Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How long does Percocet withdrawal/detox typically last?
    jbels is offline Member

Default How long does Percocet withdrawal/detox typically last?

My partner has recently stopped taking percocets recreationally. He was taking atleast 6 per day over the course of the last 3 weeks and possibly longer. I hear many say that by day 4 the withdrawal is better. He stopped taking the pills "supposedly" on this past Sunday night. It is now Friday. Last night was the first night he did not sleep, was cold and then hot. He has diarrhea and highly aggitated mood. Is this just the start for him or has it not fully started? He says he has not taken any more percocets, but I wondered if he might have been weaning off since he had to go to work all week. Can anyone provide me some advice or feedback about how long it took them to withdrawal and detox from percocet addiction?

Thank you in advance!
    Jbels

Robert_325 is offline Retired

No way that it would take until the fifth day for w/d to begin from using percs. Can't get away with that kind of stuff here. LOL We've all been there. I would start going into w/d within six hours MAX when I was at my worst.

Percocet is a fast acting medication. He should be done with w/d by now after using such a short time. He is NOT going into w/d after five days, that's impossible. Don't mean to judge, I'm just stating the obvious. He should be done with w/d after five days. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

jbels is offline Member

Default Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    No way that it would take until the fifth day for w/d to begin from using percs. Can't get away with that kind of stuff here. LOL We've all been there. I would start going into w/d within six hours MAX when I was at my worst.

Percocet is a fast acting medication. He should be done with w/d by now after using such a short time. He is NOT going into w/d after five days, that's impossible. Don't mean to judge, I'm just stating the obvious. He should be done with w/d after five days. God bless.
    Thank you Robert for replying. What I see (from my perspective) is mild physical withdrawal and a lot of defensiveness, anger, annoyance, distance, NO empathy or emotion towards me. If I ask him to be upfront and tell me if he's had any pills this week as a way of weaning off them..he becomes annoyed, tells me "no" and that I have no idea what he is going through. He made an appointment with a doctor for Monday to perhaps have suboxone prescribed. It doesn't make sense to me. If he's gone all week dealing with the withdrawal..why would he need the suboxone on Monday? A whole week later? I want to be positive and supportive of him, but I'm not sure what I am supporting at this moment.

If he's waiting until a week later to start suboxone it means he's been using the entire week. However getting on suboxone could be good for him though, but I don't really know his history. I work with a lot of people on this forum using and tapering off suboxone. I would need to know more. If he is getting on suboxone you should read the following link. Let me know if he would want help doing this after you read the link. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

Robert,
    That surpises me that you would consider subs for someone taking 6 perks a day for only 3 weeks and not just cold turkey. Percs must be much stronger than vics. I learn something every day!! Or maybe you suspect the use is much more than he is letting on to his partner?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4me View Post
    Robert,
    That surpises me that you would consider subs for someone taking 6 perks a day for only 3 weeks and not just cold turkey. Percs must be much stronger than vics. I learn something every day!! Or maybe you suspect the use is much more than he is letting on to his partner?

Jenny .... actually that surprises me too. I can't believe that I said that. I totally missed the three week thing even though I saw it the first time I replied.

I imagine the original poster will return. I don't do that too often but it happens. Thanks for being alert. God bless.

jbels is offline Member

Hi Robert,
    Well, as I suspected and you as well..my bf has been taking percs through-out the week. I knew it for sure today..he's terrible at hiding it. I knew he was because other wise he would not be going to the doctor for suboxone on Monday. As you and "Jenny from the block" noted..yes you would think that from 6 percs a day for three weeks that suboxone would not be the first consideration however, my boyfriend had a >>>>>> addiction years ago and went on and off methadone. Over the years I think he had relapsed with pills before, although not entirely sure since we were not together then. I'm not sure that he has been entirely truthful with me about how many and for how long, although I know it was bad the last month and that is when it seemed to get out of control. I could tell that he would not allow himself to go through the withdrawal this week. He would for a day or two and then he'd appear fine the third day..then he'd have withdrawal again..but then take something the next day. Although I had originally thought that cold turkey would be appropriate, based on his past habits and relapses do you think that the suboxone would be a better option at this point? Thank you for the link you posted, I actually read it the other day and have been reading a lot of your posts and following those you are helping currently. I'm hoping my bf will share the information and dosing he gets from the doctor on Monday, that way I can run it past you and get your thoughts if you are ok with that.
    Thank you for your responses and all you do to help.

