Hey guys Opiate withdrawal question
    nocomply is offline New Member

Default Hey guys Opiate withdrawal question

Hey guys i'm addicted to >>>>>> and today is the day I planned on quitting for a while. It's been 24 hours since my last hit. How long til I feel normal again? I know it's different for different opiates and >>>>>> is suppose to be the shortest but the most intense. Anyone have first hand experience? I think the lack of sleep and anixety is the worst for me.

cmarino is offline Junior Member

hey nocomply, i'm just short of two weeks of withdrawal from a 15-year >>>>>> habit and IT DOES GET BETTER, but i'm still waiting to feel halfway normal. i'm just trying to focus on what i've been reading here -- that there is a good reason for going through this and it will get better. i'm sorry for what you're going through; but it's nice to know i'm not alone. cm

ymccormack is offline Member

Hey Guys...the bad news is that (as marino knows) after the leg cramps, diarhea, sweating and flu like symptoms are gone...there is this really lingering malaise. I can only describe it as like a really heavy feeling in the pit of your stomach. All you want to do is sleep...but you can't sleep. To me, this was the hardest part and it's where I always gave up.

The good news is that this feeling goes away and you will eventually feel better. I actually had myself convinced that I was just feeling like what it was to be sober and that it would never get better so I may as well relapse. Not true! That's the addiction playing games with your head.

There will come a point where you feel 100%...it may take a month or two or three but it's on the horizon, guys.

You can do this!!!

Good Luck
    YM