Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 60 of 60
Like Tree15Likes
HOW to get xanax perscription
  1. #31
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by purpledog View Post
    wot a dick you are jumpout33

    i never beleived i would read such garbage
    wot a crock

    Ha Ha ...wonder who this is ? LOL

  2. #32
    charpentiernick is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default How to get xanax

    [ deleted ]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-17-2011 at 01:20 PM.

  3. #33
    ~Love&Light~ is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1

    Exclamation I hope someone reads this:

    I am a sophomore in nursing school and as a young teenager I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder. I had to have counseling for multiple types of abuse, another traumatic experience, and oppositional defiant disorder. Because of the ODD I refused to take the xanax I was prescribed and for years I have managed without it for the fear of becoming dopey, unfocused, or addicted. Now I take them sometimes due to the stress of school and I feel like it helps with my anxiety and I can breath and sleep better. My friends who have taken them and abused them black out, get angry, fight, and get in to car accidents becuase they abuse them. >> suggest to take a half and see if you feel normal. You can get them off the street. If so ask your doctor but if you feel tired you dont need them. Also I cant focus in school when I am on them so I can only take them on down time. I tried to take one before my hardest class one time and I was very confused and jumbled in my thought. I sounded like I didnt know anything and embarassed myself. So live with the constant weight of worry and suceed while killing yourself from stress or relax and dont suceed, and be a worthless human who doesnt help anyone in their life except themself.

  4. #34
    tonyricepicker13 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default ricepicker

    this is in reply to comments left by "lugnutz" and "fallout33",

    Okay I can see both of guys points,
    "fallout33" is clearly a pro-pot smoking advocate, who tends to defend the use of marijuana (probably in more than just this situation)
    and
    "lugnutz" is a little close minded or is speaking on a subject that he is not too educated on.

    but either way i work in a program with people who wish withdrawal from any substance while under medical supervision.
    any way I have tried marijuana and I am currently prescribed alprazolam, first of all anything thing can be addictive if it becomes routine, the differences are mental and physical addiction. All in all "fallout33" (while may not have the most popular comment) is the most accurate, but he does tend to sound encouraging towards controlled substances.

    the bottom point is that marijuana does not tend to cause any physical reaction when you wish to stop using it, where alprazolam or any benzodiazepine will.
    most controlled substances are controlled for a reason and its usually because they are addictive or that there are more profits to be made having them controlled ( which are the meds that become OTC once the patent runs out).

    but to the person who started this thread or anyone else i would have to advise you to be very cautious about xanax or any benzo, it is very addictive physically and psychologically. If you have panic attacks try finding an alternative to xanax such as riding a bike or what ever you can think of, and yes I would even go as far as to say try marijuana before you try xanax, because if you have anxiety now it is nothing compared to the anxiety that you will feel when you have to come off of this type medication.

  5. #35
    HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern California Bay Area
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyricepicker13 View Post
    this is in reply to comments left by "lugnutz" and "fallout33",

    Okay I can see both of guys points,
    "fallout33" is clearly a pro-pot smoking advocate, who tends to defend the use of marijuana (probably in more than just this situation)
    and
    "lugnutz" is a little close minded or is speaking on a subject that he is not too educated on.

    but either way i work in a program with people who wish withdrawal from any substance while under medical supervision.
    any way I have tried marijuana and I am currently prescribed alprazolam, first of all anything thing can be addictive if it becomes routine, the differences are mental and physical addiction. All in all "fallout33" (while may not have the most popular comment) is the most accurate, but he does tend to sound encouraging towards controlled substances.

    the bottom point is that marijuana does not tend to cause any physical reaction when you wish to stop using it, where alprazolam or any benzodiazepine will.
    most controlled substances are controlled for a reason and its usually because they are addictive or that there are more profits to be made having them controlled ( which are the meds that become OTC once the patent runs out).

    but to the person who started this thread or anyone else i would have to advise you to be very cautious about xanax or any benzo, it is very addictive physically and psychologically. If you have panic attacks try finding an alternative to xanax such as riding a bike or what ever you can think of, and yes I would even go as far as to say try marijuana before you try xanax, because if you have anxiety now it is nothing compared to the anxiety that you will feel when you have to come off of this type medication.
    Tony,

    Just FYI. You are replying to posts that are almost a couple years old. These people posted only once and have not been back since it seems. Most likely there are no longer on this forum or under a different alias.
    Good advice though.
    Thanks

    Henry
    Mikki111 likes this.

