Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HenryNCBA
How long before suboxone is out of my system considering the following...
    wthomas37801 is offline New Member

Question How long before suboxone is out of my system considering the following...

I was taking 8mg of Suboxone almost daily if not daily, for 7 to 10 days, leading up to March 29th 2011, when I abrubtly stopped because of being ordered to go in for a uriary drug screen at Labcorp by April 8th 2011. I am on a few other meds (prescribed) which are; Metoprolol 25mg (a beta blocker) twice daily, Adderrall 10mg (dexto-amphetamine) twice daily, Ultram 50mg (non-opiod pain reliever) 8 pills daily and Klonopin 1mg (anxiety pill) daily. Will these medications effect how rapidly/slowly the suboxone leaves my system? I'm guessing how rapidly or slowly the suboxone leaves my body would depend on my metabolisim, and my medications: Ultram (as it slows my digestive system down and causes me constipation) and possibly the Klonopin. Here are a few physical details about myself to possibly help answer this question. I'm a 33 year old Male, 5'11, 187 pounds and not very active because of anxiety issues. How long should it take to be out of my system...if they even check for it. This isn't a court or probation ordered drug screen, just a screen ordered by my Psychiatric Doctor. The Lab Order reads as follows

(1.)Between now Tuesday 4/5/2011 and Friday 4/8/2011 when should I take the urine screen according to the information above? (2.)What can I do to help clear out my system?

HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by wthomas37801 View Post
    I was taking 8mg of Suboxone almost daily if not daily, for 7 to 10 days, leading up to March 29th 2011, when I abrubtly stopped because of being ordered to go in for a uriary drug screen at Labcorp by April 8th 2011. I am on a few other meds (prescribed) which are; Metoprolol 25mg (a beta blocker) twice daily, Adderrall 10mg (dexto-amphetamine) twice daily, Ultram 50mg (non-opiod pain reliever) 8 pills daily and Klonopin 1mg (anxiety pill) daily. Will these medications effect how rapidly/slowly the suboxone leaves my system? I'm guessing how rapidly or slowly the suboxone leaves my body would depend on my metabolisim, and my medications: Ultram (as it slows my digestive system down and causes me constipation) and possibly the Klonopin. Here are a few physical details about myself to possibly help answer this question. I'm a 33 year old Male, 5'11, 187 pounds and not very active because of anxiety issues. How long should it take to be out of my system...if they even check for it. This isn't a court or probation ordered drug screen, just a screen ordered by my Psychiatric Doctor. The Lab Order reads as follows

(1.)Between now Tuesday 4/5/2011 and Friday 4/8/2011 when should I take the urine screen according to the information above? (2.)What can I do to help clear out my system?
    wthomas37801,

Half life of suboxone can be up to 72 hours depending on your metabolism. There really is nothing you can take to so call speed up the process of elimination.
    That said I have a few questions and comments for you:
    1. Why are you taking a sub while still taking Ultram? The subs would block out the effects of the Ultram and if you are not careful taking subs of 8mg daily mixed with an opioid of 400 mg daily is asking for trouble.
    2. Ultram (Tramadol) is an opioid.
    3. You are taking a beta blocker. You stated twice daily. Do you have high blood pressure, PVC's, heart issues or is your doctor scripting this to help so called calm you down?
    4. Adderall speaks for itself. Do you have ADHD?
    5. You have a lot of depressants there with subs being a type of opiate, beta blockers which slows the heart and lightens the load, Ultram another type of opioid, and a benzo which is Klonopin. Then on the flip side you have Adderall which is a stimulant. Seems to me that the combinations contraindicate each other but your doctor would know best.

Something just does not seem right with all this and why does your Psychiatric doctor want to screen you when he is a doctor and should know everything you are taking? Legitimately subs are used pretty much for one there here in this country. Your doctor knows you are taking an opioid and were scripted a sub to try and get off of them. Why are you so concerned about subs showing up on a urine test which by the way they need to screen for it specifically and it all depends on which test they administer. There are various levels of urine testing that looks for various substances and unless you know which one you are being tested with there is no way to tell if it will be picked up or not.

Good luck

Henry
    wthomas37801 likes this.

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HenryNCBA View Post
    wthomas37801,

Half life of suboxone can be up to 72 hours depending on your metabolism. There really is nothing you can take to so call speed up the process of elimination.
    1. Why are you taking a sub while still taking Ultram? The subs would block out the effects of the Ultram and if you are not careful taking subs of 8mg daily mixed with an opioid of 400 mg daily is asking for trouble.
    3. You are taking a beta blocker. You stated twice daily. Do you have high blood pressure, PVC's, heart issues or is your doctor scripting this to help so called calm you down?
    5. You have a lot of depressants there with subs being a type of opiate, beta blockers which slows the heart and lightens the load, Ultram another type of opioid, and a benzo which is Klonopin. Then on the flip side you have Adderall which is a stimulant. Seems to me that the combinations contraindicate each other but your doctor would know best.

Something just does not seem right with all this and why does your Psychiatric doctor want to screen you when he is a doctor and should know everything you are taking? Legitimately subs are used pretty much for one there here in this country. Your doctor knows you are taking an opioid and were scripted a sub to try and get off of them. Why are you so concerned about subs showing up on a urine test which by the way they need to screen for it specifically and it all depends on which test they administer. There are various levels of urine testing that looks for various substances and unless you know which one you are being tested with there is no way to tell if it will be picked up or not.