Jbels

I always recommend the cold turkey first. Some people however don't seem to be able to stay clean doing a cold turkey from opiates. It could very well be that someone with your boyfriend's history would benefit from subs.

Suboxone is a great tool for getting clean, but your boyfriend has to want this too as you know. I will help you any way that I can. He's going to have to participate too though or we'll both be spinning our wheels. Let me know how I can help. God bless.

The history does make sense with the subs. Hey, whatever will work! Now Robert, just curious, do you do the "protocal" you ususally do at the 6-8mg's with someone like this (suspecting that the abuse has been worse than the information that you have) and still take the 6-8 weeks to work down even if it really is 6 percs a day for 3 weeks or do you start lower and reduce earlier? Just educating myself. Part of my NA here lol!

jbels is offline Member

Hi Robert and Freedom~
    I'm thinking from what you both said and from reading some additional posts that based on his history the suboxone might be the next helpful step. As we talked tonight he felt very positive regarding it. I shared with him some of the information that you provided via the suboxone link you posted Robert and reiterated to him that I just wanted him to have some information about the sub so that he didn't go into the appointment without any knowledge. He heard me out. My hope is that he will be open with me and possibly become open to this forum and your help. The spinning of the wheels is exhausting..so YES..his help is necessary. I do believe that HE wants this though. As his partner, I'm trying my best to be supportive..but I am hurting inside myself. This is tough. I'm also curious of your answer regarding "protocal" as Freedom mentioned.

Looking forward to hearing from you again~
    Jbels

It will depend solely on him. I need to see how focused he is and how he does with the initial suggestions I give him. Everyone is different. Main thing to me is that I have his cooperation. If he will do what I ask him we can turn him around. That's all we need is his cooperation and the subs will work.

I don't know what his dr will recommend or how the dr will do the induction. Need to know how the dr does the induction and if dr wants him on subs short term or maintenance. Not hardly anyone needs a maintenance dose. Dr can make this easier or more difficult.

If he's been using only three weeks this time I would be able to stabilize him at a small suboxone dose. So the best thing would be if he could get his meds and we could do the induction with him right here. Then we'll decide based on how he does how fast he would taper down on his dose. Let me know what his attitude is, or better yet if he would get on here it would be best. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-30-2009 at 11:50 PM.

bellabarbara is offline Member

robert this is barb am i n the rightplace?

This isn't the thread you were posting in. I posted on the other new thread you started. You should keep your posts there. God bless.

klopper22 is offline Member

Percs must be much stronger than vics.
    For me, that is the case for sure. Oxy withdrawal has knocked me for a loop during every withdrawal. I have taken 120 10/650 vics in a week, run out and just act silly for a couple of days but have no typical w/d symptoms.

jbels is offline Member

Default Robert

It will depend solely on him. I need to see how focused he is and how he does with the initial suggestions I give him. Everyone is different. Main thing to me is that I have his cooperation. If he will do what I ask him we can turn him around. That's all we need is his cooperation and the subs will work.

I don't know what his dr will recommend or how the dr will do the induction. Need to know how the dr does the induction and if dr wants him on subs short term or maintenance. Not hardly anyone needs a maintenance dose. Dr can make this easier or more difficult.

If he's been using only three weeks this time I would be able to stabilize him at a small suboxone dose. So the best thing would be if he could get his meds and we could do the induction with him right here. Then we'll decide based on how he does how fast he would taper down on his dose. Let me know what his attitude is, or better yet if he would get on here it would be best. God bless.
    Hey Robert,
    My bf's appointment is this evening at 6:45pm. We talked last night on our way home from a bbq. He was starting to get antsy and concerned about not sleeping. He didn't sleep well throughout the night. His legs were in constant movement and he just couldn't get to bed. He is at work today. He didn't sound too bad although he said the restlessness was getting to him, he's been sneezing with runny nose and eyes. What should be expected of his withdrawal symptoms by the end of the work day? I spoke to him about this forum and all of the information that is shared and how helpful it has been to me and suggested that he read some of the posts and information and perhaps join in himself so that he can correspond with others who are going through or have gone through much of the same that he has. He seemed open. I will certainly provide you info about the suboxone dosing after the appointment and hopefully he will make the decision to take part on his own.
    Thanks!