  6. #36
    bubbagene is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -runzwithscissors- View Post
    I want to know what to say to my doctor that could get me this perscription.. I heard that if you say you are really really stressed and moody that they might give you this.. my doctor is easy to get things from... any help is greatly appreciated
    I know this a old post but for anybody thinking of this please run for cover asap.

    Its takin my wife 5 years to quit xanex and now she is a week clean from a real long slow taper. Quack Doc had her on 8 or 10mg per day and it turned her into a drooling veggie.

  7. #37
    PinkFlower is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    i know this thread is old, but i have an anxiety question related to xanax. i am fearful of addiction, but i have general anxiety. i have never been diagnosed, but i think i have general anxiety disorder. i do not want to sit down and talk to a therapist every week because i don't think this is something that can be "talked out."

    do general practice physicians prescribe anxiety medications? is there anyone in a similar situation as me that has a good experience with a specific drug? from this thread, xanax sounds very strong and i do not want to deal with withdrawal. thanks for any advice.

  8. #38
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Xanax is for panic attacks as it has a very short half life .... works very fast and then dissipates. KIonopin or Valium are more beneficial for general anxiety disorder with long half lives .... valium is 50 hours or longer. Klonopin is just a little shorter. So they stay in your system longer than xanax that has a half life of about 4-6 hours. That's why xanax abusers suffer from such terrible w/d symptoms.

    Be very careful as all benzos are extremely addictive, even more so than lots of the street drugs. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-03-2011 at 11:11 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  9. #39
    HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern California Bay Area
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFlower View Post
    i know this thread is old, but i have an anxiety question related to xanax. i am fearful of addiction, but i have general anxiety. i have never been diagnosed, but i think i have general anxiety disorder. i do not want to sit down and talk to a therapist every week because i don't think this is something that can be "talked out."

    do general practice physicians prescribe anxiety medications? is there anyone in a similar situation as me that has a good experience with a specific drug? from this thread, xanax sounds very strong and i do not want to deal with withdrawal. thanks for any advice.
    Pinkflower,

    YOU may THINK you have general anxiety but that will need to be clinically diagnosed by a trained professional. You are taking a dangerous step here self diagnosing and trying to find a medication on your own that you feel best suits your needs then thinking you can convince a doctor to prescribe it to you. Xanax or any benzo class of medication are powerful meds and used improperly will lead to addiction or worse. Stopping benzos is not something you can do cold turkey as once a person becomes dependant on them a VERY LONG slow taper is necessary not just because of VERY unpleasant symptoms of withdrawal but a sudden cessation of benzos can be fatal.
    Each individual person reacts differently so just because one individual may have a positive experience with one type of anxiety med doesn't mean it will work well for you. You are asking folks here to help you narrow down your own choices of which drugs to take from the sounds of it. If you have managed this long without a specific one your best solution is to seek a therapist and do it the right way. I am not trying to give you a hard time so please do not misunderstand. What I am saying is it would best serve you and everyone here if you asked your doctor if you have generalized anxiety disorder and if so if he/she can refer you to a therapist. Psychiatrists have heard everything and there is nothing you can tell them that would surprise them. They have heard it all and it would do you much good to get it out of your system so issues can be dealt with instead of trying to cover it up and keep it hidden away and suppressed.
    Good luck and hope things work out for you.

    Henry

  10. #40
    PinkFlower is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    thank you robert and henry. i appreciate your advice.

    robert, your insight about half-life is very interesting. i guess i should speak to a doctor about whether i need a long term medication or a "spot treatment" one. i am generally nervous/anxious most of the day, but the times that it is increasingly unbearable are times of stress and when i am in a car that i am not driving.

    henry, you are right. i had seen a therapist a few years ago for a short period for ADHD and felt that it was a waste of time. he kept prescribing different medications and during the torturous hour each month, we would just talk nonsense. i understand therapy for emotional problems and things that need to be worked out in one's personal life, but i can't see how it helps those of us who are just prone to worry/nervousness/anxiety. however, i do take your point that self-diagnosis is potentially dangerous and that i should speak to a professional.

    i was hoping for a quick fix and some friends had mentioned xanax (which led me to this forum), but you guys have confirmed that i need to take this more seriously. thanks again.

