Like Tree1Likes
how long does it take you personally to go into opiate withdrawal
    rnewton8 is offline Member

Default how long does it take you personally to go into opiate withdrawal

I was wondering how long it takes other poeple to go into opiate withdrawal. I have read that it takes about 12-24 hours to start the early withdrawals from herion. Myself it takes a bit longer than 24 hours to show any withdrawal signs at all. It has been 24 hours since my last shot and I am at work and i just feel a little cold that its. My habit has gone way down lately. Could it be that I am not addicted that bad. Whats the deal?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by rnewton8 View Post
    I was wondering how long it takes other poeple to go into opiate withdrawal. I have read that it takes about 12-24 hours to start the early withdrawals from herion. Myself it takes a bit longer than 24 hours to show any withdrawal signs at all. It has been 24 hours since my last shot and I am at work and i just feel a little cold that its. My habit has gone way down lately. Could it be that I am not addicted that bad. Whats the deal?

Some people go into opiate w/d in a short time, some longer. When I was at my worst if I went over four hours with no oxies I would start having serious problems. I remember being in the hospital having an angiogram because my heart had stopped twice. I was really screwing up. They had to give me my oxy dose before surgery or I would be jerking and doing things dangerous to me during an invasive procedure like that. And the procedure was not that long. Then I talk to people on here that don't go into bad w/d until about the third day. Part of that has to do with what medication we are stopping and how long of a half life it has.

It's only been 24 since the last shot of >>>>>> ... am I not addicted that bad? Are you serious? You're shooting >>>>>> and wondering if it's that bad? I am not judging just commenting. I stay away from drugs today. I would suggest you do the same before it does really get that bad.

rnewton8 is offline Member

thanks for the comment. I needed to hear what you had to say at the end. I have been going to NA meetings even though i am still using. I do need to get clean before it gets too bad. I posted another post that said i had a few suboxone pills to take for the worst part of the withdrawal and you commented on that post as well. Hopefully I will get up the courage to stop.

Badactor is offline New Member

24 hours for me on hydro's. 36-72 hours are a **********. There are a couple things you can do to make it tolerable. Tramadol and xanax works well to get you through the worst part especially the runs and the nasty sulfur from the hydro sulfate in vics. I suppose it would help someone coming of H.

Also Suboxone literally makes it painless. But you will get hooked on that big time unless you short taper it.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

You don't take drugs to lessen the symptoms while waiting for induction. That's the purpose of waiting, to make sure you're in severe enough w/d. You're defeating the entire purpose of doing the sub induction properly doing it like that. I'll help if you like. Let me know. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

bev49 is offline Banned

rnewton, chances are you might not be addicted to >>>>>> just yet, but keep doing what you're doing, especially shooting, and I promise and guarantee you that you will be addicted, if not in jail, with HIV, or deceased. I don't mean to come down hard like that, but its the truth. Instead of worrying how addicted you are, you need to worry about stopping this NOW before its too late.

brandy1966 is offline New Member

How long does withdrawal last?

icjoe is offline Member

Brandy this us a very old thread you should start a new one to get better responses.

W/D is different for everyone. It depends on what and how much you were taking. Most people see the light at the end of the tunnel by day 5. It's like a week long flu. To be honest the WD are not the worst part. It's afterwards when you must fight for your life. Everyday will be a mental battle but everyday will be slightly better. Stay the course and number one is find and attend NA. We can be for you here but they will be for you there.

Robert,
    I have a question, I am going to help my son go through withdrawing from Percocet, Xanax, morphine and I am pretty sure >>>>>>, what I need to know is what to expect. I have gotten him everything on the Thomas recipe but I am not going to let him use the Xanax or any other prescription meds. We are starting this tomorrow and I am really nervous and scared. He has tried detoxing several times but he always does it with the help of some Xanax and he needs to get off of everything. Any suggestions

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Hey Mom.... Robert has kind of retired, but we can help you and try to answer all your questions as they come up. I used the thomas Recipe withouth and Benzo's (xanax).. It can be done. The fact is, opiate withdrawl is like having the worst flu ever... But at the end of the day, he will be fine.. For about 5 days he is going to feel horrible with the worst of it coming between days 3 and 5. All my best Mom and keep us posted. Reid

winged eagle is offline Advanced Member

Reid is correct, this can be done at home, and with you to help him, his chances are better.
    I am, however, concerned with the Xanax. If he's been taking them for a while, he can't just stop cold turkey. Opiate withdrawal can feel like death, but it's doable and not, for the most part, dangerous at all. But Benzo withdrawal is a whole different beast. He's in danger of suffering seizures, for one. I think you need to speak to a doctor about this part.
    Good luck and keep us posted!
    Last edited by winged eagle; 03-01-2013 at 07:30 AM.