Highly sexually motivated child??
    Puppy2010 is offline New Member

Default Highly sexually motivated child??

My grandson is 11. He was diagnosised with ADHD when he was about 5. He has been on various medications since then. Right now he is taking Adderal and Risperal. He has always displayed some level of interest in sexual things, but we thought it was fairly normal until recently. He is to the point now where he is close to being booted out of school! He shows inappropriate behavior towards girls, constant touching and rude comments. He has been punished both at school and at home. Now the authorities are threatening him with Juvenile homes etc. He is not a mean kid, or in any other kind of trouble. And, he has admitted that he just can't stop, but has no idea why. Does anyone know if these medications could be causing this behavior? We are grasping at this point for some answers. Thank you!

tamara02 is offline Banned

Hi Puppy,Go to the home page first.then look up the Drug interactions checker,list both those meds he;s taking and see what comes up,If it's not the meds,He may have to much free time,not enough homework,or sports,How about taking him to a therapist and nip it in the bud,now while he is young,Good luck and god bless,Tamm

sydbean is offline Member

I would suggest that you run, don’t walk, but run to a child psychologist. His behavior is far from normal and even suggest that he has been inappropriately exposed to some sort of sexual behavior. You MUST get him help NOW!!

tamara02 is offline Banned

Hi,Syd ,how are you tonite,I was wondering if you were around,sweet hasn't been on allday the b/f probably won't let her,Tamm

Hey Tam ~ I hope he has her locked away some where!! LOL!! It's nice and quiet without her here!!!

~Syd

Puppy2010 is offline New Member

I guess I should have mentioned, he has been under care for several years. The phychiartrist is the one that prescribes his medications. And, he has a "Play Therapist" too. He has been questioned about being sexually abused too. No results. Our whole family is just sick to death with worry about this whole situation. And, we are getting no answers from the "experts" which is what lead me here. We are just searching for answers....anything!
    Sad thing is other than being a bit hyper, he is no trouble at all at home! He plays hockey and is in wrestling too! No trouble there!
    Thanks for your responses.

monstermommy is offline New Member

maybe just maybe hes a very sexual child,hes not far from the girl crazy age of 12,13,14.I was a very sexual child but I had been sexualized from 18 months old on,so I knew no other way.Either way keep loving and treating him the same while seeking outside consultations.Ill be thinking about you all.

Vcamo is offline Banned

quote:Originally posted by sydbean

Hey Tam ~ I hope he has her locked away some where!! LOL!! It's nice and quiet without her here!!!

~Syd
    I hope you're joking because I think Sweet is a very nice person and I like her a lot.

Vcamo ~ Let's see....Um...do I really hope her man has her locked away somewhere....??? NO! Of course not...I was being sarcastic..PLEASE!!! Other than that...I will stay quiet on the subject. Just like my mommy taught me. "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!!!

~Syd