  11. #41
    yezdegerd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    867

    Default

    I have anxiety and have also known tons of people with anxiety. My personal opinion differs for each person. I think if someone has panic attacks but aren't generally panicky people then xanax is beneficial. If you take them AS NEEDED and not every 4-6 hours like the silly labels and docs say. If you are panicky more often than not valium and klonopin combined with ativan for breakthrough panic attacks would be a better choice. These are just my opinions but the less medication you take is obviously the better route. I personally don't like benzos they make me way to tired but some people with anxiety don't have a choice if its interfering with their lives

  12. #42
    PinkFlower is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    yez, thanks for your input. i'd always thought that valium was an anti-depressant. i am not depressed or sad (more than normal). i do get panic attacks once in a blue moon (maybe once a year) and i'd rather not take medication daily. there are just times where my anxiety is high and i feel very nervous and uncomfortable and wish i could take something to calm me down.

  13. #43
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Xanax is nothing to play with at all! If you think anxiety is bad now, try coming off of xanax! That's nuts! Felt like I was literally losing my mind!

  14. #44
    PinkFlower is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azul diablo View Post
    Xanax is nothing to play with at all! If you think anxiety is bad now, try coming off of xanax! That's nuts! Felt like I was literally losing my mind!
    i read that a side effect of xanax was anxiety.. what's the point of that? is that only in rare cases?

  15. #45
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFlower View Post
    i read that a side effect of xanax was anxiety.. what's the point of that? is that only in rare cases?
    It's exceptionally common once you stop them. Makes the normal day seem 100x more stressful because the drug suppressed all of the everyday emotions and experiences.

  16. #46
    PinkFlower is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    that's terrible. have you found something else or are you completely off all medication at this point?

  17. #47
    Chelle W is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1

    Angry Don't know if anyone can answer for me

    Ok, I am a 32 year old mother who has had anxiety issues for years - I have seen doctors in the past - who only wanted to "push" the anti-depressants time and time again. Which I am one of the few people who get worse while on those types of meds.
    I have finally been able to obtain health insurance again so wanted to see if I could get some opinions before speaking with a doctor.
    My problem is NOT depression - far from it. Its that I wake up every day just "aggravated" and anxious and as the old saying goes, "I have one nerve left" and everything just bugs me". I don't sleep well at night, any night and while I have taken xanax before (not an everyday thing) just when I feel like I am on the edge, I am not sure that is what I should be seeking out from my doctor since I don't have panic attacks.
    Hopefully someone can give me some advice because I really feel like I am the only person in the world who has this problem. Thanks for any advice.

  18. #48
    HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern California Bay Area
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle W View Post
    Ok, I am a 32 year old mother who has had anxiety issues for years - I have seen doctors in the past - who only wanted to "push" the anti-depressants time and time again. Which I am one of the few people who get worse while on those types of meds.
    I have finally been able to obtain health insurance again so wanted to see if I could get some opinions before speaking with a doctor.
    My problem is NOT depression - far from it. Its that I wake up every day just "aggravated" and anxious and as the old saying goes, "I have one nerve left" and everything just bugs me". I don't sleep well at night, any night and while I have taken xanax before (not an everyday thing) just when I feel like I am on the edge, I am not sure that is what I should be seeking out from my doctor since I don't have panic attacks.
    Hopefully someone can give me some advice because I really feel like I am the only person in the world who has this problem. Thanks for any advice.
    Chelle,