He should be feeling like road kill by the time he starts the subs tonight. I mean he should be sick as a dog. That's really an important part for the subs to work properly during induction. He shouldn't take ANYTHING to help himself either until the subs.

It's important to do the induction the right way. We always start out with 2mg. Then every 1-1 1/2 hours you would take another 2mg until you're stabilized. It normally takes 4-8mg. But drs usually give patients 8mg, tell you to take another 8mg later and RX 16mg per day.

My suggestion is if he can't do the induction with us here and the dr gives him 8mg, just take it and take the meds home. Then get online and let us know how he's doing. We can adjust the dose to the right amount afterwards. Just nod yes to the dr when you're supposed to and get his meds. But he WON'T need a big dose like is usually prescribed. He'll be able to use the extra meds though as we move forward.

I'll look for your post tonight. God bless.

Jbels,
    I just wanted you to kow that I think you are a really great person to be going through this and supporting your boyfriend. He is really lucky. Some people are not lucky enough to have support during this process. It will really help him and I hope make you guys even closer. Good luck and follow Roberts advice to the letter.

jbels is offline Member

Default Freedom

Jbels,
    I just wanted you to kow that I think you are a really great person to be going through this and supporting your boyfriend. He is really lucky. Some people are not lucky enough to have support during this process. It will really help him and I hope make you guys even closer. Good luck and follow Roberts advice to the letter.
    Thank you so much for your encouragement! I'm doing my best to be supportive..although I must admit..sometimes my emotional needs kick in and I have a hard time putting them aside even though I know he is going through a tough time. I do my best though. This was not "part of the plan" but, it is the situation before us and for now I am here and he is here and we're taking things one step at a time. It is so hard though..scary..sad..you name it! Both of us have experienced a bad week..but in such different ways. I am hoping that with the start of the suboxone, it will at least allow a change from what was dealt with last week and some sort of step in a forward direction. I really appreciate your encouragement. This forum is a saving grace for me.

Thank you again. I hope you continue on your successful path!

jbels is offline Member

Default Suboxone prescribed...

He should be feeling like road kill by the time he starts the subs tonight. I mean he should be sick as a dog. That's really an important part for the subs to work properly during induction. He shouldn't take ANYTHING to help himself either until the subs.

It's important to do the induction the right way. We always start out with 2mg. Then every 1-1 1/2 hours you would take another 2mg until you're stabilized. It normally takes 4-8mg. But drs usually give patients 8mg, tell you to take another 8mg later and RX 16mg per day.

My suggestion is if he can't do the induction with us here and the dr gives him 8mg, just take it and take the meds home. Then get online and let us know how he's doing. We can adjust the dose to the right amount afterwards. Just nod yes to the dr when you're supposed to and get his meds. But he WON'T need a big dose like is usually prescribed. He'll be able to use the extra meds though as we move forward.

I'll look for your post tonight. God bless.
    I Robert, we went to the appointment last night. The doctor gave him a prescription for 12 8mg pills. He goes back on Thursday for a follow-up appointment. The doctor asked that he start off by taking 1/2 of a pill last night right away and then call him in an hour to see how he was feeling. An hour later my bf was still not feeling that much different, the doctor told him to take another 1/2 and call in 45 min. By the end of the night he'd taken 4 halves (2 8mg pills) He was feeling much better. He woke up today feeling a little groggy and was told to take 1/2 in the morning and then call the doctor. I believe the doctor said to hold off on anything more for right now and he would check in later to see if another half was needed. This is where he is at for right now. When we spoke earlier, he felt good/positive about things.

Quote Originally Posted by jbels View Post
    I Robert, we went to the appointment last night. The doctor gave him a prescription for 12 8mg pills. He goes back on Thursday for a follow-up appointment. The doctor asked that he start off by taking 1/2 of a pill last night right away and then call him in an hour to see how he was feeling. An hour later my bf was still not feeling that much different, the doctor told him to take another 1/2 and call in 45 min. By the end of the night he'd taken 4 halves (2 8mg pills) He was feeling much better. He woke up today feeling a little groggy and was told to take 1/2 in the morning and then call the doctor. I believe the doctor said to hold off on anything more for right now and he would check in later to see if another half was needed. This is where he is at for right now. When we spoke earlier, he felt good/positive about things.

