people to this day that I still can't be around. I know that if I hang around with certain people I will eventually make a wrong decision based on the past history I have. So being that I want to stay clean I don't go to those places any longer or see those people. It's what it takes so that's what I have to do. It's pretty important for me today that I stay clean so I have to really work at it. This is so important I hope you can do whatever it takes for you.

    The temazepam (restoril) is okay in a small dose but you shouldn't take a lot of it with the subs. I've got a feeling you are like me. If you have it you'll take it. You could probably get by without the temazepam. If it helps keep you off the H then its helping but you don't really need it either. Plus you said the dr is only prescribing it for a week. I hope you stick to that plan.

    I'm not really crazy about what I am hearing for suggestions you're receiving. I just don't like pre-planned treatments for suboxone. It's an individual thing and that's why we almost always get it right I think. When we begin with someone at induction and they follow the suggestions through to the end and being totally clean from the subs too there are almost never any problems. If you make daily suggestions based on what is happening it usually works if the dose is correct and what not.

    From what you've shared it sounds like you really need to make this work this this time. In the times you've told me about you and suboxone in the past I don't think you have EVER been inducted properly. I can induct you and you will be stabilized (no significant w/d symptoms at all). It seems like you are always having w/d symptoms while you are on suboxone and it shouldn't be like that. Unless my memory is wrong it seems like you always struggle with w/d symptoms. Have your drs EVER got you right on the first day where you had NO symptoms? Because I can do it and if you don't get stabilized it takes forever. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 12-15-2008 at 04:56 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  24. #24
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default Good to hear from you Robert

    So here's the deal. I was not inducted properly which is partially the dr's fault and partially mine. He just prescribed me 16mg for week 1 of his tx plan based on drug usage history which is more than enough to stabalize me. I didnt stabalize on day 1 I believe because i started the sub too soon before my last dose of H as usual. So the first day was rocky. Today is day 6 I believe. My doses have been as followed.
    Day 1 12mg
    Day 2 12mg
    Day 3 8mg
    Day 4 6mg
    Day 5 6mg
    Day 6 6mg

    The 6mg is holding me just fine now. I was thinking of staying on it for another day then reducing by 2mg. And regarding your comments about doing it my way which never works is true. But I beleive you are mistaken as I am not trying to do it my way. I researched some of your post to other poeple and also saw on the suboxone website the 25% reduction scheme every 4 days was how you got poeple on it. Am i mistaken on this? I am stable at 6mg, have been for two days now, so whats next. Also, i am hanging out with poeple in NA and in recovery all the time. I go to a noon meeting and a night meeting since i am not working now so dont worry about me hanging out with the wrong poeple. I will not follow the dr's plan as it is not an individualized plan and i flat out disagree with a 50% step down scheme every two weeks. I prefer something more gradual.

    Lastly, the dr said he would prescribe another weeks worth of temazepam, then accidently wrote it for 30 days because he was distracted and said that should be enough to get me through treatment and that he will not prescribe more after that. I wont lie and say i dont like a good nights sleep or a good benzo buzz so i am a little worried that i have so many temazepams.

    Anyway, I should be able to get too a computer every few days so if you could tell me what to do I would appreciate it. I am really trying this time and so far it is working. And i dont care about a time limit as to how long this takes or how many pills it takes. I have time and i have the pills and i want to do it the right way, of which is not my dr's way. I beleive more in you Robert than my dr.

  25. #25
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Your too funny with the restoril. Tell him you don't need that much or throw part of it away. LOL Actually you shouldn't even need it taking the suboxone. I am not going to make a big deal out of this one. You know what you need to do.

    You are right about the 25% thing every four days, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE NO W/D SYMPTOMS. Those need to be four good days with no symptoms. You will be fine doing that. And I'm thrilled about the recovery meetings. That is great.