    It could very well be depression with underlying anxiety with stress levels being so high the anxiety is breaking through. The two often go hand in hand and although two separate issues both are closely related to each other. Those with just anxiety issues usually, not always, have mainly phobias of one sort or another.
    You sound as if though there is a ton of stress on your shoulders. Everything from trying to make a living to raising your offspring and you name it. Often times stress will aggravate any or all conditions and unless the source of stress is dealt with it often just builds until something breaks. Often easier said than done also is when people tell you to just change things but they are not the ones in the situation you are in. Perhaps trying to find a way to burn off that excess adrenaline will help? For me it was a job where the owners were just terrible managers. I had everything from the shakes, ulcerative colitis, high blood pressure, vomiting for no reason, IBS, peptic ulcers, ringing in the ears, cluster head aches, inability to sleep and when I do I wake about every 15 to 20 minutes, excessive weight gain even though I wasn't really eating, and on the home front trying to make a marriage work, paying all the bills, house keeping and chores, dealing with family issues on both sides due to death, stroke, and many other things and the list goes on and on. When I quit that job and stopped doing many of the things I did many folks got upset with me but you know what? It's my life and it was either I continue to be a slave to others and kill myself or I needed to try and get a life for me. I chose the latter and when I could I would put on my running shoes and go out for a walk. Started by walking and by the end of a couple weeks was running. By the end of a couple months was up to over 6 miles per day. By the end of 6 months was up to 8 to 10 miles per day and running is the exercise I ABSOLUTLEY HATE THE MOST!!! I did it because I hated it and I knew I had to force myself and in doing so it burned off a lot of excess adrenaline and the cool thing was I dropped in weight from 210 down to under 180 in the first 30 days. I know that is way too much way too fast but I have been able to keep it off and it has been a lot of years since then. The cool thing is one day I looked at all my notes I took then realized that I have been sleeping at night!!! I didn't even think about it until I read my notes. Since then I lowered my stress levels even more. I got out of an unhappy marriage, changed jobs a few times, no longer take care of my in-laws and about the only person I still watch over is my Dad but other than that stress has been reduced exponentially. Stress has long term effects though I will admit as I still to this day occasionally will wake in the middle of the night a couple/few times for no reason other than I am upset about something only to realize I no longer have those issues to worry about but my subconscious brain will reflect back then I realize I was dreaming about past events and reliving them in my dreams causing me to not have a satisfying sleep.
    Doctors all too often will just script a pill and in fact it seems their answer to everything first is to take a pill of one sort or another. What they need to do is to look at the whole picture holistically and the psychological aspect with a cognitive view and approach it from that angle to get to the root cause. Many times medical professionals only aggravate the condition with their efforts to put a band aide on an issue that needs healing not a cover up and hope that time will make the issue either go away or to suppress it to the point it doesn’t feel as important.
    Hope you will progress through your issues. I know it is tough but hang in there and never give up. There IS light at the end of the tunnel. Unless you put your foot down and make the changes necessary immediately your other options is to take it as it comes and deal with it one by one but no matter what never give up!
    Best of wishes to you and hang in there!


    Henry

  19. #49
    indoroids is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    just tell the doctor the truth

  20. #50
    xx8pokergirl1xx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3

    Exclamation Xanax is a highly beneficial medication IF taken AS NEEDED, and AS PRESCRIBED!

    I will start off by saying that I am currently taking a total of 6mg of Xanax per day ( 2mg x 3 ). I have been on these since just before I turned 16. I ONLY & have always taken My medication AS PRESCRIBED. They do not make me at all tired. To all of the people that said how horrible the withdrawals are from coming off of this medication, or that it is a "short term" medication You are very mistaken. Also IF you actually NEEDED Xanax, then why would Your Doctor have taken You off of them? They are highly addictive, and I'm sure that whatever Doctor prescribed them to You fully explained that to You. Doctors do not usually just take you off of them COLD TURKEY, unless You are ABUSING them! One person stated that they have to/need to be taken every 4-6 hours, and that is partially correct. It very much depends on the dosage. For all of you judging the people that just ask a simple question, you do not know these people! You do not know their life stories, situations, symptoms, or really anything else for that matter. You just ASSume that since they're asking questions about Xanax that they want them to get high off of. You also ASSume that they will abuse them as quite a lot of you have, and have obviously paid the price for doing so! If you yourself do not have anxiety, anxiety attacks, stress, & many other things then how can you be bashing people that take prescribed medication? When you get a headache do you not take Motrin, Tylonol, ect...??? Until You are in their shoes You need to stop showing your ignorance! If NOT ABUSED Xanax is a highly BENEFICIAL medication to the people that actually NEED them! Just because they are addictive ( like sooooo many other medications are ) does not mean they shouldn't be taken by people who NEED them! They have most definitely been a life saver for Me personally. As other people have stated though...Go to a professional Doctor, and tell them all of your REAL symptoms! IF they give you something else & that doesn't work, then you tell them that. They will continue giving you different medication(s) until they get it right for YOU. So don't let people scare you into not taking something that could be unbelievably beneficial to you! They are not feeling what, and how you are!
    preachersjade likes this.