Of course the dr prescribed 16mg for the day. That is the EXACT same process that everyone on here having problems started at. Drs think 16mg is the universal dose for everyone ... NOT! That's what the drug reps tell them and why we recommend doing the induction the way we do. He could have been stabilized and be as good or better than he is right now at half that dose or less. That's why I wanted to talk to you guys last night, so we could get him at and keep him at the right dose. If you look at my last post to you I said that the dr would give him 16mg.

You don't start out with 4mg or 8mg doses during induction, he should have been given 2mg initially, and each subsequent dose should have been 2mg. Waiting a good hour between those 2mg doses he would have had time for the smaller dose to work effectively and he would now be at 6-8mg at the most. Now if your dr follows the standard protocol he will l say your husband needs a year or so to allow his brain time to recover from the pills. Bulldooky!

Everything he says will make perfect sense. Then down the line when your husband is freaking out trying to get off the subs he'll end up back here trying to get help. It pi$$es me off when people get inducted like that. All of this together is why I asked you to post back last night as soon as you got home. Good luck and God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-02-2009 at 10:33 AM.

jbels is offline Member

Default Frustation..

Of course the dr prescribed 16mg for the day. That is the EXACT same process that everyone on here having problems started at. Drs think 16mg is the universal dose for everyone ... NOT! That's what the drug reps tell them and why we recommend doing the induction the way we do. He could have been stabilized and be as good or better than he is right now at half that dose or less. That's why I wanted to talk to you guys last night, so we could get him at and keep him at the right dose. If you look at my last post to you I said that the dr would give him 16mg.

You don't start out with 4mg or 8mg doses during induction, he should have been given 2mg initially, and each subsequent dose should have been 2mg. Waiting a good hour between those 2mg doses he would have had time for the smaller dose to work effectively and he would now be at 6-8mg at the most. Now if your dr follows the standard protocol he will l say your husband needs a year or so to allow his brain time to recover from the pills. Bulldooky!

Everything he says will make perfect sense. Then down the line when your husband is freaking out trying to get off the subs he'll end up back here trying to get help. It pi$$es me off when people get inducted like that. All of this together is why I asked you to post back last night as soon as you got home. Good luck and God bless.
    Robert, I get your frustration. I myself feel stuck. Although I have shared information with my bf, he is already nervous and wanting to make sure he is doing as the doctor prescribes..since it's a "doctor" he should know what he's doing etc. I'm not sure how to go about discussing things with my bf, I have expressed that the doses initially prescribed may be too high for him, that many doctors do that..and that many have had problems down the road..and that you have helped a lot of people with this process by doing it a much better and correct way..but he is so unsure of what to do and feels nervous as is. I cannot force him to not listen to the doctor, I'm not sure how to handle this situation. I'm afraid that I will be back here pleading for your help..with him in hand like others :-(

Robert, I get your frustration. I myself feel stuck. Although I have shared information with my bf, he is already nervous and wanting to make sure he is doing as the doctor prescribes..since it's a "doctor" he should know what he's doing etc. I'm not sure how to go about discussing things with my bf, I have expressed that the doses initially prescribed may be too high for him, that many doctors do that..and that many have had problems down the road..and that you have helped a lot of people with this process by doing it a much better and correct way..but he is so unsure of what to do and feels nervous as is. I cannot force him to not listen to the doctor, I'm not sure how to handle this situation. I'm afraid that I will be back here pleading for your help..with him in hand like others :-(

Your situation is not unique at all. I don't blame you or your boyfriend, you guys don't know me from Adam. I totally understand that. Common sense says that your boyfriend should do EXACTLY what he is told by the dr rather than listening to some goofball on an online drug forum.

If he would simply read some of these threads and stories here I think it would help him. If he refuses to do that all you can do keep planting the seed of what is really true. I really do have compassion for people like you guys. That's why I am here everyday. But the sad reality is that if he continues on that dose for long he will have a much more difficult time getting off the subs than the percs. It's a drag when a person follows the dr's orders and ends up in a worse place than when they began.