    Just stick with the 25% drop every four days as long as there are no problems. Just keep me posted so if we need to change something we can. You're doing good. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  26. #26
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default a few questions

    I just finished reading the suboxone wean thread and it is extremely informative. I see now that 4days with now withdrawals at minimum is how we do this then reduce. And that it gets harder once you get to 4mg. Just a few questions. I have been dosing once a day. Should I dose twice a day? I do wake up feeling a bit colder than i should in the morning. No goosebumps or sweats, just cold which is probably a very very very mild w/d symptom at the 24 hr mark. I warm up as soon as the sub kicks in. Another question is what is PAWS and how can i avoid it? Im guessin it post acute withdrawal symptom whatever that is-ill google it I guess but how do i avoid getting it. And next question is, will I really honest and truly not have withdrawal symptoms or at worst just tolerable symptoms once i am done with this. I would expect that you would get some w/d when its all done, but you guys say its pain free at the end right with no w/d? Thanks for the input guys.

  27. #27
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Dose twice a day. It will help when you taper in low doses.

    PAWS ... I had post acute w/d syndrom each time I cold turkeyed. But never following subutex. I personally believe that since I never had the original detox symptoms being on subutex that I never had PAWS. The only new thing the last time I detoxed was the subutex. And as long as you follow instructions to a tee then you won't have w/d symptoms. Or you shouldn't at least. We are all a little different and I can't say what will happen for everyone every time. So far we are shooting pretty well here. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  28. #28
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default Doing Good today

    So far so good today. Feel great at 6mg. Been there for 4 days now So I guess I should start at 4mg tommorow right? ONly thing is that is a 33% drop instead of 25%. That shouldnot be too big of a deal right? Hopefully I will be Ok. I am willing to endure minor withdrawal If i have to. Or I could take a sliver instead. Anyway, thanks for the help. What are the side effects of nalaxone? Is it normal to feel cold or is that a withdrawal symptom? I dont feel cold today. Actually the opposite, quite warm. Things are good. Ill check in tommorow if i can get into a computer.

  29. #29
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rnewton8 View Post
    So far so good today. Feel great at 6mg. Been there for 4 days now So I guess I should start at 4mg tommorow right? ONly thing is that is a 33% drop instead of 25%. That shouldnot be too big of a deal right? Hopefully I will be Ok. I am willing to endure minor withdrawal If i have to. Or I could take a sliver instead. Anyway, thanks for the help. What are the side effects of nalaxone? Is it normal to feel cold or is that a withdrawal symptom? I dont feel cold today. Actually the opposite, quite warm. Things are good. Ill check in tommorow if i can get into a computer.



    Normally I would say to not go to 4mg but you're doing so well, it's an easier cut on the pill and this isn't your first time at this. Just remember that if you have w/d symptoms to take like a .5mg sliver. That will most always kill the w/d symptoms.

    You say you will endure some w/d. You're okay with that. I don't want you to do that. You shouldn't be having w/d symptoms doing this. Only as a last resort is that acceptable. You shouldn't feel w/d symptoms. I want to see you succeed at this with NO w/d. I want to see it mainly so you will see what we've talked about for months is real.

    Your attitude is lots different this time. You have some humility even and you haven't had ANY humility in the past. That is a huge step forward. I think you may have a real chance at being successful this time. I would consider this one a conquest. You've been kind of tough at times over the last several months. But it's okay if you make it this time. Then it was worth it. Hang in there dude. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  30. #30
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default just checking in

    I still dont have a pc and only have sporadic access to computer when i go to a friends house who has one. Thats why i dont log every day. This is day 2 on 2mg. I feel slight w/d in the morning when i wake up I think? Im not really sure? I just feel cold in the morning and a little icky. I did fine at 4mg for 4days. I know going from 4 to 2mg is a 50% jump but as I said before I am willing to endure a tiny bit of ********************piness. And now that i took the 2mg pill today I feel fine. This is so awsome being clean again. I went out with the most beutiful girl last night. I have not went out with a girl in over 6 months. I am enjoying life doing the things i used to do clean again. Its great. Thanks for the help I owe you Robert. YOu have always stuck with me, told me the truth, and never gave up, and that is what it takes for some of us.
    Ill post again when i can. Thanks everyone for support and sub does work and it works dam good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22