  21. #51
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    There are exceptions to every rule but VERY FEW people need to take 2mg xanax bars three times a day permanently. That is a fact. Not saying there aren't ANY that need them but the number using them that way far exceeds the number who actually SHOULD be taking that kind of a dose on any type of permanent basis. That is a fact! I'm not playing dr, just stating the facts. If you need xanax at that dose you've got very serious health / anxiety / panic disorder problems. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  22. #52
    xx8pokergirl1xx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    There are exceptions to every rule but VERY FEW people need to take 2mg xanax bars three times a day permanently. That is a fact. Not saying there aren't ANY that need them but the number using them that way far exceeds the number who actually SHOULD be taking that kind of a dose on any type of permanent basis. That is a fact! I'm not playing dr, just stating the facts. If you need xanax at that dose you've got very serious health / anxiety / panic disorder problems. God bless.
    You really need to get your so called "FACTS" straight! There are an unbelievable amount of people on much higher doses than 2mg 3x per day that DO NEED them! Of course there are also an unbelievable amount of people that take the same dosage or more, and ABUSE them as well. Many Doctors also prescribe patients whatever, and however much of any prescribed narcotic they want. These kind of people and doctors are what makes it even that much harder for the people that actually do NEED these types of medication to get them prescribed! I would estimate that in just MY county alone, at LEAST 3/4 of the people that receive Xanax greatly abuse them. That doesn't mean that the other 1/4 does not NEED them on a regular basis. I do NEED my Xanax on a regular basis, and My doctor is actually increasing my dosage to 2mg 4x per day next week. I can't imagine if there were someone that couldn't get Xanax prescribed to them if they have as bad of anxiety, anxiety attacks, ect...! You can't even begin to imagine the feelings of having anxiety attacks, but I will tell you just 2 of the worst parts of them...You CAN'T BREATHE, and you actually think you are going to DIE! So Mr. FACTS...until YOU have experienced these symptoms, then I highly suggest either not speaking OR getting your facts CORRECT! Nothing that you said was a 100% fact! & THAT is a FACT! Thank God you're not a doctor, because you are a very simple minded individual! God Bless You, and I truly hope you never have to suffer from anxiety problems of any kind.
    preachersjade likes this.

  23. #53
    xx8pokergirl1xx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle W View Post
    Ok, I am a 32 year old mother who has had anxiety issues for years - I have seen doctors in the past - who only wanted to "push" the anti-depressants time and time again. Which I am one of the few people who get worse while on those types of meds.
    I have finally been able to obtain health insurance again so wanted to see if I could get some opinions before speaking with a doctor.
    My problem is NOT depression - far from it. Its that I wake up every day just "aggravated" and anxious and as the old saying goes, "I have one nerve left" and everything just bugs me". I don't sleep well at night, any night and while I have taken xanax before (not an everyday thing) just when I feel like I am on the edge, I am not sure that is what I should be seeking out from my doctor since I don't have panic attacks.
    Hopefully someone can give me some advice because I really feel like I am the only person in the world who has this problem. Thanks for any advice.
    This website might help you narrow things down a bit. You need to go see a specialist, and not just a Family Doctor. I would try either a psychiatrist, or a psychologist. They might even have other things/ways you can try, instead of taking medication. Though having to take medication is not a bad thing, or something to be embarassed about. They have medications for reasons, and to help people that actually need them. So before you listen to the people that say how bad a certain medication is for THEM, you need to find out what is best for YOU. I hope this helps in some way. God Bless You, and take care.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 11-03-2011 at 01:24 PM.

  24. #54
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xx8?????girl1xx View Post
    You really need to get your so called "FACTS" straight! There are an unbelievable amount of people on much higher doses than 2mg 3x per day that DO NEED them! Of course there are also an unbelievable amount of people that take the same dosage or more, and ABUSE them as well. Many Doctors also prescribe patients whatever, and however much of any prescribed narcotic they want. These kind of people and doctors are what makes it even that much harder for the people that actually do NEED these types of medication to get them prescribed! I would estimate that in just MY county alone, at LEAST 3/4 of the people that receive Xanax greatly abuse them. That doesn't mean that the other 1/4 does not NEED them on a regular basis. I do NEED my Xanax on a regular basis, and My doctor is actually increasing my dosage to 2mg 4x per day next week. I can't imagine if there were someone that couldn't get Xanax prescribed to them if they have as bad of anxiety, anxiety attacks, ect...! You can't even begin to imagine the feelings of having anxiety attacks, but I will tell you just 2 of the worst parts of them...You CAN'T BREATHE, and you actually think you are going to DIE! So Mr. FACTS...until YOU have experienced these symptoms, then I highly suggest either not speaking OR getting your facts CORRECT! Nothing that you said was a 100% fact! & THAT is a FACT! Thank God you're not a doctor, because you are a very simple minded individual! God Bless You, and I truly hope you never have to suffer from anxiety problems of any kind.




    For what it's worth I've dealt with anxiety attacks since the 70s. I have been up in the middle of the night bouncing off the walls so badly (while medicated) that I couldn't sit down to even watch a tv. Had to drive to a store open 24 hours just so that I could walk around the store as I thought I would surely end up jumping out of the window at home. Trust me I've been there. I still contend that the doses of xanax you are talking about are VERY high doses, above what most drs would consider medicinal. I've also been on very high doses, at times higher than what you mention even, but I was comforting myself more than actually medically treating the condition at the time. I know it isn't fun, but continuing to increase the dosage isn't always the answer. Wasn't trying to offend you just stating reality from experience. I've had anxiety / blood pressure disorders that have eventually led to three blood clots. I am not without experience as you might think. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  25. #55
    batmobile2 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    3

    Unhappy Xanxa

    Quote Originally Posted by justwhatever View Post
    runzwithscissors

    if you really wanted to lie to your doctor, you could research the subject and figure out what to say. But, these days, doctors are weary of 'drug seekers.' it's a pretty bad feeling to walk out of a doctors office after getting denied. you could lose his trust, at the very least. Doctor shopping, switching pharmacies, and pharmaceutical fraud, are big deals, sometimes felonies. Doctors and insurance companies can red flag the DEA, and that's not good. you never know when are actually going to need medical help down the road for something real. Anyway, a doctor is going to start you off on a very small dose. if you are looking for a high, you will have to seriously abuse the drug, and you will run out in days and be left with nothing. very dangerous, believe me, i know.

    good luck

    this forum is about helping and healing-- feel free to correct my mistakes

    I just read your post on Klonopin, I have been on them for several years for sleep anxiety, but on a small dosage and i only take a half a pill at bedtime to get me to sleep, is this a concern i should ask my doctor about. I have MS and Neuropathic pain in my feet and have just come off of Fentynly 50 that i was on for 2 years, am glad to be off of it, I'm learning to deal with the pain Any Ideas would be great
    Jim

  26. #56
    soreros is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Absolutely true from my perspective

    Quote Originally Posted by xx8?????girl1xx View Post
    You really need to get your so called "FACTS" straight! There are an unbelievable amount of people on much higher doses than 2mg 3x per day that DO NEED them! Of course there are also an unbelievable amount of people that take the same dosage or more, and ABUSE them as well. Many Doctors also prescribe patients whatever, and however much of any prescribed narcotic they want. These kind of people and doctors are what makes it even that much harder for the people that actually do NEED these types of medication to get them prescribed! I would estimate that in just MY county alone, at LEAST 3/4 of the people that receive Xanax greatly abuse them. That doesn't mean that the other 1/4 does not NEED them on a regular basis. I do NEED my Xanax on a regular basis, and My doctor is actually increasing my dosage to 2mg 4x per day next week. I can't imagine if there were someone that couldn't get Xanax prescribed to them if they have as bad of anxiety, anxiety attacks, ect...! You can't even begin to imagine the feelings of having anxiety attacks, but I will tell you just 2 of the worst parts of them...You CAN'T BREATHE, and you actually think you are going to DIE! So Mr. FACTS...until YOU have experienced these symptoms, then I highly suggest either not speaking OR getting your facts CORRECT! Nothing that you said was a 100% fact! & THAT is a FACT! Thank God you're not a doctor, because you are a very simple minded individual! God Bless You, and I truly hope you never have to suffer from anxiety problems of any kind.
    Yeah, I registered specifically to respond to this; if someone feels that is a discrediting factor, please withhold your comments because you're not helping.

    I've never in my life had issues dealing with stress/anxiety until recently. Details are unnecessary, but for about the last 1-1/2 years I lived under a mountain of stress that's only gotten steeper despite my best wholesome, healthy efforts (counseling, good diet, exercise, daily vitamins, etc.) to decimate it. About a month ago, for really no clear reason (trigger), I woke up in the middle of the night experiencing PRECISELY the symptoms described above.

    This was by far the scariest experience I've been through my entire life. My worst mistake (while experiencing the attack) was telling myself that it was just a 'thing' - maybe I had eaten some bad food or had a bad nightmare I couldn't recall - anything to justify why it felt my mind was suddenly cracking into pieces and the horrifying dread that came with it. For THREE DAYS I endured this, telling myself it would stop, it was nothing. It felt like I was trapped in a waking nightmare. During those 3 days I couldn't eat or sleep. I had to focus my entire life force into holding onto my sanity and fighting off wave after wave of fear, dread and racing thoughts. I was basically pacing around the house for 72 hours straight (gasping for breath the entire time) before finally conceding to going into the ER.

    After being questioned (faaaarr too extensively IMO [would it really friggin matter at that point what my past drug history was, if any?]), they gave me a 1mg Ativan. About 15 or so minutes later I learned real fast the benefit of benzodiazepine. Fear and anxiety melted away nearly instantly, as did the irregular breathing. It gave me a measure of comfort I'd never needed before.... and at that point I truly believed it saved my life; or at the very least my sanity.

    I ended up going back to the ER two days later because of the same problem rearing up again. The doc was symp/empathetic enough to prescribe me a weeks' worth of pills to help to get to sleep, and they truly did a world of good. Within a few days I was able to get to sleep without them again, and I'm very glad that I have a few left in case this ever happens again.

    After reading this thread, I felt my two-cents' worth may be of some help to someone out there. It would seem alot of responses have been quick to condemn Xanax, Ativan, et al and the ppl who use them, but there are very legitimate uses for these drugs. Also, after only using them for a few days, I experienced no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever.

    And for what it's worth, prior to this incident I used (somewhat regularly) marijuana to reduce stress. Now it seems to have a reverse effect and makes me paranoid. Dunno what, why or how, but it does (damnit). I have found that Kava tea helps me calm down quite a bit, if taken in moderation (apparently consuming too many herbal products is as bad for your liver/kidneys as these meds are).

  27. #57
    caughtagain is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,560

    Default

    Sore... I am glad you have found relief using Benzo;s.. As someone who has been on this forum for a few years, I think what happens a lot of times is they (xanax etc) is not used for what you explained, rather they are used and abused to a point that leads them here to an addiction forum. I wish you well and am glad they helped you. All my best, Reid
    Opee likes this.

  28. #58
    sim333 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Don't start a drug you don't even know what its for. All in all, you will get hooked for something that you DON'T need it for. Abuuse is fun, then you end up in the hospital on an OD or you try to quit and the withdrawls get to you... Hopefully you make the right choice.

  29. #59
    davegtestr is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karaboo View Post
    Ok dude, if you want to encourage drug seeking behavior and marijuana use, go somewhere else. In case you haven't noticed, almost all the people on here are either getting off drugs or looking for help to get off drugs. Pot does cause lung disease, nitwit, inhaling anything damages the lungs. Go smoke your pot and rant somewhere else. We will still be here when you decide pot is addictive and need help quitting, if you have enough brain cells left to use a computer.
    Pot does not kill brain cells, alcohol does.

  30. #60
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    looks like a few of your brain cells are missing, youve answered a post thats years old....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22