How long does it take to get addicted again???
    jdicedice is offline New Member

Default How long does it take to get addicted again???

I was clean off of Oxys for 2 weeks, and just started doing it again.

I did them for 6 days straight 40 -80 mg per day.

I am about to stop again tomorrow, do you think that I have a habbit again off of just 6 days use?

I want to know because if so I want to try and get suboxones before I stop taking them.

Any general past experience feedback will be appreciated

vduda is offline Member

I would say so...you have reintroduced the opiates to receptors again and you will have withdrawals. Why did you start again if you were clean for 2 weeks? Not judging, just wondering. But if you could do it for two weeks, then you should be able to break this addiction without suboxone. Why get hooked on another opiate (agonist partial antagonist opiate). It is still very addicting, unless you plan to tapper quickly. God Bless

VJ

Default RE: Hey VJ

yes I plan to do a fast taper off the Subs. It's just to inconvienient to stop cold turkey. Between my job , a teenage son, and inlaws in and out of the house. I can't just sit at home and sweat it out. to many people will wonder what is wrong with me.

At least with the subs, as long as I can hold off until I am feeling withdrawls before taking subs, no one will even know that i am kicking .

I am going to try and time my last use, so i am withdrawing in the middle of the night, then take a sub , go back to sleep and wake up feeling okay.

I feel that one of the problems with Subs is that they make it so easy to get off of the opiates , that there is no intense suffering, so a person is not deathly afraid of getting hooked again.

So you think that 6 days of use is definately enough to give me withdrawls again aye? Are you sure or is it just a good guess

ymccormack is offline Member

Nobody can give you a for sure answer...because everybody is different...since you can't take the sub until you are in withdrawl anyway....maybe you should pick some up just to have it on hand in case.

Good Luck.

YM

Default hey VJ

Relief. I waited 20 hours and took a suboxone. I feel like a new man again, no more playing around for me anymore. I have to stop and not take the oxys evry now and then. Complete abstinence is what I have to do

vduda is offline Member

Awesome JD,

A quick tapper is a good idea. It will definitely make the process easier. But I would let your loved ones know what is going on, if they can handle it, because your going to need support. Many times the hardest part comes after the withdrawals. I go to a counselor and psychiatrist which really helps. Also I go to a Christian based support group. I have a loving mother, daughter and girlfriend who have supported me through this very long road of breaking the addiction. It is hard to believe that after 10 yrs of very very heavy opiate use that I have been delivered from the prison that left me dead three times from overdoses and right before I went into detox I was given two weeks to live because of the damage I did to my body. On top of everything I was recovering from major surgery from a broken neck sustained in a near fatal car accident. Just two months after surgery I was in Detox. It was hell. It is a miracle that I been clean nearly 8 months and my body has been completely healed. Blood work and disagnostics show that I am in the condition of a marathon runner. It is hard to believe, but with God nothing is impossible. I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless

VJ