I am not on an ego trip or anything like that, this is a ministry for me. God lifted me out of my hell and I strictly do this to share with others what I was given so graciously. I was taking thirty 30mg roxicodone (oxycodone) and 30-40 10/650 lorcets a day before I got clean plus tons of xanax, klonopin, 20-25 soma a day and other assorted garbage. I abused drugs for over 35 years. So I know what I'm talking about with addiction. The process I suggest using for suboxone is the EXACT same process I used for myself, it's what I personally developed for myself when getting clean. I figure if it worked for me (as messed up as I was) it should work for anyone. Not too many people show up here with a history longer than 35 years or worse than where I was. I know it would help your boyfriend too.

All you can do is the best that you can do. That can be very frustrating for you I understand. I wish that I could talk to your boyfriend. Unless he gets on here and participates himself it's natural for him to be defensive about you telling him that he doesn't need as much as the dr is telling him to take. I mean the dr is the "educated" person in this deal.

Hopefully your boyfriend will come around and give these suggestions a chance. If he doesn't there isn't too much either of us can do but wait until it turns into a crisis situation and then deal with it when he is ready. You could point out to him that we have nothing to gain on this forum by him doing as we suggest. I do this on a volunteer basis, it's costing him "NADA". I hope he changes his mind and doesn't allow anyone to make matters worse than they already are. If he won't listen we'll be here when he really becomes desperate. I just hate sitting and watching that happen. Good luck and God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-02-2009 at 11:51 AM.

jbels is offline Member

Your situation is not unique at all. I don't blame you or your boyfriend, you guys don't know me from Adam. I totally understand that. Common sense says that your boyfriend should do EXACTLY what he is told by the dr rather than listening to some goofball on an online drug forum.

If he would simply read some of these threads and stories here I think it would help him. If he refuses to do that all you can do keep planting the seed of what is really true. I really do have compassion for people like you guys. That's why I am here everyday. But the sad reality is that if he continues on that dose for long he will have a much more difficult time getting off the subs than the percs. It's a drag when a person follows the dr's orders and ends up in a worse place than when they began.

I am not on an ego trip or anything like that, this is a ministry for me. God lifted me out of my hell and I strictly do this to share with others what I was given so graciously. I was taking thirty 30mg roxicodone (oxycodone) and 30-40 10/650 lorcets a day before I got clean plus tons of xanax, klonopin, 20-25 soma a day and other assorted garbage. I abused drugs for over 35 years. So I know what I'm talking about with addiction. The process I suggest using for suboxone is the EXACT same process I used for myself, it's what I personally developed for myself when getting clean. I figure if it worked for me (as messed up as I was) it should work for anyone. Not too many people show up here with a history longer than 35 years or worse than where I was. I know it would help your boyfriend too.

All you can do is the best that you can do. That can be very frustrating for you I understand. I wish that I could talk to your boyfriend. Unless he gets on here and participates himself it's natural for him to be defensive about you telling him that he doesn't need as much as the dr is telling him to take. I mean the dr is the "educated" person in this deal.

Hopefully your boyfriend will come around and give these suggestions a chance. If he doesn't there isn't too much either of us can do but wait until it turns into a crisis situation and then deal with it when he is ready. You could point out to him that we have nothing to gain on this forum by him doing as we suggest. I do this on a volunteer basis, it's costing him "NADA". I hope he changes his mind and doesn't allow anyone to make matters worse than they already are. If he won't listen we'll be here when he really becomes desperate. I just hate sitting and watching that happen. Good luck and God bless.
    Hey Robert, thanks for your reply and understanding. My hope is that he will at least be willing to read some of the threads. Any you would suggest specifically? I'm guessing that as this is his first day on the meds, he's feeling much better, more like himself and anything I say may come across like I'm bashing this attempt, the doctor, his step forward etc. I'm stepping lightly at the moment. When we talk, just as you said..I just try to plant the seed..let him know that I have his best interest at heart and the information on this forum is for the help and support of those going through what he is. I'm just going to gently keep reiterating the more education he has about this the better so he knows what to expect etc. I'm not going anywhere..so I'll be posting as always! Thanks so much.

Hey Robert, thanks for your reply and understanding. My hope is that he will at least be willing to read some of the threads. Any you would suggest specifically? I'm guessing that as this is his first day on the meds, he's feeling much better, more like himself and anything I say may come across like I'm bashing this attempt, the doctor, his step forward etc. I'm stepping lightly at the moment. When we talk, just as you said..I just try to plant the seed..let him know that I have his best interest at heart and the information on this forum is for the help and support of those going through what he is. I'm just going to gently keep reiterating the more education he has about this the better so he knows what to expect etc. I'm not going anywhere..so I'll be posting as always! Thanks so much.