Good luck

Henry
    Agreed with everything Henry said. Ultram ( or tramadol ) is an opiod. That's also a nasty mix of medicine alone, throwing in the suboxone is dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by HenryNCBA View Post
    wthomas37801,

Good luck

Henry
    The reason I took the Suboxone is that I had ran out of my Tramadol around the 16th or 17th. I tried 1200mg of Ibuprofen and it didn't help so one of my best friends asked me to try something he was prescribed, which was suboxone, and swore up and down it would help me feel better and not hurt me at all. He was right, so I continued taking them till I got my Tramadol filled. I stopped taking the suboxone at this point.

As far as your other questions:

Yes I have borderline high blood pressure caused mostly by stress and I have an option not to take it but thought it would be best if I took it, so I do.

As far as the Adderall goes, you were right, I do take it for ADHD.

Are you sure that Ultram is an opiod? I don't think it is. I know it is listed as a non-narcotic and is just a legend drug. In addition when I had to take a drug screen in July 08 it didn't show up and I even told my psychiatrist that I was taking it and worried about it showing up as an opiate which he did not want me to take. However, maybe their is something you know that you could go into further detail about.

Lastly, the question that I really needed answered is, when do you think I could take a Urinary Drug Screen and not have suboxone show up? Some people have said that 5,7,9,10,12, maybe all, panel drug screens don't even check for it? Is this true.

Quote Originally Posted by yezdegerd View Post
    Agreed with everything Henry said. Ultram ( or tramadol ) is an opiod. That's also a nasty mix of medicine alone, throwing in the suboxone is dangerous
    My psychiatric doctor that I have currently is brand new to the practice and it was the first time I had seen her. She looked through my files and saw that it had been since July 2008 since I had taken any drug screen let alone any blood panels. As far as the Tramadol...I didn't mention what other meds I was on from my primary because she didn't ask and it should have already been in my records. I get the Tramadol and metoprolol from my primary. Oh and your response to why I am on Adderall and Klonopin (stimulant and depressant) was right on. That is exactly what that new psychiatrist said to me and then went on to explain it makes no sense to have me on two meds that counter act each other. i explained to her that one of the former Dr's at the practice who was no longer there started me on the Klonopin first (back in 07). Then another psychiatrist had hunches that I was ADHD, and I took a very long test to see if I indeed was. Sure enough he said that the test showed that I was and added Adderall to the Klonopin and Effexor XR I was on already at that time, which was in 2008. Now this new Dr. is tapering me down on the Klonopin which I personally don't like. She is insistant that the Adderall is only adding to my anxiety or panic attacks if not contributing to them but the funny thing is when I take my Adderall I feel more at ease and less frustrated with my surroundings, multi-tasking, amoung other things. Now that she has tapered me down somewhat, my anxiety tends to manifest more frequently.
    Anyway I still hoped to have an answer to my question. Would a 5,7,9,10,12 panel drug screen even check for suboxone and if it did would I have gone enough time for it to not show up?

In response to your argument that tramadol is an opoid I have this to say:

1.] I know for a fact that it is not classified as as an opiate.
    2.] It is not classified as a narcotic rather a non-narcotic.
    3.] Also when I had my last drug test in 2008 I was on tramadol then and it did not
    show up. I even told my Dr. that I was on it as well as LabCorp because I wanted to
    know if it would show up as a opiate. What I was told was that people on large
    amounts of tramadol can sometimes get a false positive for PCP.

Now I'd like to clear up any unanswered questions as well as respond to any comments that need to be addressed. My psychiatric doctor that I have currently is brand new to the practice and it was the first time I had seen her. She looked through my files and saw that it had been since July 2008 since I had taken any drug screen let alone any blood panels. As far as the Tramadol...I didn't mention what other meds I was on from my primary because she didn't ask and it should have already been in my records. I get the Tramadol and metoprolol from my primary. Oh and your response to why I am on Adderall and Klonopin (stimulant and depressant) was right on. That is exactly what that new psychiatrist said to me and then went on to explain it makes no sense to have me on two meds that counter act each other. i explained to her that one of the former Dr's at the practice who was no longer there started me on the Klonopin first (back in 07). Then another psychiatrist had hunches that I was ADHD, and I took a very long test to see if I indeed was. Sure enough he said that the test showed that I was and added Adderall to the Klonopin and Effexor XR I was on already at that time, which was in 2008. Currently I am no longer on an anti-depressent. Now this new Dr. is tapering me down on the Klonopin which I personally don't like. She is insistant that the Adderall is only adding to my anxiety or panic attacks if not contributing to them but the funny thing is when I take my Adderall I feel more at ease and less frustrated with my surroundings, multi-tasking, amoung other things. Now that she has tapered me down somewhat, my anxiety tends to manifest more frequently.

I think my question was answered but if you or anyone else could make it more clear I would appreciate it very much.

I belive it will be a 10 panel but may be just a 7 because I also have ordered a Lipid panel, Hepatic function panel, CBC with differential and Comprehensive Metabolic Panel. The reason she is ordering the drug screen is because it is their policy to periodicly administer one and it had been since 2008 since my last one. Anyway these tests are going to cost my insurance quite a bit and being that my insurance is only mental health insurance through the state called SaftyNet, I doubt they would opt for the most expensive urinary drug screen or even the so called seperate one that screens for Suboxone when they have no suspicion to warrant one. It's just policy. So from the responses I've gotten I doubt a 10 panel drug screen even checks for suboxone. Sounds like I'd have to tae a specific test for that. I'm guessing then that I would be in the clear since it has been over a week since I took one.
    Please post a reply and comment if you think I'm ok as far as the drug test goes or if you have any more un-answered questions that I could help answer.