How do you get a prescription for Phentermine?
    Anonymous Guest

Default How do you get a prescription for Phentermine?

I have three friends that have had a lot of success with phentermine. When I asked my doctor to write a prescription, she wouldn't do it. She is somewhat of an all natural type (and naturally skinny!!)- but I'm wondering if it is hard to find a doctor to prescribe it. I don't know how to go about getting the prescription. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-12-2008 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Wanted to expand title

lexiloo is offline New Member

Unhappy I am wondering that too!

I'm just learning about Phentermine and am interested in asking my doctor about it, but I'm afraid she'd say no. I am currently about 50lbs overweight and have had such a hard time trying to loose it. I'm only 26 and I feel like I've had the body of a 40 year old for 10 years! I hate it! I need some advice. I'm afraid if I'm not 100lbs or more overweight that it will just get brushed off as vanity. Any suggestions on how to approach my doctor?

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lexiloo View Post
    I'm just learning about Phentermine and am interested in asking my doctor about it, but I'm afraid she'd say no. I am currently about 50lbs overweight and have had such a hard time trying to loose it. I'm only 26 and I feel like I've had the body of a 40 year old for 10 years! I hate it! I need some advice. I'm afraid if I'm not 100lbs or more overweight that it will just get brushed off as vanity. Any suggestions on how to approach my doctor?
    Hi Lexiloo
    When you go to the doctor just tell her....Look I'm over weight and I want to know what my options are I want to try Phentermine.She may want you to try some other things first, I took it for about a month But I only had a few pounds to loose,,,just be careful that stuff can cause havoc on your nervous system...just be very blunt with her and tell her you want to try it..
    Good luck, Melinda

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi Lexiloo
    When you go to the doctor just tell her....Look I'm over weight and I want to know what my options are I want to try Phentermine.She may want you to try some other things first, I took it for about a month But I only had a few pounds to loose,,,just be careful that stuff can cause havoc on your nervous system...just be very blunt with her and tell her you want to try it..
    Good luck, Melinda
    P.S. I just need to tell you one more thing,If I need to loose any weight now I just do the atkins it works better than any drugs.

Default o boy

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    P.S. I just need to tell you one more thing,If I need to loose any weight now I just do the atkins it works better than any drugs.

Hi there,
    While i am here learning and going through subuxone, one thing i do have ALOT of experience with (i was 450lbs for many years) now 199lbs, is the world famous Dr Robert ATKINS diet, i will offer this much, the atkins diet definetly works and works well, but there are a couple of things, one, when i started i thought a life of butter,eggs all the meat, etc etc and atkins products would do the trick and i could live happily ever after, and for me, it did work wonders, i lost over 100lbs on the diet, but 6-8 months of eating and living like that, is tiring, and eventually you will want a sneak, a taste etc of something with carbs (please dont come back as a reply using the same principles of drug recovery because food(which can be like a drug, but isnt)is not the same as an actual drug...and let me tell you, when you fall off that wagon, if you think drugs are bad, once you start rolling that weight back on, your body will blow by your initial "setpoint" and let you add more weight to insure that if you try something like that again, we have a little extra on to prevent that, i was at 265 for years when i went on atkins because i thought i was too fat at that weight, man, as i said, i blew by that all the way up to 450, add to that the sedentary lifestyle of an over the road trucker and that was a recipe for disaster. Now, after saying all that, i do want you to know, every individual is different and your results may be totally unlike mine....my whole point of this is to make you aware that while atkins is good, and does work, if you go off it, you will regain FAST and add some on for good measure, good luck in whatever decision you make.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by truckerbob3007 View Post
    Hi there,
    While i am here learning and going through subuxone, one thing i do have ALOT of experience with (i was 450lbs for many years) now 199lbs, is the world famous Dr Robert ATKINS diet, i will offer this much, the atkins diet definetly works and works well, but there are a couple of things, one, when i started i thought a life of butter,eggs all the meat, etc etc and atkins products would do the trick and i could live happily ever after, and for me, it did work wonders, i lost over 100lbs on the diet, but 6-8 months of eating and living like that, is tiring, and eventually you will want a sneak, a taste etc of something with carbs (please dont come back as a reply using the same principles of drug recovery because food(which can be like a drug, but isnt)is not the same as an actual drug...and let me tell you, when you fall off that wagon, if you think drugs are bad, once you start rolling that weight back on, your body will blow by your initial "setpoint" and let you add more weight to insure that if you try something like that again, we have a little extra on to prevent that, i was at 265 for years when i went on atkins because i thought i was too fat at that weight, man, as i said, i blew by that all the way up to 450, add to that the sedentary lifestyle of an over the road trucker and that was a recipe for disaster. Now, after saying all that, i do want you to know, every individual is different and your results may be totally unlike mine....my whole point of this is to make you aware that while atkins is good, and does work, if you go off it, you will regain FAST and add some on for good measure, good luck in whatever decision you make.
    Hi truckerbob
    I'm sorry you had a hard time with the Atkins.
    You do have to be careful when you go off, you have to go into it slowly and introduce carbs back in at like 5 a week then you know where you stopping point is,If you start to gain just cut the carbs back down.
    Its pretty easy for me tho I don't eat sugar of flour, I have fibromyalgia and its not on my list of foods to eat...
    But you have to admit having that BIG t-bone steak for dinner was sure good... LOL...
    Talk to you later
    Melinda

JustQuitting is offline Junior Member

Another thing that will help you lose weight is easy & FREE - just do brisk walking every day for 30 minutes or so. About 10 years ago I started walking...built up to an hour a day and lost 40 pounds without changing my diet at all. When I hurt my neck/arm a couple of years ago, I stopped & have gained back about 15 pounds, but now that I'm off the drugs I plan to start walking again when the time changes.

holalola is offline New Member

Dear Naelee… I know how difficult this is for you. Well, I recommend you to consult other doctors and try to get the phentermine prescription officially. If this doesn’t happen and all the doctors say ‘no’ to your request, you will still be able to get the desired medication. I am sure that some of your friends have the same problem and they found the way how to get along with it. For example, you can start a protein diet (you can search for it). I have also read about phentermine a lot and I know that the results it gives are just great. But I believe that it’s not the only way to fight extra weight. My doctor didn’t write me a prescription either. She said I wasn’t in the weight group needed. But I found another way to lose 20 pounds. I joint a fitness studio 3 months ago. I exercise every day and I count every calorie I eat. It does help a lot! I am sure you can also manage to achieve your goal! Good luck to you!
    Last edited by holalola; 11-06-2009 at 07:05 AM.

holalola is offline New Member

But it's up to you...