There are tons of suboxone threads across the forum. Here are links for two threads where the dr inducted the patient at high doses like your boyfriend. Since I caught both of them after just one day (like your boyfriend) I had them stop the suboxone entirely for a day or two and then did the induction over again. You can read both were doing horribly and now they are both doing wonderfully at VERY low doses. In fact they'll both be entirely clean in a very short time. You should check these out and show them to your boyfriend. Perhaps he would be willing to read just two specific threads, maybe he will relate to them. I have also listed the person's screen name by each link so you'll know who you are following in each thread. Hope these help you guys and your boyfriend sees and understands the point I'm trying to make. There is also a link to my suboxone therapy post that he should read. It explains everything I'm trying to say here.

FreshStart
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk...ion-52696.html

Silver Bullet
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk...tml#post237963

Suboxone/subutex therapy
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

There are a bunch of threads that could help him. There's no reason to list more than these right now as we just want to make a point with him here. If he shows some interest then we can move forward. Let me know how this works out, if he actually reads the threads or if he refuses. If he won't even read them I don't know what I can do to help. He has to decide for himself. I will include you guys in my prayers. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-02-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Anonymous Guest

Default Dr's Overperscribe

After reading your thread I thought I would chime in.....
    jbels, yes read other peoples threads, those experiences can and will help you as they did for me. Please feel free to read my story as well.
    My experience is the same as Robert says it seems that Doctors love to dole out the meds. Many of us in here including myself got addicted on pills fed us by doctors, I got all I wanted without questions...refill after refill no questions asked. Maybe your bf should have tried a cold turkey first but it can never hurt to talk to your doctor and ask if a lower dose is an option.

I am happy to see you support your bf family and support are so important...try to get him to check out the stories in here it helps to know you are not alone.

Best wishes in his recovery !!

Jbels,
    I can personally tell you Robert knows what he is talking about. I can't even tell you how many people I have watched him help on here! I truly hope your boyfriend will use his taper. It will be awesome. My fingers are crossed.

jbels is offline Member

Hi Freedom and Robert~
    My BF started the Suboxone on June 1. He has completed is first full week. From the first day of his appointment I wanted to know exactly what the doctor said, did, prescribed etc..I felt so nervous that it was going to be a Half-@**! induction. I know my BF felt nervous about it to begin with and my questionning and wanting to know everything was making him feel more anxious. The first day he was on it, I was already talking to him about tapering..and he let me know that I needed to give him some breathing room. I explained that I've heard about a lot of people having poor experiences when tapering etc..he understood where I was coming from..but wanted time to see how things felt and worked. He is starting his second week on the sub..I think he's starting to feel like he wants to feel "normal" again and not be on anything. He says he has a headache a lot and feels "loopy" or "off" sometimes. We'll see how things go. I just wanted to keep you all posted. Is there any information that you all could give me about what to expect from his attitude or demeanor while taking the Sub?

Hope you both are well~

So how much is he taking each day? That is very important.

Breathing room is fine but if he is taking too much it can additional problems. Sounds like his dose is too high based on what little information you've been able to give us. What his actions/reactions are will depend a great deal on his dose.

Let us know about the dose if you can please. God bless.

xokia is offline New Member

I have a similiar question. I was in an accident on the 20th of Jan.
    I broke 6 ribs and punctured a lung. When I was released from the hospital I was given oxycoton and percocet. I have long ago stopped taking the oxycoton. I started out taking two 5mg percocet every 4 hours. I then transitioned to one 5mg percocet 3 times a day.

On 6/15 I just completely stopped I'm on day 3. I still have back pain but I am in fear my body was lieing to me. I have gone threw the sweats (nothing major) and that part I think is over. I would like to stay off this drug long enough to be able to tell if my pain is real or >>>>. How long should I expect to detox from this drug?

xokia is offline New Member

Anyone? I'll be on day 4 tomorrow and I now believe my body was lieing to me about the pain. Today I kinda feel like if you were hung over from alcohol but not to bad. I've never used any kind of drugs before in my life. I feel the Dr's should do a better job of explaining the risks of addiction and what to look for when someone is required to take one of these drugs for a legal medical reason for a long period of time.

Live and learn I guess hopefully I will never need this drug prescribed ever again!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast